Another Returning Player Asking About Classes

tsunderehatter

I know, I know. This comes up often. Some people say not to bother returning, but I know what I'm getting myself into with coming back and I love this game, even with all of its flaws. Now that's out of the way and I can get to my real question.  

I have a 45 Blade Dancer, a 45 Force Master, and a 45 Summoner, all at roughly the same place with gear. I'm also leveling up a Warlock, which is currently in the late 30s. I like these four classes the best and enjoy some more than others. Blade Dancer is the least enjoyable for me because I didn't enjoy chasing bosses when a Force Master kited badly. 

I really enjoy more support oriented classes, and I understand damage has to be sacrificed for that in most cases, but I also like doing some damage. I know Summoner has a heal and projectile block, Warlock has Soulburn and a damage buff from the thrall, Blade Dancer has the grip, and Force Master has an ice shield and a projectile block, but of course I could be leaving stuff out just due to not playing for a while. What class has valued support in PvE, decent dps, and is generally wanted in groups? I'm in a clan, but I suspect I'll be pugging a good amount too. I'd also like to do solo stuff that doesn't drive me insane with repeated failure.

Pro/con lists help me the best, so I'd really appreciate one of those, however brief. Or if someone could point me to something like that. I'd really appreciate anything. I really enjoy this game and I want focus on what I can be doing right now, whether it be continuing with my Warlock or going to one of my 45s and taking it to 50 and getting HM levels.

What I have noticed is that all the classes you have listed are liked and needed in one way or another even though everyone seem to hate summoners but yet they love them when they heal/party save. I would suggest to take the class you enjoy the most but this sentence:

3 hours ago, tsunderehatter said:

I'd also like to do solo stuff that doesn't drive me insane with repeated failure.

makes me say definitely a summoner because it is definitely the easiest and most forgiving class in Mushin's Tower. Even if Naksun (floor 15) kills you there is a chance your cat stays alive and you can just revive and finish him off until you really master that one without dying. On the other hand warlocks have been buffed to a point where under 600 Attack Power warlock can achieve "Kill Naksun in under 2 minutes" achievement so they are pretty good in solo contents also and very liked in groups for fast killing.

But anyway here's some listing that I have noticed while playing:

1. Summoner
+ heal

+ party protects

+ forgiving class, easy solo

+ pretty much all skills are aoe so clears mobs fast

+ easy revive possibilities

- no bursts so cannot reach super high dps instantly but definitely not the lowest dps either

- hated in general due to how easy it is and how people don't know how to pvp against them

2. Warlock

+ soulburn which makes him very wanted

+ high dps bursts

- lower mobility when using skill combos

3. Blade Dancer

+ grab

+ party resist iframe skill when hm skill is used (overlaps with BM's so not that used)

- buggy as hell, you will find yourself getting out of combat in middle of fights and sometimes right after using skills that enter you in draw stance

- melee classes have hard time aiming gripped enemies

4. Force Master

+ high dps

+ party freeze

+ had party member pull when they are near death or gathering chi which helps them recover faster (unless you pull them in an attack or got a hongmoon skill for higher DPS)

+ very wanted/welcomed in all dungeons

- has harder time in solo pvp/e such as Tower of Infinity

Thank you so much! This helped a lot.

26 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I would suggest to take the class you enjoy the most but this sentence:

makes me say definitely a summoner because it is definitely the easiest and most forgiving class in Mushin's Tower. Even if Naksun (floor 15) kills you there is a chance your cat stays alive and you can just revive and finish him off until you really master that one without dying. On the other hand warlocks have been buffed to a point where under 600 Attack Power warlock can achieve "Kill Naksun in under 2 minutes" achievement so they are pretty good in solo contents also and very liked in groups for fast killing.

Ah yeah. I mostly put that because when I mained FM before, I was the only person in my clan that couldn't beat Junghado and it drove me away from the class for a while. I loved it in everything else, but being stuck after weeks of trying was awful. I went to Summoner and loved it, but sadly left around the time Warlock came out (mind you, this break was unrelated to the game itself, I was just in my last semester of undergrad and I took on a heavy course load), so I didn't get to try it much.

I'm very torn between Warlock and Summoner, especially so after your list. I'll just play both a bit more and decide, maybe ask my clan what they want.

I'd love to clear one thing up.

4 hours ago, tsunderehatter said:

I know, I know. This comes up often. Some people say not to bother returning, but I know what I'm getting myself into with coming back and I love this game, even with all of its flaws. Now that's out of the way and I can get to my real question.  

There's no game out there in the current market right now that's actually appealing.

Saying BnS is bad is like insulting the whole MMO community in general.

This is a game, you're not getting yourself into anything.

It's not like you're going to pick between cellmate.

believe me you have no idea, what it's like.

Either you play a game or you don't.

While on this topic, I'd like to stress this again

A game is a game, there's bound to be people who hate it, and people who don't.

You should be the one who decide what you like, you have to experience it yourself, not listening to others.

Even if it means to stand up against humanity.

People's negativity? You should've seen it a thousand time.

Now that's out of the way

I'll report on what I know so far

this is only regarding usefulness in a party.

1: Blade Dancer, I'd say would be on top of the list for being necessity in dungeon

You can't have many of the same class in a party

but you can't have enough Blade Dancer in a party. They'll never become redundant.

2: Summoner, very useful in tanking most dungeon atm.

Party heal and support will comes in quite handy in content next week.

And probably many in future.

3: Force Master, great dps

fun class with a massive dps growth rate compare to any other class.

Party protection is a plus.

Having FM is a great back up.

4: Warlock, maximum warlock should be in a party right now is 2

Having more than that would be useless.

party dps booster increase by a lot with SoulBurn

Great burst, no mobility.

7 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

I'd love to clear one thing up.

There's no game out there in the current market right now that's actually appealing.

Saying BnS is bad is like insulting the whole MMO community in general.

This is a game, you're not getting yourself into anything.

It's not like you're going to pick between cellmate.

believe me you have no idea, what it's like.

Either you play a game or you don't.

While on this topic, I'd like to stress this again

A game is a game, there's bound to be people who hate it, and people who don't.

You should be the one who decide what you like, you have to experience it yourself, not listening to others.

Even if it means to stand up against humanity.

People's negativity? You should've seen it a thousand time.

Like I said, I love this game. I endured 250+ms to enjoy the CN and JP versions until this came out. I just know on forums, especially general discussions, people who dislike it come out, and say that someone is getting themselves into something. If I wanted to play another game, I would, but I'm really enjoying this. I get what you're saying, but that's not even what I intended, I just didn't want people to think they could change my opinion on a game I love. It's kind of irritating to see 5+ posts saying that the game sucks, when my opinion is that it's fun. Probably could have worded it better, but I got a bit salty trying to read through stuff to see about classes.

Thank you for the class stuff. It's very helpful!

Summoner is by far the easiest class in the game. It's got simple rotations, big margins for error when learning mechanics in groups and farming stuff solo. BUT, I find its biggest con right now is the cat. In some places you are going to want to strangle it for not responding or getting caught on edges/walls. Recently nerfed.

If you don't want to deal with the micromanagement of the cat and want to stay ranged, go for Force Master. It has some helpful abilities for supporting/saving the group while also having great damage (iirc it's the top pve class in KR atm). Multiple iframes, self healing, decent aoe... there's not much negative about the class really. Recently buffed.

I don't have a Warlock yet but I do know that everyone loves them. They look like they have fless iframe/survivability and the most complex rotations of all the ranged classes. Recently buffed.

I don't have a Blade Dancer either, but I love them as much as or more than Warlocks. Their grab gives everyone a dps boost while still being able to attack themselves and can reposition enemies if needed. They may not be the highest damage melee class but their utility is awesome... Now I want a Blade Dancer...

Really, any class is fun in this game, they all have something that makes them different from each other, so whichever fits your playstyle most is what you should stick with. Your other characters will always be there if you change your mind. :)

As a Warlock player i want to fix 1 mistake people are saying here.. 

Warlock has mobility. People who say they dont probably have never played 1 or have played only dragoncall build.

With helix build you can run around like a headless chicken all you want. Only skills making you stand for few seconds are imprison and wingstorm, 

Archived