Please Help - Game crashes after maxing out resolution

bueboy90780

On my first ever launch of the game, after making my character and just stepping into the tutorial, I messed around with the setting's graphics a bit testing out all sort of stuff. Game was working perfectly, it had some minor lag but that's understandable as this was the first launch.

However, I got carried away with testing out the settings I end up maxing out the biggest resolution possible, my laptop wasn't able to handle the high resolution so the game crashed.

Now, whenever I try to re-launch the game, it will always crash after a few seconds of opening the game. Executing a file repair does not work neither does restarting my computer works either.

So the question is, how do I change the in-game settings again without having to go in it directly?

I've already sent a ticket to NCSOFT, but they couldn't resolve my support and gave me useless solutions in which I myself, as a program tech trainee, knew would have failed. They gave causes such as "your Microsoft account is affecting the game" and "outdated CPU" and other things that has completely nothing to do with my graphic properties and resolution. These solutions were extremely poor, either they have taken it out from an already existing ticket or they just don't know how to solve such a simple crash error. - Not to mention they haven't even asked for a crash report.

I'm sorry for criticizing their support as I could not contain my anger behind it even though I've patiently followed their methods regardless of how poor it is. So I've decided to ask the forum instead. 

I have already tried re-installing both the game and the launcher - both in which didn't work.

I would really be glad if you guys can help me as I've been trying to resolve this problem for nearly 2 weeks now. 

3 hours ago, bueboy90780 said:

On my first ever launch of the game, after making my character and just stepping into the tutorial, I messed around with the setting's graphics a bit testing out all sort of stuff. Game was working perfectly, it had some minor lag but that's understandable as this was the first launch.

However, I got carried away with testing out the settings I end up maxing out the biggest resolution possible, my laptop wasn't able to handle the high resolution so the game crashed.

Now, whenever I try to re-launch the game, it will always crash after a few seconds of opening the game. Executing a file repair does not work neither does restarting my computer works either.

So the question is, how do I change the in-game settings again without having to go in it directly?

I've already sent a ticket to NCSOFT, but they couldn't resolve my support and gave me useless solutions in which I myself, as a program tech trainee, knew would have failed. They gave causes such as "your Microsoft account is affecting the game" and "outdated CPU" and other things that has completely nothing to do with my graphic properties and resolution. These solutions were extremely poor, either they have taken it out from an already existing ticket or they just don't know how to solve such a simple crash error. - Not to mention they haven't even asked for a crash report.

I'm sorry for criticizing their support as I could not contain my anger behind it even though I've patiently followed their methods regardless of how poor it is. So I've decided to ask the forum instead. 

I have already tried re-installing both the game and the launcher - both in which didn't work.

I would really be glad if you guys can help me as I've been trying to resolve this problem for nearly 2 weeks now. 

Try to delete your ClientConfiguration xml (Make sure you make a back up for this specific file before deleting it just in case) file inside your Documents>BnS>NCWEST folder and open the launcher then click repair. If it's causing error or fail to start, probably it is better to uninstall the game and reinstalling it again.

21 hours ago, zuzlikk said:

how do i send it to you? http://imgur.com/a/ZdeFk

Ty m8, for the suggestion, however it did not work :( - it was a good idea though, and a very useful knowledge to have. I'll keep in mind :)

21 hours ago, Na Ahri said:

Try to delete your ClientConfiguration xml (Make sure you make a back up for this specific file before deleting it just in case) file inside your Documents>BnS>NCWEST folder and open the launcher then click repair. If it's causing error or fail to start, probably it is better to uninstall the game and reinstalling it again.

OMG dude!, ty so much :D. I manage to reset the resolution back to normal again. However it still crashes upon launch, but I'm sure I can fix that while going through it.

All in all, ty, you've earned yourself a reputation :D

Archived