For all you people that rush weapon first and ignore the other equips

BlinkMoth

44 minutes ago, Shukran said:

well.. i understand what you mean. lately understanding if good or bad teammates has become more difficult, the old "500ap newbies" has become  "650ap newbies" and i talk for experience so dont feel offended. i always hope i dont get noobs. i look ap, but i lok also jewels and soulshield. 

they can be noobs. but the high ap and hopefully their mastery in their clas can help in clearing boss faster, skipping its mechanics when needed. rarely i get clueless teammates.

as i stated i always give everyone a chance regarless. just be polite and ask. i wont say no...ofc in the limit of the will to play and your stats.

what s more funny is that lately i started to do certain dungeons in LFG. and it surprised me i met more high end players in LFG than if i created the lobby.

lastly: if u create a lobby and noone join i would start asking myself some questions. but honestly i never have had any problem, also looking at F8 lobbies there is a variety of ap req.

can it be a region problem? im EU

I am in EU too and what Soulshunter is saying is true. I've made several alts and 80-90% of them get kicked when I don't have the ap requirement, even though I have a lot of crit chance and crit damage. Even if I politely ask if I can stay because I'm an alt and know the mechanics, they only see the big number and ignore everything else. Sometimes I don't even have the time to type, because of instakick.

Making your own room with low ap will not help you, because people will not join or it will take ages to finally run a dungeon. I've had an account that was hm 5-6 and 530ish ap and decided to make a room for a nexus run. Some HM 11 joined and instantly left. Afterwards he made his own room with 600+ ap. His room was instantly full. Some of the 600 ap guys only had around 2-3k crit. I myself had 4k crit and 5 asura ss with 3 be ido. The others had things like naskun ss 1, be ido ss 4, scorpio ss 2 etc.

And by the way.. YOU might be a nice guy that let lower ap people into your party. But not everyone is like you. A LOT of people are not like you. The community has allready made AP the most important requirement in the game and there is not really a solution to change that. It is what it is. 

My alt uses ebondrake ss with asura and a bit of twisted to get as much ap as possible. It would be better If I used 5 ebondrake ss, but with the asura ss I get kicked less. 

1 hour ago, Shukran said:

well, honestly, i am disappointed when i write (example) "600+" and a 590 joins.

1- u dont care what i wrote

2- u cant read

about 1: if u dont care about my rules, how can i expect a nice teammate? u already  didnt care about first rule, what if i ask for something. at least ASK if it is ok for me to run with you with LESS ap than I required.

is 10ap less sooo bad? no. but i put a requirement. why being unpolite something that should favor you?

when i write 700+, it happens some 620ish player join and ask if they can stay. 99% times i keep them. 70% times they die to a couple of bosses regardless the high end dungeon

about 2: 50% u are leecher, 50% point 1. hence 50% i kick u instantly.

Thing is, the party was recruiting, I got moved instantly to the dungeon. I did not que in lobby, therefore I was not told nor expected of any requirements. Its people like you who indirectly encourage us newer players to rush to upgrade AP items, then you end up complaining about how we suck with no crit and no good dps. Get it together mate, maxed players should be looking at Crit and Dps, not the big ass ap number on your profile.

46 minutes ago, RiverBlade said:

Thing is, the party was recruiting, I got moved instantly to the dungeon. I did not que in lobby, therefore I was not told nor expected of any requirements. Its people like you who indirectly encourage us newer players to rush to upgrade AP items, then you end up complaining about how we suck with no crit and no good dps. Get it together mate, maxed players should be looking at Crit and Dps, not the big ass ap number on your profile.

well, if u read carefully what i do u would not point at me.

nor i am encouraging anything,.

features are there to be used. i dont wat to list again so u can point some sentence out of contest and base all your discussion on that.

1 hour ago, Natello said:

The community has allready made AP the most important requirement in the game and there is not really a solution to change that. It is what it is.

Actualy, there is.

Implementing an overall gear quality score would solve this.

Got 700AP and 1k crit? your score is X. Got 650AP but 4k crit? your score is 2X.

But then it's the dev's decision to make any improvement.

Also, whenever I see a 650+ requirement I always think one of this:

a) they are hoping a 750AP join, so when someone lower than 650 join it's a real disappointment,

b) they want someone to carry (there are often lower dps players in the party already and the leader just want an extra strong dps to balance things)

32 minutes ago, lostforumaccount said:

Actualy, there is.

Implementing an overall gear quality score would solve this.

Got 700AP and 1k crit? your score is X. Got 650AP but 4k crit? your score is 2X.

But then it's the dev's decision to make any improvement.

Also, whenever I see a 650+ requirement I always think one of this:

a) they are hoping a 750AP join, so when someone lower than 650 join it's a real disappointment,

b) they want someone to carry (there are often lower dps players in the party already and the leader just want an extra strong dps to balance things)

You make a good point, but the thing is.. something like that does not exists yet so untill such an update gets implemented, people just have to stack AP to get a decent party. It's not effective but very understandable from their point of view.

A lot of people in this thread are just talking without knowing a thing about what they're talking about.  If you do actual testing you will see that upgrading your weapon is the best thing you can do.  The accessories that drop in dungeons are extremely good for zero cost. 

Examples for my destroyer on a dummy:

Stage 4 legendary, max accessories, no soul shield.

696 ap, 36.24% crit rate, 205.89% crit damage

17k average dps over 2 minutes.

Ice axe, max accessories, 5/3 asura tomb.

503 ap, 57.36% crit rate, 219.89% crit damage

13.5k dps over 2 minutes.

Stage 4 legendary, random crit damage accessories, 5/3 asura/tomb.

619 ap, 53.90% crit rate, 222.97% crit damage

17.5k dps over 2 minutes.

Stage 4 legendary, random crit rate accessories, 5/3 asura/tomb.

640 ap, 61.56% crit rate, 183.80% crit damage.

16k dps over 2 minutes

Stage 4 legendary, max accessories, 5/3 asura/tomb.

701 ap, 57.86% crit rate, 219.89% crit damage

20k dps over 2 minutes.

Stage 4 legendary, max accessories with asura bracelet, 5/3 asura/tomb.

682 ap, 53.24% crit rate, 235.54% crit damage

21k dps over 2 minutes.

Stage 4 legenday, max ring/earring with asura bracelet and threat/488 crit damage tomb necklace, 5/3 asura/tomb.

662 ap, 53.24% crit chance, 239.15% crit damage

20k dps over 2 minutes.

Stage 4 legendary, max accessories with asura bracelet, 5/3 asura/tomb.  (took out ap gems and took off soul to lower ap.)

625 ap, 53.24% crit chance, 235.54% crit rate.

18k dps over 2 minutes.

TLDR: AP/crit or AP/crit damage are the biggest factors in your dps.  Other than rotation.  Classes with crit dependant skills like warlock and sin ap/crit rate are the biggest factors, while classes like destroyer and kfm ap/crit damage effects your dps more.  Weapon is the single best upgrade you can do while using dungeon dropped accessories until you're weapon is true scorpio or legendary.

Again I had someone with all oathbreaker accessories. . .701 AP but was the lowest damage dealer.  in the 4 man, we had a destoryer witha bout 600 all max non legendary eq, a FM with 620 AP all max non legendary eq, and me 670 all max non legendary eq. 

Second off there should be no reason why I had almost50% of the bosses damage. . .

8 minutes ago, BlinkMoth said:

Again I had someone with all oathbreaker accessories. . .701 AP but was the lowest damage dealer.  in the 4 man, we had a destoryer witha bout 600 all max non legendary eq, a FM with 620 AP all max non legendary eq, and me 670 all max non legendary eq. 

Second off there should be no reason why I had almost50% of the bosses damage. . .

classes?

It is a bit frustrating espec for new folk, and for leveling alts because as soon as you hit 50 you gotta start thinking about raising your AP so you don't get kicked out of dungeons, and you can't always do that right away. But even getting just enough mats for a bracelet or earring and then upgrading that, helped me a ton.  Then mostly I just focused on weapon, which took care of the rest, till I could go back to accessories again. Basically some of my clan members said, do accessories first, less expensive, but I like to prioritize my weapon, so then I can get that out of the way x)

6 hours ago, BlinkMoth said:

High ping = lower DPS.

On 11/19/2016 at 3:44 PM, Natello said:

I am in EU too and what Soulshunter is saying is true. I've made several alts and 80-90% of them get kicked when I don't have the ap requirement, even though I have a lot of crit chance and crit damage. Even if I politely ask if I can stay because I'm an alt and know the mechanics, they only see the big number and ignore everything else. Sometimes I don't even have the time to type, because of instakick.

I hate to say this because I really really really want to agree with you, but... each and every time I let a lower ap who "knows mechs" inside a pt, they died fast and/or made mistakes that were costly for the rest of the pt. Heck, every time I joined Lair4 parties with 500ap, all the time they wiped at the first of the last two bosses. Granted, it could be coincidences since my sample size is quite small, but so far for me, trusting lower ap's became bns'equivalent of "No good deed goes unpunished" T.T

We can say that accs up from siren level are enough to start higher dungeons. Sure it wont break any damage records but you can reach 190% crit damage this way and 50%+ crit rate is also easily obtainable with oathbreaker bracelet and yeti ss without fuse. Even the northern crit ss should be enough to reach 50%. I see so many people with ok ap but bad ss but I dont know why. Seeing 700+ people with 4k crit or even less make me wonder if they even think about what they are doing. Of course you dont need 8k crit but come on. If you have money for 700+ ap you will have some money for green crit primers.

But not only stats matters for damage as you all know. Saw on weekend a fm with ~ 820 ap (so whale at its finest) using auto-detonate and no intention to use any burn skills but playing burn build. If I could I would instant perma ban such people because of being stupid.

Archived