Summoner nerfed.. again..

Lurkios

I don't even mind the nerf and for me it's just the right thing to do... I didn't chose sum as my main bec it was easy... I chose it bec I like the game play and utilities... but this so called nerf is alright cause we gotta play around our build and sunflower build is getting boring anyways... so I liked how you can respec on certain situation... you can't just play it brain dead at it was... so I'm loving it... like I said it's not for everybody anymore...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are just admitting that they are trying to make the class less appealing to the average player.

I would think they want to keep player base, not lose it, since the game has been fading hard since about mid-summer.

Support class? This exist in games like WoW  but we are playing bns here no such "support class" so please stop calling sum/wl support class or let make it fair. If we are support class then why fms,sin,kfm,sf have party buff? If you want to call us support class then ask ncsoft to remove your party buff is fair deal. Iam WL btw not summoner

@Etherealz

it's braindead if you just spam it and still won't give you max dps... you need to do some steps to make it effective and right build for your focus... it cost 3 focus to use... if you got a tank on pt it's better cause you can spec the cat for focus regen, then you got doom n bloom.. need to spec neetles for focus regen too... and to max it out you still need petal toss and go near boss and get hit with seed shroud... tell me if all this steps are for brain dead and prove that everyone without the right knowledge of thier sum can pull it off...

and don't forget... everyone ask for heal... party iframes and cc on top of all this...

5 hours ago, xNina said:

Support class? This exist in games like WoW  but we are playing bns here no such "support class" so please stop calling sum/wl support class or let make it fair. If we are support class then why fms,sin,kfm,sf have party buff? If you want to call us support class then ask ncsoft to remove your party buff is fair deal. Iam WL btw not summoner

Excellent point

Everyone has a right to express how they are feeling right now with the changes in the present, here and now.  As for myself, I am working around the changes and trying out different things. I would use bees more often, but it feels so weird and for some weird reason the sound effects on it make me feel like I am not doing any damage.

When you use Sunflower and Nettles you hear that booom booom kind of sound (not like that) but you Summoners know what I mean, and it's so rewarding.

What I've ended up doing is checking if my party has a WL in it, if it does, I'll juggle Bee and Sunflower specs for Bosses and trash. If no, then I stick as Sunflower for the whole run for the various area damage requirements and trying to find a comfortable rotation for Bees just isn't worth the hassle. While soloing or in pvp, I've found that I kill stuff more slowly as Bees spec, again, the Bees spec really feals clunky and uncomfortable to use.

I really do want to use an actual rotation beyond Sunflower spam, but the way our skills are set up now and the way Bees operates, I can not find a fun way to play with it. My FM on the other hand is crazy fun to play now thanks to them moving the awakened skill and grabbed enemy attacks to better buttons... it feels like she does almost as much damage as my SMN now...

17 minutes ago, Meginb said:

I really do want to use an actual rotation beyond Sunflower spam, but the way our skills are set up now and the way Bees operates, I can not find a fun way to play with it. My FM on the other hand is crazy fun to play now thanks to them moving the awakened skill and grabbed enemy attacks to better buttons... it feels like she does almost as much damage as my SMN now...

I get what you mean here... the only way to learn a rotation is to be playing that way from the start... hence why I struggle to understand dragoncall usage because I have muscle memory or helix, would be the as bees vs sun flower... you are used to sun flower so bees feel outta place

8 hours ago, Meginb said:

What I've ended up doing is checking if my party has a WL in it, if it does, I'll juggle Bee and Sunflower specs for Bosses and trash. If no, then I stick as Sunflower for the whole run for the various area damage requirements and trying to find a comfortable rotation for Bees just isn't worth the hassle. While soloing or in pvp, I've found that I kill stuff more slowly as Bees spec, again, the Bees spec really feals clunky and uncomfortable to use.

same for me, even in my testings i stuck realy hard with s3t5 bees in dps. (something around 5-8k against sunflower)
I nearly have no real idea how i can get so much focus i need for this build. Yes i have specced s3t3 nettles, but even with that i have a 3 seconds downtime between doom n gloom and nettles and thats where my dps lack realy hard.

But with sunflower i have my proper roations, its nearly the same as with bees, but there i have no downtime cause of overflow.

14 hours ago, Meginb said:

This is exactly how I feel about using bees, and I have tried knowing that the day was going to come when I would have too. Regardless, no matter what I do it feels off or "clunky" as you put it "not fun", and this why I always stick with Sunflower.

8 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

same for me, even in my testings i stuck realy hard with s3t5 bees in dps. (something around 5-8k against sunflower)
I nearly have no real idea how i can get so much focus i need for this build. Yes i have specced s3t3 nettles, but even with that i have a 3 seconds downtime between doom n gloom and nettles and thats where my dps lack realy hard.

But with sunflower i have my proper roations, its nearly the same as with bees, but there i have no downtime cause of overflow.

If you have a tank in the pt, spec into S1 crouch to help with the focus regen (especially since you can reset it). What Ive found atm is that if I dont get a counter in everytime I can, my dps is inferior with S3 compared to S4 in prolonged fights. In short fights, S3 is way better because of the burst it provides. My DPS in long fights with S3 is 2-3k less than with S4 but thats simply because my laptop cant handle me being in melee range all the time because of graphical lag, so I try and stay further away. However, I have much higher periods of increased DPS with S3 than I do with S4 because of the burst periods. I think that we just dont have the gear yet that would definitively say S3>S4 yet. Once we get the Bracelet and Elemental acc (which help with focus regen > earring gives 20% focus on crit at max rank), I can see S3 becoming the better option.

Oh, it also doesn't help that they've broken something with our Cats because the stupid thing gets caught on stuff, lags out and has skill delays that are even worse than they were before the update...using Beckon doesn't reset it like it used to, trying to CC properly in PvE is hit or miss and Arena is a test of patience because most of the time the Cat just won't use the skill until I've mashed the key multiple times... by then, the player has moved away from it so it misses and wastes it anyway... I'm over the nerf to our damage but they really need to fix the unresponsive skills and wonky AI with the Cat, otherwise I really might have to consider /rageswitching to my FM as main...  >: (

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:06 AM, Meginb said:

My personal experience is that the majority of players are selfish and the class isn't specific, just that the game in its current state basically encourages selfishness. I have a FM and a KFM which I enjoy immensely, but you should be playing with the assumption that you aren't getting any help from anyone else. I don't need or want thanks for being a pro Summoner, I just want people to understand that it's not fair to bully people to such an extent just for picking and playing a class that they have no control in designing.

I apologise if it seems like I am bullying summoner, I just want to get it across that summoner complaining that their utility is useless are not making any sense. They claim that they "love their class" yet keep complaining that their utility is useless? Might as well go play a FM or BM? Seems to suit them better -.-

I am not trying to pick a fight here but I would like to say that the point of partying up in a MMORPG is so that players learn how to support and help each other. Maybe I should go back to playing old MMORPG with holy trinity because it seems BNS awesome new concept is going to waste with 'elitist' thinking every player in the game have god skill or god gears. If I am that awesome I would solo the dungeon, I party up with others because I NEED their help. But again elitist would just say I am a scrub and dumb player wanting to be carried?

I am also greatly confused by your posts. You mentioned that summoner utility is useless except for people stupid enough to fail a boss but you mentioned that you love playing a support class and helping others. You mentioned that people are selfish, that people should play with the assumption that we are not getting any help. So are you promoting everybody to be selfish and everybody should not expect help from anybody? Again I would like to point out I don't have god skills nor god gears Q.Q

the only problem i have with summoners in pve, they are still alooot sums that are taunting with their pet even tho i have asked them not to do it.. 

im kfm, and its really annyoing .. :P

about nerfs to the class sure, i think they should stop nerf them.. 

i would say kfms needs some love from ncsoft too ^_^

19 hours ago, Suldren said:

This is exactly how I feel about using bees, and I have tried knowing that the day was going to come when I would have too. Regardless, no matter what I do it feels off or "clunky" as you put it "not fun", and this why I always stick with Sunflower.

Same here. Before this patch the instant cast on bees was really instant cast now its like snail slow, and really more troublesome than sunflower.

Bees is just worthless now tbh.

I don't know. I made this class because I like cats, and I found it fun. Made a bd and didn't like it, decided between fm and summoner and ended up choosing this class because it seemed different than what I'm used to. And I love cats, meow. Only problem is even though the other summoners quit, I am getting bored of this game. I already have trouble catching up because I can't do the same things over and over again and take breaks a lot. I made an alt for this reason but I don't expect him to be lvled anywhere high. My summoner is still my main but I might quit out of boredom rather than worrying about dps. I already haven't really played at all this week.

7 minutes ago, Kisagii said:

Ok here is something I've found. Are you saying you have low dps from using sunflower? Try using Bees stage 3 with rosethorn stage 1 including petal storm toss.

Then let's see how good your dps is.

I'm doing this -and seems so strange and slow to cast ,I'm also moving a lot and is clumsy as never before .Before patch the bees build were somehow viable as cast time -yet for me seems kind of useless .

Archived