Summoner nerfed.. again..

Lurkios

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damage of Sunflower/Stage 3 Rumblebee is certainly nerfed. You deal like 1,000 less damage per critical hit.

However, Awakened.Sunflower rocks. I never score a 24k damage with critical hit before with JUST Soulburn.

Not sure about Awakened Stage 3 Rumblebee, cuz I'm still learning its rotation.

I agree. The nerf seemed a bit too far. I think some players who have never played as a sum fail to realize that as a player we are controlling and having to keep track of two characters. I have to play with my cat a lot of time when I can't see him because he is behind me and I'm trying to get away from the other player. Attacking with the cat stops me from attacking with my character and vise versa. Playing as a sum isn't as easy as other players think. Sure some people just let the cat off and do it's own thing but doing that weakens the sum alone. Going back and forth between me and the cat wasn't too bad when I could I catch missteps with a rumble bees. Sunflowers was what I had to use against sins since I can use that without having to have a target. It certainly helped when I have to run away from a player's attack to get some damage in. Every class has a strong point. Making some points stronger is definitely good for the classes that need it but still I feel that sums took a big hit this time around. Pretty soon I feel that, because a lot of players gripe about them and a lot because we have a cat, being one won't be fun anymore because they'll just become weak because we have a cat as well.

Also, Destroyers were made stronger? Really? I can't get near them with their move and as soon as I get hit, it's practically game over. Now I really feel like I won't stand a chance. Sins have become a bit easier to play against. I don't know if it was the last update or if it is because I have gotten a little better but sins have definitely felt more balanced against other players or at least against sum. Either that or I haven't gone up against players who have fully learned how to play them. Either way, destroyers are hard to get close to as is and all I have against them was my rumble bees because catching them in the snares and stuff never seems to hold them or blade dancers. Cats against them are useless pretty much because they get knocked out like right away and stay like that forever. What gives by the way with letting a move keep someone knocked out for that long? One hit and it's like I lost my cat for the rest of the match.

Anyway, any advice from fellow sums on a build? I just got used to what I was working with from the last update. 

This is not even a pvp update, pve wise I have no idea why so many complaints. Maybe your dps was too high in the past you don't even know how to play with bees?

Start experimenting with different builds and learn how to play a summoner and please learn how to support the party. Freaking annonying that I was always happy to party with summoner in Tw region but here all the summoner player only care about their own dps. Go play a KFM or BM if you want to only care about your own dps.

2 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

If supporting party with dps, tanking, healing, stealth, cat pin, is not fun for you. You only want 1 single thing (DPS). I suggest playing another class like KFM, they cannot do anything, only just dps.

Both BM and KFM has their party role as tanker with their own utility. BM is defensive one with party protection, and KFM is offensive one with party DPS buff and very long pin.

13 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

As long as Summoner still has their diverse utility and party still wants the class as a good supporter, I don't really care about 1,000 or 2,000 DPS loss :d

The awakened skills are huge buff though with a WL in party.

FM tier of DPS with AoE effect

Party stealth protection

Self protection barrier

Stealth counter (dunno if i facing a summoner or assassin)

Party heal

Party ressurection

Anti projectile

Many CCs and anti CCs

Cat pin & cat knock up attack (free 5 sec of dps)

The only thing u dont have from FMs is 10 sec ice tab and FM only have your anti projectile, self protection barrier and party protection sheath. why take a FM to a party if summoner have them all? its just a little dps nerf, deal with it

Qei obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. My friend is a FM and im a summ. The difference in damage is by leaps and bounds. A good FM will out damage a summoner. BEFORE the patch summoner was top damage ONLY, and ONLY IF they ran tier 3 bees with petal toss AND was good with it. Examples of this is shugi, he did considerably well with bees and usually topped the charts. After the nerf bees are garbage and sunflower kinda sucks. You don't play summoner so you obviously don't know the big difference in damage.

2 hours ago, Qei said:

Party stealth protection

Self protection barrier

Party heal

Party ressurection

Anti projectile

Many CCs and anti CCs

The only thing u dont have from FMs is 10 sec ice tab and FM only have your anti projectile, self protection barrier and party protection sheath. why take a FM to a party if summoner have them all? its just a little dps nerf, deal with it

We aren't the only class that can AoE, I hear Warlocks are pretty good at that too.

The first 3 you listed are basically one skill on a cooldown that can feel like an eternity in pve content. The first 2 has variants on other classes so it's not like we're that unique.

Soul Fighter has it too, and they aren't that terrible when played well, so again we're not unique. Sure it's nice to have the extra healing but if you rely on having that, you should probably look at how you're playing your class...

If you actually have to use the rez, it'd be faster to reset the fight and start over, I can count the number of times I've actually had to use this outside of soloing stuff. And it's got a long cooldown.

Sure, it's nice to be able to move and attack while using Petals, FMs have it too, they just have to stay near enough to the bubble which is good enough most of the time(and it lasts longer).

CCs which require that cat of ours to not be CC'd or dead in pvp and in pve, some bosses glitch out if we pin them which is bad and using the knock up is also bad. Sometimes our CCs don't even register on bosses during mechanics that could wipe the group, so it's easier to let a more reliable CC class do them...

Why take a Summoner when you could take a FM and Sin for higher Dps? I guess we Summoners will just have to hire a Warlock to Soulburn every fight to maximize our damage... which FMs do even better with now...

I get why people cry about Summoners, I've dueled some and found it annoying, but it's not like I can't kill other classes or that Summoners can't be killed, I get wrecked by melee who know what they're doing.

Instead of nerfing classes into the ground, how about bringing the other classes up to par? I know, that's some crazy talk right there, but remember that class... I think it's called Destroyer, apparently they exist in this game and could use some love.

3 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Both BM and KFM has their party role as tanker with their own utility. BM is defensive one with party protection, and KFM is offensive one with party DPS buff and very long pin.

Yea, and summoner can provide said party protection and said cat pin all by himself, and can even let cat be the tanker :S

BTW if KFM actually pin the boss most likely he will lose the aggro, while summoner cat pin the boss mostly likely he can get the aggro :S

Lets all reroll to summoner \0.0/

Edit: I honestly don't mind buffing the dps of summoner, but balance is important if you want more dps then you have to exchange for less utility. And judging from all these complaints post, I seriously hope NCSoft remove their stealth, their range shield, their cat pin, their heal and revive, and increase their dps. It is what they want right? All these complains that their utility are useless, go on ahead NCSoft remove them please.

6 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Damage of Sunflower/Stage 3 Rumblebee is certainly nerfed. You deal like 1,000 less damage per critical hit.

However, Awakened.Sunflower rocks. I never score a 24k damage with critical hit before with JUST Soulburn.

Not sure about Awakened Stage 3 Rumblebee, cuz I'm still learning its rotation.

Did you read this before you posted it? Awakened skills only work IF there is an WL in your pt, outside of that they do nothing.

8 hours ago, Lurkios said:

Alright, we were strong - but the nerf went WAY too far. This does not feel good, this is not fun.

(Speaking purely of PvE, yet to try in PvP.)

Right, one of my clan does 48k instead of 52k DPS in Tomb now.. only 48k. Without blue buff or soulburn. Poor poor Summoners!

19 minutes ago, Leyren said:

Right, one of my clan does 48k instead of 52k DPS in Tomb now.. only 48k. Without blue buff or soulburn. Poor poor Summoners!

Tomb is without comparison because of the attack buff you get from the orbs, so your comment is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

The issue is that due to this nerf, soloing a lot of content is way way more difficult than it should be and some are now nearly impossible to do, while other classes can easily clear them in a way faster time.

This isnt balance, this is just to make people shut it that simply cant get good to beat a class who isnt really hard to beat.

Other versions still have their elemental accessories which boosts their damage by a lot we never got those so this basically screwed a lot of things over.

7 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

The issue is that due to this nerf, soloing a lot of content is way way more difficult than it should be and some are now nearly impossible to do, while other classes can easily clear them in a way faster time.

Soloing with summoner is hard? I must be missing something :S

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Tomb is without comparison because of the attack buff you get from the orbs, so your comment is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Nonetheless, you won't see many others putting out such a dps, 50% ap buff or not.

12 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Soloing with summoner is hard? I must be missing something :S

yes you are, reality.

5 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Both have extremely high DPS,

4 hours ago, Qei said:

Party stealth protection

Self protection barrier

Party heal

Party ressurection

Anti projectile

Many CCs and anti CCs

Sum doesnt have nearly fm dps. And lets go to each class and compare them to eachother. Basically every skill is similar to every other class.

5 minutes ago, Skynemis953 said:

Sum doesnt have nearly fm dps. And lets go to each class and compare them to eachother. Basically every skill is similar to every other class.

Can KFM protect the whole party with stealth? Can KFM protect the whole party with freeze? Can KFM press a simple Q button to get aggro? Can KFM pin the boss and still deal the most damaging rotation? Can KFM heal the party? Can KFM revive the whole party?

Im lazy to do this for the rest of the class. I will leave it for others.

57 minutes ago, Leyren said:

Irrelevant and highly unlikely. Can you provide a screen shot at the end of the dungeon?

22 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Sure if you like dps so much go create a KFM.

I switch to WL already.

Archived