Can a summoner have the same DPS as FM or WL?

iokunn

6 hours ago, Skynemis953 said:

I do play FM. They are op in every way.

FMs aren't overpowered in every way. If there's anything they're potentially overpowered in, it's the damage they can dish out with awakened dragonchar with a WL in the party, otherwise they either do their roles right(high dps because they're technically elemental mages) or are difficult to play and master such as in pvp. Saying FMs are overpowered is like saying summoners are underpowered and both ideas are ridiculous.

I play both FM and summoner in PvE and PvP and when it comes to CC, there is no comparison whatsoever...summoners win hands down in that department.

If you actually played FM right and participate often in PvP AND ToI, there is absolutely no way you'd say FMs are OP in every way because that is just straight up ridiculous.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Skynemis953 said:

I'm not trolling, just saying the truth. FM is op. And you have multi blaze anyways. Would be better for a summoner to have to combo with pounce. Also people who play summoners are just better at Toi. Probably cus they dont just dps.

Those fm and wl should work on their rotation then. FM and WL can beat any amazing summoner at dps without a problem.

Or is it possibly because sums cant be parry blocked all day and can totally ignore stuff like Bladecall or Divine Veil? Plus having that cat, that can just counter CC if the sum gets locked in a combo... I wonder...

FM is only OP in PvE dps, nowhere else. It's bottom tier in all rankings, except 6v6 maybe, where FM can support his group quite decent, as well as recieve support. Also stalling braziers with his defensive skills, etc.

Also, as we all know, dps is also highly ping dependant. a 50ms difference can make your character feel as if it had its hand glued together... FPS probs come on top of that. I can't do my rotation with even half the speed in MSP like i do in dungeons on good days...

As i said, there are very few sums that can pull of good dps, but it is very well possible to do so with this class.

On 11/24/2016 at 3:39 PM, Rokusan said:

FMs aren't overpowered in every way. If there's anything they're potentially overpowered in, it's the damage they can dish out with awakened dragonchar with a WL in the party, otherwise they either do their roles right(high dps because they're technically elemental mages) or are difficult to play and master such as in pvp. Saying FMs are overpowered is like saying summoners are underpowered and both ideas are ridiculous.

I play both FM and summoner in PvE and PvP and when it comes to CC, there is no comparison whatsoever...summoners win hands down in that department.

If you actually played FM right and participate often in PvP AND ToI, there is absolutely no way you'd say FMs are OP in every way because that is just straight up ridiculous.

FM are overpowered and summoners are underpowered, its not a joke,And FM is overpowered in Arena and 6v6. Summoners just have a higher bracket in Toi and FM have a lower one. Toi is a joke anyways but at least you don't have to get high ranking to get high rewards. 

Also as people said, with same gear, Wl and FM will crush summoner in dps. This applys as long as you arent playing with a high pinger bad rotation fm and wl against a good sum.

But u know i've seem a lot of summoners getting better dps than FM as long they have legendary neck and ring stage 10. And seems like every single summoner in this game got them LOL !!!!  I dont know how but in dungeons every summoner i get in my parties got legendary jewel LOL Is this a joke?  Summoner seems like make a lot of money since there a lot of them with expensive things lol.

3 minutes ago, iokunn said:

But u know i've seem a lot of summoners getting better dps than FM as long they have legendary neck and ring stage 10. And seems like every single summoner in this game got them LOL !!!!  I dont know how but in dungeons every summoner i get in my parties got legendary jewel LOL Is this a joke?  Summoner seems like make a lot of money since there a lot of them with expensive things lol.

That isn't similar gear. Of course a max gear summoner is gonna beat a low ap fm. I seen a 600 AP des beat a 750 ap fm (300+ms) in dps, guess des dps is better than fm.

15 hours ago, Skynemis953 said:

FM are overpowered and summoners are underpowered, its not a joke,And FM is overpowered in Arena and 6v6. Summoners just have a higher bracket in Toi and FM have a lower one. Toi is a joke anyways but at least you don't have to get high ranking to get high rewards. 

Also as people said, with same gear, Wl and FM will crush summoner in dps. This applys as long as you arent playing with a high pinger bad rotation fm and wl against a good sum.

"Summoners have a higher bracket and FMs a lower one?" Of course you're gonna dismiss this like it's nothing since it doesn't support your idea of "FMs being overpowered in every way". LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 3:34 AM, Zedonia said:

And you don't play FM, right? OP in what way? Because almost every class can deflect/resist most of our skills? Using one skill at the wrong time might cause useless stuns we can't escape from because most classes got enough cc to waste all our escape skills. FM is great in dps but in pvp we can't just dps like other classes. Try to play pve style rotation in pvp and you will lose definitely even against the worst enemy. And what do you want with chi bomb? Do you even know that this skill is shit? No one uses it because it's only good for troll gameplay in pvp.

uhm, here are my $0.02. 

FM can is basically an anti-ranged killer. multiple forms of frost sheath and perma freeze + ridiculous dmg that goes through anti-projectiles like petal storm etc. the perma freeze and run around while having a knockback/block skill that denies the cat or other melees (kfm,BD, destroyer) from charging them BM is a separate case here. not sure about the FM vs WL matchup but if Summ can shit on WL this bad and SM and FM have almost the same type of playstyle bar the cat then i would think FM basically 80-20 WLs so again range killers.

FM once again have ridiculous good matchup vs melees like BD and KFM unless FM is stupid with the perma freeze and the knockback skills. Also note that FMs giving chill means almost always disabling charge skills, basically 60-70% of the fight a melee doesnt have access or reach to an FM because charge disables. FM have Q and E gap closers/gap wideners which is stupid for a range class with perma charge disables and perma freeze to have. also the only RANGE class that has 2 stun escapes... is stupid and their IMPACT skill is basically a grab break when they have frost applied.

and u say FMs arent overpowered? 

Why are people bringing PVP or TOI discussion into this thread?

In a PVE environment, where DPS matters (and dps buffs, especially Soulburn, are provided by other party members), a Summoner can currently not compete with a Warlock or a Force Master in terms of raw dps.
This obviously only applies if the FM or Warlock have equal gear and ping.

This may change in future patches, but right now FM and WL just deal more raw DPS. It's that simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Summoner is a support type of class. If they remove aoe heal, stealth, and the cat, I don't mind they boost summoner dps.

Can WL aoe heal and stealth? No

Can FM have a pet like thall or cat and stealth? No

Every class is unique and different. By the way, summoner has enough escapes already just like other classes. Which class has more escapes? I can't think of any.

Maybe this has to do something with my ping since I am currently traveling in Chile, but I keep finding warlocks 100 AP under me and with HM energy 1 (I have HM energy 6) that out DPS me. I had a level 50 HM 9  inferiorly-geared warlock bitching me out, a HM12 summoner, over my DPS. Is this working as intended? 

Archived