Formal complaint about wwv/beluga matchmaking

Inzho

I am tired of every single match and this is no joke, everyone is a mismatch. Wether I am on the winning or as is most usual the losing side every battle is imbalanced. Everyone. Trying to get to 100 wins in wwv is ludicrous. A bit more manageable in beluga but in wwv almost a nightmare. I know nothing about coding, who is responsible nothing what I do know is that I am a paying customer and this is beyond frustrating. Someone somewhere in this company has to know about this issue and you guys need to do something about it. It is UNFAIR!!!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of whining and crying try to think of a solution witch would magically solve all the problems with matchmaking.

And try not to forget that 6v6 is not meant to be equalized, it is whale festa.

Only thing which should be fixed in 6v6 is same class count per team.

Anytime anyone has anytrhing to say about this gam its crying. Well you cant tell me stop crying if thats how you see it. I see a problem. I do not know how to solve it but it is a problem to me. I may be the only person in the game who ses this as an issue but to me it is a problem and I am speaking out about it. So excuse my tears but something about the matchmaking system is terribly flawed!

I gave a simple solution to jonathan on his Twitter couple months ago about matchmaking,but that would couse problems with ppl who spend time,money to get 800ap into making easy wins,so i guess he ignored me.

Divide it into small brackets of 50 ap.500-550,550-600,etc.

Someone who geared would still have an advantage at 550 or 600 ap from ppl at 500,550.Rating would still be accumulated the same,but you only play in your own brackets,getting rewards based on your rating,nothing would change.

But the 800ap ppl would complain couse they want to faceroll 500ap ppl with no cdef.So ofc they never gonna make it.

Only Real problem i see with this is matchmaking time to pop games,but in frenzy times,it shoudnt be much of a problem.

10 minutes ago, Inzho said:

Anytime anyone has anytrhing to say about this gam its crying. Well you cant tell me stop crying if thats how you see it. I see a problem. I do not know how to solve it but it is a problem to me. I may be the only person in the game who ses this as an issue but to me it is a problem and I am speaking out about it. So excuse my tears but something about the matchmaking system is terribly flawed!

Ok then if it is so terribly flawed gives us your solution to this problem.

Tell us your 100% working method of fair matchmaking were everyone is extremely happy.

9 minutes ago, Katsapliakos said:

I gave a simple solution to jonathan on his Twitter couple months ago about matchmaking,but that would couse problems with ppl who spend time,money to get 800ap into making easy wins,so i guess he ignored me.

Divide it into small brackets of 50 ap.500-550,550-600,etc.

Someone who geared would still have an advantage at 550 or 600 ap from ppl at 500,550.Rating would still be accumulated the same,but you only play in your own brackets,getting rewards based on your rating,nothing would change.

But the 800ap ppl would complain couse they want to faceroll 500ap ppl with no cdef.So ofc they never gonna make it.

Only Real problem i see with this is matchmaking time to pop games,but in frenzy times,it shoudnt be much of a problem.

1.6v6 is not meant to be equalized in any way.

2.Now let's say you implement this bracket, just how long it will take to find 12 people who fall into same bracket? Time to time I have to LFP for 2mins+ to get any team, just how many times that waiting time would increase?

3. What if I unequip my gear before LFPing? How system will know if it is my real stats or not?

The above comment explained it all :D The queue times will increase from 2-3mins to 15-20 or even 30min which is unacceptable. If only people decide to actually participate and not only whine its not equalized or whale fest or w/e other excuse they find. If it was such a problem why it wasnt changed on the other regions? Because people actually wanna take part of it even tho they are 300-400-500-600ap. Because it gives good rewards and stuff.

55 minutes ago, Rog said:

Ok then if it is so terribly flawed gives us your solution to this problem.

Tell us your 100% working method of fair matchmaking were everyone is extremely happy.

1.6v6 is not meant to be equalized in any way.

2.Now let's say you implement this bracket, just how long it will take to find 12 people who fall into same bracket? Time to time I have to LFP for 2mins+ to get any team, just how many times that waiting time would increase?

3. What if I unequip my gear before LFPing? How system will know if it is my real stats or not?

I'll just answer on the 3 part couse i dont disagree on other things.

When ur offline,your character is stored someplace with your stats and ofc your ap,matchmaking will take those stats,its a valid question tho.Also if you are hongmoon 12 for example and have leg neck or ring,its a failsafe to assume you are above 650+ or so.

I believe my first comment is ok to allievate the cheating ppl trying to find the workaround on this.

The only issue I have is that the distribution of these weaker geared people seems to be heavily skewed towards 1 team. I believe the way matchmaking currently works is that it will organize teams based on first come first serve. People in pairs (usually geared people) queue in and they are placed together with other pairs before singles (usually ungeared in lower elo) are placed in to fill in the missing spots. The issue comes after where the system will just fill in spots with solo-queue players on the other team not realizing that those people are probably undergeared for their opponents. I see this problem happening in the very low elos of the battlegrounds. After a certain elo, the matchmaking becomes a lot better and gear balance is fairly equal.

A guildmate of mine suggested adding a lower elo rank than 1300 to help out people struggling. Those who cannot get wins against geared people will fall below the starting 1300 at which point they will begin to be paired with people of similar gear. Its not perfect, but its the only thing I can see actually working for people to be able to get wins and more BP at lower levels of gear.

It should be based on HM levels. It's the safest way to do it. It shouldn't be matched by rank like arena because arena is equalized. (The arena ranking system measures your skill vs other people.) 
6v6 is gear based mostly. So matching by rank is pointless and stupid. That's why matchmaking has no balance whatsoever.

The problem is no1 PVP for fun in this game ppl do PVP to farme gear and skills

The worst is NCS force ppl PVP.

In my experience ppl start PVP when have nice gear force low gear ppl go PVP is just stupid (yea go there die 10000x and have fun)

2 hours ago, yiori said:

The worst is NCS force ppl PVP.

Haven't heard this in a while, didn't know we were back at February days of BnS. /giggle

2 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

It should be based on HM levels. It's the safest way to do it. It shouldn't be matched by rank like arena because arena is equalized. (The arena ranking system measures your skill vs other people.) 
6v6 is gear based mostly. So matching by rank is pointless and stupid. That's why matchmaking has no balance whatsoever.

Only problem is, people do tend to make alts and whale on them the minute they hit lv50.

So a whale could be HM 3~4(just from completing storyline quests) against actual HM 3~6s and just dominate them with ease. Thus giving them an easier farming time. But that's the one of the flaws.

4 hours ago, Inzho said:

I am tired of every single match and this is no joke, everyone is a mismatch. Wether I am on the winning or as is most usual the losing side every battle is imbalanced. Everyone. Trying to get to 100 wins in wwv is ludicrous. A bit more manageable in beluga but in wwv almost a nightmare. I know nothing about coding, who is responsible nothing what I do know is that I am a paying customer and this is beyond frustrating. Someone somewhere in this company has to know about this issue and you guys need to do something about it. It is UNFAIR!!!!!!!

If you're going to make a formal complaint, at least bring up a solution of some sort rather than just yelling, kicking and screaming until something is changed.

But wanting an "all fair, everyone happy" 6v6 is not possible. There will always be some unhappy people. You also have to remember, you can't blame a system all the time, some of the blame goes towards the community for that bothering to improve their gear for 6v6.

Granted, there are some people new to 6v6 and don't know about gear not being equalized but even after learning about it, they don't bother to gear up then begin to complain about the mode.

Basing matchmaking on gear is going to cause more complaints than it solves unfortunately.

Basing matchmaking on gear would increase queues to extremes with certain "brackets", and ontop of that, would become wildly abused as someone would just put on weak gear to get queued and change their gear once they get in the match to their real gear. You can't stop people from changing their gear or build in 6v6 because that would not be realistic, as changing things to fit the battle ahead of you is very important. 

A simple thing to do, that seems to bother EVERYONE, including geared people, is that matchmaking stacks crazy combinations of classes. 

Solution: Limit the amount of one class in a single party to TWO. This whole 4,5 and 6 people of the same class on the same team is beyond ridiculous. 

It's a much simpler solution, and I don't think people would complain about it to be honest. 

That's my 2 cents at least. 

1 hour ago, Leodore said:

Basing matchmaking on gear is going to cause more complaints than it solves unfortunately.

Basing matchmaking on gear would increase queues to extremes with certain "brackets", and ontop of that, would become wildly abused as someone would just put on weak gear to get queued and change their gear once they get in the match to their real gear. You can't stop people from changing their gear or build in 6v6 because that would not be realistic, as changing things to fit the battle ahead of you is very important. 

A simple thing to do, that seems to bother EVERYONE, including geared people, is that matchmaking stacks crazy combinations of classes. 

Solution: Limit the amount of one class in a single party to TWO. This whole 4,5 and 6 people of the same class on the same team is beyond ridiculous. 

It's a much simpler solution, and I don't think people would complain about it to be honest. 

That's my 2 cents at least. 

I'll stand by still with my simple solution to the matchmaking with the brackets,some concerns ppl have,i just thought of it now for one min.It dont take long to fix things.

If you remove your weapon,equip lower gear to have lower ap,then just make it inside you cant change any equip,if you try to be a smart person to cheat,then play with 100 ap without weapons and low gear,simple solution as i said.

19 minutes ago, Katsapliakos said:

I'll stand by still with my simple solution to the matchmaking with the brackets,some concerns ppl have,i just thought of it now for one min.It dont take long to fix things.

If you remove your weapon,equip lower gear to have lower ap,then just make it inside you cant change any equip,if you try to be a smart person to cheat,then play with 100 ap without weapons and low gear,simple solution as i said.

You should not stop people from changing gear and builds inside of 6v6, as adapting to the party you are about to face is part of the strategy. 

This is NOT a solution. 

The matchmaking with the brackets will not solve the problem because what do you use to define the brackets? Like the above stated, using AP to define brackets are stupid as AP is nothing in 6v6. It is about piercing, cdef, def, accuracy, etc. All of them contribute to how long you can survive in group fight and how fast you can kill other people. Also, dividing the brackets will take a very long quene time. At least I don't want to quene for 30+ minute and finally when I get in a match, i am matched up with same AP as mine, but without any cdef or piercing.

37 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

The matchmaking with the brackets will not solve the problem because what do you use to define the brackets? Like the above stated, using AP to define brackets are stupid as AP is nothing in 6v6. It is about piercing, cdef, def, accuracy, etc. All of them contribute to how long you can survive in group fight and how fast you can kill other people. Also, dividing the brackets will take a very long quene time. At least I don't want to quene for 30+ minute and finally when I get in a match, i am matched up with same AP as mine, but without any cdef or piercing.

u have to start from somewhere. right now is really stupid. group for AP,. or for crit def blocking equip before queing. do it for hm level.

then u start to use MMR. 

7 minutes ago, yiori said:

Wonderful argument! Is this what you do when you dont like the true? giggle

Then please good sir, explain to how you're being forced to PvP to progress in the game.

I mean, obviously you're forced to PvP to get PvP gear which are the Galaxy weapon, Dragon Ascent soul shields and the Zen bean HM skill(which will not halt any class in progression).

Aside from those things, what exactly do you need that requires you to PvP so heavily that you cannot possibly get to end-game gear without having to do so?

@Zuzu @Rog

Actually I remember someone mentioned it before that the two teams just need to be distributed well.

So team A total Crit def added up from all party members should be as close as team B total Crit def. It is not perfect, but it is very simple and I am sure it will help a lot.

The lobby should not limit to only 6 people in a team before matching up with another team. The lobby should allow 12 people to enter before dividing them into two team as equalised as possible.

How about at least a simple type of team equalization?  Once twelve people are in queue for team A and team B.

• Total up important stats for each player: AP, Crit def, Piercing, Accuracy, etc.
  • Rank each player in order of this number, #1 through #12.
  • Distribute players to each team like this:
    • A:  1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12
    • B:  2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11

With this there is no extra waiting as players have to meet certain characteristics for certain slots in teams and strength is at least approximately the same.  Note the strongest player is also on the same team as the weakest to balance it out.

3 hours ago, Buzzirk said:

How about at least a simple type of team equalization?  Once twelve people are in queue for team A and team B.

• Total up important stats for each player: AP, Crit def, Piercing, Accuracy, etc.
  • Rank each player in order of this number, #1 through #12.
  • Distribute players to each team like this:
    • A:  1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12
    • B:  2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11

With this there is no extra waiting as players have to meet certain characteristics for certain slots in teams and strength is at least approximately the same.  Note the strongest player is also on the same team as the weakest to balance it out.

do you know that your kind of distribution makes team B weaker than team A ?

Archived