Good team comps for 4 mans?

Balu07

Greetings again!

So after some year ish absence from the game , we return to the gam with friends, and decided to play some new class (in short).

Excuding my Force master friend the rest of us seems hesitant on picking a class, because of the time consuming gearing process, so i decided to ask the community for tips.

Right now as i know myself and the others mentality, we are going to collect costumes, casual run dungeons and later on with decent gear do 4 mans ofc. No one really is a fan of pvp aside me, trough i am sure they will give a shot to the new 6v6, the focus would be on solo questing and 4 man runs i guess. 

I really dont know what to pick, already have Bm(45) and Warlock(45), and a KFM to (45), and i been debating this new Soul Fighter class, but seems fishy...opinions are waaaay to contradictional, so i am not sure its that viable in dungeon running...or its fun at all, (since i didnt really found kfm to be fun after some time). I considered Assasin, then again not sure what is viable at the moment, and most important...what is viable in korea : Since we are going to get there sooner or later and the balance will stay generally the same as there. 

So my question is, what would be worth to roll for a stable  4 man pve comp and maybe later on  6v6-s.? Anyone got first hand experiance?

Most, if not all group compositions will do any 4man content easily unless there's a call for specific mechanic ( like stealth in ebon or not really necessary, but very useful grab in desolated ).

But assuming you want a 4m group in which you can comfortably roll through any dungeon (at this moment, can't really speak about future mechanic requirements) without being overgeared for it (like most pugs expect you to be) you'll want: a Tank ( BM or KFM ), a bluebuff ( KFM or asn ), a stealth (summ or sin), a Warlock and optionally a grab.

My pick for the very best possible 4m group comp would be KFM + Asn + WL + BD.

12 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

Most, if not all group compositions will do any 4man content easily unless there's a call for specific mechanic ( like stealth in ebon or not really necessary, but very useful grab in desolated ).

But assuming you want a 4m group in which you can comfortably roll through any dungeon (at this moment, can't really speak about future mechanic requirements) without being overgeared for it (like most pugs expect you to be) you'll want: a Tank ( BM or KFM ), a bluebuff ( KFM or asn ), a stealth (summ or sin), a Warlock and optionally a grab.

My pick for the very best possible 4m group comp would be KFM + Asn(or Sum) + WL + BD.

In the place of bd i prefer destro all the way

14 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

BD offers superior grab, more consistent crowd control, more personal damage and a party-wide immunity. Why would you ever bring a des over bd, i mean seriously...

1)i dont need any immunity i have my iframes.

2)i dont trust bds cause they are kids that rolled the class with the least skill but offers the max meanwhile destro working harder to contribute in a pt n i respect that.

So destro all the way

Ps 

Bd is a bad class to say it sweet why whould i want it in pt

7 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

1)i dont need any immunity i have my iframes.

2)i dont trust bds cause they are kids that rolled the class with the least skill but offers the max meanwhile destro working harder to contribute in a pt n i respect that.

So destro all the way

Ps 

Bd is a bad class to say it sweet why whould i want it in pt

Meanwhile if party has people who know how to cc and BD has Soul Badge that allows resetting grab's CD that would be meaning more grabs and more DPS and faster runs than with a destro. Destro offers most of the time lower DPS in general than a BD. I must agree I would prefer experienced BD over des. Not to mention there is possibility that BD can party save in some cases while destro can only protect reviving which is way slower than having whole party saved.

1 minute ago, azraelkun said:

Seriously now bds are no skill ppl why whould u take them in dung like come on now

Destro all the way.

I like hard working ppl not cheap easy lifers

Whut? Sure, BD (and Destroyers too) are easy to use, so what? You can find really bad BD and really good BD, a really good BD is a better party addition ATM than a really good Destroyer.

9 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

BM (Stable tank, Stable DPS, Party Protect)

FM (Burst DPS, Stable DPS, Party Protect)

WL (Soul burn, DPS, Bind Boss)

SUM (Bind Boss, Pin Boss, dps back up, healing back up, tank back up, party protect back up)

I double this party comp. In later dungeons grabs dont work so BD/Destro becomes useless and a burden. In the east FM/Sum/WL have the highest dmg output of all classes.

WL only one u cant replace, SB good ranged dps

KFM or BM (tank, good dps, blue buff on kfm hmblock on bm)

Sin, kfm or bd (blue buff if u chose bm or 2nd if u choose kfm, grab and hm block if u choose kfm)

FM or Sum (good ranged dps, party iframe and ranged protection, heal if u rly need it)

As i see now, how the party is getting more stable right now we have : 

Fm for sure . I guess thats good for any team comp as you ppl say.

Warlock . (or Destro ) Awesome again 2 ranged and a good Soul Burn buff. 

A summoner or KFM player. Any of it is awesome.

And me. Still unsure. Played this Soul fighter upto 15, and not really feeling it . I really dont like the feel, that there are no real combos, and no aerials, you just basically switch stance to go ranged nukespammer from melee jabspammer.

I consider Assasin isntead, but not sure its a good 4th class for this setup...Unless the Summoner guy goes KFM for sure....Not really sure a pet could replace even a moderate tank.  Because i really dont feel like playing Bm right now (it was my first 45 char) 

So how would that setup work with current endgame content?

So if you want to replace SUM with KFM and BM with KFM, lets see:

KFM (tank, dps, minor party buff)

SIN (party stealth, dps, minor party buff)

WL (soul burn, dps, bind boss)

FM (burst dps, stable dps, party protect)

Looks ok to me, but everyone will have to work harder because it is hard to cover each others job.

On 5/11/2016 at 4:26 AM, SoulsHunter said:

So if you want to replace SUM with KFM and BM with KFM, lets see:

KFM (tank, dps, minor party buff)

SIN (party stealth, dps, minor party buff)

WL (soul burn, dps, bind boss)

FM (burst dps, stable dps, party protect)

Looks ok to me, but everyone will have to work harder because it is hard to cover each others job.

Sin minor buff? lol

Well for me I don't really have a main 4man group, but here's one I always run with and we get things done pretty quickly.

Summoner

Soul Fighter 

Destroyer

Forcemaster

or

Summoner

Soul Fighter

Destroyer

Warlock

imo any class is good to run with in 4man as long as people know how to use their class well and know what they are doing.

The best party composition atm is:

You + 3 other people who know what they are doing and how to optimally play their character

Class here doesnt matter since you can clear all 4 mans with just any composition, given some give benefits such as buffs and party immunity but unless you have a full hard on static its hard to gather the ppl.

At the same time, those classes might have best utility but that doesnt mean they know what they are doing and can easily cost you a wipe.

On 04/11/2016 at 2:38 PM, GenericNick said:

BD offers superior grab, more consistent crowd control, more personal damage and a party-wide immunity. Why would you ever bring a des over bd, I mean seriously...

"Superior grab, more consistent crowd control" lmfao. Sounds like someone has no clue about destro.

If it's 4man group I'd go for: 

BM (HM block, tank, block asura orbs etc.)

Sin (Blue buff, party decoy)

FM (Sheath, shield from ranged attacks)

WL (Soulburn, secondary blocker after bm if needed)

No grabs, but a stable group to clear dungeons with steady buffs and party defenses.

Archived