can't deny this any more (proven)

speed79

hiya all, sorry about my english first,

i think all of us are aware of the huge latency and optomization problems that the game suffer and for a very long time ncsoft denied that the problem is from their end and always blamed the  ip provider or old pc running the game.

with all that been said ncsoft can no longer deny that the problem is from their end any mmore after the last update and here is my proof,

i was one of the ppl that struggled always with latency  and the game optimization and i tried every possible way to counter it from using wtfast to tweak my machine and annoying my ip provider nearly every day with phone calls about wht ncsoft adviced me to do but after the last update the game became nearly none responsive the delay between the skilland me pressing the botton  gone from freaction of seconds to 2 in some cases 3 sec to respown,

1- my pc havnot changed in any way setting prior to the upgrade

2- my internet speed still  the same and same internet provider

nothing changed on my side AT ALLL regearding the game with my machine or internet  , so that leave only one possibaltey which is the optimization of your server that came with the update,

so the question is are you gonna stand up to your responsabilties towerds your coustomers and admit you have a problem and  YOU will fix instead of denying there is a problem at all with your game!!?? (( we love the game we will understand and w8  hell we will even donate to your server if needed to since we pay for 3rd party programs to try to fix your game))

ps

plsssssssssss DONOT tell us its our provider it became very clear the problem is within your server we all know it and we not all kids you can tell us any thing and we will belive you!!

at the moment your beloved game is in great risk, soon a lot of new games gonna come out and a lot of ppl wont hasitate to leave your game for more playable games so i think you need to make a move on befor its too late!!

First and foremost I would kindly retort that your speculation is false.

Im not sure where you heard about this "ncsoft denying their bad server" come from. 

Because they never deny it. Ever since beta until now, server had always been unstablized. They know it and they already admit it even in stream. Please next time before making any falsified information, take a second and do some research.

Nevertheless if the update/patch is creating new problem for you, what you need to do is sending in tickets so they can help you personally. They only inform you changes or basic information in the forum. This is not where you solve any problem.

Not only that, you are making the post in general discussion rather than Bug Report section below, if I was NCsoft, I would remove this post right now.

New patches come in might corrupt some of the file or resetting your game setting making your game not fun.

What you have describe so far is just a simple lag and 80% the rest of the content is just baseless accusations.

Here's what I know

since the new patch they might change your graphic card setting, so if you would take few minutes and go into your game open up the setting menu and change it to the appropriate device that would improve your game. This have been common problem with many people, so your "lag" might be just simply some dps drop.

If this does not help, you can just send in a ticket to ask for some assistance. And please be mindful with the language you use.

21 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

First and foremost I would kindly retort that your speculation is false.

Im not sure where you heard about this "ncsoft denying their bad server" come from. 

Because they never deny it. Ever since beta until now, server had always been unstablized. They know it and they already admit it even in stream. Please next time before making any falsified information, take a second and do some research.

Nevertheless if the update/patch is creating new problem for you, what you need to do is sending in tickets so they can help you personally. They only inform you changes or basic information in the forum. This is not where you solve any problem.

Not only that, you are making the post in general discussion rather than Bug Report section below, if I was NCsoft, I would remove this post right now.

New patches come in might corrupt some of the file or resetting your game setting making your game not fun.

What you have describe so far is just a simple lag and 80% the rest of the content is just baseless accusations.

Here's what I know

since the new patch they might change your graphic card setting, so if you would take few minutes and go into your game open up the setting menu and change it to the appropriate device that would improve your game. This have been common problem with many people, so your "lag" might be just simply some dps drop.

If this does not help, you can just send in a ticket to ask for some assistance. And please be mindful with the language you use.

if what you saying about ncsoft admitting there is a problem with there servers and yet they not fixing it is even worse!! that mean they don't care!! and for you saying they admitting it sure didnt sound like that whn i submitted a ticket few month back about the latency problem because one of the solution that they give me (on the long 4 days come back and forth e-mails) was to contact my ip provider and ask them to change few things beside few other changes to my router and ports. there was not at any point they they said to me they aware of the problem and they are working on a solution!!! instead it was all about my machine and ip provider?!!!

second

i posted there because i am not talking about the bug cas it is not a bug as you said we all know its bad optimization/server so its community  problem we need to why it has not be solved since it was there from day one.

as for any solution it wouldn't work

i duno if you on a server that don't suffer like ALL other B&S server do or you in denial , what you think solution from your end can do to a bad server?!! improve a worse scenario to just a bad one!! and AGAIN there wasnot once any talk or even hint that they gonna fix the server!! i realy think we should get an answer we inviste time and money in this game and we need to know its worth it?!

I can completely understand that all our issues need to be addressed but blaming everything to the game and posting it here is not gonna help, unfortunately. This is the problem about the huge jump of game developers from old to brand new games because most games nowadays are graphics card-dependent whereas old games like BnS are CPU-dependent. I cannot fathom enough when people keep on saying it's because of bad optimization. Yet, graphics cards and operating systems can flip the switch in a split second now so that the game will stop consuming your CPU that much.

The FPS drop many people had experience after a recent update explains this issue because BnS is not graphics card-hungry as it was made available to all players without spending too much money just to play. So, the next issue boils down to ISP issues. ISPs now are experimenting and implementing different policies such as limiting the number of connections, firewalls, bandwidth, etc.

I don't know what information NCSoft asked from you and what you gave them but I think it's better to forward this message directly to them. This can be buried with all other posts before they find it, you know.

I do believe there maybe some merit to this. I have an Razer Blade pro and I was able to run the game with no issues at all. Had ping of around 130. Now my ping has shot up to around 250 to 350 after beluga update. So something server side has changed which caused this issue. According to my ISP they haven't done any updates or have any planned updates in the near future.

The only thing that I can think of for this issue is that, Korea's and Japan's internet tends to be the best in the world, and these updates are optimized for those faster speeds. However when N/A gets these updates, they are just translated over but not optimized for our slower speeds. This just seems that NCSoft is forgetting about this. Not everyone lives in an area with Google Fiber. Many people still run internet speeds of roughly 5 mb download and 1 mb upload or slower. With a game that is expecting everyone to have at least 50mb download and 50 mb upload speeds, its not wonder everyone get bad ping spikes or bad ping in general.

Just my thoughts. 

To play Devil Advocate...

I don't see any proof in the statements you have made. I see a testimony of your experience, yes, but proof no.

Since last update I have experienced absolutely no difference in game performance, same FPS same Latency.

If we are accepting testimony as proof then my testimony is proof that your proof is false? Oh hhm huh?

I cringe a bit every time someone says "Nothing has changed"

Things Are always changing. Its kind of a general law of existence.

To be more specific, there's always bits and pieces of software running in the back ground of your computer. They perform updates, they monitor and log things, they load and unload into memory. Leaving little tiny bits of themselves or other data. Data stored on HDD/SSD move and change every time you use your computer or just leave it sitting running. Every single time you boot your computer it boots up just a tiny bit different then the last time it booted up.

Then we have to consider the internet, all the different computers constantly changing, DNS and routing tables changing. Servers and routers going up and down. A cut cable here so re-routed there. More usage here so this leg is slower, less usage there so that leg is faster. This or that server getting attacked being used in an attack.

See tons and tons of things have changed, in just the few minutes it took to type this, countless things have changed with my computer and my internet.

/devil out

BnS servers do have problems that is obvious to all of us. Some players are effected more then others.

But I think at least 50% or more of the problem is the client itself or Gameguard.

I have 200/10mbps cable internet from a not so bad ISP, and a Midlow range PC compared to whats out there. I get OK performance most the time, spikes of lag and fps issues now and then. Most annoying thing I experience is BnS getting stuck in memory, sometimes the game simply refuses to load until I've done a reboot of my computer. Oh ya and if I've been playing for 4 hours or so on my day off, my performance will drop to a crawl until I quit and reload the game.

The games memory management and memory leaks, are the biggest issue. If they would fix this I'd bet most players would get better performance.

im certain  that all the bullshit EU experience in laggyness, buggy client, dc, long loading screens, lag when bosses use powers/drops loot etc is very heavyly connecteed to this bullshit half US/EU setup.

i mean the login on us servers, the market on us servers, the f10 on us servers and prolly lots of other stupid things too, like rolling loot tables etc.

how cheap can you be, if you dont even want to run this in the regions it is in.

it might run fine for US players, but it is not running fine in EU.

• 3 months later...

I do understand that maintaining an MMO server is not easy. But hello guys,, NC is not a company built yesterday. I dont care about the in game item progression and dung mech coz the "real" issue in this game has been the optimization. But it seems they are focusing on the pple staying near servers who can play the game in low ping and whale their gears. The servers are so bad that this is the only game that gives me high as well as unstable ping. And the whole grind is such a pain with high ms. Ping=your atk speed (doesnt matter even if u have a raven legendary, doesnt matter if u know the mech) you will always be behind in terms of dps and iframes. There's no point fighting for in game items and stuffs, coz its a newly launched game in west, sooner or later things will be stable later why are pple so desperate to reach the end point right now? Fight for the unstable servers which crashes every new update and then in the near end of an event along with that "update" people quits playing and server stabilizes a bit. This is my first compaint to this company after playing this game since Jan 2016. I honestly didn't want to do this but you gave me no choice. The supports did spoke fine and they did try their best but I realized that certain things are out of their hands. Its totally in the hands of the devs team. Look I do honor all the way the "in-game" stuffs have been introduced but still, whats the point. People are quitting this game. This game burns up a lot from us. Its rather a punishment over all to all the non-whale casual players who just wanna spend a quality free time in a game that gives "entertainment" not items not outfits not free stuffs,, but a relaxing fun experience which doesn't discriminate players in terms of "dps" "APs" , oh this ones my fav "brain".

To all the people who are supporting NC for unstable servers and being all "modest nice understanding guys" F*** Yourselves!! Get a life other than grinding ur arse off for a pixellated item.

PS: Recommended System requirement for this game is a Joke.

Meanwhile the title of this topic goes against Code of Conduct...

I am not internet nor programming expert so could someone elaborate me that if the fault was solely on NC's fault and their server why isn't it that every single person experiences the lags, fps drops etc that were mentioned?

Fps has nothing to do with ping those are 2 complete different things. Fps is optimisation, how good pc set up you have to run the game and how good the game is optimised.

This game sadly is badly optimised/old and relies on the cpu instead of the gpu.

As for the ping there are lots of reasons.How much speed do you have also how far away from the servers you are etc.

I will say if you live in Germany I would expect a ping below 80 ping, Germany is not that big of a country and I live in Greece and get a ping of 150+ it never falls under that.If you live in Germany and have higher ping than 80 that proves that there is a problem with the server.

Also I used to play a NA game and usually I had a ping of 200-250 those servers where located in America.

• Amraith changed the title to can't deny this any more (proven)
2 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

that only proves there is something wrong with the routing, nothing more. 

If it would be the Servers, why didnt 80%+ have problems at the same time?

When was the last time you were ingame? Cause i was playing last night, heck i play a lot i will be honest and i see complains for pings in clan chat and faction chat alot, even when i do f8 people complain they have high ping... so it is 80% of people having problems you are just the 20% not having.

I am speaking for europe servers idk about the NA servers.

This is the life cycle of my time spent on blade & souls nowadays:

• First I start the game
  • login
  • 5 minutes later the game starts
  • try use any skill
  • see ping = 170ms
  • I quit game and do something else

any EU server in other games (ex: Paladins) i get stable and clean 70ms.

6 hours ago, Hasheesh1 said:

This is the life cycle of my time spent on blade & souls nowadays:

• First I start the game
  • login
  • 5 minutes later the game starts
  • try use any skill
  • see ping = 170ms
  • I quit game and do something else

any EU server in other games (ex: Paladins) i get stable and clean 70ms.

Ingame ms is not the ms you have to the game server.

Try use pingplotter or something and you will see exactly how high your ms is. It also shows the issue spikes and packet loss.

I usually route via level3 datacenter in my country and it's shit. I always get packet loss. Even though I am connected to the datacenter in frankfurt in just 10 hops orso. And most of the time varies between 15-20ms. But packet loss at the network from level3 will make it go 150-300+ constantly.

Few times I was routed via Telia. I had 60-70ms now, higher than normal but at least all packet loss was gone.

I learned that Telia is trash, but level3 is even worse.

7 hours ago, MasterYoda said:

When was the last time you were ingame? Cause i was playing last night, heck i play a lot i will be honest and i see complains for pings in clan chat and faction chat alot, even when i do f8 people complain they have high ping... so it is 80% of people having problems you are just the 20% not having.

I am speaking for europe servers idk about the NA servers.

playing nearly everyday miday till late afternoon or night. EU Server Group 4 and i see only a few guys asking if anyone else have problems.

(and yes im in the dominant faction ;)

I use pingplotter and tested both when I'm router via frankfurt level 3 (normal connection) and also via Telia (I use hide.me vpn for this).

either way only the plotting from the final hop matters and it shows 55ms clean as a whistle. i also use TCP packets through port 10100 to the EU ip address and it's also around 55ms, but in game is mostly 130-180ms and it exactly feels like it's lagging by this much.

I even wake up at 5am and try logging and the min ping is 89ms in open world when nothing is happening and nobody is around and my skills are significantly faster, but then jumps up to 170ms in F8 dungeons and everything goes back to shit.

I have spent waaaay too many hours out of curiosity only trying to understand the cause of this problem but I'm starting to believe that the additional lag is a bonus feature from BnS so if I wanted 50ms in the game I need to have 10ms in the real world :)

8 hours ago, MasterYoda said:

i see complains for pings in clan chat and faction chat alot, even when i do f8 people complain they have high ping... so it is 80% of people having problems you are just the 20% not having.

1st rule: Never believe in anything written in the faction chat. Ok, seriously, there are still many people who dont know what fps and ping are and that it's not the same thing. So of course you will find people saying they got a bad ping even if their fps are low because their pc is shit. Believe me, there are people like that. In F8 you cant believe in anyone anyway. Someone sucks with dps: Ping. Someone died because of whatever: Ping. Someone was semi-afk and someone notices: Ping. Dont believe people, many people are liar.

2 hours ago, Zedonia said:

1st rule: Never believe in anything written in the faction chat. Ok, seriously, there are still many people who dont know what fps and ping are and that it's not the same thing. So of course you will find people saying they got a bad ping even if their fps are low because their pc is shit. Believe me, there are people like that. In F8 you cant believe in anyone anyway. Someone sucks with dps: Ping. Someone died because of whatever: Ping. Someone was semi-afk and someone notices: Ping. Dont believe people, many people are liar.

i believe me. i was trying to do bt today and i went from 150ms to 2k and just not even beeing able to cast skill and i wasnt the only one, there were 2 more people from the same country, so something is fishy here, cause i live in a diffent country from them and i lagged too.

*from that lag spire, I have crashed one time in arena and haven't gotten a spike again for today.

Wow speed are you in your own world or what?? I have been playing BnS since BETA and hardly ever have ANY problems. Most of the time it is the end user that creates their own problems and instead of doing what everyone tells them to do they want to blame NcSoft and their servers.  Here are fixes for the majority of problems that us the end users do to cure 95% of the issues:

1 Be sure that your computer is running your games on the dedicated graphics card and NOT the APU's graphics chip. Too many people never even think of this and with the new crop of CPU/APU's this must be done.

2 LOWER YOUR INGAME SETTINGS. 90% of MMORPG's can bring any computer to their knees. This is caused by the way that they use the GPU and APU, and not something serverside. You cannot tell the difference between 40 and 60 fps at all, that is a scientific fact. In 90% of MMORPG's more FPS can hurt instead of help.

3 Ensure that your router and modem have been reset by turning off the power at least once a month. This clears the memory in the router and modem thus freeing up bandwidth.

4 Do not assume that your machine can handle the highest settings just because you think it should. Even high end gaming machines have trouble with MMORPG's due to the fact that the games have to be realistically coded to run smoothly on an amount of hardware that is astronomicaly high. No game will run the same on every machine due to hardware differences.

5 Eye candy is not everything. Turning settings down or even off can help out big time. Certain settings tax theGPU and APU's differently and knowing which does what helps out. A bit of experimentation can be a godsend.

There is more but I only pointed out the basic things users cause themselves. Yes the internet can be a fickle mistress, but it is not always the bad guy like some people think.

Werther its the stupid publisher or the user's lame system/configuration being the crux of the problem, I find it all round ridiculous to not get decent, consistent performance from a game that was released almost five years ago on hardware thats far more than capable of achieving good consistency when most other games that are far more intensive and older, run with better performance and consistency with little to no ongoing problems.

This just goes to show the game was designed from the ground up with little to no foresight whatsoever with all/most emphasis going into the artwork/visuals, and here I thought asians(especially south koreans) were known churning out top tier, god like, high performing, quality technology solutions. Guess I was mistaken on that.

6 hours ago, K4t said:

Werther its the stupid publisher or the user's lame system/configuration being the crux of the problem, I find it all round ridiculous to not get decent, consistent performance from a game that was released almost five years ago on hardware thats far more than capable of achieving good consistency when most other games that are far more intensive and older, run with better performance and consistency with little to no ongoing problems.

This just goes to show the game was designed from the ground up with little to no foresight whatsoever with all/most emphasis going into the artwork/visuals, and here I thought asians(especially south koreans) were known churning out top tier, god like, high performing, quality technology solutions. Guess I was mistaken on that.

You do not realize that even though this game is 5 years old it also uses old school programming systems and engines, which were never really designed to be used for a MMORPG. TERA for example uses the Unreal engine, a First person shooter designed engine. Using a programming engine can make programming any game easy, but with problems depending the type of game. Unless some company decides to create a programming engine with MMORPG's specifically in mind then we must take the good with the evil, which all of us hate. As I explained in my other post the way that a lot of MMORPG's use their programming engine can destroy performance, which can be cured by lowering in-game settings. You cannot expect a perfect game wit the shear number of computer configurations out there. The creators must program for hundreds of thousands of different computers which can and will bring in problems and issues. No 2 computers are created the same, different hardware, different drivers and other different things. Even 2 hardware identical computers can run games differently due to outdated drivers or even the OS being even slightly different.  Nothing in the gaming world is constant and to think that is irresponsible. We all have some issues with the game but 90% of us do not bitterly complain about what we cannot do a thing about.

46 minutes ago, MegaMouseGW said:

You do not realize that even though this game is 5 years old it also uses old school programming systems and engines, which were never really designed to be used for a MMORPG. TERA for example uses the Unreal engine, a First person shooter designed engine. Using a programming engine can make programming any game easy, but with problems depending the type of game. Unless some company decides to create a programming engine with MMORPG's specifically in mind then we must take the good with the evil, which all of us hate. As I explained in my other post the way that a lot of MMORPG's use their programming engine can destroy performance, which can be cured by lowering in-game settings. You cannot expect a perfect game wit the shear number of computer configurations out there. The creators must program for hundreds of thousands of different computers which can and will bring in problems and issues. No 2 computers are created the same, different hardware, different drivers and other different things. Even 2 hardware identical computers can run games differently due to outdated drivers or even the OS being even slightly different.  Nothing in the gaming world is constant and to think that is irresponsible. We all have some issues with the game but 90% of us do not bitterly complain about what we cannot do a thing about.

Um...we shouldnt rly have something like this to be complaining about in the first place. For example Silkroad Online: original release date? 2005, still runs good to this day even on shit pcs. There's archeage(newer but more stresfull than bns) and the game still runs a lot better on the same hardware bns chokes on(even sea raids that can be a mess). 

The devs or whoever made this game from the ground up had no foresight in mind so as a result the newer hardware has to be configured to run the game at peak performance(which it still doesn't do most times).

I have no problems running blade and soul on my system even though the single thread performance isn't great(amd cpu) but I configured it and set the game profile up in such a way where I can at least get the max fps to match my display(60hz) on max display settings(1080p) with max graphics settings(all sliders up). I'm just simply tired of the crying and bickering, "blame players...no blame publisher" back and forth nonsense.  All this shit people shouldn't be doing to run a game thats been out since 2012, especially when there are other publishers/dev teams(shady and scummy as they are) that are simply getting their shit done with little to no excuses or bs. 

This "bend over backwards and take it" mentality shouldn't be tolerated from a game when its supposed to be fun and stress reliving, not inducing. Most of the players playing NA/EU aren't asians(no offense, just reference to culture) where we're just supposed to deal with whatever problems a game is giving. I get its free to play and no one is entitled to squat and even to use that as an argument just proves the "bend over backwards and take it" mentality I just mentioned. This is the west/european gamer population with the majority here, not the eastern/asian.

Archived