Server Freeze and DC

babeln

Level 3 has always been freaking terrible at maintaining their backbone infrastructure. Seriously don't understand how they're still running. Based on the screen someone took earlier, it looks as though the game server is hitting that backbone directly.

It's important to note that the server had instability issues as long as 4 hours before the servers were even taken down for maintenance. This is highly indicative of a routing issue and not something done by an update itself.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gaiachaos said:

DDoS attack, I'm pretty sure. Considering NCSoft's incompetence, I'm not surprised.

Not necessarily a DDoS, if it's an issue with the infrastructure (run by Level 3 and other 3rd party network locations) then it affects all traffic for everyone behind it, not just one company.

lmao, DC'd and my route switched to go through level3 again.

DC'd again 2 mins later, route switched back to telia.

I just hope when all this flip-flopping of routing and DCing is over, that i'm on telia because *cricket* level3.

edit: looks like the root cause is a big DDOS on one or more of the major internet infrastructure hubs, which has been ongoing for some days now.

8 minutes ago, Cheung said:

Still getting disconnects.

It's hard to believe that after many hours, they still couldn't find the source of problem...Because if they're already found out, why don't shut down servers and try to fix it?

the problem is an external one. other games run by other companies have been having the same issues for the past bunch of days

Archived