Destroyers in MSP

Dexsnder

What is their purpose?

They can't really tank the boss, they can't provide party buff, they can't provide a party protection, they can't efficiently heal party members, they can't lift the turtle and their damage is absolute trash.

Why would anyone that want a fast MSP run allow a Destroyer in the party? 

7 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

well i have problem with gardening. for some reason it's kinda slow to kill weeds ;w; 

can't kill them 1 by 1 as by the time microweed appear turtles already release poison cloud.

u lure them and group them, then spin

54 minutes ago, Dexsnder said:

What is their purpose?

They can't really tank the boss, they can't provide party buff, they can't provide a party protection, they can't efficiently heal party members, they can't lift the turtle and their damage is absolute trash.

Why would anyone that want a fast MSP run allow a Destroyer in the party? 

I'm pretty sure that's a complete lie mate. Don't hate destroyers too much they might rekt, you anytime.

Destroyers are on gardening duty only because it's a waste to put them on the turtle. Other classes do gardening better, but they are also more welcome in main dps role. Perfect turtle raid would have exactly 0 destroyers.

And it's already happening by the way. All the consistent stage1-6 PUGs I've seen so far are "LF 700+ WL/buff/dps". Meaning 700+ [any class but destroyer].

17 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

Destroyers are on gardening duty only because it's a waste to put them on the turtle. Other classes do gardening better, but they are also more welcome in main dps role. erfect turtle raid would have exactly 0 destroyers.

And it's already happening by the way. All the 1-6 PUGs I've seen so far are "LF 700+ WL/buff/dps". Meaning 700+ [any class but destroyer].

Sad. Once again, we get new content in which Destroyers are completely useless. At this point, I'm really wondering what is up with the devs. Do they really not realise how Destroyers has been getting the short end of the stick since release or do they genuinely don't care?

Pretty godlike for gardening. Shield up at the farthest weed to group them up, mighty cleave+red spin and done. Just stagger anti-cc ember and fury to skill the squatch.

Taunt kick is ok for adds or if you need to grab agro on turtle to reset rotation if somebody *cricket*s up.

5 hours ago, Dexsnder said:

Sad. Once again, we get new content in which Destroyers are completely useless. At this point, I'm really wondering what is up with the devs. Do they really not realise how Destroyers has been getting the short end of the stick since release or do they genuinely don't care?

Where the Devs are located, Destroyers are balanced. That is why we are unlikely to see changes specifically for NA. Hopefully the changes to the skill system might help us if we get those soon after KR and they help Destros.

so far i got more bad reviews from kr test server players then good nothing is set in stone i rly think ppl are going so wrong about destro flaw 1 dps falls off to much add 20% more dps to lmb rmb so we do a solid number and our dps dose not fall off so bad add them to leg ss so pvp not broken add a soul badge for cdamage wile fury is active use it on a soul badge like they gave bd 2 lifts( on top of more sistaned dps, HM Block, HM Block did i say hm block oo and the ability to lift w/o cc. destro would be fixed cdef for party damage for a class that rly has great burst but no sistaned dps i mean we dont need the dps increse in fury just wile were out of it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but destroyers have the ability to increase the parties damage by lowering the enemy's defense by 20% for 25-33% of the time? 

Also, destroyers have the ability of reducing damage to themselves and to team members by 50% and also giving their defense a 300% boost? (I do not know how long this buff lasts though, as the skill doesn't seem to say, so I'd appreciate more clarity on how long this skill lasts when casted, it has a 45 second cool down, so I hope it's a decent amount of time, but nothing extreme)

Also destroyers can protect people resurrecting and also reduce their time to restore chi significantly? 

Since destroyers can also spin to negate alot of damage to themselves, with this combination of abilities, saving a party from a complete wipe could literally come down to a destroyer using his party friendly skills, while also helping keeping members from even dying to begin with, and helping all members kill the boss even quicker. 

As for the changes on KR test server, you also get a few more self surviving abilities, and your defense/damage reduction party buff gets buffed to 70% and I think 400%, instead of 50% and 300%. 

I dunno, seems pretty useful to me already, but I don't see any destroyers utilizing this o_O;

I do see many complaining that their class can't do anything for a party.

Maybe i'm confused though, so please, honestly and sincerely, correct me if I'm wrong about any of this above. 

I'm still learning about all of the other classes, so I could definitely be wrong. 

well lets break this down

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leodore

Also, destroyers have the ability of reducing damage to themselves and to team members by 50% and also giving their defense a 300% boost? (I do not know how long this buff lasts though, as the skill doesn't seem to say, so I'd appreciate more clarity on how long this skill lasts when casted, it has a 45 second cool down, so I hope it's a decent amount of time, but nothing extreme)

Robot:

the area is so small it blows and rly every destro should be running damage stomp or def stomp if needed the area is not a party wide affect its a area and its verry small :P

Leodore

Correct me if I'm wrong, but destroyers have the ability to increase the parties damage by lowering the enemy's defense by 20% for 25-33% of the time?

Robot:

the way pierc works in game u dont need to red def and besides its being done by other class's n shit as well not gona go into it piercing makes it mute on top other abilitys from class's and sheet lower all the def as well its not a needed stat crit 100000000 times better :P u wana crit on a restraint :P

Leodore

Also destroyers can protect people resurrecting and also reduce their time to restore chi significantly?

Robot:

amazing skill yes i love it its a lil buggy some times but when it works its amazing only issue is if u 4m after a wile u dont rly die or kil 1 hit koed on mech in 24 man its nice though cuz u can pick 1 person up :P

Leodore

Since destroyers can also spin to negate alot of damage to themselves, with this combination of abilities, saving a party from a complete wipe could literally come down to a destroyer using his party friendly skills, while also helping keeping members from even dying to begin with, and helping all members kill the boss even quicker. 

Robot: i run parry spin just what im used to in pvp and pve i can block boss's and do like orbs in ashura exc exc i dont see our spin rly bing any thing near a party savor though its more of a back up for some meh in instances

Leodore

As for the changes on KR test server, you also get a few more self surviving abilities, and your defense/damage reduction party buff gets buffed to 70% and I think 400%, instead of 50% and 300%. 

Robot:

we dont need more survivability we need a party wide negate or damage  buff ,not a verry small range for verry lil time its good for raids protecting the mele only issue is most mele have longer iframes n such to rly not make this skill buffed 1000% that much better

Leodore

I dunno, seems pretty useful to me already, but I don't see any destroyers utilizing this o_O;

Maybe i'm confused though, so please, honestly and sincerely, correct me if I'm wrong about any of this above. 

I'm still learning about all of the other classes, so I could definitely be wrong. 

destro is not horrid were just at a state were we could be alot better comparing us to dps were able to top 6 1-4 dude to burst but long fights and bringing party wide support were verry lacking and this game rly is about how fast u can do somthing to try to get rng i get in 4m groups and all that i farm every thing every one else dose but id like to not be the guy that knows mech to a tee witch is great trust me but we just dont have that thrive like o man lets bring a destro to this group for his class not the players ability to play and do half ass nerfed meh that ppl either swipe to bypass learing it or are just dumb and not studying that said i make mistakes  ir only human but for speed and effency were lacking as a class comp to any other then maby sf rly sence they dont have a dps buff or party iframe i would say that sf is prob atm in a state of destro other then they can bring more dps on longer fights i found a good post in tw destroyers are a amazing class but hm lvls and soulbadges have limited there play untill a later state of game that might takes months for na to uptain i hope i did ok here u are not wrong or said any thing bad i am glad i got to break it down ty    ( what im trying to say is i get 4 mans but im not sought out for 4m content though i farm daily and could farm all day f8 even over 700ap is hard to get in a group as a destro and i have to rely on ppl that could easy bring a dps clas to not have to comp for a destro u got to think u dont need a tank y would a wl sin bd and fm want a destro every person brings a role at a point were understanding of meh is not the only thing needed hinders my experence and ability to uptain as many runs as id like some times only imagen new destros or destro comming back or bad destros and the lack of progression they are going through and u can go on redit n talk to all the good destro we love the class obv but we all agree we need lovein .)

Mr Robot

ps 24hr farmin msp that sleepy typo type

@Leodore

Aint nobody speccing that cuz of crit grab

Aint nobody from party other than destro standing in that (its literally small circle on floor that isnt moving and everyone spec for dmg on it instead)

Yes great skill but only useful if someone dies which doesnt happen alot and it can be buggy (specially if near enemy it shares the rbm keybind so .-.)

Yes sometimes you can be only survivor but then noone resses or you dont have enough dmg to finish the boss. Fun times. 

Literally no destroyer asked for more def and shit. What we want is to have at least mediocre dmg in pve (pvp seem okay to me but I dont play it alot)

Maybe cuz all the other support abilities from other classes are more useful (hm blocks, party wipe save etc. Everyone gonna pick buff and party save when bosses cant even be grabbed (MSP for example, there is literally nothing else than either flower duty or dps to do on destro. And many dont want destro cuz of shit dmg then -.-'')

As for the questions about destroyers defensive skills - S4 Emberstomp and S3 Shield  (in this particular topic in MSP, but also anywhere else in general).

Lets forget they have only 8m radius (which, in heat of the battle, and especially at turtle, is not  whole lot).

The real issue with them is pretty simple:

Party-wide Iframes are better. That's it. No "when"s, no "if"s, no "but"s. Period. Which means a Force Master, Assassin/Summoner, Blademaster/Bladedancer party protection is infinitely superior. Why not add a destroyers party protection as a 4th backup ? Because not in MSP or anywhere else in the game does any fight require this many protections due to its mechanics and how often they happen. With a competent tank a single FM will make your party perfectly safe in MSP. 2 x Party protection will currently make any dungeon run fool-proof. Most extreme of cases - SSP berserker requires 3 of them to be perfectly safe and go yolo - and in the case of berserker a destroyer simply cannot afford to gimp his already weakest damage even further because that will in fact defeat the purpose of fighting it in the first place.

Yes, on some fights there is no reason at all not to spec S3 shield. But due to its inconsistency it simply cannot be considered a legitimate substitute to a full-value party protection enforced by fight mechanics.

Now, on to Destroyers in the turtle fight:

Webbing - any class can do it in time.

Garden - any class can do it in time.

Turtle Dps - every single class is superior to destroyer.

Destroyers are not put in gardening/webbing positions because they excel at it. Destroyers are put in gardening/webbing positions because they happened to find a spot in the raid.

And to follow this up, and be brutally honest:

There are only 2 reasons why a Destroyer is in a turtle raid. He is running with clan/friends and tags along, or it's too early/late in the day and you just need to fill your raid spots somehow.

Sad, isn't it.

S3 shield...

anyone willing to stick in narrow..and Invisible coverage of it ?  plus it does not protect against AOE.

I usually stick to S2 as it provide regeneration and less cd.. Thus more useful.

----

In gardening..soloing it is kinda hard as the Blitz stage 2 (the one with daze inside) Does not work against weed.  and these weeds got ranged attack too.  Even when i managed to gather them in 1 spot. Q and Tab spin does not seem to be strong enough to eliminate them in 1 Go.

Archived