Forums

For all you people that rush weapon first and ignore the other equips

BlinkMoth

Please don't join high level dungeons like citadel or tomb. . . .I had this moron with Siren/oathbreaker items and only upgraded his weapon.  He had 650 AP but barely did any damage to the bosses.  I even compared. . . .I think his crit was alittle under 4k . . .crit damage piecing was very low. . .I had double what he had and I am max out with no legendary equipment.  He even blamed us for being "noob".  Once left and we got a BM with 600 AP but his overall stats was better, we killed it with 2 minutes to spare. . . .So please. . .upgrade everything and not just the weapon.

I highly agree with this. It is not the AP that gives the damage. I have noticed that even 100 AP makes nearly no difference at all compared to other stats so it's best to upgrade equally or even focus on accessories more to get the critical and critical damage higher.

Thing is, Ive upgraded my other equipment a lot, around  enough to compare to someone with maxed equips at 650 ap, but I didn't prioritize my weapon as much, so my ap is shit and sits around 500. When people like me try to join big ass dungeons, maxed players generally look at your ap. If your ap is lower than what they want, it's an instant kick. What i'm trying to say is, players simply upgrade the items that give them the most ap simply because they want to experience and grind the higher level dungeons. If maxed players keep kicking players with low ap but high crit and the others, it somewhat encourages us to simply grind money and mats for our weapon to raise only our ap.

Old theme, AP is just one stat which on it self means nothing. Crit+crit damage does way more. Sadly AP is big bold number, and everyone wants that, and doesnt really care about performance. Most pitiful are those, using 3pieces asura 5 pieces citadel, having 4k crits but having 6 more AAAAAAPPPPPPPPP.

you-players, made this cancer, now deal with it. ap stat is easily abusable, even 750+ wont help you with no crit/critdmg/accuracy and piercing.

But on the other hand its very nice seeing your hm8 outdpsing hm11 in 4mans, when they didnt check your ap before

12 minutes ago, Ulrezaj said:

you-players, made this cancer, now deal with it. ap stat is easily abusable, even 750+ wont help you with no crit/critdmg/accuracy and piercing.

But on the other hand its very nice seeing your hm8 outdpsing hm11 in 4mans, when they didnt check your ap before

ping > skill > balanced stats > ap

but sheeps see big bold number, lets require it

Thankfully, I didn't do this. I took my time and upgraded most of my gear together, granted my weapon is 1-2 stages higher than the other gear I have, BUT, I have good stats. 

That being said, the community made this happen, but all LFP's saying "xxx+ ap" , and kicking the moment they don't see that number. I've seen people get kicked for 1-10 ap less than the xxx they posted for. This is a self caused problem by the community itself, so we only have ourselves to blame. 

Honestly, rushing weapon and ring is the best way to upgrade.  Bracelet, earring, and necklace from dungeons are so good that it's the most cost effective way to get more dps.  python/breeze/asura/tomb with crit rate, ap, crit damage are very very good and give you more crit rate than you'd having upgrading the hongmoon things with similar crit damage and ap.

Most of my alt characters start out geared like this, and you won't find me pulling under 15k on just about any class with these stats.  Doing proper rotations with dungeon dropped accessories you can easily complete every dungeon in the game if you know how to play the class and do the mechanics.  http://bnscoffee.com/character/NA/sofaking%20tall

14 hours ago, babeln said:

Old theme, AP is just one stat which on it self means nothing. Crit+crit damage does way more. Sadly AP is big bold number, and everyone wants that, and doesnt really care about performance. Most pitiful are those, using 3pieces asura 5 pieces citadel, having 4k crits but having 6 more AAAAAAPPPPPPPPP.

I'm one of them, for one reason.

My AP that way is 653, while it's 648 the other way.

YES, I know that I lose 3k dps with that.

YES, I know that I am wrong, and

NO I will not change It because I can't get into any decent tomb/citadel party because 648 =/= 650+ so I get kicked.

When I upgrade 1 more accessory, I'll take tomb ss set and proceed the usual way. So don't blame people that use that, blame AP elitists that don't see any other stat.

image.png

AP mentality needs to die, period. It's both incredibly discouraging to newcomers and promotes bad habits like these.

8 hours ago, Ulrezaj said:

Pretty much this. Majority of the "problems" in this game are just community created.

I think that your accessories should be one or two stages behind your weapon, so that your stat will be more balanced as you tackle contents. Not including belt, of course.

For example, if you're at True Scorpio, then your accessories should be at least True Oath. If you're at True Breeze, then your accessories should be at Awk.Oath.

Also, if you're going to stick with a set of soul shield for a while, don't be a cheapstake and just get some critical green primers, either craft them yourselves or buy from marketplaces.

When I recruit for 600+ and someone comes with 550 the first thing I look for is if they have proper soul shield set. If not then I kick and tell them "It's not your ap that I'm worried about, the problem is your stats". If they do have a good soul shield set and good crit then I let them in.

I swear Im so fricking mad... I was doing a dung today, and I got moved cuz the party was recruiting. I had 10 ap less than their requirements and they started ragging me... wtf.... after the dung finished they apologized and said I had a long way to go but I did some pretty good dps... ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Don't *cricket*ing rag me if I have 10 less ap...

22 minutes ago, RiverBlade said:

I swear Im so fricking mad... I was doing a dung today, and I got moved cuz the party was recruiting. I had 10 ap less than their requirements and they started ragging me... wtf.... after the dung finished they apologized and said I had a long way to go but I did some pretty good dps... ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Don't *cricket*ing rag me if I have 10 less ap...

well, honestly, i am disappointed when i write (example) "600+" and a 590 joins.

1- u dont care what i wrote

2- u cant read

about 1: if u dont care about my rules, how can i expect a nice teammate? u already  didnt care about first rule, what if i ask for something. at least ASK if it is ok for me to run with you with LESS ap than I required.

is 10ap less sooo bad? no. but i put a requirement. why being unpolite something that should favor you?

when i write 700+, it happens some 620ish player join and ask if they can stay. 99% times i keep them. 70% times they die to a couple of bosses regardless the high end dungeon

about 2: 50% u are leecher, 50% point 1. hence 50% i kick u instantly.

20 hours ago, babeln said:

ping > skill > balanced stats > ap

This is very true, as someone with 200 ping on a very good day, I can barely out damage a mid 500s AP DPS class like a FM or a WL when I was 630ish or so. I have a friend who plays a Sin at 610 AP and I very, VERY rarely rip aggro from him, despite having nearly 680 AP, with 60% crit and 210+ish crit damage with all my HM skills unlocked and playing on full dark. 

However, there is one thing that I beg to disagree with. Knowledge>ping>skill> stats>AP, though this is only true on high level dungeons.  Also for the 650 AP thing... the issue is not just with the people who make parties, I am usually the person that calls parties when I play with my guild. It takes so damn long to recruit a Desolate or a Citadel party if you even dare to put 600 AP on it. Better yet, these parties always fail, like 80% of the time, it will fail. I've noticed that some people, while being below 650 (saw some 610s and 620s), they will join 650+ parties, which I don't mind as long as they are experienced and stuff. 

25 minutes ago, Shukran said:

well, honestly, i am disappointed when i write (example) "600+" and a 590 joins.

1- u dont care what i wrote

2- u cant read

about 1: if u dont care about my rules, how can i expect a nice teammate? u already  didnt care about first rule, what if i ask for something. at least ASK if it is ok for me to run with you with LESS ap than I required.

is 10ap less sooo bad? no. but i put a requirement. why being unpolite something that should favor you?

when i write 700+, it happens some 620ish player join and ask if they can stay. 99% times i keep them. 70% times they die to a couple of bosses regardless the high end dungeon

about 2: 50% u are leecher, 50% point 1. hence 50% i kick u instantly.

Ok we get it. Don't worry we will continue to rush AP as much as we can even if we have to continue sacrificing other gears. Thank you for reburning my determination even though I was a bit swayed by the op at first :P

10 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Ok we get it. Don't worry we will continue to rush AP as much as we can even if we have to continue sacrificing other gears. Thank you for reburning my determination even though I was a bit swayed by the op at first :P

well that is the attidute of a child who dont get his cooky. explain where my post is flawed and why instead of whining. so maybe my opinion can be discussed. otherwise, rush, at least u will get the minimu requirement to join high end parties. hoping you learn fast mechanics

6 minutes ago, Shukran said:

well that is the attidute of a child who dont get his cooky. explain where my post is flawed and why instead of whining. so maybe my opinion can be discussed. otherwise, rush, at least u will get the minimu requirement to join high end parties. hoping you learn fast mechanics

calm down dude, I didn't say your post is flawed. I said it makes sense and I have decided to rush my AP. You got a problem with that?

12 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

calm down dude, I didn't say your post is flawed. I said it makes sense and I have decided to rush my AP. You got a problem with that?

im not angry nor offensive not anything. i like discussion as long as they are constructive. and telling that way was like "ok w.e."

edit: i would like a discussion about "why players cannot create their own lobby when rejected" but i believe i am asking too much

25 minutes ago, Shukran said:

im not angry nor offensive not anything. i like discussion as long as they are constructive. and telling that way was like "ok w.e."

edit: i would like a discussion about "why players cannot create their own lobby when rejected" but i believe i am asking too much

Ok lets try to discuss constructively. I apologise for my previous outburst.

You said you ask for 600+, a 590 joins and you are not happy because they don't read. So you assume they will be a bad teammate in dungeons. But even if a 600+ joins, you still would not know if he will be good or bad. So from what I can understand it seems like you are just biased against low AP. In anycase I have decided that it is definitely the right choice to rush AP, it is like a university degree. It does not matter if you are truely right for the job or not but you need it to first to have a good impression so that others will give you a chance to try.

It is the same for creating my own lobby, nobody joins, nobody wants to give it a chance. What do you want me to do? People rather join other party stating for speedruns. Nobody wants to play the game, they only want to farm the game.

8 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Ok lets try to discuss constructively. I apologise for my previous outburst.

You said you ask for 600+, a 590 joins and you are not happy because they don't read. So you assume they will be a bad teammate in dungeons. But even if a 600+ joins, you still would not know if he will be good or bad. So from what I can understand it seems like you are just biased against low AP. In anycase I have decided that it is definitely the right choice to rush AP, it is like a university degree. It does not matter if you are truely right for the job or not but you need it to first to have a good impression so that others will give you a chance to try.

It is the same for creating my own lobby, nobody joins, nobody wants to give it a chance. What do you want me to do? People rather join other party stating for speedruns. Nobody wants to play the game, they only want to farm the game.

well.. i understand what you mean. lately understanding if good or bad teammates has become more difficult, the old "500ap newbies" has become  "650ap newbies" and i talk for experience so dont feel offended. i always hope i dont get noobs. i look ap, but i lok also jewels and soulshield. 

they can be noobs. but the high ap and hopefully their mastery in their clas can help in clearing boss faster, skipping its mechanics when needed. rarely i get clueless teammates.

as i stated i always give everyone a chance regarless. just be polite and ask. i wont say no...ofc in the limit of the will to play and your stats.

what s more funny is that lately i started to do certain dungeons in LFG. and it surprised me i met more high end players in LFG than if i created the lobby.

lastly: if u create a lobby and noone join i would start asking myself some questions. but honestly i never have had any problem, also looking at F8 lobbies there is a variety of ap req.

can it be a region problem? im EU

Archived