Summoner nerfed.. again..

Lurkios

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summoner is meant to be a support class not a dps class. The utilities that summoner class can bring to any match are above par any other class. Like have anyone seen how many summoners are in top rank TOI compared to other classes? 3x more thats what

26 minutes ago, Phyie said:

Summoner is meant to be a support class not a dps class. The utilities that summoner class can bring to any match are above par any other class. Like have anyone seen how many summoners are in top rank TOI compared to other classes? 3x more thats what

If your first sentence was true, which it isn't, then we wouldn't have made the levels of DPS we did for as long as we have.,

Always, every patch coming a nerf to summoner. Someone says in forum topics : " You are not dps character, so you dont need damage! You are much stronger. bla bla" < they are doing Racism! 

If we are stronger, we not need upgrade wep/acc. Is it true?

If we was doing upgrade our wep / acc / ss , they will weaken us every patch!  

With 500ap 2K crit we are GOD in game! Wow 700+ ap BM , KFM , Destroyer, FM , WL , BD users are very afraid from us. We kill this lols with a single stroke. Puhaha.. Find a place for cowards in this game.

I mean they call us a support class, but the game comes down to dps in pve. More DPS, faster farm, etc. Summoner was top tier dps and still is good dps but each little nerf is just pushing us back so people complain less because they don't know how to deal with sustain in pvp. It has nothing to do with our PVE output. If the game was focused around utility, then you would see people asking for summoners (aside from 1 stealth mechanic in ebondrake). The split in dps will grow as they add more crit dmg gear. I actually have 3 classes over 600 ap, and the numbers I was seeing on both my sin and BM were just insane for their gear level compared to summoner. They both have utility. The only thing I have over them is heal/survivability. I notice it most when I play in 6v6 against hm 11-15s. Sit there spamming dmg, and with crit defense and all the hp, it takes forever to kill someone. If you want to nerf summoner, nerf our heal, since all game modes revolve around dps. 

when i hear you guys with support im just gonna puke ... 

1st thing u say we can revive you but w8 we have to be dead to do that is very usefull since boss will reset anyway or cat will die since then

2.heal i hardly use it tbh since every class got like tons of regen on their main skills

3.the part with pin is true i don't have any objection

4.and summ do more dmg then other classes ? really ? here im talkin about guild runs only not about pug ppl where mostly either slack either don't know the rotation ... the only classes that i can outdpsed was bd and destro and them just by a little like 1-2k at most ... now ...

5.lets just make a comparation with sins "they both have party invis , both have projectile protection , sin got taxi they got buff with have "70% lifesteal" there goes your heal is not like summ heal but still , dunno about cc's cause i didn't played sin but all classes have them ... now summ what have , a 4 sec pin . some kind of heal that is pretty useless now with pets and other "balance" skills that they added/buffed this patch wanna talk about dmg too that even b4 this patch sin dmg was with 3k+ higher oke now its like 8-10k and i told uh i am talking about guild runs not that f8 where everyone does whatever they want

and 1 more thing like 90% of players don't even care about "supports" since they are useless and this game is dmg oriented 

Not sure about the extent of this nerf, it was warranted though. At top level play, summoner had the highest dps out of all classes last patch. There was a rather informative thread on reddit regarding this. How many classes do you know that could hit 64k dps in tomb and 50k in Ebondrake? There's also screenshots detailing this.

Summoner dps - Ebondrake patch

Really don't get how Summoners can complain when other classes still fall way below their max potential damage even with this slight nerf. Destroyers have occupied the very bottom slot for an age now. No amount of complaints will make a difference if their situation is anything to go by.

Maybe you should wait until you have maxed out all your soulshields and got the best pve tribute tokens that aren't even in our client yet, that's the general response that anyone foolish enough to play Destroyer is usually given. 

1 hour ago, HeyBear1 said:

Not sure about the extent of this nerf, it was warranted though. At top level play, summoner had the highest dps out of all classes last patch. There was a rather informative thread on reddit regarding this. How many classes do you know that could hit 64k dps in tomb and 50k in Ebondrake? There's also screenshots detailing this.

Summoner dps - Ebondrake patch

Really don't get how Summoners can complain when other classes still fall way below their max potential damage even with this slight nerf. Destroyers have occupied the very bottom slot for an age now. No amount of complaints will make a difference if their situation is anything to go by.

Maybe you should wait until you have maxed out all your soulshields and got the best pve tribute tokens that aren't even in our client yet, that's the general response that anyone foolish enough to play Destroyer is usually given. 

slight nerf you say ... yeah no complain bees were pretty op except the fact thay you would actually have to act as melee back then but now their dmg is reduced by 35-45% dunno exactly mine goes from 16.5k to 10k and as far as you can see in those pics they were using both buffs + end burst for summ and i was talkin about sunflower dmg tho that was pretty oke but now i just lose like 20% of dmg while other classes get some or stay as they were i just don't feel good with this 

just to be clear i won't complain about nerf of the bees cause they were pretty insane i will complain about sunflower which was just like the other classes and now is far far away

After playing SMN for a day I'm left wondering if NC bothers to test these patches at all... I almost hope not, because otherwise it means there's some intern who got put in charge of testing summoner balance somewhere who is so woefully incompetent they're going to forget to breathe at some point and just keel over on the keyboard.

Well... they'll be found quickly at least. If a patch went by without a summoner nerf surely someone at NC would notice.

I for one agree with the summoners.

As a summoner, you should be able to tank (Destro, BM, BD, KFM)

You should be able to deal a huge amount of dps (FM)

You should have great heals (SF)

You should have stealth (Assassin)

You should have an auxillary DPS other than yourself (WL)

You should be able to pin opponents (Destro, BM, BD, KFM)

Any other classes I'm missing? 

As a summoner, you should get to do everything else every other class can do but 10x better?

This is coming from a SF that literally got the worse skills from TWO parent classes.

I agree 100% that this nerf should have been implemented a long time ago.

since beginning of time, summoner is suppose to be a support class not a dps class.

Summoner have the cc and anti of every other class, not only that they can do a lot of dps. I forgot the part where they can tank too.

do you agree that a party consist of all summmer can do better job than any other class combined.

@Iorek

i don't really mind removing heal from z and change it back like it was b4 i also din't mind removing our taunt skill and some others aswell but since this game is dmg oriented in pve not " yay im invis now what" or "my cat slap that thing like a boss while i was raping it" so if you want to nerf just nerf others things not the dmg while buffing the others and then just say to us "you have others things to compensate" well guess what you can f*** others things cause if you don't have enough dps nobody will get you in and this is just the truth you can have your "tank skill" ... why would we need that when we can have a bm that does 15k more dps then you and have a nicer party iframe or why would we need you cat pin when we have a bm who does again 10k more dps and we can use restrain skills while he is grabing it and i can continue if you want but i don't see the point

@Parenthesis

if that would have happend long time ago i wouldn't be here complaining belive me but is not normal to decide to change a class from dps to support after ppl were farming for their items and stuff if you want to add a support class to this game just add another class so everyone can decide if they want or not to play support class

8 minutes ago, Etherealz said:

@Iorek

i don't really mind removing heal from z and change it back like it was b4 i also din't mind removing our taunt skill and some others aswell but since this game is dmg oriented in pve not " yay im invis now what" or "my cat slap that thing like a boss while i was raping it" so if you want to nerf just nerf others things not the dmg while buffing the others and then just say to us "you have others things to compensate" well guess what you can f*** others things cause if you don't have enough dps nobody will get you in and this is just the truth you can have your "tank skill" ... why would we need that when we can have a bm that does 15k more dps then you and have a nicer party iframe or why would we need you cat pin when we have a bm who does again 10k more dps and we can use restrain skills while he is grabing it and i can continue if you want but i don't see the point

You can get in with the ap

most ppl don't really care about your dps unless it's a 4man

what are you talking about?

even in character creation, they also said summoner is a support class not a dps class.

are you even listening to yourself right now?

You don't need dps!

most ebondrakw party I was in, summoner was so focus on doing dps that they don't even care about healing or doing cc for the boss.

even if someone said your dps is low, so what? You are a support class for christ's same.

if you want a main dps focus class, summoner isn't the one!

even if someone said your dps is low, so what? You are a support class for christ's same.  and there it goes with what i said b4 

talking about ebondrake - oke so on first boss is pretty hard to kd the boss since your cat is either dazed either you have to w8 til he finaly get close to boss either you will just waste your stun so you can kd him

Sec boss no objection you can cc him easly like all other classes does

and on third boss yeah you can cc him again pretty ez if you know how and belive me is not like you say that "so what" ... that so what is like "oke we won't take you for futher runs " and slowly remain to farm everything alone so gl with that"

and yeah its "support" since last 2 patches when i was starting it wasn't even close to support

+ kr need support , maybe i guess they need

na/eu need support with current content ... i know for sure they don't 

25 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

they just announced another sum nerf coming, and a bm buff xD

says i

Source?

16 minutes ago, Etherealz said:

even if someone said your dps is low, so what? You are a support class for christ's same

In a game where "support" is only required when DPS is lacking and players are kicked for numbers thanks to the godawful meters everyone with half a brain said not to implement... it matters.

@Etherealz

let me rephrase what you said

you want to removed support skill out of a support class which I mention before, you should've known since they said this in character creation page and  even in NCsoft class trailer.

they should've done that long time ago?

you should've realized a long time ago.

Beside please try to use BnStree more often, this patch note was display 1-2 months ago.

if you don't like your class, just reroll.

I could reroll my whale BM with 650AP

im sure you can too.

from the sound of it, you don't seem to run ebony very often.

if you ever run 4man, you suppose to save your approach skill until he open for cc for the first boss.

on 2nd boss, the side adds always run toward the tanker, if you don't cc him before he jump to middle and everyone lost target cuz the main boss's crosshairs is overlapped, party is screwed.

Last boss, you don't cc.... 

please don't tell me if I know when to cc and when to not. Because from the sound of it, you obviously dont.

@Lurkios

you obv have not play long enough

supporr is required everywhere

especially in a new dungeon that bring new AP standard for players

the aoe dmg would kill any player or tanker without healing

remember, you are not just saving your tanker, you are also saving your dps teammate as well

you are kicked from a party?

please give me an example and situation where you are kicked from party where there's absolutely no kick option in the game?

please don't tell me you are kicked when you are in the lobby because that would be funny.

or I would say "deja Vu"?

they would've know your dps meter before getting in the dungeon ok.

seriously that would be understandable as well

say I would make party of 700+ in my party then I wouldn't required healing or cc at all.

and you would go on forum and complain about us not taking you 600 and 650s?

and we go back to the part where community is racist toward low AP player. Well I could go on about this.

@Parenthesis

tbh i don't run it very often since i don't need anything from there at all but i know the mechanics so yeah save your approach skill which is tab and voilla tab is ur stun aswell so if he start with kd you either just leave it to others either waste ur stun either kd him like 0.5 before he is not cc' able again and on 3rd boss i was saying about summ that is pretty ez to cc him not about you and if there are no players with daze tab you have to or you can chill and die   .. sec boss is almost the easiest boss in the game so i won't bother with him

i sayed what i had to even that i know it won't change a freakin thing 

@Etherealz I run it everyday trying to complete the set. Even when I don't play summoner I know this

i always take my clanmate with 600ap to 4man cuz he's really good. 

in 4man 2nd boss is actually the most annoying boss if your team AP is below 700.

You are right it won't change a thing however, what you summoner don't realized is that in future content your skill dmg will be boosted again, this is only a temporary change. But you also need to remember is that in future content summoner will also get boost a lot more in support skill and turn this class to what it will really be.

you need to get with the system. The massive boost on support skill is crazy.

if you want to reroll you should do it now. I'll say again, if you want a dps class you should roll for warlock or fm

especially FM

they are getting nothing but dps buff

we are not talking about mere 100% or 500% or even 1,000%. We are talking of ....

you get the idea.

@Parenthesis

well i already started that but farming all over again its a pain and you know that and i have runned some 4 citadel with my guild aswell 600-700ap depends but we never had any trouble there even in 3 ... the only things that make me angry is that i have to pug all over since most of my clan already got legendary rings and neck and some of them have 300 runs in tomb aswell and hardly run it 

Archived