Forums

Latest patch changes (asura brand/phantom brand) Thrasher???

• Asura Brand is no longer applied to players in Sogun's Lament.
  • Phantom Brand is no longer applied to players in Ebondrake Citadel.

So with the latest update these 2 things were removed, and people don't need to rush the upgrade of belt/bracelet, which I think is good for new players. Great!, so then when I looked at my alt's siren belt, I noticed it does not say anything about thrasher's howl anymore so I assumed the need to use that belt was also removed.

Today I was doing BSH on my alt and I got in a party with almost all new players, most 45+ that didn't know much about the mechanic of the bosses, and ofc had no idea they even needed a belt, when we got to thrasher, 4 people in the party got one shot at the first roar and they didn't even know why they died, specially since the belt DOESN'T EVEN SAY NOW that it is a requirement for this boss. The last person and me still managed to kill him with 5 secs before enrage (I am WL so thank god for SB) but my point is, what is the reason for keeping this? either add the text on the belt again so new players would know they need it or just simply remove this need completely, This is old content, that many don't even run often unless is for daily challenge or, like now, for the candies. New players that actually try to do it on their own just die for no reason. Yes I know this dungeon has been nerfed but Thrasher is a different story, most lvl 50s can solo every boss in this dungeon except for thrasher, because his mechanic can STILL one shot you, and the funny thing is, once you upgrade your belt to get the "now removed" asura protection, it completely removes the howl protection, so I don't understand the reason for this.

I assume your party does not rinse the poison after Venomous Thrasher falls down from the ceiling?

With that poison on, you will get one-shot, even with the proper belt on. You can rinse it at a drain, and get a AP/speed buff too. However, if the boss spits poison at you, you will get the poison again.

Before, the belt would help you protect from his roar even when the enrage timer has reached, where he roars constantly. It will bug you in-combat, though.

The belt didnt protect you from roar on enrage timer, you still died back in the day.

And for the record you still don't see my point, what I'm saying is that new players don;t even have the roar protection belt/know about it, and all this is completely pointless right now. 

Edited by xSonatax

I am more annoyed that I have not encountered a single party where more than 2 people (me included) actually poke those pesky eggs. So I already have a habit of bringing the wine that gives 10 second immunity, and join in with the mindless dps. So actually belt or whatnot does not matter since no matter what everybody only care about their own dpsing :S

I was always under the impression the poision was the only responsible for getting you killed, specialy cuz when I get to play those 45lvl heroics I didn't have any belt. But it must have been the dragon's blood fault, something new players find it too expensive to use >.>

Also, I can't remember the last time I saw it surviving till the point it flees to the celling.

• Get Egg debuff? Roar deals massive damage.
  • Don't have debuff? Roar does literally nothing to you.

I actually went to solo Bloodshade Harbor the other day to analyze mechanics, and no I don't have the Siren Belt.

23 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Before, the belt would help you protect from his roar even when the enrage timer has reached, where he roars constantly. It will bug you in-combat, though.

Actually back then the enrage roar was just glitched. Now, the enrage roar makes Thrasher immune and the roar one shots you.

Edited by Shadovvv