Server Freeze and DC

babeln

All this money they get from monthly subs, micro-transactions from all their fashion, items, etc, and NCSoft, you mean to tell us you can't afford a proper DDoS protection or Hot Swap servers to keep the servers running smoothly? LOL what do we pay you for then?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@PsychoTazevery company has their own measures for ddos attacks, but even with them in place hackers can get around it. Even the 2 gaming console giant microsoft and sony has been taken out by a ddos attack over the years, security is far behind hacking just about microsoft is about to roll out a security update for windows 10, hackers will already have found their way around it, dont believe it? learn the basics of how to ddos with your personal computer and how to find ip adresses and try to take ncsoft offline, youre not going to be able to

6 minutes ago, 892228_1452550581 said:

@PsychoTazevery company has their own measures for ddos attacks, but even with them in place hackers can get around it. Even the 2 gaming console giant microsoft and sony has been taken out by a ddos attack over the years, security is far behind hacking just about microsoft is about to roll out a security update for windows 10, hackers will already have found their way around it

Very true, but the reality behind these attacks, being my career field is in cyber security information assurance on a government level, can tell you that a lot of these companies build security patch's but don't actually invest in anything but basic DDoS protection. DDoS protection is billed / built on the basis of how much traffic can you handle simultaneous before your servers freeze up. Some Corporations, at least the ones I have seen in big government, can handle hundred of gigs of traffic or more before going down. I'm hoping to graduate into a career in the NSA, so something like this is a big part of my study, sadly just not on a public level.

2 minutes ago, 892228_1452550581 said:

PsychoTaz you can say you're studying in that field but like on the internet, everyone makes up stories so for me at least i don't believe it. no offense, just being real here...

Understood, but I have no reason to deceive anyone, after all I don't know anyone here and telling anyone what I study doesn't do me any good other then showing the knowledge we learn in our studies. If people have to make up stories about whether they are in school and for what, then they are sad sad souls. Yet like you said it is the internet and some people like the attention I guess, usually identitied by those that have 900+ posts however :)

My next class is in January, I guess I could always post my transcripts here once class starts up again?

4 minutes ago, Leodore said:

considering it's a fairly common field and nothing particular spectacular, I see no reason to not believe, believe,  or even care lol

It's not like he said he was an astronaut, he's in college learning something basic, no big deal there lol

Basic would be IT or IT management, not NSA cyber defense focused information assurance, huge difference, and definitely not a common course you find in any college.  Let alone as cheap. Either way, whether you do or don't believe, means nothing to me, after all was just sharing knowledge. But to each their own, have a great time in the game :)

Yes, but these servers had just had weekly maintenance why all the DC's and server crashes now?

I love this game and have stuck with it with 3 accounts and 26 characters. Why are we feeling all of this now? I hope NCSOFT does something to correct this issue.

Soha Server is DOWN.

11 minutes ago, 892228_1452550581 said:

PsychoTaz you can say you're studying in that field but like on the internet, everyone makes up stories so for me at least i don't believe it. no offense, just being real here...

considering it's a fairly common field and nothing particular spectacular, I see no reason to not believe, believe,  or even care lol

It's not like he said he was an astronaut, he's in college learning something basic, no big deal there lol

Just now, Leodore said:

It's also not a course at any college, that is on job training lol, no college course is specific for a job for a specific agency, if that's what you're referring to as in "not believing" then sure i'm in the same boat. However, I think I cared more about your desire to post denying his self-proclamation as opposed to his actual post itself lol, i'm just bored.

These damn server man. >_<

few colleges do have courses that focus on IA/CD NSA based degree's, and they even hire directly from those schools because of it, it's just very few schools have those degree's or opportunities making such schools to pursue a masters or higher very expensive. My school has that degree, and I hate to think what it's going to cost when it's all said and done tbh. But the end result justifies the means. I have no problem with his post, again just sharing info. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'm just bored as well, come home at 8 o clock and my unwind time is constantly down (the game). Just passing time, I don't usually post on forum's but hey there is a first for everything I guess right? The part that sucks is the busier my life gets the less time I have for these games, which just sucks all together.

7 minutes ago, PsychoTaz said:

Basic would be IT or IT management, not NSA cyber defense focused information assurance, huge difference, and definitely not a common course you find in any college. 

It's also not a course at any college, that is on job training lol, no college course is specific for a job for a specific agency, if that's what you're referring to as in "not believing" then sure i'm in the same boat. However, I think I cared more about your desire to post denying his self-proclamation as opposed to his actual post itself lol, i'm just bored.

These damn server man. >_<

1 hour ago, Brunark said:

Not their fault here, it's a massive DDOS attack hitting multiple games from what I hear, Guild Wars 2, TERA, L2, Aion, and probably more.

Hitting the US affecting more than just B&S: http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=US&list=0&time=16683&view=map

Pretty much this. Blaming NCSoft isn't going to make things better, nor is demanding compensation for something that isn't even their fault.

Archived