For those of you planning to quit to RO...

ARC1276

9 hours ago, WickedEuphoria said:

For the record most people have already quit BnS, and it's not all because of RO. Personally I do plan to play RO, but I'm waiting for OBT and more translations. Not sure why everyone says BnS has the best combat, because it doesn't. BnS combat does not even compare to games like Tera and Dragon Nest where you actually have to dodge with with dedicated dodge skills on a really low cd. BnS is like, "oh shit I'm a WL and I used my backstep, I'm fked with no chance of escaping before they KO me", how is that great combat? Also you can't even use your skills freely, every class has set combos or you are litterly just spamming LMB and RMB, still don't see how that's great combat. 

Differences Between BnS and RO:

-BnS combat is outdated

-->RO is not and you have a dedicated dodge skill and can use your skills freely without being bound by stupid set combos

-BnS lacks end game content (after a year they are finally releasing 1 raid), dungeon grinding the same dungeon 100+ times with 0 rewards

-->RO has multiple dungeons with multiple difficulties and the loot scales accordingly, with ample end game raids and content

-BnS lacks other types of events and content using the same Daily Challenge over and over again to host almost every single event

-->RO has World Bosses, Guild Content, Guild Wars, and large scale PVP

-BnS lacks other types of content people like to see in MMOs

-->RO has housing, pets, mounts, wings, marriage system, mini-games, complete costume customization

-BnS loot in game is horrid for end game gearing, you can run CS/Tomb/Citadel 500+ times and still not get L accessories/radiant energy/mysterious crystals and the only other option is to buy them, you litterly cannot farm them in any efficient fashion

-->RO, most gearing and mats for gearing are obtainable and farmable in game, you might have to farm but it's not solely dependent on how much of a whale you are 

-And most of all the classes in BnS are so unbalanced its not even funny

-->RO all classes have something they specialize in so its a team effort

Just my opinion, just have no clue why people boast about BnS having the best combat and graphics because it really doesn't, it came out in 2012 :<

u are listing your opinions, not differences lool.

BnS combat is outdated? what does it mean? it s the most fast paced combat style in ages of combat moorpgs.

aion: target and skill.

gw2: dedicated dodge key. u didnt listed it, but i think u even didnt try GW2 to check if the difference is good or bad.

BnS: u have a TAB, you have skills, you have iframes&simila. the only bad thing is anicancel ping-related

RO: CLOSED BETA. but u put it as the best one.

WOW: N/A

ok.

RNG: KAPPA, BnS has a horrid RNG. everyone know. but that RNG is horrid only for the ones who:

- rush content endgame , and content endgame has the highest RNG due to new stuff released more difficult to obtain. meanwhile if u wait some time u can have things cheaper and easier.

- dont want to spend anything into the game. and for anything i mean GOLD->HMCoins and MONEY-> NCoins.

BnS: 6men and 4 men dungeon. ntoday they release 24men raid. we are months behind KR patch. what are we discussing?

i chose BnS because it has NO HOUSING. i quit aion for that.

NO MARRIAGE, wtf who needs a marriage in a game like BnS?

NO need for wings, we have windstride and map is very good developed

to reiterate last sentence, i hope you are just diamond player and first in your class to state that BnS combat is bad. otherwise i just have to guess.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People will try out different games and they will switch if the other game offers better experience for them. If not they will most likely return or not play at all. People have different tastes so one might like RO, one like LOL and the other BnS. Everyone's free to do what they want to do... as long as it's legal.

14 hours ago, babeln said:

i could chew anything, but this. LOL this made my day

Be prepared for disappointment in other companies then. Even though you might hate NCWest and NCSoft, they're really nice companies.

NCWest cares so much about playerbase, does stream weekly, constantly listens about feedback and improves games.

They even bring exclusive goodies for western release. If you think that publishers are bad, they're not, at least compared to many other publishers, like My.com for example.

14 hours ago, Athena84 said:

First of all you can't judge a game by it's CBT to begin with.  I've played the CBT and this is my opinion so far

Pros:

If you like the MMO trinity and Asian theme this is the game for you.

It's a seamless open world as in no loading screens for changing zones only for dungeons.  I can fly from one end of the map to the next with no loading screens.

You can fly!  Not glide but actually fly!

Classes are more defined to specific tasks and well balanced i.e. Spiritshaper has low dps but incredible healing.

Tons of content.

You are rewarded for playing i.e. login rewards

You can go afk and gain experience the Hot Springs if anyone that has played knows what I'm talking about.

Guilds Guilds Guilds this game is extremely guild orientated build up your guild base.

Character housing coming soon

Relationship and marriage system

Job system

Character customization is more in depth than BnS you can make your own color and has more options

Game is stable had no problems

Server is stable

Lots of outfits plus you can mix outfit pieces create your own per se

Cons:

Its not BnS in terms of combat its just slower

GFX will never be as detailed as BnS within the given future

Game doesn't seem to handle multiple inputs no more than two or three keys pressed it seems

Game grind starts relatively early around level 35 cap is at 79

Experience quest holes while leveling as in you can't do next quest till like level 45 and you just reached level 41

Story quests and quests in general seem to lack in giving xp making leveling kind of boring instead major xp is gained through dungeons and dailies

XP requirements jump high extremely early I'm level 44 and my xp required is over 3 million note each quest gives about 30k max except for dungeons and dailies

Conclusions:

This game is not BnS nor a BnS copycat so stop saying that.  This game reminds me more of Tera and its combat system as well as questing system.  I'm not going to quit BnS because I have put too much work into it and I like the combat.  However, I'm prefer to play more traditional MMOs so RO will eat up a good deal of time away from BnS.  The game is more stable in terms of network connectivity and its engine is optimized to work with pretty much any system out there.  So if you like a good traditional MMO and the Asian theme give it a try when the open beta begins.

Character creation better in RO? What are you smoking? Female characters are so ugly that I created male char for first time in years on CN server. Body proportions are waaaaaaay off (chibi anime creatures got better proportions), as an artist it's disgusting for my eyes. BnS has similar problems SOMETIMES, while it's common in RO.

And overall GFX quality/engine quality sucks compared to BnS (which is 3 years older than RO, let's not forget that).

I would go out on a limb and say that BnS is to Iphone, while RO is to android.

Like android, RO has tons of stuff you can do.  You will not get bored, there's just so many many stuff to do in there.

However you bash it, Iphone may lack in features but it makes up for aesthetics, and consistent user experience.

BnS has refined and smooth combat.  The timing of your counters matter.  It relies heavily on your skills to survive.

RO has clunky combat and awkward movements. But this is offset by more features like dodge, flying, triple/quadruple jump.  But, they all look clunky.  The movements lack a smooth transition unlike in BnS. Of course, this is considering that you are playing a stable BnS without the fps drops.

RO has a deeper character creation.  But you're stuck with 1 generic human race.  And everyone looks ugly AF.  Their NPC's are forgettable.  They don't have an adorable sidekick like Hajoon (may he rest in peace).  They don't have a hot villain like Jinsoyun.  Heck, the ugliest in BnS is 10x better than the best in RO.  But like I said, RO focuses more on functions than aesthetics.

Stability and optimization wise, it's too early to say.  The RO closed beta had a lot of graphical artifacts and glitches, it remains to be seen if there are actually still optimizations that can be made or is that all there is. If the latter is the case, then hands down, RO is never going to be a better game than BnS despite the handful of features it has.  BnS may have alot of stability and optimization issues, but I still login just to be able to see my hot SF dish out that buttery smooth Right Punch combination.  The excitement that builds up as you counter and dodge the boss the whole time and that orgasmic release you feel when you land that final hit with nary a scratch.  FeelsGoodMan.

15 hours ago, Athena84 said:

First of all you can't judge a game by it's CBT to begin with.  I've played the CBT and this is my opinion so far

Pros:

It's a seamless open world as in no loading screens for changing zones only for dungeons.  I can fly from one end of the map to the next with no loading screens.

Classes are more defined to specific tasks and well balanced i.e. Spiritshaper has low dps but incredible healing.

Tons of content.

You can go afk and gain experience the Hot Springs if anyone that has played knows what I'm talking about.

Guilds Guilds Guilds this game is extremely guild orientated build up your guild base.

Job system

Character customization is more in depth than BnS you can make your own color and has more options

Server is stable

Cons:

Game doesn't seem to handle multiple inputs no more than two or three keys pressed it seems

Experience quest holes while leveling as in you can't do next quest till like level 45 and you just reached level 41

Story quests and quests in general seem to lack in giving xp making leveling kind of boring instead major xp is gained through dungeons and dailies

XP requirements jump high extremely early I'm level 44 and my xp required is over 3 million note each quest gives about 30k max except for dungeons and dailies

Conclusions:

This game is not BnS nor a BnS copycat so stop saying that.  This game reminds me more of Tera and its combat system as well as questing system.  I'm not going to quit BnS because I have put too much work into it and I like the combat.  However, I'm prefer to play more traditional MMOs so RO will eat up a good deal of time away from BnS.  The game is more stable in terms of network connectivity and its engine is optimized to work with pretty much any system out there.  So if you like a good traditional MMO and the Asian theme give it a try when the open beta begins.

The company that made the game is a titan .

They have also twilight spirits in close beta in china check it out mate

34 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Why nobody wants to answer my question? :(

Till lvl 50 u can deztribute as u want n change bk.

At lvl 50+it locks su u need to buy sonething.

But trully there is no reasone for this to happen cause u can experiment till lvl 50 n deside

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

People will try out different games and they will switch if the other game offers better experience for them. If not they will most likely return or not play at all. People have different tastes so one might like RO, one like LOL and the other BnS. Everyone's free to do what they want to do... as long as it's legal.

I play all 3 u said hehe 

Each 1for another reason.

Im a a new gamer generaly n didnt have the chance to play a game with wings so bought Ro just to fly hehehe .

Blade and soul by far the best game best combat tho has bad servers.

One could say play bns for combat play ro for flying play lol for team play.

Fights a bit boring tho 

After playing both games i can say that BnS has way better combat and graphics while RO outshines bns in basically any other aspect.

Also i hate to admit it but ncwest is starting to get a really good publisher while my.com is shit even tho netease games is a great company...

3 hours ago, Arcadeath said:

Be prepared for disappointment in other companies then. Even though you might hate NCWest and NCSoft, they're really nice companies.

NCWest cares so much about playerbase, does stream weekly, constantly listens about feedback and improves games.

They even bring exclusive goodies for western release. If you think that publishers are bad, they're not, at least compared to many other publishers, like My.com for example.

so far been sheep in crowd of 8ish... and playing this from launch, experienced all that, so uhh nc west dropped to bottom of my small ladder, right with perfectworld...

by ignoring playerbase completely, zero improvement except more and more cashgrab, etc (you cant count last 2 months when game started being real dead, so they did few improvements, all too late, thats not whole experience)

On 11/15/2016 at 11:45 AM, ARC1276 said:

Don't.

That's my only advice for you. It will actually be worse than BnS in almost every way possible.

Yeah, Don't ... listen to people who doesn't much about the game.

1. Built in security system, where you cannot even steal your items if they hack your account.

2. Equalized PvP, per 10 levels. Not P2W like certain game.

3. PvP = 10v10, 20v20, all the way to 50v50.

4. owPvP island where having 200 players doesn't lag

5. You cannot rush to level cap, and is forced to run the same dungeons 2000x to farm for mats.

6. What you do daily is rewarded with points, which you can turn in and trade for upgrade mats.

7. Best gear comes from crafted, not some 0.1% loot drop.

8 Guilds that is actually friendly, and not toxic.

9 High level players willingly to help low level players.

10. Best of all - no BOTs, never-ending friend requests, and RMT spams

I can list more, but hey, don't play RO, it isn't for hard455 BnS players. BTW, NCSoft just sent me a free 30d premium and 1600 NCoins.

Interesting thread as I have BnS friends trying to get me to try out RO. I do not plan on quitting BnS unless they do something like nerf summoner again. You hear that NCSOFT? Nerf summoner just one more time and I am taking my cash pile elsewhere. 

On the other hand, if you go to the Cat Fanciers' Association website and add all those cats as options to the groomer, I will make it rain $ on you. 

12 minutes ago, Xiaoyen said:

You hear that NCSOFT? Nerf summoner just one more time and I am taking my cash pile elsewhere. 

Summoner

• Rosethorn: damage decreased
  • cat: no more permanent alive, getting cool down like thral of wl
  • Sunflower/Bees: damage decreased

*irony off* ;)

18 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

In RO do you need to put stats points or skill points that cannot be changed unless you buy some rip off items or reroll?

The best thing I love about BNS is able to experiment different build at any time. But the recent patches seems to kill off most of the builds into 1 single mindless dps build :(

You can reset as often as you like up to <lv 59, after that you need to pay attention and it will start to cost, but everything is obtainable via in game currency.

Unlike BnS, which you pretty much just customize 2 or 3 things about your character, in RO you can customize your soul grids, combat skills, arcane arts, special skills levels, special skill dao, and of course, all the basic gear and char attrib modifiers.

18 minutes ago, QueenBear said:

RO is a reallly fun game, everyone who likes BnS should try it out.

There is hot springs, Flying, Mounts (ground), Flying Mounts (flying), really good-looking outfits (with pretty pretty dyes)

More fun things to do than BnS.

I think this is a major difference and I agree. While BnS has a tremendous amount of amazing features, it is VERY linear. Same dailies and farming every day with nothing else to do that is just simply "fun".

RO on the other hand is much more of a social game. The events are pretty insane, there's player housing, flight system, castle raids, world bosses, guild maps, hot springs, etc etc.
There's always something fun and different to do.

They are very very different games. I don't think they deserve to be compared to one another on the same grounds. Just play both, either, or neither. It's up to you and your tastes.

Well, it isn't easy to write this given my mounting frustration today with the disconnects.  And it has been happening all day btw.  But I'm beta testing RO, and while a fun game with interesting combat mechanics, dungeons, etc.  BnS is, in fact, better graphically and in terms of combat.  Combat is they key for me and while RO has some great animations and abilities, it doesn't shine as bright as BnS in groups or in PvP 1v1- 6v6.  

I really can't comment on the story because most of RO is not translated at this stage.  One thing RO does that is particularly annoying though is that story quests are, for the most part, just fetch quests or conversation.  It really hurts the game because after a while you just spam F and spacebar to get through because it is of no real consequence.

One advantage it does have though is that it is truly and open world once you get out of the starter area.  And they have this really cool system where you can enter an instance while still being in the open world.  It is seemless.  You will be standing out in the open world but seeing something slightly different than everyone else until you complete your objective.  

As much as I want to write a long paragraph about what is the meaning behind CBT and being a CBTester it's kind of pointless. There is google for that.

But to be comparing a game that is still in development to other games that have been out for many years is nonsense.

As a beta tester,  you should be checking things out report what is buggy and in needs of improvement, not down throated a game that's there to be TESTED for 2 weeks.

Yes there is going to be some technical issues and they want to see you as the tester to see what's wrong, reported it, and they will try to make whatever changes there is to be done to bring satisfaction to their gamers. 

I don't know if some been at that point where we had and npc bugged and had to wait for them to fix it. They have heard us and fixed it. As a CBTester,  we can report whatever problem in the game, they will hear us and fix it with the best of their abilities. That's what a beta tester do. Not to go and take a CBT game so serious. (derpaherp)

The story is still in development for English, there's no reason to really say how the story is (even though i got this emotional feeling what had happened just from the cutscenes)

The dungeons are quite challenging and the pain of trying to not get one shotted in an expert dungeon from a boss is terrifying.

The dungeons are really challenging and yes you can even help out low levels (for the Guidance quest) to get through a dungeon and get whatever gears they need which i have to say is nice since they can do it 5 times a day on the "lowbie" dungeon. so they can keep on questing with decent gears until they are able to get better gears to help them for the next dungeon. There is just so much for you to do on the game, you'll be wondering what has happened with time 

Each class has their own benefit to help out the party buff and debuffing, which is great because not everyone should feel left out because of how their class.

The ability to go around gathering materials to make things enjoying the scenery and for a game to be crafted dependable to get stronger gears or just make things for costumes/housing/sieges etc is what keeps your occupied or strive for a goal to do something.

What gets me is the fact that you can get most items you need just doing reputations. Yes, as most mmos as people wants to whine and complain about being a grind festival, it will be a grind, in my own honest opinions, I feel it's a lot less range punishment than BnS punishment.

The PvP is fun especially when you can do pvp with your guildmates or friends or practice with your guildmate in the guild base (which i have to say is huge and beautiful to be in)

The game seems heavily depending you with strangers or guildmates to do things together which is kind of nice.

EXP hot springs  is nice when you're done with everything and just want to chill, watch or do some stuff while afk'ing or chat with friends/guildmates about things. 

The open world pvp is really intense, you can be sneaked up in battle and you have the option to either not fight back (give them the debuff) or fight back and defend yourself. The Guild versus Guild is crazy too but fun.

Yes the game had big ms and fps problems but people forgetting that we are on a TEST server, one big TEST server. I'm sure they are trying to figure out a way to help that stability before they think about putting us the tester on multiple servers. Plus there is some stuff to test about before they say "okay! we're all set and ready for OBT!"

But my main  rant about this is that please don't put reviews on a game that is in a development state and instead just try it out do what you can to help than to be rattle a game. I have not even put up videos over RO cause it's a CBT game, what is there to say about it when you are supposed to help it? I do not want to brain hurt my viewers of what needs to be done. I would have save that for either OBT or when it's released. As a tester you should be testing, not telling people do not do this, Let them try it until the very end then see if it worth. 

k that's my rant

Oh! And I wanted to add that the Characterization is really something, to be putting details in certain areas of your char is good. besides BDO Characterizations, I have never spent over an hour just at the Char screen to make sure my girl char has the grace about her in face and body. Especially when i'm more into old Asian cultural style. 

1 hour ago, Kurokazu said:

I think this is a major difference and I agree. While BnS has a tremendous amount of amazing features, it is VERY linear. Same dailies and farming every day with nothing else to do that is just simply "fun".

RO on the other hand is much more of a social game. The events are pretty insane, there's player housing, flight system, castle raids, world bosses, guild maps, hot springs, etc etc.
There's always something fun and different to do.

They are very very different games. I don't think they deserve to be compared to one another on the same grounds. Just play both, either, or neither. It's up to you and your tastes.

check out my post:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/223387-time-to-tryout-revelation-onlinewith-bns-servers-like-these/

17 hours ago, babeln said:

so far been sheep in crowd of 8ish... and playing this from launch, experienced all that, so uhh nc west dropped to bottom of my small ladder, right with perfectworld...

by ignoring playerbase completely, zero improvement except more and more cashgrab, etc (you cant count last 2 months when game started being real dead, so they did few improvements, all too late, thats not whole experience)

reading all this i find it funny someone else here played perfect world lol. I played it til 2008 everyday til this game released i played this game in CBT. Id rather go back and play on my bm on Etherblade server of PWI than try that new RO game. if i wanted an afk lazy game i already got that on my HD LOLOLOL. I wish everyone good luck with ignoring all the bots we had in the early stages of this game :)

The simple truth.. all MMORPG games have issues..  server issues, lag.. game pauses.. game freezes..  This game has it all.. its a wonder they have any players at all.. almost all of them are F2P and P2W.. I just wish one would come along that is actually playable.. I have come to the realization I must try the game.. get it to work.. and if it works with minimal hassle then It may be worthy of me investing in a patron account.. otherwise I move to the next one that seems interesting enough to explore..

I submitted a ticket.. in hopes they would have a fix I have not tried.. I am level 16. tonight I logged in to play a little after today's patch. The game has real promise, The story line is easy to follow..  the movement and spells are simple enough.. except the crashes and freezes. I have experienced a crash about every 20-25 minutes for the last 6 hours. Its not recordable. It locks my system up. I have to do a hard boot, and reset the client twice.. because it says I am still logged in. Nothing in my startup files is active. I have attempted to repair the game twice. It does not help. I have a fibered internet connection. My system I5 4670K 3.4ghz overclocked to 4.0 ghz. water cooled. 24 gb memory. The game is installed on a Samsung 840 pro SSD drive. In game I am getting 65-80 frames per second. My GPU 750Ti Boost with 3gb onboard memory. More than enough to play this game @ max settings. Seems to me the game is the problem. My system plays Glyph launcher: Trion's flagship game Rift, Defiance, Devilian. just fine. I also play Riders of Icarus (US) and (Japan) as for NCSoft I used to play many years ago.. Guild Wars (1). I have spent hours reading your forums in search of a fix. Seems many many people are having the same issue. I will not invest in a subscription, if the game stays in its current state, which is virtually unplayable.

last patch is still a mess for everyone. usually, for me, game is not THAT much unstable. so i think that since yesterday, game cannot be used to compare games.

u can say developers are bad, and everyone should agree with it. but game itself has never been that bugged.

i really hope they fix it asap.

moreover, it is really disappointing that it happens to FREEZE during midnight boss fight. especially when he aoe poison and u are a melee chartacter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2016 at 0:59 PM, Athena84 said:

Pros:

Tons of content.

Job system

Server is stable

Cons:

Conclusions:

Okay but there is one MAJOR problem I have with what you said: Better character customization. That is completely false to me. Look, there is only like 20 different shades of white for skin color and one shade of grey, which instantly pisses me off. Also there's the fact that the color pallets seem to be bugged. IE: The color you select is not the same as the color that shows up. 

As for everything else, I have no problems with what you said. Although, I personally feel like the guild aspect should be a con. If you're playing alone, or trying to solo, it's going to be a pain in the a$$. And a game that is reliant purely on how many people are online, is at a bad spot from the beginning. 

But here's what I saw in CBT. The game lacks polish. It looks like it's in development. Sounds fair until you consider that Mygames is the publisher for Blizzard in China. Meaning that RO is a Triple A title, not some random game coming from no where. As far as I know, there is already a Chinese and a Russian server for RO (much like BnS). Now here is where I start making comparisons:

CBT for BnS:

I did not experience any server issues other than the long a$$ queue time, maybe I might have crashed one or two times, but overall it was stable. It was fully translated and had a daily dash, which eventually became like the treasure trove we have now (only with better rewards). There wasn't much dialogue missing, and I did not see any bugs. The game instantly caught my attention with it's opening intro, granted I could become emotionally invested right away due ti how rushed it felt, but it was a good opening nonetheless. 

CBT for RO:

Instantly I could tell it was going to feel like playing Scarlet Blade only with less fan service and less fun. The server was fine, nothing to complain about and it ran well. However I had the feeling it was due to how prototypical it all felt. The graphics instantly made me want to log off and character customization enraged me quickly because the only skin color I could find was 20 shades of white. The opening cut-scene made me hit the esc key faster than I could say oops. The opening story did not catch my attention at all, and I logged off pretty quickly. I came back several times to see if it really was a good game or not, but honestly in my desperate struggle I couldn't find anything that I liked about the game other than it ran very good.

My conclusion: 

In a desperate struggle to find something good about this game I end up finding myself depressed. Not only did I buy their most expensive founders pack, but I made a promise to a friend of mine that I'd play the game with her. She's enjoying it but I'm stuck here wondering "WTF does she see in this game?". So here I am with an expensive founders pack with the promise of the "BnS killer" and I end up getting a generic MMORPG with absolutely nothing about it that is unique and is completely filled with all the generic stuff and a graphics system that makes me want to rip my eyeballs. So yes, I'm really hating it right now.

Archived