Let's just be honest with ourselves here, Auto Detonate is dead

Malign

Okay guys, with the recent update to our force blast allowing insta cast stage 1 inferno I think we need to all come to an agreement that running auto detonate should be officially killed off in pve. Now I have always followed the burn build, but I'm not here to cry about auto det fms even if they irk me to no end. The old argument for auto detonate in a party is that IF the auto det FM can keep burn up 100% of the time by themselves (which I've only seen 3 auto det fms capable of doing despite meeting many more), it's more dps overall for the party. Now I have never agreed with that argument, but even if we consider it being true it's now not the only thing that affects other fms in the party. We need to detonate 5 ember stacks with force blast to use insta cast inferno. If the auto det FM is constantly popping our ember stacks, now you're preventing us from using our rotation properly and actually harming the party dps. So please have some coutesy. If you're alone do whatever you want, but if you're in a party with another fm please do everyone a favor and remove auto detonate.

Just a side note: I do use auto detonate in pvp. I think it's good there for some extra dmg and the fire orbs from stage 1 are better than an unreliable burn dmg bonus in pvp to me. It's not as though it doesn't have a place in the game. I just don't think it belongs in pve builds.

T5S1 Inferno is ~59 AP vs S2 at 13 AP, that's about 1 AP / sec difference - a similar gain to HM LMB and HM Impact, both of which are fairly significant (although not overwhelming) DPS gains.

Hardly something to be ignored.

(for me it's ~1200 DPS gained, not to mention the burst potential)

Inferno has become my 3rd or 4th highest dps dealing move since the update. The instant dmg output is so great it actually does a considerable amount despite the cd. Also don't forget about skill cd resets from legendary weapon. Once with SB and the blue buff i crit over 100k dmg.

Archived