Minimum AP requirements to LFP

lonelyhydra

This is getting dumb that me and some friends have to throw away Ebondrake/Desolate Tomb runs due to needing to LFP someone in because either someone left or someone DC'D.  Yesterday I had to waste 2 and a half hours in DT because someone with 547 AP joined who only had 109% acc 40% crit and 190% crit damage and insisted he knew the mechanics and wanted to be marker.  We ended up letting him try several times and he didn't know anything about what he was doing and kept wiping us blaming other people because he thought all he had to do was be the furthest.  We kept trying to explain the mechs but he never listened finally I asked him to leave because we could 5 man the dungeon in one go without him there.  But he never left and kept screwing up the run.   Finally when he pressed 4 and started running back i started the fight killing him and we finished it first try.    I'm not against people learning dungeons me and my clan specifically set up learning runs from time to time for such people.  But DO NOT LFP into dungeons if you don't know what to do and if you're not geared for the dungeon no one wants someone who LFPS looking to only get carried.   I'm not saying we need a minimum AP to enter the dungeons but at least to LFP the dungeons.  If people wanna party and get carried thats fine  its the choice of the other people in that party if they wish to carry someone.   But it's not acceptable that people LFP into the "Hardest two dungeons" currently in the game and expect to get carried for free loot/gold.    I'm sure that I am not the first person to say this on these forums and I don't usually use the forums but I am getting so tired of throwing away runs on the last boss due to someone way under geared and not know what they are doing LFPing into them.    As a bottom line I would say Ebondrake Citadel and Desolate tomb minimum AP of 600 to LFP.   Shattered Masts and Asura 500 to LFP.  Rest don't matter due to how easy they are anyways even Masts and Asura probably don't need an AP requirement but at the bare minimum Citadel and DT need one and so do all new coming dungeons they only get harder from here on out not easier.

Nonsense. You will also have 600+, 650+ or even 700+ people who never entered these dungeons even once, having no idea about the mechanics. There is no need to put a 600+ AP barrier for a dungeon which can be run by a complete 500 AP party.

Sorry to hear your experience. I had those kinds too some time ago.

The greatest problem however was behavior not their stat, the one LFPing for your DT run before was clearly a cancerous self proclaimed "pros" which basically waste your time.   When such player enter..i'll let him die and just proceed. I say you did the right thing by burning him. 

I've been in asura and DT run where some ppl have less than 600 (about 411-590 Ap's)  They listened so well and we finished and giggle at the end.   I've been in citadel run too with 637Ap sum who does not know the mech..so we need to instruct him when to attack and when to stop. But he listened so we can finish fine.

Anyway i wish it would be the last you meet such people.

4 hours ago, Leyren said:

Nonsense. You will also have 600+, 650+ or even 700+ people who never entered these dungeons even once, having no idea about the mechanics. There is no need to put a 600+ AP barrier for a dungeon which can be run by a complete 500 AP party.

I admit I am 686 and I still never did Tomb without being carried and due to that I have no clue how to do it. No one wants to teach since it's waste of time for many.

Dungeons that have falty mechanics are the problem here. They only promote solo play and toxicity.

If you take Gloomsdross Incursion, for example, you can 3 man it, but can't 6 man if someone is clueless about it.

18f21f3cf7c249c973418dab3ebae108.jpg
I tried entering Tomb today with my alt. She is a level 49 Sin with 424 AP (Clearly way to low for this dungeon) and to my surprise, i can actually Click Desolate Tomb and actually LFP myself into the dungeon Lobby.

P.S: Before flaming me about this i was just curious and try to see if my level 49 Account can enter Desolate Tomb

Unfortunately, AP never really mattered in your case.  The guy just didn't know anything and regardless of AP he had, he would do the same thing.  He screwed up the mechanics, and you guys wiped.

I would more rather impose a Level restriction than AP cause a person can always rush and buy their way up to 600AP and not even know the mechanics to Blackram Supply Chain.  At least if a person is HM 8-10, you can generally assume (not always, of course) that they have some knowledge of what a mechanic is and can most likely listen when being explained something.  You're still gonna get horrible and clueless people whenever you LFP.  I remember my 600+ 4-man necro party and not a single of the other party members could solo Lycan or died to Pyre Lord at the start.

8 hours ago, AliceInWonderland said:

I tried entering Tomb today with my alt. She is a level 49 Sin with 424 AP (Clearly way to low for this dungeon) and to my surprise, i can actually Click Desolate Tomb and actually LFP myself into the dungeon Lobby.

P.S: Before flaming me about this i was just curious and try to see if my level 49 Account can enter Desolate Tomb

Yes. In fact you can LFP Bloodshade harbor without actually having walldash.  While the dungeon clearly state that it need wall dash to enter :S Probably the restriction only implemented in the open world gateway not the X-server dungeon.

I can totally relate to you, today I had awful runs of Nexus and Sogun which isn't all that shocking. But the biggest shock... Naryu Lab... not even on Be ido, it was Minou, no matter what I said, people could not figure out that he needed to charge into the walls. They need to add a video tutorial or training room for every dungeon and force people to use it at least once before being allowed to actually join a party for it. At the very least, they should have an extra option for dungeon select that lets you pick either a learning run group or a full clear group, it wouldn't stop all the leechers but at least those who are genuinely interested in learning the dungeon could join like-minded players. 

9/10 times the people who are undergeared that insist they know mechs will fail.

Even 650+ parties get lost in older dungeons, fail mechanics, afk, die to nothing, etc. Its just less common in 650+ then 500-650.

With the cost of upgrading getting nerfed every other patch lately it is very simple for new players to build up quickly.

Basically if you want to get anything done you need to only join parties 650-800 and pray they know basic mechanics/their class.

Out of all dungeons out right now I think masts 4 man parties prob the worst. People rotating from one red corner to other red corner(if rotating at all). Insta dying to first aoe the boss shoots. Etc Etc.

For ebon and tomb the trick is to make every single player link 50+ runs. If one person doesn't link then leave party. Only takes one person derping to whipe party.

On November 6, 2016 at 7:16 AM, Zedonia said:

There are still groups out there that can't kill him at least after 1 charge? Hell, ok, I'm out.

3 attempts, 3 wipes because of enrage, 5 charges or so each attempt... One person sort of realized I knew the fight and was trying to understand what I was explaining, but was using BD grab to carry him to the walls instead of letting him charge them on his own... Everyone else was either aiming him everywhere but the red walls or CCing whenever he tried to charge so he'd just sit there with the shield up and nobody seemed to notice the huge damage loss they were getting... I couldn't fix the problem myself by taking aggro since my alt was 46 and everyone else was 50+ ... So, I escaped before the next wipe, dropped group and did a different dungeon so I wouldn't end up with that group again. =/

I know I'm probably in the minority here.

But I'm a 678 AP FM, but back when DT came out I was only around 550. So I never did it back then, and now all the people in f8 recruit only people with 20+ runs under them. So despite having looked at and read many a guide on how the mechanics of the dungeon work I never actually done it. The people in LFP suck and the groups recruiting in f8 won't take me. So I just skiped strait into Citadel. And in fairness now that you can't just sack any ol ss for stats I think I'll be sticking with my Asura+Citadel SS set anyway.

Well to be honest I hardly ever run dungeons in cross anymore because people just screw up no matter how much ap they have. I mostly run with clan for DT and EC while I have 671ap and be carrying people at times that have around 580ap and we get things done faster than groups I've been with in cross that have 650+. It's not all about ap and it's the mechs that matters. Also if you know how to use your class well then you should have a decent dps so it should not matter too much. 

6 hours ago, Kisagii said:

Well to be honest I hardly ever run dungeons in cross anymore because people just screw up no matter how much ap they have. I mostly run with clan for DT and EC while I have 671ap and be carrying people at times that have around 580ap and we get things done faster than groups I've been with in cross that have 650+. It's not all about ap and it's the mechs that matters. Also if you know how to use your class well then you should have a decent dps so it should not matter too much. 

Yeah it's funny how I tend to outdamage even 700+ players. I do have a couple friends to play with but sadly we don't exactly have a full squad of 6. So I tend to have to do brunt of the tanking most of the time. I think it builds character.

"You can't join our group, you have no experience in this dungeon! Go over there." *goes over there* "You can't join our group, you don't have the AP! Go away!" *goes away*

I get that for those who have the "appropriate" AP, gear, experience, etc., that you don't want to be burdened or be slowed but I am never getting the exp. or the AP as I can not ever get in to get the drops or the exp. My problem, yes indeed, which is why I only did a few dailies and the Grand Harvest Square each time on. (Been off awhile.) You are all getting dungeon runs with the somewhat exclusive groups that you belong to, getting exp. and drops that help improve gear and make OWPvP, arenas, etc. better for you but don't EVER ask why no one else ever seems to be playing or never comes when factions call for help.

Looking specifically at 6 player parties:
Avalanche Den: 5.7mil hp, 6:40 time limit, each member must average minimum of 2375dps
Lair of the frozen fang: 3.9mil hp, 3:30 time limit, each member must average minimum of 3175dps
Awakened necrolopolis: 3.4mil hp, 3:00 time limit, each member must average minimum of 3185dps
Heven's mandate: 9.9mil hp, 7:00 time limit, each member must average minimum of 3940dps
Cold storage: 4.9mil hp, 6:00 time limit, each member must average minimum of 2320dps
Sundered nexus: 10.4mil hp, 8:00 time limit, each member must average minimum of 3620dps
Sogun's Lament: 11.2mil hp, 8:20 time limit, each member must average minimum of 3740dps
Gloomdross incursion: 10.3mil hp, 6:00 time limit, each member must average minimum of 4770dps

Now yes, averages are misleading. On all these dungeons there are mechanics that hamper your ability to put out your optimum dps. But it should be noted if you know what you're doing and you can survive either by having the health to take a hit, or skill to avoid being hit you can easily put out meaningful damage towards clearing even as a 400ap player.

I do not understand because in these types of games always tend to divide the people, that is, they are wanting to me to say that if you do not have the AP greater than 600 or more you can not enter, to a that you understand the mechanics and you have the ability, But clearly in some previous images you see a pj with less AP and I see clearly that they let him enter the dungeon, please.

You must have an AP, but the winning question is; As did the first people to enter these dungeon without knowing the mechanics, and surely did not have that AP that they ask for the party.

That restriction is absurd, if you know the mechanics and you know how to handle your PJ are well and especially if you know to work at a party, the rest is added or necessary to at least have stamina and remove what is necessary for your party.

• 3 weeks later...

iam a sin 553ap

first time i entered the ebondrake was THE BEST DUNGEON EVER I HAVE ENTERD
I LOVED THE LAST BOSS - sorry for caps i am just exciting about it :D
anyway we got wiped twice casue of sum 597 who didnt stealth us in thise 2 times
i know i can stealth but didnt take the stealth thing casue he said it uselss and he got that
moral story : iam sin with 553 ap and almsot done but lost it cause of sum600 ap
and cause it was midnight and that sum was sleepy :D

I LFP for:

Tomb of Exile, BSC, BSH, Lair of Frozen Fang, all blue dungeons

I make party:

1. With no AP requirement: CS, 6men Lair, Mandate, BSC, BSH, Naryu Lab, 6men Necro, all blue dungeons

2. With AP or mech requirement:

• 500+: (6men) Yeti, (4men) Necro, (4men) Lair, (6men) Nexus, (6men) Sogun
  • 550+: 4men Yeti, 4men Necro, 4men Nexus, 4men Sogun, 6men Gloom, 6men Masts
  • 600+: 4men Sogun, 4men Gloom, 4men Masts, and later dungeons

Even though that's the requirement but if someone else join my pt with lower AP then I asked for when my pt has some others that way above it then I will still let the lower AP person stay  (for example, if I ask for 500, and I have 3 people in the 550-600 and a 425AP join, I will let that low AP person stay)

Everyone has to go through the "newbie stage" and have to go through the period where his/her AP would be low while trying to farm stuffs to raise it. I have been there too so there is no point to be mean to them. However, I do get annoyed when people who doesn't know mech for a dungeon, yet doesn't let me know or have no will to learn the mech. I don't mind first timer joining my pt. I am more than happy to explain the mech or quit the party if the first timer(s) fail on their first try. I do appreciate if they at least have an open mind to learn thing. There is no shame in telling people that you're new to the dungeon; however, I guess there are many peeps out there that out right just kick newbies the moment they see one which ends up making the newbies feel like they should just keep quiet for the sake of getting the dungeon run without being called names.

I have encountered so many afkers and leechers to the point that I am now jaded with their presences. No point in getting worked up because of some unknown person on the other side of the computer.

Archived