Quitting bns? is your excuse relevant or just personal reference?

Parenthesis

Just as I stated above

Im not disagreeing with you guys

I just want to know the REAL reason

I came from many Arpg community and variety such as

Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat 

to Moba such as

Rumble Fighter, Lost Saga, Zone4, Gunz, S4 League, Elsword, etc

real combat, fast combat, animation cancel, skill swap, killer combos have been in my blood for a long time. BnS came along and deliver me my poison.

going from Bm to KFM to SF, anicancel and deadly 100%hp combo have been cocaine for me. I'm not gonna lie that I even using macro just to figure out the exact timing for the anicancel, it really help me improve me a lot more. The most important part is that this has become my poison.

If you are leaving this game and on the verge on this game, let me know if you think there is any option out there for me. I honestly want to know. Give me that crack.

Btw: I tried out Revelation that everyone is hyped about. The combat is terrible. I also tried anicancel in Black Desert, sorry to say that it is as disappointing. 

How do I say this, BLack Desert Online allow you to anicancel, however it rely on ping, server stabilization, and fps.

your skill will hit the target, but your skill deliver the effect in real time, not based on yourself. So when your ping is unstable, the attack is considered "did not cast". So when you attempt anicancel or connected attack, it require you to let that animation rule out completely before you can use the next connecting attack. For Summoner you could prob hit 2 skill at the same time, and with the easy mode assist, the skill will do its own connected attack once the previous dominated skill is done. This assist does not work in BDO, correct me if I'm wrong.

Therefore when you do anicancel in DBO, unlike BnS, the animation doesn't require to have the "sound" effect to the attack to register but DBO you have to wait for your skill to make that cutting or punching sound in order for it to considered a registered attack.

Dont jump the gun yet, I love DBO and Revelation, they definitely live up to the hype, they deliver a lot of contents and variety of social activities that BNS is lacking. But these element does not amount enough to become my poison.

If you guys think there's anything out there that fit my category, please let me know.

11 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

@Lerialis

Ever since they legalized Wtfast I've been using it.

believe me, it was 150ms before

now I run constantly at 90ms

max I get is 120ms.

Still pretty bad. I have under 40ms in every EU game except BnS. So they want from me buy costumes and other things and pay another monthly fee to third side product for their infrastructure fault. GG. Realy GG!

If you love this game, perfect for you. I just saing you and many other players have no standards and you are fine with crap.

The problem is not from the game itself it's from the company that owns BnS (only in NA/EU of course).

BnS indeed have much more better Combat system than RO or BDO, But most people who quit BnS because of Ping/FPS lag.

Speaking about myself If I was playing any other game that has those issues I would quit a long time ago,But the reason i still play BnS because the game itself is one of the best games I've played with Awesome combat system and storyline.

I hope one day NCSOFT will fix there damn servers Q_Q

Most people that i talk to that quit BNS say that it is because of repetition. Day after day of doing the same thing.  Keep in mind these are not your pvp happy players.  They do pvp, but mostly PVE.  I can understand that, even though content releases almost every month, it can be boring running the same 4 dungeons for DC, doing the same quests every day with the same mechanics.  Whenever a dungeon first releases, it's fun doing the blind runs but after that, it's pretty much auto pilot of doing the same thing.

In my opinion, I wish there was some type of PVP/PVE guild base battle (like territory war) where your winnings actually provided some type of achievement that stayed with you until you lost (eso, for instance, had the emperor buff that applied to the faction).  I don't know what happened to infernal battlegrounds, but that really is what I was looking forward to.

The mistake a lot of players make is being ignorant to quitting players, and negligent to their reasoning. I am guilty of doing this too, and it makes sense. Seeing someone leaving something you still enjoy triggers something, but sometimes it is important to actually understand the reasoning behind certain things, such as why some players are quitting this game.
I'm not even gonna bother with the pvp patch notes this week, because it's only my opinion that they were so out of line.
I am so glad that the games you listed were absolutely similiar to the ones I played before as well. Like rumble fighter? We probably might have even met in that game man I used to play that day in day out. My ign was Igoogleit or something idk if you remember that
But anyway, I am not quitting blade and soul, but I know a lot of good reasons other players are, so I decided to tell you here. And given that you have played the games you listed, you'll know what I'm talking about.
1.) Events? - Sure, bns has automated bullcrappy events, but I'm also sure you remember the rumble fighter GM throwdowns that players could take part in and it was a blast. Events like those, staff-player events, are what is missing in bns, and for some people, it's the deciding factor in a game. On that note, here's another reason
2.) Staff? - BNS is in my opinion, the most scarce in staff in game. I've heard this reasoning time and time again where my friends would tell me. "If their own *cricket*ing staff isn't enjoying the game, I don't need to either." is something a friend of mine said before quitting. I tried to argue that staff have better things to do like take care of numerous games, but to an extent he was right. When you see the lack of staff in a game your own enjoyment may take a hit.
3.) Pvp? - One huge thing in games and fighters right now is of course, pvp. Pvp is the literal single thing that brought league of legends to its number 1 spot in the world, because of the sheer size and balance of the game. (Don't kill me OK I know league isn't perfectly balanced). The amount the company Riot has invested into esports and other things has turned league of legends into a phenomenon, with more people watching it's esports than watching the superbowl! This is something ncsoft in THE US, is lacking. You look at BNS in Korea? It's a hit, a huge hit, people love it. The esports scene in Korea is booming like no tomorrow. This is partly due to honestly, the balance in the game. Arena is only balanced to a very slim extent. When you seriously consider level differences and HM skills, arena isn't so balanced after all.
4.) It's a KOREAN game.) - This is one of the more controversial reasons I've seen, but I think it is also one of the most valid. People tend to forget that Blade and Soul was made in, and FOR, South Korea. The fact that the game is localized will always be the reason it will not grow in popularity. The game gets patches later, gets less funding in the US, and is paid less attention in the US. Subconsciously, people that play BNS in the US will of course feel less important. Compare that to a game like Dota or LoL, which was made in the US, it's not much of a surprise that those games are the most popular right now.

Those are four of the best reasons I have seen players quit BNS. Again, I have to note, I AM NOT quitting bns, I actually enjoy the combat (Which is what I feel is the only thing carrying the game forward right now). I realllyyy fear for blade and souls future once revelations is out, but fingers crossed NCsoft decides to fund the US version a little more. 

2 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

Ever since they legalized Wtfast I've been using it.

Wait, really?? Since when?? Sorry this got me curious because I thought it's still against ToS.

On the other hand, I really don't know what to say about those people who quit. The game can't please everyone anyway. Those people who "influences" them could be one. :(

@LlamaDude

i will agree with you, but not on that aspect. Instead of making event dungeon run, they should have made it open world event like ssp or ghs.

having more staff would be nice.

I actually want a staff that's actually playing on my server. In a guild somewhere so I can come and kill him.

pvp I honestly can't make any comment on this topic cuz I have 0 knowledge about it.

Tbh I thinks it's in the mindset that ppl want to support American game rather than an overseas game. This could be something to do with politics that mold the mindset of its citizen.

@xxxAoi

2 months ago, They announced on Twitter and twitch that after a lot of ppl complain about their unstablized server, they decide to made it legal.

however according to the TOS if your files get damage by the 3rd party program, they won't have any "obligation" to help you. (If your premium level is high, it's another story)

this rule also apply to Mods

They won't ban you directly, but if gameguard detects it, the system might ban you.

In TOS also includes that you violate the rules, you can send them an email to appeal.

I don't advise you do it, because gameguard is stupid.

but if that's your poison, go for it! \o/

7 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

2 months ago, They announced on Twitter and twitch that after a lot of ppl complain about their unstablized server, they decide to made it legal.
however according to the TOS if your files get damage by the 3rd party program, they won't have any "obligation" to help you. (If your premium level is high, it's another story)
this rule also apply to Mods
They won't ban you directly, but if gameguard detects it, the system might ban you.
In TOS also includes that you violate the rules, you can send them an email to appeal.
I don't advise you do it, because gameguard is stupid.
but if that's your poison, go for it! \o/

Lol, I don't do any kind of modding but that seems good news to everyone. Not a requirement but helpful. I was worried that WTFast can be used for botting which could potentially affect other users using it because of the same IP. Thanks for the heads up btw.

I left the game 2 months ago! i just check forum since every player i met in game is playing something else. My friend list is at 0/58 all the time. I saw this thread and i just have to say something. The combat is the only plus on this game and everything else is lacking depth, options, optimization, etc. Like many keep stating lag/ping in this game is pretty bad. Even with wtfast from california i still get 80-110 ms. I went back to gw2 and i  have 15 ms at all times. BTF1, Paragon, BTF4 i don't even use wtfast for those. I started playing BnS 3 years ago in the japanese, chinese, taiwan servers just to see which one plays better since the ping was killing me However, i never made it past lvl 45 since i just wanted to learn the mechanics and classes preparing myself for the NA version since it was announces like 2+ years ago. Once the game started i knew something was different, the premium was fix the look like it was something but it was crap. The terrible lag/ping was almost like playing in over seas servers then the constant patches made every month was clear to me i was not going to be able to catch up, enjoy, later on I learned about the upgrade wall and understood this is not game for me despite the good combat system. Animation cancelling is not a good sign since people can abuse it specially in a heavy dependent ping game such as BnS.

After learning every class I understood some classes have an advantage and they are unbalanced in different games modes, Pvp, pve, ssp, 6v6, tag matches. They can most defenitly be abused in one game mode that then other. So why would i play i game that does not need skill level since there is such advantage present and adding the fact the other people have bad pcs, bad ping, bad connection(internet speed) and we have bad servers. How can i feel like a better player when i know other people have such gaps.

#Parenthesis, I'm sorry but i cant recommend any other MMO with the same combat style as BnS. I give up on Korean MMO's. However if you want to try a different type of MMo i recommend you Guild Wars 2.

14 minutes ago, xxxAoi said:

Lol, I don't do any kind of modding but that seems good news to everyone. Not a requirement but helpful. I was worried that WTFast can be used for botting which could potentially affect other users using it because of the same IP. Thanks for the heads up btw.

i think you should read wtfast server for more info. I have been using it since 2 year ago for bns japan, taiwan and china and never had a problem with them. I don't know anyone who was ever banned for using wtfast. They most likely were banned for using mods that is another history.

12 minutes ago, xxxAoi said:

WTFast is a program that boost your connection between your database and main server by creating a new and different gateway within your city. 

it doesn't just use download but also use your upload to send information among fellow user of this gate making your connection faster.

NCSoft doesn't have enough staff to create such server that's why they can't say shit when we use it.

you have to remember they only host 1 server in NCSoft Headquarter, so unless you are near it, (like most ppl report getting only 50ms) you won't get the speed you want.

Botting program is the type of program written in Java and AHK (and many others)that allow the program to interact with the game files to detect and recreate its own rotation of action based on the information received within the game. (Basic Programmer can do)

Gameguard more likely to detect botting program than ping stabilizer program. However I doubt gameguard could do anything tbh.

The game is basically pay to prepare. You can get by not spending a red cent and get gear that will make have  toon capable of running all current content(which takes AAAAAAAALOT of grinding and maybe still a few dollars here and there) but if it is you want to be able to play the next set of content as it comes out, you're clearly going to have to fork out big for it.

Its one of the reasons why these game updates come out faster than the fixes for most of their problems lol. Yes their goal is to catch up to kr and other regions but tbh they really don't have to, its not mandatory and the population wouldn't get so burned out if they didnt play catch up.

Archived