Horrible ping in SEA...Help!

karriesmatic

Hi guys,

I am about to quit Blade and Soul altogether just because of this horrific connection issue I have been experiencing. My ping is around 350-450ms, without using any ping boosters. When using a ping booster (Pingzapper), my ping is now around 280-300ms.

My character's a blade master and whenever I play 4-man parties with other blade masters, I have noticed that my attacks (LMB) are significantly slower than other BMs. In comparison to their attacks, mine seems to have a 3-second delay. I spam my RMB consistently and rapidly but to no avail. Often, I get trashtalked by my party, saying that I am a disgrace to BMs and all that shit.

I have sought the help of the Blade and Soul support team, and have tried all the troubleshooting techniques that they have recommended to me, but still my attacks are slower than standard.

I run a high powered computer with the ff specs:

Nvidia GTX980ti

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.0Ghz

64 GB RAM

MOBO: Maximus VIII extreme z170

>>so it's definitely not my computer that has the problem.

My internet runs at 50 mbps (PLDT Fibr Optics), upload and download speed.

I have provided all the technical information that the Blade and Soul Support team needed from me, but they came into a conclusion that they could not decipher the real cause of my problem and that they could not help me further.

I am just deeply wondering what the problem is.

Because I have played Heroes of Newerth on a North American server (before it had a dedicated SEA server) and have not experienced gaming issues like this. My ping was around 50-80ms back then and my internet connection was PLDT DSL 8mbps only.

To be honest, I cannot fully enjoy my current gaming experience because I cannot use my character's full potential.

I don't think the physical location of the server has anything to do with this issue, It's a lame excuse because given in this day and age, almost everything (if not everything) is fast, high-powered and of high-technology. I have raised this to the Blade and Soul Support Team countless times but have not received a single response or reaction about it.

I know I'm on the Blade and Soul NA server, which is technically intended for North American users; however they shouldn't have made it accessible to people in my region if we can't play on it. I know other SEA and Oceanic region players understand this and have the same issue as I do.

Any suggestions, guys? I don't want to shift to Blade and Soul Taiwan when I don't even understand the players at all. :(

Greetings from a SEA player as well. I'm currently using Pingzapper as well and it seems to be working alright for me. I still have some latency (around 0.5 sec) every attack but I play a FM. My DPS is pretty alright which I guess is considered average to slightly above average but nothing fantastic. I have a BM friend who is also playing from SEA who is doing pretty alright for himself, but he agrees that the latency causes some DPS loss but it's nothing too severe (he mainly plays ToI and is one of the top few BM in the rankings).

Also, which tunnel do you use for your ping booster? Try to not use automatic and use one that is closest to the game server, which is at Dallas. Other than Pingzapper (sometimes it doesn't work for some people), there are other ping boosters that worked well for me too, like KillPing or WTFast but they're generally more expensive.

You are playing on NA from SEA, the distance alone should tell you that you will never get low ping even with ping booster. The most you can get is probably slightly below 200, I got that on another game that I play in NA as well but never get ping that low while I was still playing on BnS NA. This is not something that you or NCSoft can fix short of opening a new server for SEA region which we all know will never happen.

This is the reason why a lot of players in SEA region move to BnS TW instead, even those that does not know the language. The difference is night and day, the dps difference between high ping and low ping is actually quite substantial. 

SEA player on NA server = high-pinger.

Same gear and skills, you will be always behind the DPS of people whose ping is lower. As a Summoner with 710AP, I can still get out DPS by a 650 one whose fire rate is x1.5 time mine.

For some reasons, even NA players on NA server still have ping higher than expected. I blame this on NCWest.

Take a look on Korean players who play in their native server, who literally play the game at zero ping. Their smooth and responsive gameplay make people drool.

At 300+ ping it is costing you 150-200ap. I have tested this extensively with my Sin at 750ap, I am consistently out dps'ed by Sin's of roughly 550-600ap. Unless you're inside the US, or an EU country, NCWest won't help you and doesn't care due to use being such a small percentage of their customer base.

15 hours ago, karriesmatic said:

I know I'm on the Blade and Soul NA server, which is technically intended for North American users; however they shouldn't have made it accessible to people in my region if we can't play on it. I know other SEA and Oceanic region players understand this and have the same issue as I do.

Now don't drag all of us with your problem. I for one still be able to play smoothly from Oceanic region with 200ping. If they're unable to help you then quit and play alternative server such as TW. just, don't, drag, all, of, us, down. Bye

2 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

SEA player on NA server = high-pinger.

Same gear and skills, you will be always behind the DPS of people whose ping is lower. As a Summoner with 710AP, I can still get out DPS by a 650 one whose fire rate is x1.5 time mine.

For some reasons, even NA players on NA server still have ping higher than expected. I blame this on NCWest.

Take a look on Korean players who play in their native server, who literally play the game at zero ping. Their smooth and responsive gameplay make people drool.

NEVER compare NA server with Korean, NEVER. Korea has much smaller area to cover, thus gives their servers much less strain than NA that has to send packets to all over the world. Not only that, the majority of Koreans play in internet cafes, which allows the connection to be even more concentrated to mostly those cafes. If you play at home in Korea, you wouldn't get that 8 ping that you'd get in cafes (yes, any game you play in internet cafe in Korea will give you 8 ping. BnS, BDO, League, Overwatch, you name it)

I am quitting for an unknown period of time as well. My computer specs are similar to yours. I am unable to run two 6v6 matches in a row without DC-ing. I am getting black screen freezes in Beluga, terrain glitches in necropolis and citadel, EXTREME lag on ANY x-server AND normal server dungeon. I have been playing on EU-Greenhollow since the game first launched on this continent.

I *REFUSE*  to invest one more cent and one more second of my time into this PATHETIC excuse for an MMORPG. People bashed me when I made a post about how they keep pouring in new content without fixing the glitches. Look at the game now two weeks later. We all know how much money is going into this game and it is not being put where we want it. 

it is understandable that players get disappointed or mad if they getting high ping while being almost nearby of the game server and they have stable connection.

but if a player is thousands miles away from the server and getting frustrated at his high ping like OP, maybe he needs to learn a bit about latency. whatever he learns about it and still dont like transferring to nearer server, he can choose to quit the game or accept his high ping.

Archived