Forums

FM skill broken

Leodore

4 minutes ago, Fufia said:

I dont play FM and dont know the skill!

Is a error in translation it should not happen! in a importan thing like skills much less

But ok It happened why all this time to fix?

Exactly, this skill has been out for quite a while, and IF it's a wrong translation, then why is it not fixed yet?

I still want to know how someone mistranslates "1" into "5", not "one" into "five", but literally "1" into "5"... -_____-; sigh
I would not have spent dedicated in-game time and resources to earning this skill so much if this was not the case.

At least I use this skill for lvl 20 black ram dungeon. It's nice to kill 5 trash mobs by one hit. ;-)

Anyway, I don't know what's your problem. You're right if you say "after some month this issue isn't fixed and it needs only few seconds to fix it - i can't beleave it", but the way how you rage about it ... that's not ok. Just report it in a correctly way and next update it's may fixed. You will need this unlocked hm skill in any case, so it's no waste at all. I know it's not nice to hear that you plan doesn't work without this focus reg, but what can we do for you? Write a ticket if you want, but we can't help you except giving you informations about this skill.

At least I think there would be a sentence like "regenerate focus up to 5 times" and that's why they got a 5 and not a 1. It's not that big fail, just a normal fail by any human. If nobody fixed it ... I think nobody reported this wrong translation befor and how NCSoft can fix something they don't see at all?

27 minutes ago, Half said:

At least I use this skill for lvl 20 black ram dungeon. It's nice to kill 5 trash mobs by one hit. ;-)

Anyway, I don't know what's your problem. You're right if you say "after some month this issue isn't fixed and it needs only few seconds to fix it - i can't beleave it", but the way how you rage about it ... that's not ok. Just report it in a correctly way and next update it's may fixed. You will need this unlocked hm skill in any case, so it's no waste at all. I know it's not nice to hear that you plan doesn't work without this focus reg, but what can we do for you? Write a ticket if you want, but we can't help you except giving you informations about this skill.

At least I think there would be a sentence like "regenerate focus up to 5 times" and that's why they got a 5 and not a 1. It's not that big fail, just a normal fail by any human. If nobody fixed it ... I think nobody reported this wrong translation befor and how NCSoft can fix something they don't see at all?

Far from raging about it, but annoyed that people are coming at me with responses like, the skill is pointless, change your rotation, etc etc etc, when that wasn't what the topic is about. 2ndly, I hope it was something similar to "regenerates focus up to 5 times" instead of "regenerates 1 focus per enemy hit", even still, this seems like such a huge mistranslation in either case, but at least your example explains the "5" part. This has been reported to the team, thankfully, and now I can just sit back and wait for it to be changed properly one way or another. 

1 hour ago, SoulsHunter said:

Even if they change the translation and fix it the skill is the same. It is only supposed to generate 1 focus per hit. I feel your pain but r.i.p.

Either way, it needs to be addressed and resolved, no excuses this far into the game for this type of thing :) What a bullshit HM skill though if that's all it does, it literally gets a tiny tiny boost in damage, and it can hit +2 more targets with minimal damage -_-; 2 skill points for that + a bunch of things in order to even acquire the skill. Would make way more sense due to the effort, and nature of the skill to do what it says now. But yea, I understand it's just a shitty as mistranslation. Just means I wasted my time pursuing something with my time and resources. Thanks NCsoft <3 

3 hours ago, Leodore said:

Just means I wasted my time pursuing something with my time and resources.

If it was that hard for you to get it and took that long don't you think it might be possible to check the internet for 2 minutes to see that the translation is wrong? It doesn't change the fact that the translation is wrong but come on. It's common knowledge that the game has many translation errors and such things and then you think a skill which can hit up to 5 enemies will recover 5 focus per enemy even if you can have a maximum of 10 focus? This makes no sense, dude.

2 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

SoooIf it was that hard for you to get it and took that long don't you think it might be possible to check the internet for 2 minutes to see that the translation is wrong? It doesn't change the fact that the translation is wrong but come on. It's common knowledge that the game has many translation errors and such things and then you think a skill which can hit up to 5 enemies will recover 5 focus per enemy even if you can have a maximum of 10 focus? This makes no sense, dude.

Soooooooo, It's shame on me for expecting a "generates 5 focus per enemy hit" to have some kind of room for translation error (some things make sense for errors to happen, especially when you translate from an asian language to an indo-european language like English, THIS is not one of those, even with google translate, that I assure), but that aside I should research each and every skill online to make sure? Because, if not, the shame is on me? It's my fault? Interesting. Should I also research every item? Quest? Mob and boss? What about gear and Soul shields? Where does the line get drawn? Come on, stop and think about how ludicrous that sounds for a moment... please... 

5 focus per enemy hit makes alot more sense than you're argument of maximum focus is 10 yada yada, a multiple of FM skills give more than 10 focus per second, and the time it takes to hit 5 targets with this skill is about 2 seconds. Sooooooo yea, there's that -_____-; 

1 hour ago, Leodore said:

a multiple of FM skills give more than 10 focus per second

Tell me just 1 skill, pls.

1 hour ago, Leodore said:

and the time it takes to hit 5 targets with this skill is about 2 seconds

And? What do you want to do in that time that you need such amounts of focus?

We are far away from the topic, I know but your arguments are only useless. There is only 1 skill which can eat your focus that fast: Dragonchar. In 2 seconds you don#t even reached maximum speed. What do you want as your rotation? Dragonchar 3 times without any sense than flame palm to generate 25 focus and repeat? No matter what you are doing. Your main focus generator is flame palm and it is also your main dps skill. There is no way to run out of focus permanently and having still good dps. No correction of any translation will help you.

25 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Tell me just 1 skill, pls.

And? What do you want to do in that time that you need such amounts of focus?

We are far away from the topic, I know but your arguments are only useless. There is only 1 skill which can eat your focus that fast: Dragonchar. In 2 seconds you don#t even reached maximum speed. What do you want as your rotation? Dragonchar 3 times without any sense than flame palm to generate 25 focus and repeat? No matter what you are doing. Your main focus generator is flame palm and it is also your main dps skill. There is no way to run out of focus permanently and having still good dps. No correction of any translation will help you.

I think you are confused, I'm not saying the skill SHOULD be this, i'm saying that's what it reads and that the "mistranslation" is absolutely ridiculous. 

Also, I apologize, what I meant to say was "with multilple" you can generate more than 10 focus per second, and can burn more than 10 focus per second as well. Needless to say, I was not trying to burn 25 focus, that would be insane, however, being able to let out a flame palm randomly to generate 5 focus instead of 1 (2 if you're lucky) and (100% if you proc your weapon). 

Regardless of any of this, The skill should read correctly, period.
This conversation is not the topic and i've stated that this has been reported to the "powers that be", you decided to come on and continue this, not me X_X 

I'm satisfied for now to know that this has been brought to the attention of the staff, I originally thought the skill did not work correctly, but seeing as this is how it operates on other servers, I SERIOUSLY doubt multiple servers have not noticed this, thus it begs to reason that the fault is (somehow) a mistranslation. This doesn't change the fact that i'm displeased of the outcome of this conclusion, as i'm sure nobody would be happy about being mislead. However, this is nothing more I can do, so I will wait patiently. 

So that being said, if you or anyone else would kindly step off and let this thread sink into the pagination, that'd be great. Thanks ^_^

some of you people need to stop trolling and need to start to know how to understand the topic... too much bullying on the OP when most of the answer is off topic... what if the skill is useless or you guys never want to use it... the point is there is a bug/error on the game... stop being a d%€k and learn how to understand...

Well..it is because the topic is misleading. The FM skill is not broken. It is mis-translated. Instead of posting it in forum, you should send a ticket to NCsoft for them to make a proper translation along with the next big patch. Also, they can tell you instantly if it is actually translation problem or the skill is not working as intended. 

Also, even if it is translation problem, you can put your skill points from that skills to other skills if you feel that this skill is useless. This is B&S. You can change skills all the time and they are not fixed. 

Archived