Forums

FPS & Lag Issue After Update

Sythisis

Game is nearly unplayable for me atm.

FPS went from 30-35 FPS to 10-13 FPS standing still in Mushin's Tower. If I start using skills, I go down to 5-8 FPS. CPU usage went up even more and the graphical lag is insane. NCSoft pls.

TO EVERYONE WHO'S HAVING THIS ISSUE:

I just went into my NVidia settings and for my BnS the settings had been reset and it was using my integrated graphics card instead of my NVidia. I switched it and the FPS issues have been solved. Still lagging here and there but thats just their server quality. Thanks for mentioning it @Lunakitty

22 minutes ago, Dad said:

Stop saying it's our graphics card, everyone knows it's the game. My FPS went from 30 to 0 soon as I entered arena. This happened last patch also.

We are not saying all the issues are due to that. Those who got this issue starting from today's patch the graphic card setting is most likely the issue. If you had this issue always then it's something else.

The FPS drops after the update is likely caused by the graphics settings. It's using your motherboard's onboard RAM instead of the graphics card. You need to spec is somewhere depending on the graphics card you use.

EDIT: Just for the heck of it and looks like most of us here don't know what to search on Google.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

And for those using Windows 10, this is probably why you're getting lower FPS than Windows 7:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3h3hpl/windows_10_isnt_using_dedicated_gpu/

To Mods: I don't know if you would allow external links but go ahead and edit my post.

These steps are for nVidia graphics cards but there's also instructions for AMD.

2 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

We are not saying all the issues are due to that. Those who got this issue starting from today's patch the graphic card setting is most likely the issue. If you had this issue always then it's something else.

Issue started 3 patches ago, I should have known better to just bash out skills before going into arena and this is what I got out from it *sigh*

1 hour ago, Meese said:

FPS went from 30-35 FPS to 10-13 FPS standing still in Mushin's Tower. If I start using skills, I go down to 5-8 FPS. CPU usage went up even more and the graphical lag is insane. NCSoft pls.

I just went into my NVidia settings and for my BnS the settings had been reset and it was using my integrated graphics card instead of my NVidia. I switched it and the FPS issues have been solved. Still lagging here and there but thats just their server quality. Thanks for mentioning it @Lunakitty

Thanks for the fix! This worked for me. 

1 hour ago, xxxAoi said:

The FPS drops after the update is likely caused by the graphics settings. It's using your motherboard's onboard RAM instead of the graphics card. You need to spec is somewhere depending on the graphics card you use.

EDIT: Just for the heck of it and looks like most of us here don't know what to search on Google.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

And for those using Windows 10, this is probably why you're getting lower FPS than Windows 7:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3h3hpl/windows_10_isnt_using_dedicated_gpu/

To Mods: I don't know if you would allow external links but go ahead and edit my post.

These steps are for nVidia graphics cards but there's also instructions for AMD.

You saved my day, it is not as I used to play but it increased the fps a lot ty

16 hours ago, Meese said:

i have the same assure , and the game unplayable

why they not do an update to fix it or talk about it on twitter or something ..

8 minutes ago, Cannotlogin said:

You saved my day, it is not as I used to play but it increased the fps a lot ty

My pleasure. We have a lot of players online when the servers went back online so it's understandable the ping/FPS could be an issue.

5 minutes ago, Lilychan said:

i have the same assure , and the game unplayable
why they not do an update to fix it or talk about it on twitter or something ..
or are they just going to stand and not do anything  

There's something that was changed on the files that reset the settings you had on your graphics card. Besides, people have been requesting to optimize the game and this is something they had to do especially on the Client.exe. Hopefully, they will explain that on the next stream.

Having the same problem, switched it back to my dedicated GPU, but the color in the game is suddenly off/too dark even though the FPS issue is slightly better. Game responds to none of my attempts to adjust the color either with in game settings or through the GPU's control panel. (adjusting in game "brightness" washes the game out but does not fix the incorrect/over saturation of color) Other games look correct, this is only happening in B&S  Was more changed than we know about?

54 minutes ago, Inugami said:

Having the same problem, switched it back to my dedicated GPU, but the color in the game is suddenly off/too dark even though the FPS issue is slightly better. Game responds to none of my attempts to adjust the color either with in game settings or through the GPU's control panel. (adjusting in game "brightness" washes the game out but does not fix the incorrect/over saturation of color) Other games look correct, this is only happening in B&S  Was more changed than we know about?

The game is slightly dark by default imo. Do you happen to have Windows 10 with "Enable adaptive brightness" checked on your power options?

Just now, Inugami said:

I do have windows 10, and turned that off before because it was causing problems in the past. It turns out the integrated intel card had a very similar setting to adjust brightness, and because the game had activated the card that setting had been turned back on and was interfearing even while the Nvdia was handling the graphics. (optimus system in laptops is horrible, the intel card can mess with things even when the dedicated card is working. Never buying a gaming laptop like this again,lol) Even so the game overall has much darker, richer color than before by default like you said. Its most noticeable with how saturated skin tones are.

I remind myself when I was playing BnS TW and it also gave me this impression after the update. Ours is almost similar to theirs now from what I see.

Archived