Can't fuse Stalker Soul Shields anymore

lailacampos

Hello, I'm new to the game.

So, I did some digging about fusing soul shields and, as far as I know, I should be able to fuse my Stalker Soul Shields with any soul shields obtained in the Viridian Cost that are:

1. Same or lower quality (either blue or green)
  2. From a different set (so I can't use any from a Stalker set as food too)

Right?

Because I can't fuse any soul shields into my Stalker set. And I did it before using a few Blackram Critical Soul Shields as food. So why can't I do it now?

When I select any of my Stalker Soul Shields with the Manage Equipment option and click on Offering, it says I have no itens that can be selected.

Here's an image:

Screenshot_161027_003.jpg

These are the soul shields I have as of right now:

1. Stalker Soul Shields - numbers 1 to 8 (the ones I'd like to enhance. Of these, four have been fused before)
  2. Undead Accuracy Soul Shield (Req. lvl 7) - numbers 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7
  3. Blackram Critical Soul Shield (Req. lvl 7) - numbers 2 to 8
  4. Blackram Critical Soul Shield (Req. lvl 4) - numbers 1 and 2

Am I missing anything? Is there any reason I shouldn't be able to fuse any of those soul shields?

Thank you in advance :)

43 minutes ago, Etherealz said:

you can fuse soulshield only primers since last patch and primers and those soul shield that are crafted so il sugest you to wait til 50

42 minutes ago, Raizou said:
  • Only Soul Shield Primers can now be fused to other Soul Shields.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/beluga-lagoon-patch-notes/

Oh, I see. I hadn't read the patch notes yet.

I think I fused them before the update, so that makes sense.

Thanks. :)

On another note, what is a Soul Shield Primer? How is it any different from a Soul Shield? And is there anyway I can obtain it this early in the game, or is Shoul Shield fusing something really just best left for endgame now?

Thank you for answering. :)

@lailacampos -  Soul Shield Primer are usually soul shields made from crafting with Soul Wardens guild.  I've heard people saying you can also buy them through some vendors in game, but you're better off buying it from the Auction House.

I wouldn't worry about fusing soul shields until lvl 50+.  You're going to outgrow your Stalker shield and other lower level shields so fast, that it'll be a waste of your fusion powders and unsealing charms to max it out.

@dualistique I see. Thank you. :)

On a separate note, I wish there was some sort of in-game guide or warning about wasting valuable resources early on. Like fusion powders for example.

Something that'd help new players realize how hard something is to obtain.

I've just started playing and, while I did read a bit about the game before I started, I had to clue about what to get rid of or what to save for later. I ended up wasting/selling a few things that I wouldn't have, had I know then what I know now.

I'm now resorting to googling every single new item I come across haha

@lailacampos - it happens.  But when you salvage things, the game does warn you if you are salvaging a heroic item, or superior, etc..

There was a previous post, where me and few others gave lots of information about things you may not know when first playing.  You can probably learn a lot from it - https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/221470-a-few-question-before-i-start-with-the-game/

Feel free to PM me with any other questions, or if you happen to be in the Gunma/Master Hong/Taywong servers, you can always message me in game.  IGN: Dualistique

I have no idea why they implement this change. I have always fuse block soulshield dropped from mobs to my valor stone soulshield before level 50. And I still currently have 800 powders on me. These powder are the only thing that is unlimited in this game. Just why? Block is so useful before level 50. And now it is so hard to fuse them.

@dualistique Thank you very much. :)

I'm happy to find people who go out of their way to make new players feel welcomed ^^

May I add you as a friend in-game?

@SoulsHunter and @R0nin Even though I've only played a bit before the changes were implemented, I have the impression it was not welcomed at all. So not really an improvement.

It seems they purposefully made fusing soul shields something much harder for low level players.

Was there any word from the devs as to why this change was made or what they were trying to accomplish? Some issues they were addressing maybe?

Because I'm just really confused. :/

12 minutes ago, lailacampos said:

Was there any word from the devs as to why this change was made or what they were trying to accomplish? Some issues they were addressing maybe?

Because I'm just really confused. :/

Asked Jonathan via twitter today and now waiting for an answer :/

Archived