Got Wrecked by summoner?

Cutter21

Hello BNS PVP Community,

I'm a long time veteran of pvp and games, but not in blade and soul!  Ran across an equally geared Summoner at level 28 in open world, and he killed me in quite literally, 3 seconds.  Anyone give me the skinny? Am I missing something?  I can't kill someone that quickly (I'm KFM) even when they're under-geared.

I don't get bitter over losing, but maybe summoner a bit over the top at level 28?

We got to chatting and he was willing to come out again and fight a bit, again, me dying in 3-5s

Here's a screenshot of our stats next to each other;

Summoner receives most of their core abilities early on, and alot of their usability is enabled with a few skill points.
Your hear also might seem close, but considering the numbers are lower at lower levels the relative difference is huge between you. That summoner has 1/7th more AP than you, has like 1/6th more crit rate, a little bit more crit damage. Everything else melts in  lower levels as well.

An assassin or Destroyer at your level would be able to kill you in 1 stun with the use of 2-3 abilities.
You would also be able to deal huge damage, but your plan would be indirect. You'd want to use Q and E to slide around the summoner, while the cat attacks you. This will let you trigger your 4 instantly if you put your points for it. Doing this 2 times would also kill the summoner.

PvP in this game will generally be a very frustrating experience why you figure out abilities. After that it's much more enjoyable as you start to figure out how to CC, use your immunities, bait out enemy defences etc.

on a sidenote summoner is the most punishing class where the opponent knows little about the summoner, so that match-up in particular will become easier as you gain more knowledge of both your class and the summoner class

This is a fantastic response. Thank you very much.  After running around a bit more I realized that with a quick stun in to a falling star combo I could kill before they get to do anything - much like what i had experienced on the receiving end.  I've played the arena a bit and I really enjoy it, bit more slow paced than level 28.

I only disagree with your identification of gear, my damage was slightly behind, but the rest of my gear was the same or slightly better, and I have about 1/4th more hit points.

Thanks again and I hope this has helped someone besides myself too!

• 1 month later...

got rekt by every other class at hm11 who were using breeze weapon. hello bns community i am a sm with over 10 months of gameplay and gold(plat could have been..ty bm players)

there was this ...this gold destroyer that was cueing in and i lost all my chances to go plat .we get to chatting and all i could say was "please don't cue please"

wait all this is *cricket* i have great gears and all i would do is threat them i will kill you in owpvp x'D

but anyways i really love bns matchmaking especially in 6v6 x'D and i also love how people try to endlessly pvp at below hm6 x'D

Archived