Forums

Public Service Announcement: Reroll from Destroyer while you still can.

GenericNick

21 minutes ago, Dexsnder said:

You say people will always complain about DPS no matter what and yet not many Destroyer players complained about their DPS back in the day. We were still on the lower end of the DPS chart but at least we were useful for something. We're not spoiled summoners, the Destroyer's class description clearly stated that it was a support type and we're well aware that we're not suppose to ditch out tons of damage. The complaining comes from being a crappy supportive class as well as doing no damage. It's all those things combined that makes you ask yourself "why the hell am I playing this class?".

There wasn't a meter readily available that people weren't afraid to use.  I think maybe you haven't played all classes equally geared, the damage differences aren't that big solo, in a group obviously you'll be much lower because your grab makes everyone do so much more.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, TJXX said:

There wasn't a meter readily available that people weren't afraid to use.  I think maybe you haven't played all classes equally geared, the damage differences aren't that big solo, in a group obviously you'll be much lower because your grab makes everyone do so much more.

There wasn't a meter but you can't tell me you didn't know that our damage wasn't up to par with the like of FM, Sin and Summoner back in the day. I can't speak for everyone, but personally I wasn't really surprised when I saw the huge DPS gap between Destroyers and other classes when the meter came out. 

I didn't play all classes at equal gear, but it's not hard to do the math honestly. When I party with other people that have 100+ less AP, far less crit than me and notice that they still do 5k+ DPS than me, I don't really need to analyse any further. For solo stuff, I'm at 720 AP and I managed to beat Naksun in under 2 minutes. It required me to pop a Heroic Friendship Charm, pop a Bruiser Charm and drink an Invigorating Mamosu Stew and literally facetank Naksun all the way through. Despite that, it still took me around 1m50s to clear it. Meanwhile, my friend's who a BM that's around 650AP beat that achievement very easily with no buffs and in less the 1m30s. The difference in damage is pretty significant whether it's solo or party play and I'm surprised you don't see it as a Destroyer player yourself.

34 minutes ago, TJXX said:

Meanwhile BM's can solo Shattered Masts. My clan member hit 83k DPS and held it for almost 10s wen the fights started without any buffs. Ppl who think there aren't clear balance issues brought about by the early skill patches that r meant for gear way ahead of wut we hav r delusional or in denial and yes I've seen other very high geared ppl hit 50-60k, but never 80+. It broke my brain. Yes some ppl will b fine that they take longer to do things or aren't top dps, but that's not the issue here. Even our speciality can b filled b another class so it makes u wonder y destroyer even exists by that point or wut the hell ur doing even playing it... so u can hav an axe and not a fluffy tail? Even on the argument of our grab giving crit that doesn't matter much anymore wen ppl hav over 60% crit already and really i love my destroyer to death which is we go on these forums to provide feedback. Just like how FM's r irritated they can't advance high in TOI or the fact that summoners lost 1-2k on their numbers. I've never even posted on a forum in my life until recently and it wasn't to *cricket* and complain. It was just to voice an opinion im entitled to express just like everyone else

Bm and summoner are a bit ahead of the curve right now no doubt, once you're full end game geared and skilled.  The other classes not so much, warlock dps is up there too, but that doesn't make destroyer useless.  Excluding those 2 very powerful classes everything else is around the same level in my experience.

So what kind of buff our class can expect when Black tower released ?  Will there be any fix for our wonderful F  and maybe give our block some value...like say..make it spammable or have short cd (24 second Stage 2 shield is still too long) as being the only one who know how to block Magolka during run (Yes i did have such experience.. no one wants to block magolka after CC and worst telling me to grab and when there are 6 or more orbs no one wants to block)  Or even nexus.. (a new cancer where ppl refused to block saws..)

and probably a new true double daze ability..to compensate for ppl who refuse to re-spec, so i have to daze instead.  and some reduction in chi usage for our axe swing KD (4)... running out of chi in Iruga when KD green mob spawn is no picnic.

---

DPS wise tho.. well i found it pretty obvious..well probably because i play mostly 250-300ms of ping. it's kinda hard to reach even 10K/s because unstable ping, add boss movement (like Zakhan) and it's a huge mess.  Fortunately tho no one messing around with that aspect yet. and i don't do PVP so..it's still operationally acceptable for me.

But it's true that it's kinda stressful to me.  Would love to tout some 10K so finally i can do 4 man tomb or citadel. 

2 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

So what kind of buff our class can expect when Black tower released ?  Will there be any fix for our wonderful F  and maybe give our block some value...like say..make it spammable or have short cd (24 second Stage 2 shield is still too long) as being the only one who know how to block Magolka during run (Yes i did have such experience.. no one wants to block magolka after CC and worst telling me to grab and when there are 6 or more orbs no one wants to block)  Or even nexus.. (a new cancer where ppl refused to block saws..)

and probably a new true double daze ability..to compensate for ppl who refuse to re-spec, so i have to daze instead.  and some reduction in chi usage for our axe swing KD (4)... running out of chi in Iruga when KD green mob spawn is no picnic.

---

DPS wise tho.. well i found it pretty obvious..well probably because i play mostly 250-300ms of ping. it's kinda hard to reach even 10K/s because unstable ping, add boss movement (like Zakhan) and it's a huge mess.  Fortunately tho no one messing around with that aspect yet. and i don't do PVP so..it's still operationally acceptable for me.

But it's true that it's kinda stressful to me.  Would love to tout some 10K so finally i can do 4 man tomb or citadel. 

Really this is y Destroyer fell so far behind is because our balance patches finally brought the shadow build out of a place of uselessness, but the only change to the earth build was a minor increase in mighty cleave dmg and even with all the shadow build buffs the earth build still puts out superior dmg cuz we don't hav the SS/Amulet/Badge/LegSoul that make the Shadow build WORK yet. Wen i read ppl were so hype'd about Galeforce not needing a crit i just rolled my eyes. U still need to crit WITH galeforce to get the chi recovery. Right now the build is only useful for mobs and very lackluster on bosses and also u can't anicancel wrath with the increase in spd they gave eradicate cuz there's subtle wind-up on the cast spd so it needs to hit at least 4x in a row to reach max spd. Another stupid detail u need to just figure out instead of the tooltip telling u like how the 2nd tree of wrath is slower but it doesnt say shit about that. no sneaking in wraths every 2x RMB unless u wanna b slow with it

I forgot to mention also that our badges r sadly pretty aweful. 2s of grab? big deal it doesn't add to the restraint. 20% more red spin spd? sure if u wanna troll some ppl in owpvp. 3s wrath after smash? STAGE 1? STAGE 1!? u mean the one we combo right after fury anyway cuz it shares the same cd. Yes u can make the argument that u can use smash on the last second of fury and extend ur wrath cancel by 3s but then u lose on the bonus dmg on a stunned target so it's like... y. the only decent one is the Willpower buff after fury BUT the shadow build doesn't hav all it's components yet. just *sigh*

3 hours ago, vOrpheus said:

I forgot to mention also that our badges r sadly pretty aweful. 2s of grab? big deal it doesn't add to the restraint. 20% more red spin spd? sure if u wanna troll some ppl in owpvp. 3s wrath after smash? STAGE 1? STAGE 1!? 

Speaking of the Wrath soul badge, sources from KR state that it should trigger from both type 1 and type 2 smash (triggering wrath every 18 seconds could prove decent). It's funny how they ninja fixed the Soul Fighter badge ASAP and totally forgot to fix the destroyer one. Just shows how deeply they don't care.

How about no to all crying for destro to buffed.

Why?

Ill tell u why n thats cause i dont care how much dps a destro do in my pt.

If i dont mind why do u?

So what if u do 1 min more in naksun or 2 min so what ?

U still clear it right?

Why come out now n cry for destro when he is in this state since lounch.

Why why?

Its like i say ok new game ill roll lyn summoner n after 8 months i start cry why lyn summoner dont have boobs.

Destro was made to be that way.

Its just ur ego to be among the top dpsers but not gonna happen so do u play destro cause u like the class or u just want to be the best dpser n feed ego?

Take ur pick mate.

Fyi when i chose to play sin i liked the air combo the ground combo so i rolled i didnt worry about dps just the playstyle it suits me.

So how about now ncsoft make it so every tab spin u do eats 20% more focus

How about when u knee kick n i Q it give fkn stealth.

Anyway i always want destro in my pts n i dont care how much dps they do so u should not care 2

31 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

How about no to all crying for destro to buffed.

Why?

Ill tell u why n thats cause i dont care how much dps a destro do in my pt.

If i dont mind why do u?

So what if u do 1 min more in naksun or 2 min so what ?

U still clear it right?

Why come out now n cry for destro when he is in this state since lounch.

Why why?

Its like i say ok new game ill roll lyn summoner n after 8 months i start cry why lyn summoner dont have boobs.

Destro was made to be that way.

Its just ur ego to be among the top dpsers but not gonna happen so do u play destro cause u like the class or u just want to be the best dpser n feed ego?

Take ur pick mate.

Fyi when i chose to play sin i liked the air combo the ground combo so i rolled i didnt worry about dps just the playstyle it suits me.

So how about now ncsoft make it so every tab spin u do eats 20% more focus

How about when u knee kick n i Q it give fkn stealth.

Anyway i always want destro in my pts n i dont care how much dps they do so u should not care 2

See, here's the deal. You lack reading comprehension skills, are generally ignorant to what other people are saying and/or a troll. There is no other alternative.

No destroyer complains about PURE DPS damage meter garbage.

But clearing Naksun in a minute vs 2 minutes, doing a full door-to-door naksun run in 5 minutes vs 7 minutes means that after an hour of naksun runs, the destroyer player is behind on upgrade materials. Getting 2 500pp pouches vs 1 500pp pouch from a standard mining means the destroyer player is behind on upgrade materials. Getting 4 500pp pouches vs getting 2 and a half 500pp pouches from a standard berserker kill means the destroyer player is behind on upgrade materials.

All in all, the typical destroyer player is getting more and more behind and the odds aren't in his favour to begin with. The gap widens.

Am I speaking in Mongolian or is it some sort of quantum physics level hard to understand stuff ?

Editing it for the sake of order to comment on the post below:

1. MANY people do back to back nakusn runs to farm and upgrade.

2. In the very first post i clearly stated there is not an issue with pvp, only pve aspect. Reading comprehension man, seriously, work on it.

9 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

See, here's the deal. You lack reading comprehension skills, are generally ignorant to what other people are saying and/or a troll. There is no other alternative.

No destroyer complains about PURE DPS damage meter garbage.

But clearing Naksun in a minute vs 2 minutes, doing a full door-to-door naksun run in 5 minutes vs 7 minutes means that after an hour of naksun runs, the destroyer player is behind on upgrade materials. Getting 2 500pp pouches vs 1 500pp pouch from a standard mining means the destroyer player is behind on upgrade materials. Getting 4 500pp pouches vs getting 2 and a half 500pp pouches from a standard berserker kill means the destroyer player is behind on upgrade materials.

All in all, the typical destroyer player is getting more and more behind and the odds aren't in his favour to begin with. The gap widens.

Am I speaking in Mongolian or is it some sort of quantum physics level hard to understand stuff ?

Ru fkn jokin dude that cause of that 1 min u do one less run so ur behind in upgrade mats..

Ur behind from who?

I only do 1 run there n i dont feel im behind.

Omg those cheap excuses.

Somethin else u have more healing than my sin do i cry ?no!

If i blow tab u kill me in 3s 

If u blow urs i kill u in 12s with me constatly using combos to lock u while u just smush 2 keys.

U have burst i have sustain doesnt it fair?

How much u will upgrade depends on the time u spend the time everyone spends.

My class has stealth ur class has spin u burst i sustain deal with it 

Take it or leave it.

I create a car with 200hp n u bought it dont cry later why farrari has 500hp xd

37 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

If i dont mind why do u?

Because people play computer games for their own enjoyment. Not for the enjoyment of others.

I'm also not sure why you think the class was designed to be low dps. No where in the class description on the official websites does it actually say that. NCWest website actually mention destroyers having high attack power in their class description. I don't think anyone is asking for destroyer to be top dps, they just don't want to be doing 50% less damage than the 2nd to last lowest dps class.  As pointed out by a few others, Destroyer did get buffed in Korea (where the game's developers are by the way) with a combination of skills and gear that upped their dps to equivalent levels of the other classes. The fact that they actually did this in the games home territory should indicate that there was something not quite right before.

The problem with buffing destroyer is that their arena PVP performance has always been good (probably too good initially) so that any buff to skills could not really be done as it would imbalance arena PVP too much. They got around this in Korea by buffing the class through gear which would ensure that the additional damage output would not affect the arena. In our version although we have gotten the same skill updates we haven't gotten the equivalent gear to compliment those skill updates. 

NCWest's view appears to be to balance the game for arena PVP as quickly as possible so that we are on the same level as all the other regions and they could therefore compete in cross region tournaments. Unfortunately this has meant that PVE balancing has been left behind a bit. 

30 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Because people play computer games for their own enjoyment. Not for the enjoyment of others.

I'm also not sure why you think the class was designed to be low dps. No where in the class description on the official websites does it actually say that. NCWest website actually mention destroyers having high attack power in their class description. I don't think anyone is asking for destroyer to be top dps, they just don't want to be doing 50% less damage than the 2nd to last lowest dps class.  As pointed out by a few others, Destroyer did get buffed in Korea (where the game's developers are by the way) with a combination of skills and gear that upped their dps to equivalent levels of the other classes. The fact that they actually did this in the games home territory should indicate that there was something not quite right before.

The problem with buffing destroyer is that their arena PVP performance has always been good (probably too good initially) so that any buff to skills could not really be done as it would imbalance arena PVP too much. They got around this in Korea by buffing the class through gear which would ensure that the additional damage output would not affect the arena. In our version although we have gotten the same skill updates we haven't gotten the equivalent gear to compliment those skill updates. 

NCWest's view appears to be to balance the game for arena PVP as quickly as possible so that we are on the same level as all the other regions and they could therefore compete in cross region tournaments. Unfortunately this has meant that PVE balancing has been left behind a bit. 

Exactly. No one is denying that Destroyer has and remained an amazing pvp class, but this game's design philosophy is based around COMPETITION and yes this includes pve. drops, nodes, bidding and YES even our dps is all weighted toward ur quality of life as a player so wouldn't u feel a little upset that the classes r not on equal footing in this aspect? Honestly the fact they don't touch destroyer much proves it's actually a very gud class, but sadly the devs make changes based on pvp first and foremost which really annoys alot of ppl. Like how SSP was so damn impossible for melee, but ez for ranged and really how hard wud it actually b to tweak a few skills so they ONLY affect pve? They already proved they can by removing our joint stun on bosses with typhoon. Surely adding dmg bonuses  against NPC's isn't a vast leap of logic or out of possibility. Im not saying they shud, but it does seem a valid suggestion. Hell if they did they cud remove it later for all i care wen des finally catches up

5 hours ago, azraelkun said:

Snip

Don't talk to me about ego as a freaking sin player, please. You guys are the first people to brag about how easy it is to solo dungeons or to link up your "dank DPS" to everybody. I'm sure the only reason you (and many other people) don't mind having a Destroyer in your own party is because they contribute to your own cool DPS numbers and nothing else. No Destroyer expects to be on top of the DPS chart but we at least expect to receive buffs at the same time as others. Your analogy is flawed because the other classes have received a lot of buffs and changed since launch while Destroyer didn't receive much. Wouldn't you be pissed if next patch everyone gets a new skill/badge but Sins don't receive anything or something irrelevant? That's been Destroyer's life story since the beginning and that's why we complain now. Our damage don't matter, our support don't matter, our badges don't matter, nothing freaking matters because it all sucks.

If they're so scared about buffing Destroyers because of how good we already are in PvP just do like TERA does and specify against which target the buffs applies (i.e against mobs, boss or players).

11 minutes ago, Dexsnder said:

Don't talk to me about ego as a freaking sin player, please. You guys are the first people to brag about how easy it is to solo dungeons or to link up your "dank DPS" to everybody. I'm sure the only reason you (and many other people) don't mind having a Destroyer in your own party is because they contribute to your own cool DPS numbers and nothing else. No Destroyer expects to be on top of the DPS chart but we at least expect to receive buffs at the same time as others. Your analogy is flawed because the other classes have received a lot of buffs and changed since launch while Destroyer didn't receive much. Wouldn't you be pissed if next patch everyone gets a new skill/badge but Sins don't receive anything or something irrelevant? That's been Destroyer's life story since the beginning and that's why we complain now. Our damage don't matter, our support don't matter, our badges don't matter, nothing freaking matters because it all sucks.

If they're so scared about buffing Destroyers because of how good we already are in PvP just do like TERA does and specify against which target the buffs applies (i.e against mobs, boss or players).

Fun part since the release of EU/NA Blade and soul version , All what Destroyer got was a little buff over our RMB and might clevee beside the other nerfs we got including our aircombo knockdown aoe effect been removed , A little change there or here

While other classes get a huge change like really decrease for their CD, Like the *cricket*ing op shit warlock now are pissing me off in 1v1 now since their shit pve skill got pumped with short CD of 1 *cricket*ing min

other classes got nice boost with fighting spirit, healing and such so far

Destro grab >BD grab  becose destro grab add alot  crit chance , when i grab ppl see alot yelow numberz, when little mice grab all they see is white  crap. Tell me 1 boss  where you can double grab with lol BD ,  oh wait you will mention somthing like frozen fang or lol cold storage . When you play destro you  got INSANE defence +INSANE HEAL  and tab that can be spammed to minimize EVERY DMG.  THE MOST impotratnt thing is Destro is sexy while BD and summoner are some bad mixture of Squirel and Mouse.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:58 PM, Natello said:

Okay beside BD

No you might've not pay attention but bleed is extremely good in solo games

I've done solo Yeti with bleed and without Bleed. Most boss have insane hp regen

When I did it without bleed (back then)

I died with timer ran out while boss have 30% hp left

when I did it with bleed

I killed Yeti with timer still 10% before running out. That's a whole lot.

Idk how to say it in an easier way to understand.

but for FM is nearly fkin impossible to solo Yeti if below 700 AP

I do agree that it's not as good as other class in party cuz everyone can do bleed. But you suffer really high penalty when you play with lowbies, they don't know what bleed does and you take longer to kil the boss.

I understand summoner can do it too but you have to agree that Destroyer is extremely useful because they have a bit of all other class. The relentless CC, restrain(oh forgot to mention dest have less cool down on grab so their restrain is better than BD), they have constant high aoe, pvp tanks, etc

I don't understand why you would only look at dps. Every other job, dest seems to be excel at it. Try to look on the bright side. How much are you really giving up compare to bigger benefit?

16 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

(oh forgot to mention dest have less cool down on grab so their restrain is better than BD)

Actually it isn't. When the restraint skill was introduced the versions of grab (Dest) and phantom grip (BD) that induced restraint had their cooldowns increased to 30 seconds. So the cd is the same for both classes, except BDs can "reset" theirs if they have the soul badge.

2 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

they have constant high aoe

Srry to burst ur bubble but earth build has ONE aoe skill and it's typhoon and we can only use every minute. Y do 95% of Des use earth? cuz shadow devours ur focus AND does less dmg to single targets. We'd rather stick with our one gud aoe skill over something currently unreliable unless there's large groups of mobs to feed crit procs and im srry, but if u don't even know that the grab cd on bd and des is the same u hav no business in this topic and b4 u even mention mighty cleave it is weak passive dmg that's true purpose is to provide focus regen

2 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

FM is nearly fkin impossible to solo Yeti if below 700 AP

Well i'm at it there was already a FM on EU that solo'd the pre-nerf yeti with 661 AP 5 months ago. Pls do ur research better and yes i did a simple google search that disproved this claim and it took me like 40s

On 11/1/2016 at 2:50 PM, Parenthesis said:

Hence why a destroyer can solo Yeti at 600AP

Still waiting on this btw. Honestly wud giv the player who accomplished something like this a medal and i mean LEGIT 600 solo. no "oh i hav 600 AP but 2600 CD crap"

4 hours ago, equinukes said:

Destro grab >BD grab  becose destro grab add alot  crit chance , when i grab ppl see alot yelow numberz, when little mice grab all they see is white  crap. Tell me 1 boss  where you can double grab with lol BD ,  oh wait you will mention somthing like frozen fang or lol cold storage . When you play destro you  got INSANE defence +INSANE HEAL  and tab that can be spammed to minimize EVERY DMG.  THE MOST impotratnt thing is Destro is sexy while BD and summoner are some bad mixture of Squirel and Mouse.

I'm 100% sure you never played BD neither Destroyer ?

How on the earth destroyer grab > Bd grab ?

And what prove to me that everyone that say BD grab is weak cause it got no crit chance, That you all are lying people with no brain or even able to read patch notes clearly  

Since that grab patch, Both Destroyer and BD able to grab every 30 second with resistant skill + able to gave crit chance equal of 50% while BD one is better because bd able to dps during grab, almost every skill is not slow and he able to make hurl even easily than destroyer without put skill point in it

Beside their badge that gave them reset 

17 hours ago, vOrpheus said:

Srry to burst ur bubble but earth build has ONE aoe skill and it's typhoon and we can only use every minute. Y do 95% of Des use earth? cuz shadow devours ur focus AND does less dmg to single targets. We'd rather stick with our one gud aoe skill over something currently unreliable unless there's large groups of mobs to feed crit procs and im srry, but if u don't even know that the grab cd on bd and des is the same u hav no business in this topic and b4 u even mention mighty cleave it is weak passive dmg that's true purpose is to provide focus regen

Well i'm at it there was already a FM on EU that solo'd the pre-nerf yeti with 661 AP 5 months ago. Pls do ur research better and yes i did a simple google search that disproved this claim and it took me like 40s

Burst my bubble?

what bubble?

can I stop using the word "srry" as a transition term?

I made it very clear that Dest have constant high aoe dps. What part of single target are you talking about? Did you read everything? 

You'll have respec for different situation

I swap 3 builds in Yeti and ebondrake every run. Why is that a problem?

You use your anicancel on boss and when mobs gather, you clean them with Aoe? Or are you expecting to use aoe the whole fight?

like I said I gave up on Dest a long time ago, so I didn't pay attention to the patch recently. Just because of one single element automatically makes all of my argument invalid?

Did you actually read what I said? I said "nearly impossible"

I already said before

I can have my clanmate stream it if you willing to put 500g stake on the bet. 

Archived