Jump to content
Forums

FM skill broken


Leodore

Recommended Posts

This is a hongmoon skill, something I worked very hard to get for this very reason. 
I finally achieved my goal, got the hongmoon skill, and bam, it doesn't work  -_-; 

The skill says it recovers 5 focus per enemy hit, and it hits up to maximum of 5 consecutive enemies.
Which means at minimum, even on a solo target it should generate 5 focus, and a maximum (in ideal situations), it should generate up to 25 focus.

 

However, it does NONE of these things, except that it can hit up to 5 targets, but it generates only 1 focus per enemy hit, instead of 5. 

 

Again, i worked very hard to get this skill for pve, but yet it doesn't do what it says. 

I'm not sure if this is a new problem or not, and I know nobody really uses this skill as many would prefer the other two versions of the hm skill, but this should really be looked at and fixed. Forcemasters struggle alot with focus management and I find myself often times in pve without focus, this skill is obviously supposed to aid this problem. 

 

Screenshot_5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong translation (and german translation depends from english translation -> wrong too).  Correct it have to be: Generates 1 Focus per enemy hit

On bnstree you can read the correct translation.

 

Btw how do you want to use 25 focus while you just can get 10 focus? ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The skill takes about 2 seconds to hit all 5 targets, and we can burn more than 10 focus in 2 seconds, soooo it's pretty darn useful. 
It solves our focus management problem, or at least helps with it. 

This is literally the only reason I even cared about putting so much time into earning this skill......... 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

there are many ways to kill off 10 focus in 2 seconds. This is ridiculous, all of that effort to achieve something that isn't even true? This game has been out long enough, a skill "wrong translation" is not an excuse -_-; I will not accept this as an excuse, how has this never been addressed?!? This skill is not a new skill to this version of the game, right? It's been in the game for a while right?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be happy that you don't play with ger client. Never have seen such bad translations in any game (worse then english translation). Ofcourse it's not an excuse, but your hm skill is not wasted at all. In past we had 2 different skills on FM with same name.

 

Anyway, I never run out of focus. I don't know what are you doing (can't help you as long as you don't want to tell me ^^).

Link to post
Share on other sites

thus the secret sauce, my build, my stats, my everything is different than pretty much any FM i have come across, and that includes my skill build out and rotations. This all combined leads to me burning focus like crazy, and the only hitch i run into is when i'm out of focus (which happens fairly often, unless i get the fortunate proc from weapon). 

Thankfully german server is not my problem, nor my concern. This was as obvious as the sun rising, and should not be a problem at this point in the game. I simply can't believe that something so simple, so obvious, and so stupid has slipped through. This needs to be addressed. Period. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like it was stated above the skill works as intended (generates 1 focus per target hit), its just bad translation and it should be Hits 5 targets and generates 1 focus per hit. I dont know what build are you using and how are you running out of focus for 2 seconds but having this skill specced wount fix your chi problems. Instead it lowers your dmg output pretty hard (since you are not using the T5/S2 one that deals massive dmg over time).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be good if you use short fuse "think the left side tree" to regain some focus while spamming attacks, also stacking 5 ember stack "hit enemy with 5 blazing palm" than hitting them with force blast, at this point you spam left mouse right mouse blazing beam on repeat "add some fury if you want and so on".

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Leodore said:

thus the secret sauce, my build, my stats, my everything is different than pretty much any FM i have come across, and that includes my skill build out and rotations. This all combined leads to me burning focus like crazy, and the only hitch i run into is when i'm out of focus (which happens fairly often, unless i get the fortunate proc from weapon). 

Maybe you should use a usefull build and no bullshit that makes you generate no focus. Blazing palm is your main dps skill btw. and this skill generates a lot of focus but whatever. You said you dont need any advice so go ahead with whatever you do.

 

The skill translation is wrong, thats right but because no one should use that spec it doesnt really matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I may have been unclear somewhere. I'm not really asking for build advice, or rotation advice :/ 

But I thank you anyways
This is about how being mislead into devoting time into something, whether a bug or a mistranslation, it needs to be resolved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Maybe you should use a usefull build and no bullshit that makes you generate no focus. Blazing palm is your main dps skill btw. and this skill generates a lot of focus but whatever. You said you dont need any advice so go ahead with whatever you do.

 

The skill translation is wrong, thats right but because no one should use that spec it doesnt really matter.

My build generates focus, plenty of it, but not enough. I'm sorry that I don't use the copy + paste rotation of things, I believe this game has more flexibility than that, and focus management is the only challenge i'm running into, not dps, not anything else, just focus management. This skill was promising to resolve this for me. It does not, thus I'm bringing attention to the issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leodore said:

My build generates focus, plenty of it, but not enough. I'm sorry that I don't use the copy + paste rotation of things, I believe this game has more flexibility than that, and focus management is the only challenge i'm running into, not dps, not anything else, just focus management. This skill was promising to resolve this for me. It does not, thus I'm bringing attention to the issue. 

There is no issue here. This skill you mentioned (T5/S3 Blazing Palm) is useless in boss fights whatsoever, even if it generated 5 focus as you suggested, just because you are sacreficing over 30% of your dmg for using a useless focus generation skill that is slow in cast and practically does no dmg.

 

Im only guessing you are trying to use T5/S1 dragonchar and you are working around it with your build but have that in mind this skill requires 3 chi to cast and if you want it more than 3 times per use you either need to use Short Fuse (T2-3/S1) to generate focus over time and pray for a weapon proc just because we are missing a vital element in using that skill, the focus generation soul. Until then, using that skill ONLY for the awakened form of it (with WL in party), every other scenario leans towards blazing beam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AhComplicate said:

If you ever test out the skill instead of reading what the dev fail to to translate you would know.

And how exactly was I to test out a HM skill before I earned it? 

Explain that logic to me please -_-;

 

 

22 minutes ago, NightFer said:

There is no issue here. This skill you mentioned (T5/S3 Blazing Palm) is useless in boss fights whatsoever, even if it generated 5 focus as you suggested, just because you are sacreficing over 30% of your dmg for using a useless focus generation skill that is slow in cast and practically does no dmg.

 

Im only guessing you are trying to use T5/S1 dragonchar and you are working around it with your build but have that in mind this skill requires 3 chi to cast and if you want it more than 3 times per use you either need to use Short Fuse (T2-3/S1) to generate focus over time and pray for a weapon proc just because we are missing a vital element in using that skill, the focus generation soul. Until then, using that skill ONLY for the awakened form of it (with WL in party), every other scenario leans towards blazing beam.

I'm not here to discuss my build to be honest, or my rotation. Thank you for your concern and advice though. 

 

9 minutes ago, Fufia said:

Amazing how ppl ignores the topic (and yea i see this alots same guys cant admit NCS failures)

Just admit big fail 1 more NCS and no excuse. 

 

Yes, see, I speak multiple languages, English being my native language. I could understand IF the skill was mistranslated because of some peculiar nuance of a word, I could also understand if the skill was kinda new to the game. However, this is the number 5 versus the number 1. Literally, how do you mistranslate 1, for the number 5??? My mind is blown. Beyond that, this skill has been in the game for quite a while now, and the problem still exists? so either someone mistranslated a number 1 into a number 5 (which seems absolutely clinical), or it's not working correctly. I'd rather it be a broken skill, than something a stupid as a numerical 1 to a 5 (which if i'm not mistaken, the original game uses arabic numerals for these types of things too, just like english does), that is literally an almost impossible mistranslation >_<; I hope, i hope, i hope this is a bug, and not something as ridiculous as a mistranslation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Big fail what? Its not anything game breaking :D Like I said already it wount make ANY difference if the skill recovers 1 or 5 chi per target hit :D The solo use of that skill is for large battles (like in 6v6 or mob crowds) where you are able to hit more than 1 target at a time. 

It doesn't matter your particular "opinion" about whether a skill is worthless or not, for me, the difference between what the skill reads, and what the skill does is a huge difference that does make a difference. AGAIN, not here to discuss whether you see my build, rotation, or way of playing the game is up to your liking or approval. The  skill doing what it says it would do would greatly improve my gameplay, and I don't particularly care if it makes sense or not to you. It's my style, my build, my rotation and it works (except for focus management), THIS would definitely help if it did what it said. Thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fufia said:

Amazing how ppl ignores the topic (and yea i see this alots same guys cant admit NCS failures)

Just admit big fail 1 more NCS and no excuse. 

 

Big fail what? Its not anything game breaking :D Like I said already it wount make ANY difference if the skill recovers 1 or 5 chi per target hit :D The solo use of that skill is for large battles (like in 6v6 or mob crowds) where you are able to hit more than 1 target at a time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Leodore said:

Yes, see, I speak multiple languages, English being my native language. I could understand IF the skill was mistranslated because of some peculiar nuance of a word, I could also understand if the skill was kinda new to the game. However, this is the number 5 versus the number 1. Literally, how do you mistranslate 1, for the number 5??? My mind is blown. Beyond that, this skill has been in the game for quite a while now, and the problem still exists? so either someone mistranslated a number 1 into a number 5 (which seems absolutely clinical), or it's not working correctly. I'd rather it be a broken skill, than something a stupid as a numerical 1 to a 5 (which if i'm not mistaken, the original game uses arabic numerals for these types of things too, just like english does), that is literally an almost impossible mistranslation >_<; I hope, i hope, i hope this is a bug, and not something as ridiculous as a mistranslation. 

Believe it or not, its a mistranslation. The original text should be something like "Recovers 1 focus per target, Hits up to 5 targets", this is how the skill works in all other regions, Im sorry to disappoint you. This is how the skill worked in the past and it will work in the future (if TB doesnt decide to remove it cause noone uses it except you) :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fufia said:

Problem is this make ppl spend time and $ and in the end you dont get what skill say (and is not a hard fix)

No matters if is a shit skill and 99% of ppl dont use.

 

But ok if for you trick ppl make us spend time and $ is no a problem good for you!

Exactly, this is not a small translation issue, this is literally the number "1" being changed to a number "5" >_<; that's such a gross mistranslation, my mind can not wrap around, and it definitely messes with me, I spent quite a bit of time chasing this skill, as it was the HM skill where you had to aquire MANY items and eat them to unlock it. It's literally the only reason I spent so much time towards aquiring this skill. I spent money, bought NCoin, did many other things to be able to set myself up in a way to get this skill. My build was sort of hinging on it to a degree, and now it's all out of the window. Sigh...... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Big fail what? Its not anything game breaking :D Like I said already it wount make ANY difference if the skill recovers 1 or 5 chi per target hit :D The solo use of that skill is for large battles (like in 6v6 or mob crowds) where you are able to hit more than 1 target at a time. 

Problem is this make ppl spend time and $ and in the end you dont get what skill say (and is not a hard fix)

No matters if is a shit skill and 99% of ppl dont use.

 

But ok if for you trick ppl make us spend time and $ is no a problem good for you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fufia said:

Problem is this make ppl spend time and $ and in the end you dont get what skill say (and is not a hard fix)

No matters if is a shit skill and 99% of ppl dont use.

 

But ok if for you trick ppl make us spend time and $ is no a problem good for you!

I opened this particular skill the 3rd day after it was released on EU without spending any money or time, just by playing the game. I dont know what you are implying with this. You open the HM LMB for FM because of the T5/S2 of the skill that boosts your dmg with more than 200%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NightFer said:

I opened this particular skill the 3rd day after it was released on EU without spending any money or time, just by playing the game. I dont know what you are implying with this. You open the HM LMB for FM because of the T5/S2 of the skill that boosts your dmg with more than 200%.

That's why YOU unlocked it, that's how YOU unlocked it, and it works as it read for you and your purpose for it. I'm happy to hear this, and that's awesome. However, that is NOT the case for me, thus why it's egregious.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NightFer said:

I opened this particular skill the 3rd day after it was released on EU without spending any money or time, just by playing the game. I dont know what you are implying with this. You open the HM LMB for FM because of the T5/S2 of the skill that boosts your dmg with more than 200%.

I dont play FM and dont know the skill!

Is a error in translation it should not happen! in a importan thing like skills much less

But ok It happened why all this time to fix?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not the only skill that is wrongly translated and not fixed for your liking. Because its not that important at all. If you have any other issues, send a ticket to the devs to fix that translation for you.

 

End of topic, mods please lock it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...