Forums

10th class Teaser Trailer

alpha2324

At the rate in which this game is going here in the west, it might not be here by the time we finally catch up to KR patch wise.

But I digress...no surprise on a gun class. Anyone with a modicum of foresight saw this coming a mile away. The systems are there, the game has major NPC's that use them. NCsoft has experience with them...who didnt see this coming?

I don't get why Gunners have risen to such popularity in MMORPGs. I'm tired of them, lol.

Tera has Gunners, Aion has Gunners, Guild Wars 2 has Gunners, Skyforge has Gunners, Revelation Online has Gunners... and soon Blade & Soul has Gunners.

7 minutes ago, Viblo said:

I don't get why Gunners have risen to such popularity in MMORPGs. I'm tired of them, lol.

Tera has Gunners, Aion has Gunners, Guild Wars 2 has Gunners, Skyforge has Gunners, Revelation Online has Gunners... and soon Blade & Soul has Gunners.

This ^

On the other hand, it's nice to see Destro, FM and Lock getting new skills, especially Destro looks badass :)

(Spoiler alert for those who really don't want to see ANYTHING about the future story)

23 minutes ago, Viblo said:

Disagreed. What's wrong with BnS having Gunner class? Just cuz many other has Gunner, it doesn't mean BnS should not have one. By that logic, other games also have axe-wielder -> we should not have Des; blade-users -> we should not have BM, BD; ice/fire mage -> we should not have FM...

I don't really care if every other MMOs has Gunner or if the class itself is unoriginal. If you want it to be original, try a class that shoot laze from belly button, lol.

What I interest is how they design the class, how it will DPS (sustainable/burst/DoT), how it will contribute to party (buff/debuff/protection), and how it will distinguish itself to other BnS ranged classes in particular, and other games' Gunner class in general.

Time for BnS to have another ranged class to balance out the 6 melee (SF is melee for most of the time) and 3 ranged. Plus, all of the current ranged classes are magic-wielders, so a weapon-based one like Gunner would bring something new.

5 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Disagreed. What's wrong with BnS having Gunner class? Just cuz many other has Gunner, it doesn't mean BnS should not have one. By that logic, other games also have axe-wielder -> we should not have Des; blade-users -> we should not have BM, BD; ice/fire mage -> we should not have FM...

I don't really care if every other MMOs has Gunner or if the class itself is unoriginal. If you want it to be original, try a class that shoot laze from belly button, lol.

What I interest is how they design the class, how it will DPS (sustainable/burst/DoT), how it will contribute to party (buff/debuff/protection), and how it will distinguish itself to other BnS ranged classes in particular, and other games' Gunner class in general.

Time for BnS to have another ranged class to balance out the 5 melee (SF is melee for most of the time) and 3 ranged. Plus, all of the current ranged classes are magic-wielders, so a weapon-based one like Gunner would bring something new.

It might be a matter of personal taste making me dislike Gunners. 

There are however two different factors which should be taken into thought.

Firstly, most MMORPGs are taken place loooong ago. Having advanced gun technology hundreds of years ago are sort of throwing me of and just appears as strange to me in a game with otherwise Sword-users and Magic-users.

Secondly, I think there's a bigger variety in the amount of differences how a class is constructed in for example the typical Wizard/Mage/FM and the Gunner.

A Wizard can go for a dark and light/heaven and hell approach like the Occultist in Revelation Online, or a fire and ice approach like the Force Master, or a Wizard using swords as the Swordmage in Revelation Online, or having complete control of all elements and use spirits like the Spiritmaster or follow the "Star of Magic" as the Sorcerer in Aion. 

Meanwhile, a Gunner can... use guns? Maybe a big ass gun as in Tera, or just two small guns? What can they shoot other than bullets?  

Still, I understand that the Gunner can be enjoyable. As I previously mentioned, Tera got that right.

I remember how hyped I was when Gunner came out in TERA, but then I reach max lvl and got bored very easily.

Not very hyped about the idea of a gunner, but I'm hyped about how the gameplay will be. I really love BnS combat, so I'm hoping this class wont be boring like in TERA.

22 minutes ago, Erovianni said:

Gunners were deeply planted in bns lore it's a surprise it took so long for them to add the class.

Idk why it took so long. They originally had the files for the class in the game from CBT, but they decided against releasing it. I honestly think they scrapped it until players kept expressing their interest in the gunner class. It makes sense in the lore, but they were holding out quite a long time. Heck we got BD, WL, and SF before a gunner class.

36 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

Idk why it took so long. They originally had the files for the class in the game from CBT, but they decided against releasing it. I honestly think they scrapped it until players kept expressing their interest in the gunner class. It makes sense in the lore, but they were holding out quite a long time. Heck we got BD, WL, and SF before a gunner class.

You are correct as Gunner was originally going to be one of the original classes for the game but due to the game being so badly weak during Beta they just scrapped it and decided to come back to Gunner later once they figure out how to make it work.

It was literally the most obvious weakest and pathetic class during Beta at the time the developers knew they Fed it up so bad they had to rework Gunner from the ground up. Sadly for some reason after scrapping it they kept holding off the redevelopment of the Gunner class until now. I can only guess it was either issues trying to revamp the entire Gunner class or just they spent too long holding it for development due to other content priorities.

Well, it isn't surprising in the least. I didn't like how the comments from official channels kept deflecting away the hints at gunner and tried to get our hopes up about some other possible class. A whip user would've been cool... :x

41 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

I'm thinking of it this way now:

We now have a class for all 8 masters. After this, they will have no choice but to make something completely new.
Fan class (please!), whip class, bo staff class, etc.

NCSoft loves re-use already existing resources. Look at BD, WL and SF. They all reuse the existing weapons - sword, dagger and gauntlet. They have not yet re-use staff, bangle and axe.

So I'm not surprised if next year, they introduce a staff-user, a bangle user or an axe-user class. It is up to their creativity to make them work. For staff, it can be monk-like, or another magic caster. For bangle, may be dual bangles that use their cloth as whip in melee range. For axe-wielder, maybe dual axe. Or they can just slap a sword and a gun into a new class. To name a few.

Archived