Help me improve my skill ceiling!

Dr SoulReaper

Lately, I have been feeling more and more useless in groups even with SB, and after multi running yeti 4-man my uselessness was made truly apparent when I was constantly being out dpsed by a lock with 75 ap less then me... I feel like I'm doing something seriously wrong if I can't break 10k dps yet someone lower then me is close to 20k dps.

If anyone has builds I could learn to help with this problem it might be able to make me feel like I'm doing something other then being cannon fodder ._. 

(Side note according to the games ping counter I constantly am above 300ms... one of the many joys of living in New Zealand I guess)

As for builds, there's really only 2 for warlocks, full Ice or full Dark. So I don't think there's any way you can go wrong with it, unless you are still using Bombardment+Helix. (also if you don't have HM 4 or HM RMB, that could be the problem)

Dark build is difficult, or I was told "the most complicated rotation of all range class." With high ping, you can miss many Dark Rupture (F) or the Blue Volley (RMB) which can be fatal to your dps.

Ice build is simple, and ping friendly. To be honest, I have never seen anyone use it right. This build for me is the best build you would want for Soulburn. Trigger SB at the right time, no Dark WL or FM can match with the dragoncalls.

If you can make a short video of how you play (on the 3 dummies in Mushin Tower), it would help identifying where you do wrong.

16 minutes ago, Ganhur said:

As for builds, there's really only 2 for warlocks, full Ice or full Dark. So I don't think there's any way you can go wrong with it, unless you are still using Bombardment+Helix. (also if you don't have HM 4 or HM RMB, that could be the problem)

Dark build is difficult, or I was told "the most complicated rotation of all range class." With high ping, you can miss many Dark Rupture (F) or the Blue Volley (RMB) which can be fatal to your dps.

Ice build is simple, and ping friendly. To be honest, I have never seen anyone use it right. This build for me is the best build you would want for Soulburn. Trigger SB at the right time, no Dark WL or FM can match with the dragoncalls.

If you can make a short video of how you play (on the 3 dummies in Mushin Tower), it would help identifying where you do wrong.

I could try but that might not be an accurate representation of how bad my rotation and thus how bad i am since ill probably lag the hell out x.x (curse this sub par computer i swear) and ice build... how hard is that to learn?

1 hour ago, Dr SoulReaper said:

I could try but that might not be an accurate representation of how bad my rotation and thus how bad i am since ill probably lag the hell out x.x (curse this sub par computer i swear) and ice build... how hard is that to learn?

Ice build, try this for Soulburn:

Leech -> 4 -> 3 -> SB -> 4 -> 4 -> 3 -> 4 (this is for Dragoncall alone and no HM4)

As soon as you cast Imprison (3), TAB for soulburn while setting off a dragoncall (4) and Wingstorm (V)

Right after SB take effect, you can quickly cast another set of 4 and V, so in first few seconds, you would throw at least 3 Dragoncalls (6 if have HM and crit on all 3) and 3 Wingstorm. Together with the +70% crit dmg from Leech and SB combined, no Time Distortion or Dark Warlock can match that damage. At the same time, you're taking huge amount of cd off of Leech with all the Dragoncal and 2 Imprison.

Common problem I've seen with ice build is that people don't take advantage the fact that you can take off 12s cd off Leech using 1 Imprison before Soulburn and right after it.

Ice build is a very simple rotation, so I don't think it's anything difficult to learn. Once you can take advantage of the timing alone, you will find how powerful it is. And with Seraph stage 4, the Leech cd won't be much of a problem.

4 hours ago, Ganhur said:

Ice build, try this for Soulburn:

Leech -> 4 -> 3 -> SB -> 4 -> 4 -> 3 -> 4 (this is for Dragoncall alone and no HM4)

As soon as you cast Imprison (3), TAB for soulburn while setting off a dragoncall (4) and Wingstorm (V)

Right after SB take effect, you can quickly cast another set of 4 and V, so in first few seconds, you would throw at least 3 Dragoncalls (6 if have HM and crit on all 3) and 3 Wingstorm. Together with the +70% crit dmg from Leech and SB combined, no Time Distortion or Dark Warlock can match that damage. At the same time, you're taking huge amount of cd off of Leech with all the Dragoncal and 2 Imprison.

Common problem I've seen with ice build is that people don't take advantage the fact that you can take off 12s cd off Leech using 1 Imprison before Soulburn and right after it.

Ice build is a very simple rotation, so I don't think it's anything difficult to learn. Once you can take advantage of the timing alone, you will find how powerful it is. And with Seraph stage 4, the Leech cd won't be much of a problem.

im already noticing huge differences between ice and dark... to the point where i modified my bombard back to volley since im so used to volley spam and changed rupture back to instant cool down while leeching before imprison etc etc xD its gonna take me a bit to get used to what i have to do properly but i should hopefully get it... i hope... haha

• 2 weeks later...

Archived