Rotation for high ping condition ?

JoannaRamira

As in title.

Is there anything i could do with attack rotation when High ping strikes ?  My "usual" rotation is like typical earth build destroyer.  But when Ping increase to 300-400. Ani cancel is almost impractical and so sluggish to the point of oblivion.

I consider re-using shadow build.. Problem is i have no asura ember so i can;t take any advantage of HMGaleforce.  Most of the time i might end up running out of focus..

The main point however is how to keep DPS at high ping.

any advice is welcome.

On 19/11/2016 at 4:07 AM, JoannaRamira said:

As in title.

Is there anything i could do with attack rotation when High ping strikes ?  My "usual" rotation is like typical earth build destroyer.  But when Ping increase to 300-400. Ani cancel is almost impractical and so sluggish to the point of oblivion.

I consider re-using shadow build.. Problem is i have no asura ember so i can;t take any advantage of HMGaleforce.  Most of the time i might end up running out of focus..

The main point however is how to keep DPS at high ping.

any advice is welcome.

Well, ping is a big problem. If you live outside of EU or NA, you will be certainly facing it often.

As a Destroyer, i tried both builds, Earth and Shadow.

For me, Earth is like a big gambling, where i can, sometimes, hit good dps with a right ani-cancel. But its a highly ping/fps dependant build.

In some weeks ago, i started trying more of the Shadow build and i liked it. Its much more stable, gives us more mobility, aoe damage...

I think its the best way for people with lower ping. But as you said, highly dependant from Chilling flame elixir. If you dont have HM technique, you will almost ever have a lack of focus. Anyways, there are some optional ways to help you with the build. They are not so efficient alone, but may helps you.

I'll talk about my dark build and some items that helps me:

RMB - Eradicate stage 4 tier 5: Its the only path we have now (they are designing a new path for next content in asian server). Tier 5 is important because we have a galeforce that, when crit, recovers 120 focus in 4 seconds. It makes the build viable. Although, you need a good crit rate (55% + at least). The damage and heal from Tier 5 are also very useful. Tier 4 is a shit, doesnt ever worth getting, better save 1 point and staying tier 3.

LMB - Judgement stage 2 tier 5: HM stage 2 Judgement gives more damage and more focus recovery with critical. But if you have a low critical rate, you should consider stage 1 tier 4. Stage 1 tier 5 is good against blockers but not on pve. In dark build, its almost a forgotten skill. Only used when you're out of every focus/spells.

LMB - Wrath stage 2 tier 3: Dark Wrath. The difference between this and earth is the focus recovery and the fact that you cant Wrath after power slam. Although, you can use after will power. The damage is higher too and can be mixed with galeforce in soulburn.

F - Knee stage 3 tier 2:  You may think i'm crazy and i certainly am, but with low ping, it'll happens too often of you pressing F for galeforce and accidentaly waste dps time with a knee. This stage is only usable when the enemy is blocking, and in pve, you almost never face a boss with blocks. So you basicly waste 2 points to clear the F path. it helps to grab too, since sometimes with low ping, you need to spam F to guarantee a grab.

3 - Emberstomp stage 1 tier 5: Lets be honest, stage 3 doesnt have anything good for dark build. Stage 2 is nice for defensive stats and pvp, but stage 1 is really better with dark build. It gives you 10 focus for enemy hit is you are inside it. So if you have problems with focus, i highly consider this. The damage from this stage is also good (actually better if you dont consider grab/kd).

X - Execute stage 3 tier 4: I dont really know how efficient this is. I cant say its better then Smash (i love Smash), but its really cool to spin 4 times to have a high area damage. If you are having problems with focus, you could consider stage 2 tier 3 smash. it gives you 100 focus recovery within 5 seconds.

Q - Typhoon stage 1 tier 2: Even i'm prefering stage 2 tier 3, with dark build, will power seems is quite honest. Helping with lacking of focus, enabling Wrath and Execute 4 hits.

I dont have to say that Fury is totally necessary, right?

Flawless Sparkling Hexagonal Aquamarine: This is an awesome item. You need it. Use trove and get it. No metter the cost. Focus recovery and 6 ap. All you need for dark build.

Primal force Soul Badge: Its another good tool if you are using tier 2 smash. You get focus recovery and still get willpower. Usually, 2 seconds grab is better. but with lack of focus, willpower is awesome.

Just remember to manage well your will power and wrath.

Thanks.

Regarding Fury. Well im kinda doubt of using it. Not because it's effect but more like  I often found myself in party lacking cooperation (be it premade or LFP).  and eventually have to save myself. and the high ping means...i might not be able to outdps enemy before it kills me (say soloing Lycan maybe in 4 man) Or even properly trigger SS and C. I always set to Persistance for that purpose. 

I have this problem too.

Actually, most of the times, using persistence will not be enough to save you.

As any melee class in BNS, you have to know the attack patterns of the bosses to avoid them.

If you try 4man dungeons and dont understand the area damage, do it 6man and try to observe well what they do.

Its much easier to stay alive if you keep "dancing" around him with Hurricane (just a spin to one side is enough).

Fury is a main choice for pve, and an even more importante choice once you dont have HM galeforce.

The only ways you have to maintain a good sustain of focus are emberstomp (HM stage 1), smash (stage 2 tier 3) and Fury.

Emberstomp and smash arent really that good, so they just do "half of the job", so you need fury to help you out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2016 at 11:26 AM, Rashgarroth said:

I have this problem too.

Actually, most of the times, using persistence will not be enough to save you.

As any melee class in BNS, you have to know the attack patterns of the bosses to avoid them.

If you try 4man dungeons and dont understand the area damage, do it 6man and try to observe well what they do.

Its much easier to stay alive if you keep "dancing" around him with Hurricane (just a spin to one side is enough).

Fury is a main choice for pve, and an even more importante choice once you dont have HM galeforce.

The only ways you have to maintain a good sustain of focus are emberstomp (HM stage 1), smash (stage 2 tier 3) and Fury.

Emberstomp and smash arent really that good, so they just do "half of the job", so you need fury to help you out.

Well i know pretty much attack pattern of most boss (except Foundry). Thing is  i often got bit of FPS loss and "micro freeze" so boss still hit me. So many times and skill delay.  So yeah i set to persistence and my Q to Iframe.  Oh and of course when it decided to lag out. and i set Emberstomp to stage 2 (the one with CC immunity) also because above mentioned reason.  So when micro freeze strike or when it will strike im already have persistance Or emberstomp on place.

Only in very rare time.. my BnS cooperate and i can dodge perfectly.

Archived