Ice VS Dark

victor122

In a perfect situation, permanent Brand, Target, and 100% critical rate, Ice build has greater dps. Other than that, they both are about the same (to me) in term of damage.

Overall advantage, Dark build is better, more convenient and acceptable to mistakes. Since some of the boss can discard debuff like Mushin, Jisoyun, and boss who can jump out of range like boss of Ebondrake Citadel, debuffs and range matter a lot to Ice Build while Dark Build can easily ignore them.

Plus the healing 50% critical damage from Dark Wingstorm, you may not need to dodge at all. Take the hits and heal back in full within seconds.

Just use both and test them for yourself. Because at the end of the day, it rarely is about the skills, but more about the mastery of the player.

8 hours ago, victor122 said:

Hey... After quite a while I've decided to play my warlock alt. As at has been a while, I'm kind of rusty. I've wondered, which build has the more advantages?

I'm looking for both dps and survivability.

Thanks in Advance  

Actually i would say dark build much is better and the damage is much higher when you have the soul badge from infinity tower. It's a damn crazy damage boost. Later it "could" change because of other badges and mystic amulets.

TBH, u should just play whatever build suits you more.

DPS:
At the CURRENT PATCH Dark build does more sustained DPS over a long fight, Ice is more bursty and does more in short fights (30secs to 1 min). Dark build takes a while to get used to though. The ice build needs high critical and Dragoncall Vol. 2, So if you don't have that better to go dark. Also, The new helix amulet is pretty good aswell.

Later, with the release of more amulets( 1 sec DC cd reduction on bombard hit, 3 sec additional DC cd reduction on critical rupture) and higher tier legendary soul shields we might see Ice dps catch up to(maybe even overtake) dark dps.

Survivability:
Dark wins out here, 50% lifesteal on wingstorm crits keeps you well sustained. the 25% rupture lifesteal in ice build pales in comparison. Although not a major factor, Dark WLs will tend to go baleful and its reset refreshes bastion cd.

Mobility:
Ppl will tell you ice build makes you immobile. That only happens if you use improper rotations. Both builds have the same level of mobility

Range:
Dark WLs can do everything from a 16m distance. Ice ones need to move within 10m to cast stage 3 repulse. Although, fighting at maximum range is usually not recommended.

Dragons and sweg:
Ice build has more dargons and looks more kewl :D and makes less sounds. Dark warklock is noisy ( GUCCI, GUCCI, POOOMAAA) :(

Ofc, all of the above is based on my opinion and knowledge and I may be wrong :P.

To add something to the previous post, for dealing Max damage during Sb on dark build, you gotta become meele and stay next to the boss (since Awaken RB is process on hit, not on use, so the closer you are the less distance the projectil needs to move in), while in ice it doesnt matter at all. The damage difference on shadow during SB ITS HUGE when you are close and when you are not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8. 11. 2016 at 7:33 PM, Nowaki said:

To add something to the previous post, for dealing Max damage during Sb on dark build, you gotta become meele and stay next to the boss (since Awaken RB is process on hit, not on use, so the closer you are the less distance the projectil needs to move in), while in ice it doesnt matter at all. The damage difference on shadow during SB ITS HUGE when you are close and when you are not.

omg so thats the key, i was wondering if its my ping, sometimes its so slow, sometimes so fast

Archived