Sign in to follow this  
Lycanmaster

You'll lose players to an upcoming game

Recommended Posts

Raizou   

Lol, after the recent patch, you get your class purple weapon through story quest (if i remember correct, i got it while i was doing storyquests in misty woods):P

21 minutes ago, Lycanmaster said:

4h in brightstone....still no weapon for my class to upgrade.

Good game man, see ya guys in revelation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Raizou said:

Lol, after the recent patch, you get your class purple weapon through story quest (if i remember correct, i got it while i was doing storyquests in misty woods):P

 

You get the box but not a weapon. The issue here is that he wasn't well informed enough to save the key from survey to open the weapon box with that. I assume he used it elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iorek   

omg someone is leaving the game because things did not go their way.  

 

Just out of curiosity, what will happen when you end up waiting 4 hours for a low level dungeon that no one does anymore in revelations?

 

ahh nvm, there I go using logic again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kisagii   

This is why you save your moonwater key. If you used it before brightstone then it was a waste. Other than that you just have to keep farming it. 

You get achievements from it anyway so why complain?

Edited by Kisagii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raizou   
1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

You get the box but not a weapon. The issue here is that he wasn't well informed enough to save the key from survey to open the weapon box with that. I assume he used it elsewhere.

No Lunakitty, read the following sentence from the patchnotes carefully:

  • Various Soul Shield sets and Breakthrough weapons are now distributed as rewards through story quests.

 

I have done storyquests in Mistywoods on my sf today, and i got the class weapon via story quest.

Edited by Raizou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   
3 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I have leveled up 2-3 characters by now and NONE of them got the weapon, they only got the weapon box. Experience vs patch notes, which might be more reliable?

The weapons that I am talking about here are literally all of them: Hujikar, Profane, Dokumo, Imperator, Forgotten Brightstone. None of my characters got their class weapon, only the weapon box. Does this mean that they only give the class weapon randomly to people and it's again RNG if you get box or a weapon from the quest?

I also did it on my alt and I did not get the weapon directly only the rng box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Raizou said:

No Lunakitty, read the following sentence from the patchnotes carefully:

  • Various Soul Shield sets and Breakthrough weapons are now distributed as rewards through story quests.

 

I have done storyquests in Mistywoods on my sf today, and i got the class weapon via story quest.

I have leveled up 2-3 characters by now and NONE of them got the weapon, they only got the weapon box. Experience vs patch notes, which might be more reliable?

The weapons that I am talking about here are literally all of them: Hujikar, Profane, Dokumo, Imperator, Forgotten Brightstone. None of my characters got their class weapon, only the weapon box. Does this mean that they only give the class weapon randomly to people and it's again RNG if you get box or a weapon from the quest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raizou   
Just now, Lunakitty said:

I have leveled up 2-3 characters by now and NONE of them got the weapon, they only got the weapon box. Experience vs patch notes, which might be more reliable?

The weapons that I am talking about here are literally all of them: Hujikar, Profane, Dokumo, Imperator, Forgotten Brightstone. None of my characters got their class weapon, only the weapon box. Does this mean that they only give the class weapon randomly to people and it's again RNG if you get box or a weapon from the quest?

Lunykitty, please understand, im neither stupid nor forgetful:

 

  • My SF was Lv 45
  • He was doing story quests in Misty woods TODAY
  • Through a story quest i got my purple class weapon (forgotten brightstone), not box (which you only get through survey...)
  • Another point You said " I have leveled up 2-3 characters by now ": Have you done STORYQUESTS in MISTYWOODS TODAY?

 

And...it would be not fair and doesnt make sense to new players, when only some will get the weapon through quest and others only the box...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Raizou said:

Lunykitty, please understand, im neither stupid nor forgetful:

 

  • My SF was Lv 45
  • He was doing story quests in Misty woods TODAY
  • Through a story quest i got my purple class weapon (forgotten brightstone), not box (which you only get through survey...)
  • Another point You said " I have leveled up 2-3 characters by now ": Have you done STORYQUESTS in MISTYWOODS TODAY?

 

And...it would be not fair and doesnt make sense to new players, when only some will get the weapon through quest and others only the box...

Just give me an hour or so. My character is not yet over that area but I'll keep you informed if I get the weapon or a box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

inb4 he posts on Revelation forum about something.

 

But dang, if they changed it to where the weapons are given through story quests.  That's golden.  Even though, I never had problem since I just use the key that I get from survey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raizou   
34 minutes ago, Nattia said:

I also did it on my alt and I did not get the weapon directly only the rng box.

 

31 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Just give me an hour or so. My character is not yet over that area but I'll keep you informed if I get the weapon or a box.

Act 3, Chapter 25: A knife in the darkness

 

With this quest i got it...

 

Have fun.

Edited by Raizou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draelth   

I'm leveling a new char with those new changes and how brilliants keys are given can create a lot of problems to new players, for example the first Brilliant moonwater key is accompanied by an imperator chest so a new player using that key on that chest is a common issues. Something similar happen with Brilliant Viridiant Key you recive it too soon.

 

From my point of view OP has a valid complain because there is not enough info for a fresh players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightFer   

Dont expect everything to be given to you for free. At least be happy that the quests give you keys and later on they changed it so that all the breakthru items are given to you FOR FREE from the quests (yes thats a feature all other regions have so its not something exclusive for us). We dont need braindead people later on who doesnt know what to do, use your brain for something other than posting stupid complains in the forums. If you dont know what is coming later on for you, I advise you to search for guides and stuff, there are plenty in the web.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raizou said:

Act 3, Chapter 25: A knife in the darkness

 

Have fun.

Oh my that is actually a good change. I didn't level up Misty area after the patches and simply didn't notice that line in notes! That's awesome change and yes you were right! :o Also they do give Imperator weapon so the box is kind of fooling players. But they give out Hujikar box instead of Hujikar weapon and the Profane weapon box got removed completely from the survey just like dokumo weapon box. Instead that one now comes from quest also. O_o This became alot easier all of a sudden and made some dungeons even more deserted but at least people don't need to waste time looking for the dungeons.

 

The negative part of all of this is those people who finished these quests before the patch. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what the cut-off point is for getting the upgrade weapons. With that being said my BM is 42 and has gotten every upgrade/breakthrough weapon up to that point. I even got all the stuff for all the acc's plus 8 SS.

 

A few observations, that will turn new players away: locked in combat bug (even though this is BM and I am alone) and the real killer is 95% of the pre-50 content is a ghost town. If this is an MMO where is everybody?

Edited by KlausFlouride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

I don't know what the cut-off point is for getting the upgrade weapons. With that being said my BM is 42 and has gotten every upgrade/breakthrough weapon up to that point. I even got all the stuff for all the acc's plus 8 SS.

 

A few observations, that will turn new players away: locked in combat bug (even though this is BM and I am alone) and the real killer is 95% of the pre-50 content is a ghost town. If this is an MMO where is everybody?

Then when they get around to F8ing their dungeons, the general toxicity of the playerbase will do them in if they survived that far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2016 at 9:40 PM, Lycanmaster said:

4h in brightstone....still no weapon for my class to upgrade.

Good game man, see ya guys in revelation.

Ya go there, hype game much, remake of the failed blatant BnS clone "Dragon Blade/Sword Online" by a random mmo dishout company. Tru AAA quality right there...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Molok13   

Just looked at this revelation. I say mah. It just looks like a copy past of this game. So you're going to leave this game to basically join the same freaking game. >_>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think Revelation will be casual gamer friendly game you are totaly wrong, i whant to see river of tears when you hit lvl 40+ and ppl start to gank you everywhere  for fun . And revelation rng >bns rng  that i can confirm for sure.  And that game is chinese  hosted by russian company so prepare for insane P2W , it got cool  things like OW pvp and sieges and 100+ raids but if you arent prepared for pvp and huge grind dont even start it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its always the same story:

 

Game A is relased

-hype

 

Game B is announced

-game A is crap, game B will be much better

 

Game B is relased

-hype

 

Game C is announced

.

.

.

keep repeating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shelly   

There's always going to be upcoming games taking away player base of another game. Sometimes it's just hype. Sometimes it's real moving time. I've already quit bns, but no matter what game you go to, the community will probably suck, the way to upgrade will probably suck (if it's a grindy mmo), and with the type of attitude you have.. you're going to find a bunch of flaws with countless other games. It's just a game. If you don't have fun. Just move on. Sure, complaining on forums might cause ncsoft to take action and "improve" the game, but nobody here is really qualified to know what'll make the game better. People (specifically on these forums) tend to complain to make the game easier. That's not the same as better. It's a nice gesture, but never really fixing the main problem. And yeah, sometimes stuff needs to be fixed but ncsoft just didn't have enough foresight and observation to see the problem. A good example is when people complained about the daily challenge changing the pvp from trying to the winning quest. PvE people wanted to change it back because they don't care about pvp people and afkers. Though it's still a problem. Also. You could buy a key to get your weapon with real monies. My motto is. If you're going to play a game completely for free. Be prepared to cry. I didn't participate in Wwv event because I don't have a lot of inventory room to really have a pvp/crit def soul shield and my pve one and work towards the Des tomb/ebondrake one plus event crap because my storage is literally 80percent outfits. I actually don't craft often because I'd have no room to hold my craft stuff. In end game dungeons... I hardly ever see nonpremiums like me. XD though I quit.

 

Edited by Shelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this