Can a summoner have the same DPS as FM or WL?

iokunn

The gap between those classes wouldn't be too significant. Assuming all have very low ping and same ap ~650+ i'd expect them to do ~5k/sec more dps in pve. PVP is a different story though. If you queue pvp on summoner in 1v1 you automatically have a huge handicap between low dps/group support heals only(weak personal heals)/very low hp.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RuneKey said:

want me to literally list number of cc of sm = number of cc for fm. ?.____.

Sure, do it. Even if you might be able to list the same number, the effort to land the cc is much different. So no, fm has not the same cc as sum. Theortically perma freeze does not count as good cc.

13 hours ago, RuneKey said:

k gimme chi bomb

Take it. No one uses this skill so pls, take it in exchange for hide and more heal. I can see that you have no idea what fm skills really do.

23 hours ago, Southwind said:

So You want to keep all the benefits that summoner class provide, and additionaly You want same pve dps as FM? Fair enough...

Maybe you want soulburn, and spin to win as well? It would be nice cause summoners has very hard time now, just look at rankings, how underpopulated they are : (

Other classes have a ton of benefits. Would just be right for summoners to have high DPS like fm and wl.

21 hours ago, Kisagii said:

Ok here is something I know by experience. Can summoners reach dps like FMs? With our current gear, no. Later gear it will be close but it won't be the same.

For WLs if they are in the same party summoners will out dps them. If solo the WL wins.

Wind build is what you need to use for good dps on summoner. Using earth build is for tanking imo that's the reason why it doesn't do too much. With our current stuff we will not be able to use wind build fully, but once we get the items we need it will be really good.

Summoners don't match wl dps if they are in the same party. Only if the wl has lower dps, high ping or isn't doing a good rotaion.

22 hours ago, Charas Blade said:

Alright give FM same amount of CC , without loosing theirs dps

FM don't need much cc anyways. They have to much for them to the point they are overpowered.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Tnot always :) before the skill change if yu had a lot of crit beest was far superior to sunflower :P

Too bad we never got to experince it with high crit. Also, bees was pretty good here with the "on cast" before the nerf if you could be in melee the whole time.

1 hour ago, Zedonia said:

Sure, do it. Even if you might be able to list the same number, the effort to land the cc is much different. So no, fm has not the same cc as sum. Theortically perma freeze does not count as good cc.

Take it. No one uses this skill so pls, take it in exchange for hide and more heal. I can see that you have no idea what fm skills really do.

Fm doesnt need stealth and more heal. They are overpowered. Taking chi bomb would just make things right.

10 minutes ago, Skynemis953 said:

They are overpowered. Taking chi bomb would just make things right.

And you don't play FM, right? OP in what way? Because almost every class can deflect/resist most of our skills? Using one skill at the wrong time might cause useless stuns we can't escape from because most classes got enough cc to waste all our escape skills. FM is great in dps but in pvp we can't just dps like other classes. Try to play pve style rotation in pvp and you will lose definitely even against the worst enemy. And what do you want with chi bomb? Do you even know that this skill is shit? No one uses it because it's only good for troll gameplay in pvp.

3 hours ago, Skynemis953 said:

Other classes have a ton of benefits. Would just be right for summoners to have high DPS like fm and wl.

2 hours ago, Skynemis953 said:

FM don't need much cc anyways. They have to much for them to the point they are overpowered.

2 hours ago, Skynemis953 said:

Fm doesnt need stealth and more heal. They are overpowered. Taking chi bomb would just make things right.

You are trolling right? First of all Summoner has best utility skills among all classes, skills that can be actually used in 1vs1 and ToI and makes huge difference.

If Summoner has low dps, why there is so many summoners at high ranks in ToI? 

If FM has too much dps why its worst class in ToI? Compare numbers of FMs and Summoners in ToI ranking.

How FM is overpowered when there is no worse class than Fm in 1vs1 ranking? Just look how many players of certain classes are in gold rank. 

Chi bomb? :D I used it maybe two-three times, and i had it week after patch. It is useless with its cast time, it is so easy to counter/iframe or simply break casting by any cc.

1 hour ago, Southwind said:

If FM has too much dps why its worst class in ToI? Compare numbers of FMs and Summoners in ToI ranking.

Maybe because 99% of fm players are total shit and dont know how to play fm correctly? Bevv got up to Floor 61 back when he played with way less gear than fms have right now meanwhile the highest eu fm is at stage 56 now.

28 minutes ago, Symex said:

Maybe because 99% of fm players are total shit and dont know how to play fm correctly? Bevv got up to Floor 61 back when he played with way less gear than fms have right now meanwhile the highest eu fm is at stage 56 now.

Well noone said it is impossible, but it is hardest for FM among all classes to progress there.

Better gear/dps than Bevv had don't really help as much, cause crucial is to avoid cc-lock, so you can dps.

You must have perfect timing to kill opponents as FM in reasonable time, while other classes are far more forgivable, has better cc-locks and immunity skills still allowing them to make damage, not like "i will freeze myself and maybe opponent will die from waiting" and clock is ticking...

1 hour ago, Southwind said:

Well noone said it is impossible, but it is hardest for FM among all classes to progress there.

Better gear/dps than Bevv had don't really help as much, cause crucial is to avoid cc-lock, so you can dps.

You must have perfect timing to kill opponents as FM in reasonable time, while other classes are far more forgivable, has better cc-locks and immunity skills still allowing them to make damage, not like "i will freeze myself and maybe opponent will die from waiting" and clock is ticking...

Just because its hard it doesent mean the class is bad in toi.

7 hours ago, Zedonia said:

dude am not sure how much you have played fm or what consistence you have with it. if you  saying nobody uses chi bomb/multiple blaze in pve you are makin a joke of yourself

k, just want zedonia/ anybody questioning that fm cc build will make em loose dps vs sm ...i will list it :

to understand all classes have the base 3 cc ie kd ,dz,stun..which means its the basic req for dungeon x1 each which all classes have :P

i have listed below the no. of cc that sm has is equal to fm :v ...dont expect it to be  perfect English but anyone who has done dungeons for a long time will get the sum up:

1. fm  tab daze /kd(fire ele) firestorm = sm thorn strike daze/kd

2. fm dragon char cc daze = sm  strike daze

3. fm  joint attack stun from dragon whorl in  3 = sm tab stun.(lunge)

4. fm tab(ice ele)  frost armour knockback  = sm beckon kb

5.  fm second wind daze = sm  anklebiter (escape x2 skill)

this means both fm and sm have  EQUAL number of cc. wherein even having all these in skill build a fm WILL NOT LOOSE DPS   because you still have multiple blaze, lmb spam, ember stack(lmb auto/short fuse)  meteor shower. you will also have still heal from veil+ frost armour

if i do all the cc in sm as i mentioned above. it will just leave me with the anicancel dps of sunflower+rose ( yes sunflower the skill that devs have nerfed x3 times :) ) and petal toss..which will NEVER compare the burst of a fm :x

sidenote: i think people should realize dps/burst doesnt equal to rankings in toi/arena. there is a ton of player who NEVER do TOI yet their skills in their char in pve is better then some plat players in arena .

neways skynemis just summed up watevr rest i had to say :v 

1 hour ago, RuneKey said:

this means both fm and sm have  EQUAL number of cc. wherein even having all these in skill build a fm WILL NOT LOOSE DPS   because you still have multiple blaze, lmb spam, ember stack(lmb auto/short fuse)  meteor shower. you will also have still heal from veil+ frost armour

Just no.

On things that take only 1 cc to be effective, such as TOI, summoner destroys fm in terms of utility.  They have something like 14/15 different ccs, some of which are able to be reset every 8 seconds.

2 hours ago, TJXX said:

Just no.

On things that take only 1 cc to be effective, such as TOI, summoner destroys fm in terms of utility.  They have something like 14/15 different ccs, some of which are able to be reset every 8 seconds.

dude. i did mention fm/sm  in TOI is not general parameter of what dps difference of classes  is. i can complain that in ssp i have to slog my ass as a sm struggling with 600 ap to get boar credits. when a fm does that with 600 ap just two button press. so do i ?:v

i do understand players have ping/skill issues with fm vs sm hitting cc :v thats why fm is rated above sm in char creation difficulty guide.

i listed the cc because some dude was arguing. fm doesnt have equal no. of cc skills as sm does and if they do tier up their cc skills they loose 'dps' 

so  i lietrally had to list the number of cc thing for some dude who doesn't know his class e.e

THE POINT IS:TAGGING ALL YOUR CC SKILLS AS FM YOU STILL RETAIN 80-90%OF YOUR DPS.TAGGING ALL YOUR SKILL AS SM YOU RETAIN 70% OR LOWER DPS DEPENDING ON PING 

1 hour ago, RuneKey said:

dude. i did mention fm/sm  in TOI is not general parameter of what dps difference of classes  is. i can complain that in ssp i have to slog my ass as a sm struggling with 600 ap to get boar credits. when a fm does that with 600 ap just two button press. so do i ?:v

i do understand players have ping/skill issues with fm vs sm hitting cc :v thats why fm is rated above sm in char creation difficulty guide.

i listed the cc because some dude was arguing. fm doesnt have equal no. of cc skills as sm does and if they do tier up their cc skills they loose 'dps' 

so  i lietrally had to list the number of cc thing for some dude who doesn't know his class e.e

THE POINT IS:TAGGING ALL YOUR CC SKILLS AS FM YOU STILL RETAIN 80-90%OF YOUR DPS.TAGGING ALL YOUR SKILL AS SM YOU RETAIN 70% OR LOWER DPS DEPENDING ON PING 

You have that backwards man, if a FM uses only 2 buttons it's losing over 50% of it's dps, unless you mean inferno/meteor as the 2 buttons, if a summoner uses 2 buttons it's not missing out on much in comparison.  The tab kd/daze takes a long time to cast for fm and makes it lose quite a bit of dps, summoners can double kd with cat and not lose much of anything, or 1 daze/kd cat/summoner each and hardly lose anything, or double stun with cat and again.... hardly lose anything.

I'd say FM is rated above summoner in difficulty because it requires an actual rotation or your dps is going to be garbage, you can't just spam lmb/rmb and do 80/90% of your classes potential dps.

@RuneKey

You have a very big misunderstanding about FM. Let me explain:

1. FM tab (Heatwave) needs a very long time to set it down and is very unreliable unless the boss stand still or you have a very good tank. Compared to thorn strike which is instant one press and very convenient.

2. FM dragonchar daze version, if you spec this you will lose so much dps it is not even funny. I don't even know how this get in your list.....

What about air launch? Simple V from cat and another V you can keep opponent in air while you shoot bees. FM need to change to fire stance press tab firestorm (which means you cannot use heatwave for daze/knockdown). And then grab him in the air and let time goes by for nothing, or try to get in a few hit before he drops down.

What about cat pin?

The only thing FM have more than SUM is actually snaring. Even so SUM do have good snaring abilities and movement slow abilities that can have their cooldown reset.

6 hours ago, TJXX said:

You have that backwards man, if a FM uses only 2 buttons it's losing over 50% of it's dps, unless you mean inferno/meteor as the 2 buttons, if a summoner uses 2 buttons it's not missing out on much in comparison.  The tab kd/daze takes a long time to cast for fm and makes it lose quite a bit of dps, summoners can double kd with cat and not lose much of anything, or 1 daze/kd cat/summoner each and hardly lose anything, or double stun with cat and again.... hardly lose anything.

with just 2 buttons i think you mean lmb + rmb. With that we have no real dmg, our dmg comes more from overall then anything else.
And if we use 2 as kd/daze we will lose something like 10% overall dmg, cause we cant use our 2 as real dmg skill.

14 hours ago, TJXX said:

Just no.

11 hours ago, RuneKey said:

10 hours ago, TJXX said:

I'd say FM is rated above summoner in difficulty because it requires an actual rotation or your dps is going to be garbage, you can't just spam lmb/rmb and do 80/90% of your classes potential dps.

please list me the 14-15 cc summoner has that are sure shot. and i did mention dps is overall gameplay. you are just harping on TOI which has fm as the lowest rating . if you want to do toi..just fallow ice build.that gets you somewhere in 35floor if 600ap :/ if you wanna just go up the floors using 'pure utility' why dont you just roll bd ?x'D or better still compare your fm to bd then. in utility.

then you are saying sm do not not require a rotation ?o_o do you even play a sm ? its not lmb/rmb spam when you have to squeeze 25k-30k dps in dungeon with 650ap. for sure fm does 14k burst with inferno +ms at 600 ap because mine does and it gives me boar credit. please list me the 2 buttons(skills)  that gives sm such a giant dps /burst figure ?

5 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

@RuneKey

You have a very big misunderstanding about FM. Let me explain:

1. FM tab (Heatwave) needs a very long time to set it down and is very unreliable unless the boss stand still or you have a very good tank. Compared to thorn strike which is instant one press and very convenient.

2. FM dragonchar daze version, if you spec this you will lose so much dps it is not even funny. I don't even know how this get in your list.....

What about air launch? Simple V from cat and another V you can keep opponent in air while you shoot bees. FM need to change to fire stance press tab firestorm (which means you cannot use heatwave for daze/knockdown). And then grab him in the air and let time goes by for nothing, or try to get in a few hit before he drops down.

What about cat pin?

The only thing FM have more than SUM is actually snaring. Even so SUM do have good snaring abilities and movement slow abilities that can have their cooldown reset.

please read properly what i am trying to say.

i am pointing out that fm has equal no. of cc as sm. the placing of cc is upon individual and gamestyle as well as requirement . i agree heatwave uses casting time for daze etc and dragonchar is not sure shot but they are given as utility for avg players.  zedonia  argued to me saying that sm no. of cc is NOT equal to fm no. of cc.

am not asking you to tag dragonchar dude .the point is even after having equal no. off cc skills fm will outdps sm ? and if you are not being able to daze with heatwave/dragon char ,not my problem

what about'cat pin' ? i did list lunge there.as a stun utility  which is easy for fm dragonwhorl too.

also heatwave doesnt really take einstein to place and use. theres fm doing that fine in ebon citadel :/so that gap is same as placing and doing in 2s on boss. are they not being able to do it? theres ppl recruiting fm on f8 just for daze when ebon first came out. in NA

not being able to do that in TOI ? yeah ok..let me give you reality check. our daze from thornstike on bosses and toi chars is as buggy as 'nothing happened' its not patch yet where daze becomes stable cc for sm as in tw/kr/cn.as a 'hit down' which all other versions have. however its still good in pvp better then fm dz

now why would you talk about airlaunch in dps  topic ? cat airlaunches  sm dps. fm uses ring of fire>windstorm. same stuff. and air launch is as much ping dependent for fm as sm..the ease of doing air launch for sm >sm do not contribute to the 'dps' topic.

again if you are not being able to air launch an opp. not my prob. 

sidenote: for future references please reply after checking what other people posted in thread instead of typing something to counter argue what the last guy posted.that post was to give zedonia the no. of cc that fm has is equal to no. of cc sm has.

15 hours ago, RuneKey said:

if you  saying nobody uses chi bomb/multiple blaze in pve you are makin a joke of yourself

Dude, pls, if you dont want to read or think (or both) correctly, pls stop writing. NO ONE said anything about multiple blaze. Chi bomb is not multiple blaze. Multiple blaze is great, chi bomb is shit. So why the hell are you trying to change my words? Stop that shit already.

1. fm  tab daze /kd(fire ele) firestorm = sm thorn strike daze/kd

2. fm dragon char cc daze = sm  strike daze

3. fm  joint attack stun from dragon whorl in  3 = sm tab stun.(lunge)

4. fm tab(ice ele)  frost armour knockback  = sm beckon kb

5.  fm second wind daze = sm  anklebiter (escape x2 skill)

I dont know why you always argue with the number of cc (and then not even list all cc). Additionally: No one cares about cc in pve so this doesnt mean anything:

wherein even having all these in skill build a fm WILL NOT LOOSE DPS

Great, I can spam my pve rotation while having these cc. And now? I know that but it doesnt matter because I dont need any cc in most parts of pve. We are talking only about pvp and there a fm loses dps on pvp build. Why? I will explain it to you:

- frost palm (RB) has to be specced for chill or ALL our stun possibilities are gone -> dps loss on RB

- flame palm (LB) is our main dps skill but it needs a burning target to be good -> not possible in pvp or ToI to burn the target the whole time like in pve

- impact (1) has to be specced for stage 1 because we must have the counter -> dps loss and no way to really burn -> see flame palm

- blazing beam, one of our main dps skills, cant be used against most classes because we need the daze from dragonchar, beam is also a projectile and as you might know, it will be resisted from almost every class -> huge dps loss

- phantom grip (4) is needed against some classes because of their defense skill spam (BM for example) and to pull for example other FM out of veil -> no multiple blaze but it's anyway extremely hard to use in 1v1 pvp

- inferno (X) cant be casted because it takes too long and it cant be instant casted because we have the wrong impact 81) spec for it -> huge dps loss

- meteor (V) needs a frozen target or it wont hit, it also needs a burning target to deal his full damage -> both not easy to do in pvp -> huge dps loss

So, and you think a Fm does not lose much dps in pvp? Are you serious? And dont start again with:

13 minutes ago, RuneKey said:

and i did mention dps is overall gameplay

NO ONE cares about pve cc and the dps while having cc.

And for the number of cc you mentioned:

- what about Flying Nettles (F)? Slow is no cc for you?

- power pounce (TAB) is no cc for you?

- Grasping Roots/Wheed Whack? Root is no cc it seems

- Briar Patch (4) is another root...

- Evade (SS), I found another root

- Hammer spin (C) is knockback and knockdown and in 1v1, it makes it extremely hard to sleep the cat

So what has a FM to gain the same number of cc (because its so important for you to believe in that)? We have a theretically permanent root but to do it our enemy has to waste all their escape skills and then we have to hit them 3 times with our RB what isnt very fast nor does it penetrate deflect or anything.

A sum has more and better cc than a fm has. Compare the cooldowns, sum is better all the way. Your petal storm is better than our veil because (surprise) lower cooldown and "Resist stun caused by deflect while within the area". This is extremely helpful because with it you can spam every shit without thinking. What does happen if we are in veil and hit into a spin? Right, we got stunned. GG. Besides this, sum cc is easier to do than FM cc and this is the main point.

OK, because this topic was not about the cc of classes but dps I will end our discussion with this post. Sum has more cc than FM in pve and in pvp but FM does more damage.

@RuneKey

I did read your discussion with zedonia, I just thought I would help him/her reply. Maybe my explanation is not clear. You keep saying that FM has the same number of CCs without losing dps. I just wanted to point out it is not true. Please read again what I posted. I believe me and others have explained many times but you don't get it. I believe it is because you are not even familiar with FM in the first place. So not much point in discussing anymore I guess.

Side note: Cat pin and air launch are very important CCs too, including snares.

18 hours ago, RuneKey said:

please list me the 14-15 cc summoner has that are sure shot. and i did mention dps is overall gameplay. you are just harping on TOI which has fm as the lowest rating . if you want to do toi..just fallow ice build.that gets you somewhere in 35floor if 600ap :/ if you wanna just go up the floors using 'pure utility' why dont you just roll bd ?x'D or better still compare your fm to bd then. in utility.

then you are saying sm do not not require a rotation ?o_o do you even play a sm ? its not lmb/rmb spam when you have to squeeze 25k-30k dps in dungeon with 650ap. for sure fm does 14k burst with inferno +ms at 600 ap because mine does and it gives me boar credit. please list me the 2 buttons(skills)  that gives sm such a giant dps /burst figure ?

please read properly what i am trying to say.

i am pointing out that fm has equal no. of cc as sm. the placing of cc is upon individual and gamestyle as well as requirement . i agree heatwave uses casting time for daze etc and dragonchar is not sure shot but they are given as utility for avg players.  zedonia  argued to me saying that sm no. of cc is NOT equal to fm no. of cc.

am not asking you to tag dragonchar dude .the point is even after having equal no. off cc skills fm will outdps sm ? and if you are not being able to daze with heatwave/dragon char ,not my problem

what about'cat pin' ? i did list lunge there.as a stun utility  which is easy for fm dragonwhorl too.

also heatwave doesnt really take einstein to place and use. theres fm doing that fine in ebon citadel :/so that gap is same as placing and doing in 2s on boss. are they not being able to do it? theres ppl recruiting fm on f8 just for daze when ebon first came out. in NA

not being able to do that in TOI ? yeah ok..let me give you reality check. our daze from thornstike on bosses and toi chars is as buggy as 'nothing happened' its not patch yet where daze becomes stable cc for sm as in tw/kr/cn.as a 'hit down' which all other versions have. however its still good in pvp better then fm dz

now why would you talk about airlaunch in dps  topic ? cat airlaunches  sm dps. fm uses ring of fire>windstorm. same stuff. and air launch is as much ping dependent for fm as sm..the ease of doing air launch for sm >sm do not contribute to the 'dps' topic.

again if you are not being able to air launch an opp. not my prob. 

sidenote: for future references please reply after checking what other people posted in thread instead of typing something to counter argue what the last guy posted.that post was to give zedonia the no. of cc that fm has is equal to no. of cc sm has.

Some of these skills have multiple effects, can be used twice, some are situational, but either way summoner has insane amounts of CC and you don't have to sacrifice much damage for it.

1. Entangle (RMB)

2. briar patch

3. ankle biter/surprise gift

4. uppercut

5. play time

6. strike

7. headbutt

8. thorn strike

9. grasping roots/weed whack

10. evade

11. beckon

12/13. power pounce/kd after 10 seconds

14. lunge

15. hammer spin

To do decent dps on a summoner all you have to do it spam lmb/rmb and your 2 f skills every 8 seconds or so, anything else just adds a few % extra.  It's insanely simple.

Sums can actually still do great dps, even with the now nerfed sunflower.

Ive seen a few sums that i'm having a hard time to keep up with, myself being WL and being able to keep up with many FMs of almost equal gear.

Yet those sums are really rare and most sums seem to not be able to come even near the dps they could do.

On 11/22/2016 at 0:34 AM, Zedonia said:

And you don't play FM, right? OP in what way? Because almost every class can deflect/resist most of our skills? Using one skill at the wrong time might cause useless stuns we can't escape from because most classes got enough cc to waste all our escape skills. FM is great in dps but in pvp we can't just dps like other classes. Try to play pve style rotation in pvp and you will lose definitely even against the worst enemy. And what do you want with chi bomb? Do you even know that this skill is shit? No one uses it because it's only good for troll gameplay in pvp.

I do play FM. They are op in every way.

On 11/22/2016 at 3:28 AM, Southwind said:

You are trolling right? First of all Summoner has best utility skills among all classes, skills that can be actually used in 1vs1 and ToI and makes huge difference.

If Summoner has low dps, why there is so many summoners at high ranks in ToI? 

How FM is overpowered when there is no worse class than Fm in 1vs1 ranking? Just look how many players of certain classes are in gold rank. 

Chi bomb? :D I used it maybe two-three times, and i had it week after patch. It is useless with its cast time, it is so easy to counter/iframe or simply break casting by any cc.

I'm not trolling, just saying the truth. FM is op. And you have multi blaze anyways. Would be better for a summoner to have to combo with pounce. Also people who play summoners are just better at Toi. Probably cus they dont just dps.

3 hours ago, Sonozaki said:

Sums can actually still do great dps, even with the now nerfed sunflower.

Ive seen a few sums that i'm having a hard time to keep up with, myself being WL and being able to keep up with many FMs of almost equal gear.

Yet those sums are really rare and most sums seem to not be able to come even near the dps they could do.

Those fm and wl should work on their rotation then. FM and WL can beat any amazing summoner at dps without a problem.

Archived