My Sin Inquiry

Sqvirel

Hey peeps.

I tried all the classes in the game but ultimately assassin is the only class I can play well. Other classes always got stuck in Cinderlands but thanks to stealth and RMB+F I was able to solo through Moonwater Plains. I stopped for now on the beginning of Grand Harvest Square to plan the future of my sin. (and to finally upgrade my equipment :P)

The problem is, stealth+RMB+F is the only way I know how to play, and I know there's more to this class. What should I do from now on?

At the moment I'm lv 46 and this is my current build: link (outdated BnStree, I know)

1) I never was any good at stacking poison so I think I should go Light build. Could someone post the current endgame Light build please?

2) I never got the "Invitation from Poharan" quest. Do I have to finish a daily for it? I rushed through Moonwater so I may've missed it.

3) What is the best endgame equipment/soul shield combo for Light? I always use a full set but I heard combination of different SS is better.

4) How do I get the locked tiers of skills? Is it PvP? I hate PvP...

That's all the questions for now, but I'll ask more if something comes up.

Thanks for the help in advance ^^

You have 2 ways to anicancel as a sin:

Lightning: Keep invisible, then spam RMB > F. 5 Stacks of poison increases the animation of RMB.

Dark: Keep visible, then spam LMB > RMB. 5 Stacks of poison also increases animation here. Dark Strike is an extra for pve damage.

The anicancel invisible is much easier to use. I suggest you to practice on dummys in mushin tower the dark build.

Poison Breath, Venom Swarm and Choke bomb are the best ways to stack 5 poison.

Fighting Spirit is a cooldown reset for those skills.

Lightning Stride Tier 1 is a poison reset. But to use it, you have to use your decoy.

You can simply use Choke bomb, anicancel RMB > LMB. Keep track of the time of the poison on the dummy and when its like 2 second to end, use Decoy then fastly press RMB. You'll dash forward with lightning Strike, transpassing the dummy and refreshing the stacks of poison. If you want to reposition faster, press SS (backstep).

This is the bread and butter of sins damage. You need much practice to use it well.

As a mainly invisible player, i suggest you to use Landmine Form 3 Tier 2 or 3, wich stack poison, and Shadow Drain, wich allows you to extend the invisible time while stacking another poison.

About the hongmoon skills, we have one MUST for the class, wich is HM Heart Stab. You need to get a Chilling Flame Elixir to enable it. Its hard to get, but really important. This HM technique "just" make the animation of RMB faster. Imagine anicancel faster? Much more dps.

The second most importante is the Hongmoon Mistslash wich in Form 1 Tier 5, enables your next Heart Stab to guaranteed critical. This increase even more your dps but, better, allows you to set up Dark Strike better, fixing your full dark build.

With both HM techniques, you can LMB > RMB > F sequencially, dealing tons of damage.

19 hours ago, Sqvirel said:

At the moment I'm lv 46 and this is my current build: link (outdated BnStree, I know)

1) I never was any good at stacking poison so I think I should go Light build. Could someone post the current endgame Light build please?
2) I never got the "Invitation from Poharan" quest. Do I have to finish a daily for it? I rushed through Moonwater so I may've missed it.
3) What is the best endgame equipment/soul shield combo for Light? I always use a full set but I heard combination of different SS is better.

First of all your build is bad. How do you have Shadow Slash, when you can't even use it in stealth? How do you not have Shadow Drain, which is essential for any and all builds?

• Level 46 HM 0
    • Endgame Level 50 HM 10
    • Sins have it really easy to stack poison, though Lightning has it a bit harder since they're over-reliant on stealth. You have:
      • Poison Breath/Choke Bomb: Stacks 5 poison. 45 second cooldown. Requires being out of stealth.
        • I don't mention Plaguemist because it's a bad spec; it casts poison way too slow for it to be a reliable thing.
      • Sidewinder Stage 2: Stacks 1 poison on hit, enters stealth on hit of the target's back or target in Grabbed/Phantom Gripped state. 12 second cooldown. Requires being out of stealth.
      • Hook Kick: Stacks 1 poison on hit of poisoned target, enters stealth on hit of poisoned target or target in Grabbed/Phantom Gripped state. 12 second cooldown. Requires being out of stealth.
      • Venom Slash: Stacks 2 poison on hit, procs on critical hit of Heart Stab or resist of Shunpo/Sidestep Right. 12 second cooldown. Requires being out of stealth.
      • Venom Pierce: Stacks 1 poison on hit, procs on successful Decoy or on critical hit of Lightning Crash/Pierce. 8 second cooldown.
      • Set Landmine: Stacks 1 poison on hit. 24 second cooldown.
      • Throwing Dagger: Stacks 1 poison on hit. 18 second cooldown. Requires being in stealth.
      • Time Bomb: Refreshes poison duration. Auto-detonates after 7 seconds; manually detonates on hit of Landmine/Set Landmine. 45 second cooldown; reduced by 10 seconds on the first hit of Poison Breath/Choke Bomb. Requires being in stealth.
  2. Do your story quests? One time blue quests?
  3. All classes follow the same weapon, accessory, soul shield set:
    • Weapon, at some point, evolves into two different paths: Baleful and Seraph. Baleful increases Heart Stab/Bombard damage, while Seraph reduces Poison Breath/Choke Bomb cooldown. Baleful is obviously the better pick.
    • Earring > Ring > Necklace > Bracelet > Belt.
      • Earring holds the highest priority because it gives accuracy and you need 120% of it for the endgame.
      • Bracelet boss drops with high critical damage overtakes upgradeable bracelet.
    • Soul Shield:
      1. At level 46, I'm assuming you have full Moonwater Valor.
      2. At level 50, your first soul shield is full Northern Critical. There is a field boss in Shiverstone Range that has a chance to drop each piece. You can buy the pieces from marketplace.
      3. Full Yeti, from Avalanche Den.
      4. 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8 Asura, from Sogun's Lament. Keep 3, 5, and 7 of Yeti.
      5. (Optional) 3, 5, and 7 Be Ido from Sundered Nexus, to replace Yeti.
      6. 3, 5, and 7 Oblivion, from Desolate Tomb, to replace Yeti/Be Ido.
      7. 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8 Ebondrake, from Ebondrake Citadel.
  4. Hongmoon skills acquisition vary by skill. You could PvE them, or you could PvP for them:
    • Shadow Slash - Volume 2: Obtained from from Bloodshade Harbor drop, 1200 achievement point vendor, 120 Frozen Orbs at the Cold Storage vendor, or simply buying it from another player (costs like 20g in NA), then complete a quest involving Brightstone Ruins and Skyhaven Stockade, as well as purchasing two items requiring 10 Soulstones, 10 Siren Emblems, and the Shadow Slash Training Secret achievement from hitting Steel Giant in Talus Dungeon, Angler Yeti in Avalanche Den, and TE-1138 Heavenpiercer in Sundered Nexus with Shadow Slash 10 times each.
    • Shadow Slash Royal Zen Bean: Bought for 5,000 Zen Beans, the PvP currency.
    • Mist Slash: Ocean Life Force, Deep Sea Kelp, Golden Honey, Fog Mushroom, and Evil Spirit Root are rare drops from various monsters in Skypetal Plains or Achievement Merchant w/ Naryu Silver; Hongmoon Pellet is only from Clan Crafting.
    • Fateful Tomb - Decoy: Use Retrieved Hongmoon Secret Technique - Volume 2. Combine "The Lost Hongmoon Secret Technique Volume 2, Chapter 1 and 2", rare drops from Avalanche Den 4-man and Awakened Necropolis 4-man respectively. Both chapters are tradeable.
    • Hongmoon Secret Technique - Decoy: Exchange 300 Retrieved Secret Techniques from daily level 50 purple dungeons at the 1400 achievement point vendor.
    • Heart Stab Mastery: Eat a Chilling Flame Elixir, combined from an "Asura Ember" from 4-man Sogun's Lament and a "Frozen Lamentation Stone" from 120 Frozen Orbs at the Cold Storage vendor; only the Asura Ember is tradeable.
    • Bombard - Volume 1: Combine "The Lost Hongmoon Secret Technique Volume 3, Chapter 1 and 2" dropped from 4-man Sundered Nexus and 50 Naksun Tokens from Mushin's Tower Floor 9-15 at the Mushin Tower token vendor; only the Nexus book piece is tradeable
    • Hongmoon Secret Technique - Lotus of Escape: Eat Offal of Luminance from Twisted Grimhorn Wilds for 100 gold and 10 Twisted Orbs from dailies OR the story quest, eat Offal of Silence from 4-man Shattered Masts, and eat Offal of Darkness from 4-man Gloomdross Incursion; only Offals of Silence and Darkness are tradeable.
11 hours ago, Rashgarroth said:

Venom Swarm are the best ways to stack 5 poison.

Wat.

1) To switch to Dark build you need to learn how to animation cancel and the rotation goes RMB LMB F, also it is recommended that you get HM RMB, Shadow Slash and LMB before you do it.

2) Invitation from Poharan you get it at around level 43. So it's possible you already turned it in, if you can get inside E.Fleet Supply Chain, then you're good to go.

3) The best soulshield combo available at the moment it's pieces 1,2,4,7,8 from Ebondrake Citadel and pieces 3,5,7 from Desolate Tomb, however that will take you a while to get. So in the meantime, I would recommend you get a full set of Yeti soulshield from Avalanche's Den for the hp and crit. And then try to get pieces 1,2,4,7,8 Asura (Sogun's Lament) and pieces 3,5,7 from Be Ido (Sundered Nexus). In the end you wanna try to aim for best roles and have at least 120% accuracy, 55% crit chance, around 10% piercing and 20% Evasion.  

4) The locked skill tiers you can get them through either pvp or pve. Pve you have to farm them from specific 4 man dungeons or buy the books from Marketplace (F5).

If you want more help on a dps rotation, I recommend watching this video. Dark and Lightning PVE rotations 

He's a very good and educational Assassin streamer from Taiwan region and I've learned a lot about Assassins and the game from watching him. 

2 hours ago, PooHie said:

This is my own Lightning build level 50 HM 10. https://bnstree.com/tree/AS?b=HJdetSWZl

Why do you have Tier 3 Stage 3 Smokescreen? It is one of the most harmful things a Sin brings to a party, next to FM auto-detonate build:

• You trigger Conspicuous debuff in a 3 meter radius area, so anyone who happens to enter the smokescreen gets it, whether by running into an invisible particle from hidden players or the boss knocking people into it. That debuff prevents people from being affected by Protection Decoy/Enhanced Seed Shroud; by nullifying someone's party iframe they're trying to use to survive you potentially trigger a wipe.
  • You mess up another Dark Build Sin's rotation by putting them in stealth; they need to be out of stealth to do damage and by randomly stealthing them they might accidentally waste Spinal Tap.
  • If you can spec 3 points into Smokescreen, why not take Stage 2, which gives anti-projectile, focus, and healing to the entire party.

Really it's not meaningful to have something that hurts your party, and Sidewinder, Hook Kick, Shadow Drain, Decoy, and Shadow Dance/Sidestep Left are all so low in cooldown anyway.

10 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Why do you have Tier 3 Stage 3 Smokescreen? It is one of the most harmful things a Sin brings to a party, next to FM auto-detonate build:

• You trigger Conspicuous debuff in a 3 meter radius area, so anyone who happens to enter the smokescreen gets it, whether by running into an invisible particle from hidden players or the boss knocking people into it. That debuff prevents people from being affected by Protection Decoy/Enhanced Seed Shroud; by nullifying someone's party iframe they're trying to use to survive you potentially trigger a wipe.
  • You mess up another Dark Build Sin's rotation by putting them in stealth; they need to be out of stealth to do damage and by randomly stealthing them they might accidentally waste Spinal Tap.
  • If you can spec 3 points into Smokescreen, why not take Stage 2, which gives anti-projectile, focus, and healing to the entire party.

Really it's not meaningful to have something that hurts your party, and Sidewinder, Hook Kick, Shadow Drain, Decoy, and Shadow Dance/Sidestep Left are all so low in cooldown anyway.

I kinda understand his choice. I myself use tier 3 stage 3 smokescreen too, because I use it to skip mobs with my party and and I'm too lazy to change it to something else. Besides, I get a big fps drop after using stage 2. I don't use it while bossing with a party.

5 hours ago, Natello said:

I kinda understand his choice. I myself use tier 3 stage 3 smokescreen too, because I use it to skip mobs with my party and and I'm too lazy to change it to something else. Besides, I get a big fps drop after using stage 2. I don't use it while bossing with a party.

But by doing so you create a hindrance to your party members for reasons already explained. Also how are you going to survive Asura and Taikhan when they throw projectiles from their little corner? If Smokescreen is lagging you then lower your graphics.

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

But by doing so you create a hindrance to your party members for reasons already explained. Also how are you going to survive Asura and Taikhan when they throw projectiles from their little corner? If Smokescreen is lagging you then lower your graphics.

Like I said, I don't use the party stealth when bossing, because of the reasons that you mentioned. It's on stage 3, because I don't use stage 2. And if I'm doing mast/asura, I'll switch to stage 2 of course. 

My graphics are allready on lowest settings. (except for textures which is on 4.) I have nvida geforce 920m and Intel i7

On 11/10/2016 at 10:31 PM, Shadovvv said:

I play all dailies with a dynamic group ;) And I'm the only Sin. I know how to manage my cooldowns and debuffs.

Besides this just a basic build for stealth, you're just assuming that I don't re spec for certain fights and dungeons.

Archived