Forums

Burned out due to lack of storage for outfits

Blizzard

I'm an outfit collector and I've been playing BnS for cosmetics and costumes. Unfortunately my storage is finally full and I'm unable to farm or buy outfits anymore. The lack of wardrobe access for non-paid users is taking away the fun of collecting outfits from me. I'm realizing that this game is essentially not free to play for players like me who plays for cosmetics. I've had a good time playing this game. It's unfortunate that I'm leaving for such reason. I want to thank all the players who had helped me in game. Have a wonderful day, and farewell.

A few months ago they were giving away a 7-day premium for free for everyone who were playing still. If you didnt have that, sad life. Outfits are nothing in this game so, you are playing it wrong :D. You can always buy a premium for 1 month and store those outfits in, its not that big of a deal.

Thing is we shouldn't have to pay for the use of a wardrobe. NA/ EU is the ONLY version of the game that requires the players to buy a premium to use that feature. Korea, CN, TW, JP.. all of them you get the Wardrobe for free, they offer premium services too but they get more and better items for theirs then we do.

And the FTP argument won't work cause CN, TW and I believe JP are all FTP (i think someone said Korea was P2P) so we're paying for something the rest of he world for BnS gets free.

Every publisher decides what to do with the premium benefits themselves. Since Tencent are the publisher in the east its completely different for them. I would love to see the wardrobe for all players, but its not something so important or needed. If you want to collect costumes, get a month of premium and store them all in. But I dont see a reason for that tbh.

PS: Those regions have timer on most of the outfits (15/30 days) and the ones that are not on a timer cost too much to have. IF NC wanted to make money out of the players, they couldve use that.

4 hours ago, NightFer said:

A few months ago they were giving away a 7-day premium for free for everyone who were playing still. If you didnt have that, sad life. Outfits are nothing in this game so, you are playing it wrong :D. You can always buy a premium for 1 month and store those outfits in, its not that big of a deal.

Hate to sound like Im attacking you, but to judge how someone plays their game is wrong. People play games for a variety of reasons, there is no wrong or right way to playing a game. It is after all, just a game. Also buying premium is what they want you to do, because obviously it means more money for them. But you see this is the problem. Rather than elevating people's stress and anger through actual quality of life updates (the cost for equipment upgrades and presence of brilliant keys was a good move but came way too late), we are essentially stuck between a rock and a hard place. If you're frustrating your players to make them buy QoL stuff, chances are they wont stick around long. NCSOFT knows this, why else does so many moves seem like a giant cashgrab? 

@BlizzardI assume you are a freemium player and don't use money to buy items. Depending on the amount you play in a day you could easily buy a premium membership (90 days) from another player. Once in a while you will see people selling it for around 400 g and that is around the price of two outfits which should not be impossible to get bit by bit over 90 days. I know it's risky but it's one solution if only the wardrobe is the issue for you to leave the game. Buying premium from other players is risky unless you find really trustworthy seller and also this is how I keep up my wardrobe as I am an outfit collector also.

On the other hand I think you are using this as an excuse to leave the game due to other reasons and that's fine. It was nice having you here even though I don't know you.

7 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

@BlizzardI assume you are a freemium player and don't use money to buy items. Depending on the amount you play in a day you could easily buy a premium membership (90 days) from another player. Once in a while you will see people selling it for around 400 g and that is around the price of two outfits which should not be impossible to get bit by bit over 90 days. I know it's risky but it's one solution if only the wardrobe is the issue for you to leave the game. Buying premium from other players is risky unless you find really trustworthy seller and also this is how I keep up my wardrobe as I am an outfit collector also.

Despite the vulnerability to scammers, this is definitely a viable method to obtain premium and a free wardrobe. However, it is also based on the assumption that players have enough free time to farm for gold. Since time = money, it'd be safe to say that just pulling out the credit card would be the fastest answer to everything. But, IMO, premium as it is now is not worth paying out for. Especially if it's done in order just to unlock a QOL feature such as the wardrobe.

Personally, I despise the dependency on having a membership that the wardrobe creates. Once the membership ends, the wardrobe is inaccessible and you have the unsavory choice of either leaving your purchased and painstakingly farmed costumes inside to rot, or take them out and lose access to 90% of your inventory space. As for the former option, I don't believe anyone would want to pay or farm and collect just in order to have some square icons to gloat over that only they themselves can see.

3 hours ago, PooHie said:

As a F2P player, I've never had this issue. I slowly sell Gold through Ctrl + C until I have enough to buy Premium every 3 months. It's not that hard.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but you are implicating that you can purchase premium membership using hongmoon coins. How is this possible?

7 minutes ago, Khaen said:

Despite the vulnerability to scammers, this is definitely a viable method to obtain premium and a free wardrobe. However, it is also based on the assumption that players have enough free time to farm for gold. Since time = money, it'd be safe to say that just pulling out the credit card would be the fastest answer to everything. But, IMO, premium as it is now is not worth paying out for. Especially if it's done in order just to unlock a QOL feature such as the wardrobe.

Personally, I despise the dependency on having a membership that the wardrobe creates. Once the membership ends, the wardrobe is inaccessible and you have the unsavory choice of either leaving your purchased and painstakingly farmed costumes inside to rot, or take them out and lose access to 90% of your inventory space. As for the former option, I don't believe anyone would want to pay or farm and collect just in order to have some square icons to gloat over that only they themselves can see.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but you are implicating that you can purchase premium membership using hongmoon coins. How is this possible?

Sorry, they actually took it out, but I buy it from friends now, using Gold equivalent to the current Ctrl + C currency. I mean out of all friends/clan members there has to be at least one who spends money and buys gold.

1 hour ago, Khaen said:

If only for the wardrobe yes I admit it is expensive and totally not worth it but at high ranks and especially if you play more it is worth it. I think I could not anymore play without having access to my vault everywhere (rank 9 benefit I think) and for me just these two benefits are totally worth it since hey it's just in game gold that I spend. Over 3 months it is more than achievable with just doing DC, some other dungeons and crafting high profit items. Just don't pick any guild that requires insane amounts of mats or farming for the mats.

2 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

If only for the wardrobe yes I admit it is expensive and totally not worth it but at high ranks and especially if you play more it is worth it. I think I could not anymore play without having access to my vault everywhere (rank 9 benefit I think) and for me just these two benefits are totally worth it since hey it's just in game gold that I spend. Over 3 months it is more than achievable with just doing DC, some other dungeons and crafting high profit items. Just don't pick any guild that requires insane amounts of mats or farming for the mats.

Sadly for me the issue is time lol. I only have 1-2 hours of free time each day to play. Which is another reason why premium isn't worth it for me. If I had more time to play, I'd probably pay for premium, but as it is, it just doesn't feel worth it.

At the moment, I feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot whenever I buy or acquire a new costume. I don't like the feeling of being cornered into having to pay to free up inventory space, and then never being able to retrieve anything afterwards when premium dies. It is sad.

8 minutes ago, Khaen said:

At the moment, I feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot whenever I buy or acquire a new costume. I don't like the feeling of being cornered into having to pay to free up inventory space, and then never being able to retrieve anything afterwards when premium dies. It is sad.

Not to mention if you want to get hongmoon outfits it requires closer to 200-250 gold per outfit so adding that up it is indeed insane amount of farming to keep up with 1. gearing 2. buying outfits and 3. keeping up with premium. I probably would be closer to Stage 6 legendary if i never spent so much on outfits. XD I on the other hand have time to farm enough in no time so I can keep funding myself with premium.

10 hours ago, Khaen said:

there are trusted people on your server that will sell premium to you for gold. there is 1 on my server that everyone is buying premium from, with gold. if they not have a good reputation / they are known, then don't buy it off dodgy people.

11 hours ago, Nattia said:

there are trusted people on your server that will sell premium to you for gold. there is 1 on my server that everyone is buying premium from, with gold. if they not have a good reputation / they are known, then don't buy it off dodgy people.

Thanks for your concern, haha, but I have no issues in buying premium. I can easily afford it on my credit card; I just don't find the cost justifying the ....benefits at the moment. I was merely confused at your original statement about buying premium with hongmoon coins, which you have already cleared up. : )

Also, this is getting very off topic, apologies to the OP.

On 11/5/2016 at 0:26 AM, NightFer said:

Every publisher decides what to do with the premium benefits themselves. Since Tencent are the publisher in the east its completely different for them. I would love to see the wardrobe for all players, but its not something so important or needed. If you want to collect costumes, get a month of premium and store them all in. But I dont see a reason for that tbh.

PS: Those regions have timer on most of the outfits (15/30 days) and the ones that are not on a timer cost too much to have. IF NC wanted to make money out of the players, they couldve use that.

Timer outfit is only on CN, not sure about KR. TW outfit usually cost 340 ncoins or 480 ncoins for set and JP/TW is published by their respective region NCSoft, only CN is published by Tencent

It amazes me the number of people complaining about this game.

I played WoW for along time. Everytime there was an upgrade it cost $39. How many upgrades have we had now with B&S? 6 or more/

how much did it cost us? $0.00

You should stop bitching and just play.

On 11/5/2016 at 1:09 PM, Blizzard said:

I'm an outfit collector and I've been playing BnS for cosmetics and costumes. Unfortunately my storage is finally full and I'm unable to farm or buy outfits anymore. The lack of wardrobe access for non-paid users is taking away the fun of collecting outfits from me. I'm realizing that this game is essentially not free to play for players like me who plays for cosmetics. I've had a good time playing this game. It's unfortunate that I'm leaving for such reason. I want to thank all the players who had helped me in game. Have a wonderful day, and farewell.

You can always buy premium for in-game gold.

I like collecting outfits as well and the closet thing does suck but I like the game too much to quit over my must collect everything, 100% completion of games self, hahaha. I've finally just started selling the ones that I know I won't wear anymore at all because the other ones I have I like better. I also just avoid the ones that look horrible on my character (which too many do on Lyns....). Everyone plays games for a lot of different reasons and there is nothing wrong with enjoying a game more for cosmetics than game play or story. I used to play and was into the story and would take time to read all the quests and what the npcs would say but slowly I turned to just game play itself and click through everything really fast just to play again. Anyone judging should really cut it out.

8 hours ago, ElectricPotato said:

Wardrobe for all players= more players buying more outfits from F10

Although this makes premium look less shiny, maybe slip in a fresh bonus for premium.

Copy and pasted this comment I recently made elsewhere;

Also on this note, one cash shop outfit price average is1200nCoin, that's almost 20 dollars(1600nCoin == 20 dollars) if wardrobe was free NCSOFT would have seen AT LEAST 20 dollars from me EVERY OTHER FRIDAY(outfit rotation) instead of seeing no money at all or 12 dollars every 2 or 3 months lol. I just speak for me though, idk how much people actually farm gold to buy outfits anymore given the shit rates and insane amount of gold you'd have to sell to get 1600hmCoin, gold which is better put towards upgrading gear. 

So yea, since my last and only interest that kept me tied to the game often is behind a monthly, tri monthly and yearly payment, I think I'll just lurk from the sidelines and see what the game evolves into. There is no way I'm paying for prem JUST to store outfits. I'm not a hardcore grinder so the rest of effects are just meh, again, I speak just for me.

These are my sentiments on that matter but thats just me, I didn't think there were others sharing the same.

Archived