Forums

How To get Rid of Bots!!!!!

QueenBear

How To get Rid of Bots!!!!!

Everyone hates bots, how to get rid of them while remaining F2P?

Every account should have three restrictions:

1. Can not sell items on Marketplace (u can buy items, but can't sell)

2. Can not mail items or gold to other accounts, can not use player to player trading

3. Can not use currency exchange

How do u get these restrictions lifted?

You must buy an outfit in the cashshop (by charging NCoin), afterwards all three restrictions will be lifted.

Conclusion:

The game will remain F2P while some features of the game such as selling on Marketplace will be disabled until u buy an outfit in cashshop. The game is still F2P and perfectly playable even until endgame. Remember you still can buy items on marketplace, so upgrading even to legendary is perfectly playable.

PS: I know some of you will say.. the bot people are willing to pay ncoin to buy that outfit in order to unlock the features. This can be solved by actively banning bots, so there is a risk of losing that money. Also u can increase the requirement, such as every account to need to use NCoin to buy 1 outfit and 1 weap skin in order to unlock the features.

6 minutes ago, thewhoracle said:

Without my use of an auction house.......  I'll NEVER be able to afford any of these EXPENSIVE weapon upgrades.....  I can understand needing items to upgrade weapons, but to add on like more gold than you recieve from lvl 1-49 in upgrade costs.  Upgrades are a huge part of progress, and without having a sugar daddy, or more rewards for doing quests its absurd to think anyone can afford these costs without an auction house.

I don't agree. Most casual players get their entire gold from doing raids. and then u can use these gold to buy upgrade items required off market.

If ur hardcore player and want best of best, ofcourse u have to pay for an outfit

Without my use of an auction house.......  I'll NEVER be able to afford any of these EXPENSIVE weapon upgrades.....  I can understand needing items to upgrade weapons, but to add on like more gold than you recieve from lvl 1-49 in upgrade costs.  Upgrades are a huge part of progress, and without having a sugar daddy, or more rewards for doing quests its absurd to think anyone can afford these costs without an auction house.

13 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Sounds like a very good idea, if you are trying to get rid of F2P players :P

Getting rid of bots, you said it yourself it can only be solved by actively banning them.

I disagree. This is completely F2P. If you only ban bots, people can just create more bots. You can never finish banning them. The solution is to make the bots they created useless by disabling selling on marketplace.

These are all the worst ideas I've ever heard. By hiding basic necessary features behind paywalls you're just making it pay to play. These "solutions" do nothing but punish players for trying to just play the game. Buying but not being able to sell is only going to destroy the in game economy. It's a small obstacle for bots and a massive deterrent for genuine players.

There was another f2p game that restricted the auction house to only be able to buy stuff off it as a free player, it was RIFT and it's basically a dead game. Its economy was always terribly limited and overpriced. Sure there were no bots, but that was mainly because the population was so bad, it wasn't profitable to even bother to put bots in it. It was a massive inconvenience and turn off for new players that they were supposed to earn pitiful amounts of money from quests, buy a RIFT exchange token to get credits (for 2000 gold which was also the limit on game currency a free account could have total and some servers charged more for the exchange token) and somehow be able to afford inventory/bank space plus a mount plus anything else needed to progress.

My account is already bugged so I can't use mail to send anything to anyone aside from my alts and have to physically find and trade with a player even when they're a new player that needs help affording the items for the windwalking quests. It's stupid and annoying to make everyone put up with it intentionally.

The whole point of the currency exchange is to allow free players to gain store credits so they can avoid spending real money and real money spenders can avoid shady sites and just buy gold in game. Restricting this in a game with enough difficulty earning gold as it is would kill the game for me and restricting both it AND the auction house, would probably kill the game for a lot of people.

5 hours ago, QueenBear said:

You must buy an outfit in the cashshop (by charging NCoin), afterwards all three restrictions will be lifted.

Then comes around the bots who uses premiums. Just saying this is the worst possible idea for a f2p game because this is even bigger paywall to some people. Marketplace is essential to every game and if you restrict with such things you will not get rid of the bots at all. You might get rid of some of hacking but the gold sellers will still be there as they can use the chat. If any f2p saw these restrictions you suggested they would run away from the game as they are totally biased for a f2p game.

• NCSOFT

Paywalls (or restricting features behind a paywall) absolutely do not deter botting/RMT from MMORPGs. There are enough live examples of Subscriptions based games which also have RMT problems (and having supervised a team of Game Masters on large scale subscription only MMOs, I can assure you that we had the very same issues we encounter with Free to Play titles today).

I don't mean to be blunt but if -anyone- had a viable and cost effective solution to prevent botting/RMT, they wouldn't be standing on that side of the forums but instead be hired as a security engineer by any company out there. RMT issues have been going on for as long as MMO have existed and they are not easily dealt with.

We understand that bots and RMTs are an issue and this topic is discussed every week in our internal meetings. This is a on-going battle involving various teams and we have been making constant progress since Blade & Soul launched. The demand for illegal gold being strong doesn't play in our favor however and as KzE says if there would be one magical solution to completely stop RMT it would be not to have demand for it anymore.

The demand creates the supply, it's not the other way around. RMT only exist because it is profitable business, not because someone decided to be nice and help you progress in your MMORPG progression journey. And fighting an illegal activity that generates billions a year is not an easy task that gets solved by implementing couple of simple measures.

Archived