Forums

Top Dps atm? :)

deathleecher

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top DPS is whoever is better at not dying to regular attacks or mechanics. You can't do any dps when you're napping in the dirt. :P

On a more serious response... people should stop caring so much about what the different class' dps is compared to their class and more about how well their performance is compared to others of the same class. There's always going to be a class at the top of the dps meter and someone else at the bottom. If everyone's dps was exactly the same, people would just play the easiest ones or the ones with the best utility. I really like the game's take on classes since I feel like there's a lot of variables and diversity to consider. Ranged is obviously the most popular but you don't see people just min/maxing for ranged... doing F8 is fun despite potential distaster runs because you never know what kind of group composition you're going to get. Most of the time, even with less than ideal setups, you can often complete dungeons (there are exceptions of course).

I've watched the thread for awhile, all the back and forths from different people... honestly there's no definitive answer to the original question because as OP himself mentioned, the dps torch is always being passed around.

wl/sin/kfm easily top dps. For example if you do  yourself 40k dps and your buff increase 10k dps each of your 5 pt member dps. Party dps increase 90k because of you are in party so in theory you are doing 90k dps(just example, not correct numbers). 

5 hours ago, Meginb said:

On a more serious response... people should stop caring so much about what the different class' dps is compared to their class and more about how well their performance is compared to others of the same class.

This argumentation would have made sense for a single player game or a game with no competetive aspect.

But that is not the case here, is it ?

DPS / support capabilities directly influence the amount of effort you put into upgrading your character, the amount of time you put into running dungeons etc.

Some classes are more welcome to 24man content (turtle and future ones) than others. That is OK in your opinion?

Having to look for a dungeon group longer than another person just because he rolled a better class is also perfectly fine?

Gaining significantly less resources than others from SSP/Naksun/Whatever farm content there might be in the future doesn't matter because we all know low dps classes have cheaper upgrade paths than top dogs, right ?

In your world FMs should compete with other FMs who breaks the barrier of 800ap sooner while Destroyers should compete with each other who reaches 750ap faster*. That's what you're trying to tell us ?

(*using AP as an indicator of general effort and commitment to progressing, not as a goal of the game itself, lay down your torches)

4 hours ago, Suna said:

wl/sin/kfm easily top dps. For example if you do  yourself 40k dps and your buff increase 10k dps each of your 5 pt member dps. Party dps increase 90k because of you are in party so in theory you are doing 90k dps(just example, not correct numbers). 

Sorry thats not how it works. If you play a destroyer and use restrain skills and boost everybody dps up through the roof it still does not mean that destroyer himself is top dps :S

4 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Sorry thats not how it works. If you play a destroyer and use restrain skills and boost everybody dps up through the roof it still does not mean that destroyer himself is top dps :S

Party dps is the thing that matter usually in dungeons/raids, not your personal dps?

On 11/9/2016 at 6:50 PM, deathleecher said:

Hi

Iknow this question get asked offen, but classes change every patch, so what is the top dps atm?

the top DPS for players at the same gear level and skill is.....

the guy with less latency and less ping.... DONE

12 minutes ago, 821031_1452549945 said:

and when dungeon has a boss that u cant grab? what then? is having so low dps that ppl literally dont want u in dungeon/raid cuz of that okay? 

And when kfm/sin/wl started having grab?  Kfm have grabble but it does not have restrain skill.

4 minutes ago, Suna said:

And when kfm/sin/wl started having grab? 

55 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Party dps is the thing that matter usually in dungeons/raids, not your personal dps?

i was quoting on this the topic was destroyer grab here (restraint buff) and in case u didnt know kfm (blue buff) wl (soulburn)  and sin (blue buff) all have party buffs not related to grabbing boss 

1 minute ago, 821031_1452549945 said:

i was quoting on this the topic was destroyer grab here (restraint buff) and in case u didnt know kfm (blue buff) wl (soulburn)  and sin (blue buff) all have party buffs not related to grabbing boss 

Yah if you meet enrage timer. Do it matter more if you have higher personal dps or do your party have higher overall dps? If fm and bm is top dps and you bring party full of fms and bms, can you say that party do more damage than party with warlocks and sins and kfms?

5 hours ago, Suna said:

Yah if you meet enrage timer. Do it matter more if you have higher personal dps or do your party have higher overall dps? If fm and bm is top dps and you bring party full of fms and bms, can you say that party do more damage than party with warlocks and sins and kfms?

the problem in ur statement is that FM is actually no longer bread and butter DPS. i have seen with my own eyes from many a runs WL out dps FMs. its possible the FMs were simply bad or had latency issues etc... but FM and WL are actually pretty close dps related these days which is why in my previous post i said that for nerds who want BiS parties it would/should be a 2:2 ratio BM:WL or drop 1 BM and add a sin for 1:1:2 sin > fm simply cuz blue buff and Sin hve high tier dps... i dont consider sins Top tier atm simply cuz recent skill changes and shit. 

7 hours ago, Suna said:

The OP is asking which class is THE top dps, not which class provide the best party dps support though. I know party dps matters, don't get me wrong but this is not the topic here.

Even if it is, WL & BD & DES beats KFM & SIN any day too XD

15 hours ago, GenericNick said:

This argumentation would have made sense for a single player game or a game with no competetive aspect.

But that is not the case here, is it?

(Right, Western Community. It's all about being the most OP class. People already act like they're on a single player game in any type of content here.)

DPS / support capabilities directly influence the amount of effort you put into upgrading your character, the amount of time you put into running dungeons etc.

(Everything costs the same regardless of class. If you aren't trying to farm solo, dungeons go much faster and requires less effort. Also, RNG has a hand in things. It could take more or less time/effort regardless of class.)

Some classes are more welcome to 24man content (turtle and future ones) than others. That is OK in your opinion?

(Nope, of course I've never seen class bias for the 24man content, only gear requirements if there are any requirements at all. The players on your server sound like the problem.)

Having to look for a dungeon group longer than another person just because he rolled a better class is also perfectly fine?

(I've never seen class bias in F8 either, only typical gear requirements. Doing Shattered Masts with no ranged, MSP with no Warlocks... totally unfair towards non OP classes.)

Gaining significantly less resources than others from SSP/Naksun/Whatever farm content there might be in the future doesn't matter because we all know low dps classes have cheaper upgrade paths than top dogs, right ?

(This I can see, ranged have an advantage in getting credit for stuff in SSP... but if they're undergeared they aren't guaranteed free loot... even the top dps class gets wrecked by Terrors though, it's a sucky zone no matter what you play as. Naksun is solo... so other than clear time... the drops will be the same, no?)

In your world FMs should compete with other FMs who breaks the barrier of 800ap sooner while Destroyers should compete with each other who reaches 750ap faster*. That's what you're trying to tell us ?

(Um, not sure I understand what you're getting at here... wouldn't whoever has more time/money gear up faster? That's not really related to a class issue... shouldn't we be comparing ourselves with other players of the same class? Otherwise it's like trying to compare an apple against an orange, other than being fruit, they're completely different.)

(I wasn't trying to step on toes here, sorry. There's obviously problems with parts of classes and I would be thrilled if KR fixes them to make things more fun for the underdog classes... I'm still going to make alts of them either way. =\)

See, I found the root of our miscommunication - we are simply playing a different game.

In the game I play:

Class bias exists both in f8 and msp. If people don't want to carry dead weight and spend even a split second longer because of that while doing content X then I have no right to judge them.

People don't "get wrecked by Terrors" (or berserkers for that matter) anymore. Neither do they SSP for "getting kill credit". They do SSP for multiple 500pp reward boxes each mining. There, DPS is all that matters, because it directly influences how much soulstones ( =gold ) they get per mining cycle.

People do multiple Naksun farm runs in a row, so the clear times is all that matters there.

So as you can see, in this game, high DPS / party appeal classes have a significant advantage over the underdogs.

Archived