Burnt out due to lack of fun stuff

Yochewy

I am done. I am sure you have noticed that a good chunk of people stopped playing. Here is what I think why.

-6v6 battles are determined by number of summoners in your team. No one dies anymore because sum heals the entire party way too much (IMO), and on top of that, everyone has high hp now. Making it extremely slow pace for everybody. This is worst in WWV battles, not so much in Beluga.

-Not enough content to farm. Farming gold is unbelievably slow! I'm aware quest gives you gold but thats only a one time deal. After completing quests, what else is there to do? High dungeons don't give anything good after completing the quest.

-It is a struggle for low geared players to catch up. It is pretty obvious why. 

-No clan activities. There arent just anything to do as a clan. What? Run the same dungeon as a clan? WOW so fun.

-Classes imbalance, and overpowered skills.

-Game optimization is worse! FPS drop, lag spikes and etc.

-Where is NCSoft? Do they only come to work on patch days?

-Faction wars? Where?

Tell me why you think BnS been sucking lately.

I'm pissed at Battleground matchmaking system, as it is now your skill or even gear, almost don't mean a thing.

Only thing that matters is how lucky you are in getting a group with half a brain, that doesn't afk or chase someone for 5 minutes, while the rest of opponent's team captures everything.

They might aswell remove the ranking and rewards, since it's not rating individuals, only their rng luck.

BG needs 2 modes, premade and lfp, which should be separate one  from the other, or something else, cause right now it's a joke.

4 hours ago, Yochewy said:

High dungeons don't give anything good after completing the quest.

I must disagree strongly with this but the sad part it comes down to long runs, high AP requirements and RNG. 4-man Silverfrost dungeons and 6-man versions of Desolate Tomb and Ebondrake Citadel can be pretty profitable.

4 hours ago, Yochewy said:

For me it became too easy to make an alt from scratch without spending any money on it from my main character. It is way too easy and players now get pampered and can simply skip nearly every bit of farming or spending in on lower level areas to inspect what's going on over there. Though I guess they want people to reach high level dungeons way faster but I don't like how pampered low levels now got and it is still not enough for some players.

But anyway, only thing that annoys me is the low drop rates of certain outfit pieces in non-dungeon areas! *throws rocks at Huren & Sajifi*

Grinding for leggy accessories,definitely kills my will to play.I feel like having a second job.The RNG for me is bad.Where is the reward for hard work? only the RNG is rewarded here,not your time farming,not your efforts.The constant nerfs that my class is getting every patch,ruining my efforts to gear it .The fact they didn't kept the SSP as it were,making my farming for soulstones / moonstones split in 2 directions,SSP and Naksun (or if lucky- BG). I'm doing repetitive things : daily quests,unrewarding daily challenge and then rest of the routine.Everything is un-rewarding as farm/ craft wise.Most of my friends got sick and left.I still like the game,but I think the direction where is heading is wrong...and the constant DC's and shutters/ fps drops are getting too much for many.I don't know if we gonna be able to play a decent pvp scene soon enough,the content were pushed kind of too fast I guess.I don't see this game being played soon at its full potential as in asian regions.Time will show...

the game feels fun when we get nice rewards for playing. that is dependent on RNG. my RNG is good very rarely (this is intended definitely).

playing BnS does feel frequently like a tedious job.

I love it for its art, but lately I've been forcing myself to log in. I severly dislike pvp, though I have my good moments when I like to try it. more PVE content with good rewards would be welcome.

On 05/11/2016 at 11:36 PM, Yochewy said:

-6v6 battles are determined by number of summoners in your team. No one dies anymore because sum heals the entire party way too much (IMO), 

Wait a minute , summoner isnt the only class that got heals, whatever summoner does is unfair, aint this community that wanted summoners to be a support class and got them nerfed to the ground ? now you complain they got heals ? 

if you were smart enough you would knew that ppl are hard to kill because of the crit def on the new pvp soulshield + the high HP, get your fact right and leave the summoner out of it.

A side note: the most wanted class in 6vs6 now is the Warlock as SB now gives an epic damage

On 11/5/2016 at 6:36 AM, Yochewy said:

6v6 battles are determined by number of summoners in your team. No one dies anymore because sum heals the entire party way too much (IMO), and on top of that, everyone has high hp now. Making it extremely slow pace for everybody. This is worst in WWV battles, not so much in Beluga.

Well, the purpose is to not to die sooner in Battleground. How would you defend a post if you die in less than 3 seconds?

Farming gold is unbelievably slow!

The daily challenges alone can give you 15+ gold. What more if you farm dungeons several times? I also don't think you craft and gather that much at all.

High dungeons don't give anything good after completing the quest.

Please tell me ornaments, moonstones, etc. are not included to your "anything good" list.

It is a struggle for low geared players to catch up. It is pretty obvious why.

Is there anything we don't know in what way low-geared players can't catch up? Maybe you can share those.

No clan activities.

Well, clans can also provide their own events. I don't see any problems with that.

Game optimization is worse! FPS drop, lag spikes and etc.

Work on your CPU and graphics settings then get back here if they didn't work.

It amazes me the number of people complaining about this game.

I played WoW for along time. Everytime there was an upgrade it cost $39. How many upgrades have we had now with B&S? 6 or more/

how much did it cost us? $0.00

You should stop bitching and just play.

Ah the game is fun but like every mmo I have played the cost of advancement is just absurd at some point. Right now I'm trying to get honorary coins etc to upgrade a weapon. Thats like 20 days @ 1 coin per day if I'm lucky........sigh. Everyday I do DC hoping I hit that $1000g chip.

On 11/5/2016 at 11:36 PM, Yochewy said:

I am done. I am sure you have noticed that a good chunk of people stopped playing. Here is what I think why.

-6v6 battles are determined by number of summoners in your team. No one dies anymore because sum heals the entire party way too much (IMO), and on top of that, everyone has high hp now. Making it extremely slow pace for everybody. This is worst in WWV battles, not so much in Beluga.

-Not enough content to farm. Farming gold is unbelievably slow! I'm aware quest gives you gold but thats only a one time deal. After completing quests, what else is there to do? High dungeons don't give anything good after completing the quest.

-No clan activities. There arent just anything to do as a clan. What? Run the same dungeon as a clan? WOW so fun.

-Classes imbalance, and overpowered skills.

-Game optimization is worse! FPS drop, lag spikes and etc.

-Where is NCSoft? Do they only come to work on patch days?

-Faction wars? Where?

Let me add my few cents:

1. The amount of summoners doesnt matter at ALL. The whole point in beluga and WWV is not to kill but to coordinate and keep the objectives. If you are going in there with the mindset you need to kill ppl to win, you are wrong. Had several matches where the opposing team had 3-4 summoners with 680+ AP and they still lost because we played smart and didnt kill many of them just kept them busy.

2. Dailies is the main source of steady income. you can make a minimum of 40g a day. Additionally running tomb and ebondrake can give you nice amounts when you drop a legendary accessory. Other dungeons where ornaments drop also can give you nice income. Apart from that  you can sell other items: moonstones from naksun or WWV/Beluga, Sell soulstones, craft and sell items.....plenty of options the difference is making big amounts of gold means you cannot be lazy cause if you are, the 40g from dailies is all you will get.

3.  New players have is wayy wayyyyyy easy to catch up now with the recent changes. If some of them say otherwise its because they are either too lazy or its the communities fault for not willing to help them a bit or having too high requirements for low dungeons.

4. Clan activities....ok there arent any in-game, but thats why you have a clan leader and advisors, they can organize something for the clan, put up some reward....thats what makes the difference between active and good clans from trashy ones. If you want a clan event make one yourself. Dont use the game to justify something that no one is willing to do themselves.

5. I think it somewhat balanced. Tho atm we do not have the gear that should come with the balance patches which is why some skills seem overpowered. This will change a lot when midnight skypetal plains comes out.

6. Optimization i agree could be better and a lot of improvement can be done.

7. Faction wars: there are but not to the huge extent as you probably imagine them. most times its just people in SSP hiding behind terrors. But i admit a lot could be changed here.

On 11/7/2016 at 6:00 PM, xxxAoi said:

Well, the purpose is to not to die sooner in Battleground. How would you defend a post if you die in less than 3 seconds?

The daily challenges alone can give you 15+ gold. What more if you farm dungeons several times? I also don't think you craft and gather that much at all.

Please tell me ornaments, moonstones, etc. are not included to your "anything good" list.

Is there anything we don't know in what way low-geared players can't catch up? Maybe you can share those.

Well, clans can also provide their own events. I don't see any problems with that.

Work on your CPU and graphics settings then get back here if they didn't work.

I can't reply to each one of you but this one caught my attention the most. xxxAoi, Who are you fooling? I'm happy everything is working out for you. I'm sure more than 50% of us have already quit for various reasons. Open your eyes. 

First off BnS is notorious for being bad optimized. Google it to see how many complaints about it. I'm not going to get so technical about this BUT this is an obvious issue. And if you think BnS is invested in a good hosting server. You can keep believing. LOL 

"The daily challenges alone can give you 15+ gold." You talk like 15+gold is a lot of gold. -_- So you are telling me, if I login today, then complete Daily Challenges in one hour. All I get is 15+ gold? 15+G per hour? This is with quests. After that your gold per hour drops tremendously. Okay I can buy one Honorary Ornament. I've upgraded all my Legendary Accessories. I'm telling you 15+ gold aint worth crap. I've farmed Tomb and Citadel more than 100 times. Legendary Accessories don't drop everyday. I'd be really lucky if it drops this week. Sure these high dungeons give out items, it doesnt mean you get it all for yourself. Come farm with me, but give me all the loot okay? 

I opened my clan to a lot of low geared players. I realized how hard for them to get Naryu Tablet. For them to upgrade their weapon, they require plenty of Naryu Tablets. Don't give me crap about "They can buy it from dragon express with Heavenly Energy". Daily Challenge rewards give them 4 each day, It will take them atleast three days to get ONE NT! Lol. I'm sure a bunch of you always can't even run with someone under 600AP. Let's not act dumb here. Everyone wants 650+AP for Tomb and Citadel. If you cant carry one 500AP in these dungeons with your 700AP char. Just stop playing. I do have a suggestion for this issue tho. If you have a first time dungeon runner in your pt, Boss loot should be more hefty. I got this idea from a different game. You'll be amazed how many high level characters will take you anywhere.

Yes clans can provide their own events. I can host my own event without a clan. What's your point? 

About battlegrounds, yes you need to survive to defend but you also likely need to kill to capture. Having to go against multiple summoners is always hard match up. It is not impossible but it is a hard match up. I have complete Legendary SS set myself, I will less likely to die if my summoner is next to me. Having Summoner in your team DOES matter even just a little bit (sadly they do offer a lot of stuff). Do you guys even play 6v6? This is worst in WWV, and like I said, not so much for Beluga. 

Also I want to add. PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP aint worth anything anymore. I have been a premium member since launch. It needs rework.

If my grammar sucks, deal with it. Too lazy to proofread. haha

@Yochewy

Whether I'm having fun myself with the game is not what I'm trying to impose to my questions. I asked you simple questions but all you provided are more complaints.

You keep on babbling on an old game that was badly optimized when you're talking about a game that was released 4 years ago. So many things have changed but the fact that you're playing an MMO doesn't mean it can be compared to an FPS game now. MMOs almost always rely on the CPU unlike other games that require more $$$ of a graphics card. A potato PC being able to run it but not higher tier PCs is beyond me. You cannot always install a game and BAM everything's all set. I'm sure you already know that every game has different needs.

So you're gonna ignore the other loots you get from quests just because they're not what you hoped for? Don't be ridiculous. As I've said, there are lots of ways to earn gold aside from running the dungeons too. You even ignored the fact about crafting and gathering there.

You don't need a lot of naryu tablets until you're on the True Breeze path. But there shouldn't be a shortage because you should get lots of naryu tablets by now considering you're farming the right places. I also don't think players are still new when they can do 4-man Lair or even Awakened Necropolis at that point. And so, I searched in the forums for you:

@Grimoir covered this pretty much. Even a 450ap can run them IF they know the mechanics.

Sundered Nexus (fairly good drop rate, can get them from chests)
Mushin Tower (Floor 13/14/15)
Heavenly Energies
Beastbog Treasure Chest (Need to do Grand Harvest event + lucky to get 3 map pieces)
Heroic Dungeons from Silverfrost area drop them aswel (Lair, necro etc)
The Oceanic Weapon Event (you can buy them for a stage 6 weapon)

1 hour ago, Yochewy said:

I'm sure a bunch of you always can't even run with someone under 600AP.

I don't know what you are talking about. And please don't generalize that everyone wants to farm Ebondrake Citadel and Desolate Tomb because there are others who just want to take their time to avoid burning out.

Yes clans can provide their own events. I can host my own event without a clan. What's your point?

You complain of having no clan activities then you ask me what's my point?

About battlegrounds, yes you need to survive to defend but you also likely need to kill to capture.

So I'm just gonna copy this since we had the same experience in WWV.

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

The amount of summoners doesnt matter at ALL. The whole point in beluga and WWV is not to kill but to coordinate and keep the objectives. If you are going in there with the mindset you need to kill ppl to win, you are wrong. Had several matches where the opposing team had 3-4 summoners with 680+ AP and they still lost because we played smart and didnt kill many of them just kept them busy.

Well if you are arguing that you need to kill someone in 6v6 then I'll just say this.

I've been in a group of 4 summoners and 2 melee classes against a team of all FMs and a sin. I have to say that we barely won that match and hardly anyone died. Now why is this? It's simply because it was simply a fight to take the base and defend it.

In order to win all you need is to hold out the longest than the other. That's why players who have done 6v6 a lot simply say do not feed the other team if you are simply going to get killed. Just go somewhere where you know that you are not going to get killed.

1 hour ago, xxxAoi said:

@Yochewy

Whether I'm having fun myself with the game is not what I'm trying to impose to my questions. I asked you simple questions but all you provided are more complaints.

You keep on babbling on an old game that was badly optimized when you're talking about a game that was released 4 years ago. So many things have changed but the fact that you're playing an MMO doesn't mean it can be compared to an FPS game now. MMOs almost always rely on the CPU unlike other games that require more $$$ of a graphics card. A potato PC being able to run it but not higher tier PCs is beyond me. You cannot always install a game and BAM everything's all set. I'm sure you already know that every game has different needs.

So you're gonna ignore the other loots you get from quests just because they're not what you hoped for? Don't be ridiculous. As I've said, there are lots of ways to earn gold aside from running the dungeons too. You even ignored the fact about crafting and gathering there.

You don't need a lot of naryu tablets until you're on the True Breeze path. But there shouldn't be a shortage because you should get lots of naryu tablets by now considering you're farming the right places. I also don't think players are still new when they can do 4-man Lair or even Awakened Necropolis at that point. And so, I searched in the forums for you:

@Grimoir covered this pretty much. Even a 450ap can run them IF they know the mechanics.

I don't know what you are talking about. And please don't generalize that everyone wants to farm Ebondrake Citadel and Desolate Tomb because there are others who just want to take their time to avoid burning out.

You complain of having no clan activities then you ask me what's my point?

So I'm just gonna copy this since we had the same experience in WWV.

Then why are you telling me to change the settings and get the top end PC if there wouldn't be any drastic change. Bad optimized from the start but now its "worse". It may not be the same for everyone, but I'm sure it has gotten worse for me. 

What loot that is so valuable you get from the quest? Please tell me and be more specific. Everyone knows gathering and crafting is not a game changer because the time and cost of materials. Did you really think I've only done one thing in BnS and called it quit? How about give me the run down of what you do to get gold? Give me the amount of time we need to earn amount of satisfying gold.

Did you even read the stuff I said about low levels? No one would take 450AP. If you think 450AP can solo everything, you have to be trolling. How about you show us how its done being a 450AP? Thanks. You can write it here. It will be a good guide for low geared players. Instead of you making a point here. Make a guide for them. For all I know they are the most affected ones with these current issues. Like I said my clan have taken a bunch of low geared players to help them progress. It is not easy. LOL Btw dont forget the accessories as well, those requires Naryu Tablet. Just give us the run down on how to get these. I also dont understand how can you say this is easy for them. If you can prove me wrong, all low geared players can be happy including me. 

Okay it doesnt mean you win few times against a bunch of Summoners, does not mean they are nothing to worry about. If you have two or more summoners in the team, you have higher chances of winning. Yes, if a good player defending, you need to kill in order to recapture points. I dont recall winning without killing anyone unless theyre all afk. We all know summoners are one of the best defenders in 6v6. The more you add summoners, the harder it gets to recapture points. I don't want to login but can you please screenshot all rankings of 6v6? Thank you. 

On 11/7/2016 at 11:28 PM, Farica said:

It amazes me the number of people complaining about this game.

You should stop bitching and just play.

It amazes me that people can see this many people complaining about a game and not have the intellectual wherewithal to realize that maybe, just maybe, its cause the game provides ample reason to complain?

But hey, for some folks sticking their heads in the sand works.

Anyways, arent you here bitching about people bitching? If the games so enjoyable, why arent you playing instead of whining about people complaining?

Hmm?

What loot that is so valuable you get from the quest? Please tell me and be more specific. Everyone knows gathering and crafting is not a game changer because the time and cost of materials. Did you really think I've only done one thing in BnS and called it quit? How about give me the run down of what you do to get gold? Give me the amount of time we need to earn amount of satisfying gold.

The whole point behind profitable crafting is to eliminate the material costs by farming them. If you are looking to make a good profit out of crafting where you buy all the materials then just stop doing it cause you are doing it completely wrong. There are crafted items that sella 10g a piece and you get 1-7 of them with 1 craft, some, dungeon drops bring gold too if you arent lazy to run them.

Did you even read the stuff I said about low levels? No one would take 450AP. If you think 450AP can solo everything, you have to be trolling. How about you show us how its done being a 450AP? Thanks. You can write it here. It will be a good guide for low geared players. Instead of you making a point here. Make a guide for them. For all I know they are the most affected ones with these current issues. Like I said my clan have taken a bunch of low geared players to help them progress. It is not easy. LOL Btw dont forget the accessories as well, those requires Naryu Tablet. Just give us the run down on how to get these. I also dont understand how can you say this is easy for them. If you can prove me wrong, all low geared players can be happy including me. 

You seem to forget we all were 450 AP at some point and managed just fine. Not to mention getting 550 AP at them moment is so easy even a brain dead person can do it and 550 AP is more than enough for all the current dungeons.

As for Naryu Tablets, i get at least 2-3 a day by just doing dailies, accumulated 476 of them now, so they are very easy to get, but if you need a rundown:

Sundered Nexus (fairly good drop rate, can get them from chests)
Mushin Tower (Floor 13/14/15)
Heavenly Energies
Beastbog Treasure Chest (Need to do Grand Harvest event + lucky to get 3 map pieces)
Heroic Dungeons from Silverfrost area drop them aswel (Lair, necro etc)

Also a lot of mini-events have them as prizes too.

Okay it doesnt mean you win few times against a bunch of Summoners, does not mean they are nothing to worry about. If you have two or more summoners in the team, you have higher chances of winning. Yes, if a good player defending, you need to kill in order to recapture points. I dont recall winning without killing anyone unless theyre all afk. We all know summoners are one of the best defenders in 6v6. The more you add summoners, the harder it gets to recapture points. I don't want to login but can you please screenshot all rankings of 6v6? Thank you. 

Gives it does make it a bit more forgiving by having summs in team however that doesnt mean you loose. Again, the point isnt to kill but to stall and keep people busy. If you go solo against 2-3 summoners and try to kill, you will die and be a liability for the team, its way better to just keep them from taking it and avoiding battle, you will benefit the team more with that as you will also keep 2-3 people busy from other things.(Also to add that while i am a summ myself, at least 50% of the summoner population are just braindead players who have no clue what they are doing)

Yea, I'm burnt too. Its built up over time. I keep coming back, stopping for a long time then coming back only top stop again. Yesterday I logged in but just stayed at the toon select screen until the game kicks me, that's usually some hours or a day tops. The rng is what puts me off alot. You work hard, put in the hours, effort and money but the reward you get is a SMALL CHANCE at getting something, not actually getting it or having a remotely good chance(say, one in 100) at getting it.

I've literally done over 100 dailies since dailies came into play and I've got 100g once, on one toon. Can't remember the last time I got 10g. Then there all the avenues that bring in 20, 30, 50, 100, 200 gold per day but first require you to have high tier gear and high ap to pass the elitists' (and actual requirements) checks so as to be able to run the most recent content efficiently. Then to get the high tier gear and ap you need gold to upgrade the weapons but to get the gold you need to have very good rng at least twice(two 1000g bundles), buy the gold either though ctrl+c or illegally(like most people do, dont lie). The game's visuals etc are the best I've seen in an mmo but the progression mechanic is abysmal. You literally have to take the game on almost as a second job in order to progress.

This is why I just turned to casual grinding and outfit collecting but now even that's a burnout and a money sink too, cause there's no way you can collect outfits faster than you collect gold to sell for hm coin to buy space expansion. So you gotta pay 12 dollars every month to collect outfits as fast and as you want. Its the main reason I currently have a limited amount of cash shop outfits per toon, else I'd probably have three or two times as much outfits per toon knowing I can swap them in and out of wardrobe as I please.

Also on this note, one cash shop outfit price average is 1200nCoin, that's almost 20 dollars(1600nCoin == 20 dollars) if wardrobe was free NCSOFT would have seen AT LEAST 20 dollars from me EVERY OTHER FRIDAY(outfit rotation) instead of seeing no money at all or 12 dollars every 2 or 3 months lol. I just speak for me though, idk how much people actually farm gold to buy outfits anymore given the shit rates and insane amount of gold you'd have to sell to get 1600hmCoin, gold which is better put towards upgrading gear. 

So yea, since my last and only interest that kept me tied to the game often is behind a monthly, tri monthly and yearly payment, I think I'll just lurk from the sidelines and see what the game evolves into. There is no way I'm paying for prem JUST to store outfits. I'm not a hardcore grinder so the rest of effects are just meh, again, I speak just for me.

On 05/11/2016 at 11:36 PM, Yochewy said:

• no class balance
  • 6v6 matchmaking is crap
  • missing item level feature kills the LFP in F8
  • gems
  • getting legendary and upgrading it is a boring farmfest
  • drop rate for items unlocking HM skills is a joke

the agressive patch content was totally stupid and burned out everyone, the way they released content was crazy, even with no job i couldnt keep up. No offense but the person responsible of patch should be fire seriously. you can't release 3 years of "koreans content" in one year in "NA/EU" we arent pro farmers.

For me,i choosed to pvp only cause pve content like i said was has been released by monkeys but this month jonathan backstabed us, he told us keep your bravery HM skills gonna be reduced next patch and when patch came out "BOOM" now you need new tokens to buy it and if you know your basic in math you'll see that the HM prices are almost higher than before.

Archived