Default Camera Zoom?

Leodore

Soooooo, I dunno if this has been pointed out or not. 
I can't seem to find a default camera zoom setting anywhere. I know you can scroll your mouse wheel to zoom out, and you can set a higher zoom out maximum amount. 

So unless i'm completely missing it, there is not default zoom setting.

As a person who plays a large character, this is a bit of an extra thing I have to do anytime i spawn into anything (especially tag arena), because until I zoom out, my character eats up most of my screen, and I can't even see the enemy until I do so. 

(also, on a side note, I use a controller to play. I know I know, before anyone says it, but I enjoy the extra challenge.)

However, challenge aside, zooming out just to be able to see anything other than my characters massive body is not a challenge, it's just shouldn't be necessary. Small characters like Lyn do not have to deal with this problem, and in all reality, I shouldn't be at a greater disadvantage simply because I didn't choose the smallest race in the game. I already stick out like a sore thumb, why make it so I can't see anything when I spawn in too? 

please, if anyone knows a way to set a default camera zoom amount, please let me know.

And if there isn't an option, why the heck not?! 

Thanks ^_^

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

@PhoenixMitra Could someone please shed some light on this? Or could you please make sure that "they" know that this is STILL an issue in game.

I've talked to many large characters over the past week, and every single one of them has this exact problem. 
Most are seeing it as a disadvantage to large players for no reason :(
Thank you. 

I would like to have it with another reason. I like to play in an immersion way (no GUI, camera next to my char and little bit over the head). I don't want to play the whole time on this way, but in dungeons it makes fun to do that sometimes. The problem is that my cam needs to be zoomed out a bit to change camera position (why?), but I need it zoomed next to my char. It's like in the first screen of the thread opener: I can't see enough.

Archived