Can we finally change seraph effect?

Whiteflashkevin

In the beginning the baleful path was considered the pve choice while seraph was cast aside as the pvp one that has the weapon prock on taking a hit and as such it was acepted and i as many others decided to stay Scorpio until a new better legendary came out. In the next update we are getting a new PvP focused legendary and i wondered what the purpose of seraph is now so i was thinking maybe we can gett the seraph version of korea where the weapon procks on hit like baleful and make the mainstream legendary weapons PVE focus.

Some classes would rather prefer seraph effect over balefuls high damage sats.

One example is warlock which needs seraphs effect to get a more fluent ice build that is much safer thanks to seraph health regen ability making it unnecessary to always default to shadow wingstorm to get health steal and with the leach cooldown effect it balances out with baleful legendary focus on damage so shadow build warlocks can go for baleful path while ice build warlocks can go for seraph with health regen and cd reduction of main rotation skill.

Before it just got accepted as white path being pvp and dark being PVE but now that we got pvp focused weapon can we hope to get the pve seraph. Please allow us to have more customization on our builds and not restricts us to one path being the only correct answer. At firs i accepted it but with the new update and new legendary i  wonder why you would give a weapon the effect to prock on getting hit in a game all about avoiding hits especially on a glass canon like warlock. This change in a sense became a nerf for ice build warlocks especially now that dragoncall build is struggling to keep up with helix build and a faster leach would have really helped with the rotation.

As for people saying that u can still go seraph just for leach effect i say its not worth it to get a weapon that just gives you 3 sec less cd on leach and never procks 2 other necessary skill like the health regen and cd reset. Baleful is undisputed right now in comparison thanks to the damage increase prock and cd reset. I would much rather prefer to wait in Scorpio until next legendary.

Honestly im not even motivated to go beyond Scorpio right now. Most that did go for legendary path is probably because they had nothing more too upgrade and just said *cricket* it lets go.

And this was brought up a few times already and mentioned in streams and also on twitter.

They will not be changing anything regarding the proc rate and effects on the seraph weapon because it works as it was intended.

the change for seraph in KR version is purely their own customization, JP, TW, CN dont have that either.

47 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

And this was brought up a few times already and mentioned in streams and also on twitter.

They will not be changing anything regarding the proc rate and effects on the seraph weapon because it works as it was intended.

the change for seraph in KR version is purely their own customization, JP, TW, CN dont have that either.

And people should keep bringing it up until this change is finally implemented everywhere else as well. Either make it proc on blocks/evades/counters/deflects and streamline it into a more defensive/tank build (since getting stacks on Seraphs is pretty difficult) or make it into the PvE weapon that its supposed to be and give on-hit like baleful. If we share the same skill balancing patchs as KR, I see no reason as to why we shouldnt be streamlined into the same types of gear as they have. Implementation of the legendary accessories and doing away with Legendary HM Accessories is already proof enough that there is a desire to unify all regions under a similar gear umbrella. One of the next steps should be making Seraphs a more viable weapon to choose from. Most classes will still choose Baleful simply due to it's effects, but we should be given an option and not gimp ourselves if we should choose Seraphs.

41 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Isn't that actually proof that if you complain about it enough they will make the change?

Don't know about TW and JP, but CN probably wouldn't complain about it as their other legendaries are better than baleful/seraph anyway.

1 hour ago, Meese said:

And people should keep bringing it up until this change is finally implemented everywhere else as well. Either make it proc on blocks/evades/counters/deflects and streamline it into a more defensive/tank build (since getting stacks on Seraphs is pretty difficult) or make it into the PvE weapon that its supposed to be and give on-hit like baleful. If we share the same skill balancing patchs as KR, I see no reason as to why we shouldnt be streamlined into the same types of gear as they have. Implementation of the legendary accessories and doing away with Legendary HM Accessories is already proof enough that there is a desire to unify all regions under a similar gear umbrella. One of the next steps should be making Seraphs a more viable weapon to choose from. Most classes will still choose Baleful simply due to it's effects, but we should be given an option and not gimp ourselves if we should choose Seraphs.

Because making a PVP weapon a PVE one makes so much sense.....

And complaining about wont do anything because they already mentioned this will stay as is and wont be changed. People already cried like crazy during streams and i think 10 other threads like this.

1 hour ago, Meese said:

There was never a Legendary HM accessories, only elemental which is the Oblivion accessories, they do away with it on NA/EU and gave you guys the new legendary accessories instead so that you would not have to waste mats/gold upgrading to Oblivion.

1 hour ago, Reaper00 said:

Isn't that actually proof that if you complain about it enough they will make the change?

Don't know about TW and JP, but CN probably wouldn't complain about it as their other legendaries are better than baleful/seraph anyway.

Doubt TW/JP players care about it much since we already have the Chokma weapon upgrade that streamline baleful/seraph into a single weapon path.

10 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I really don't know what you men that it works as intended when the major buff of the weapon both the health regen and reset buff that gives 100% crit rate within 5 sec will never proc. So you only get 1/3 of a weapons benefit. Just as i showed in the video i posted. The proc rate on seraph is abysmal almost nonexistent.

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Because making a PVP weapon a PVE one makes so much sense.....

And complaining about wont do anything because they already mentioned this will stay as is and wont be changed. People already cried like crazy during streams and i think 10 other threads like this.

Seraph is not a pvp weapon. that is just an excuse to the bad choice they made in making a weapon that procs on getting hit in a game all about avoiding damage.

How do i know that it is not a pvp weapon. Easy you will die before you can even say (leach cd) let alone proc health regen on open world pvp and arena that's why the new legendary makes sense since it makes the rollback F have 1 sec less cd  and crit defense buff. I mean honestly that shit didn't even proc with 5 tier npc and you expect it to proc when you are being bombarded by 2 players with 700ap. Keep dreaming. there is no possible way to make seraph proc reset so what is even the point of having the damn thing.

There is a reason why they reverted the jp/tw legendary to proc on hit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOQK34BUTR_55XwnbJOk388gjokrtLZFdhi3vIwXjZc/edit#gid=278009508

I can find no reasonable explanation for doing this since you yourself can look in the link and see that across the bord baleful is the best for long term on most classes.

They only *cricket*ed over warlocks , fire kfms and lightning bd. 

I really dont know what they mean that it works as it should when this is obviously a design flaw. Just leach cd reduction seraph is very situational.

against dps sponges like yeti when you constantly dps him without aggro is a great buff since it eliminates the downtime of your skills by a lot.

But if you run Asura those 8 sec reduction is worthless when half the game he is immune to leach making the 8 sec reduction useless or having to stop dps to do mechanics on zakan on ebondrake or flame lord on desolate tomb and in those scenarios  baleful wins by a mile cause you have extra damage and additional 150% ap damage and all skill reset.

So far its pointless to go for either legendary since it has major dps loss. compared to Scorpio. with baleful being slightly better because of reset but not really worth the cost. I may go seraph if they change it but even then i would be on edge since they are probably going to introduce a new legendary with far better effects.

As for the last part ho know with these things. Recently they changed pet hunger system that was never in any region. Maybe a miracle can happen if the player complain a lot. its not like this has never worked before.

its not an excuse, you will never get hit enough in PVe to trigger the buff, thats why its intened for grroup pvp where you constantly take hits and the buff procs.

Our region even tho i semi-follows the main patch is still much customized compared to other regions so comparing our version to theirs isnt really all that good.

also only the KR version has the weapon rpoc on hit, all other versions have on being hit. In the link you posted it clearly states at the top:

"I am basing this off of KR effects", so TW and JP dont have this, its a KR feature only.

LEgendary weapon is worth more over scorpio at higher stages for certain classes. Example warlock, stage 6 legendary far surpasses stage 10 true scorpio.

14 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

its not an excuse, you will never get hit enough in PVe to trigger the buff, thats why its intened for grroup pvp where you constantly take hits and the buff procs.

Our region even tho i semi-follows the main patch is still much customized compared to other regions so comparing our version to theirs isnt really all that good.

also only the KR version has the weapon rpoc on hit, all other versions have on being hit. In the link you posted it clearly states at the top:

"I am basing this off of KR effects", so TW and JP dont have this, its a KR feature only.

LEgendary weapon is worth more over scorpio at higher stages for certain classes. Example warlock, stage 6 legendary far surpasses stage 10 true scorpio.

Did you even hear what i said. You will die before you get even 1 proc on this weapon on pvp so no its useless even for pvp when the new legendary will give you crit defence on stack you can clearly see which one was meant for PVP. 

Korea was the only one to have it but they changed it in JP/TW too. i asked nadwah about this and their legendary seraph is on hit. Seriously read the info box at the end. it was patched to get proc on hit.

Yeah legendary seraph stage 6 has lower downtime on battle but it isn't worth the extra cost when not far from now better legendaries will come with far better effects and its not as much of a deal breaker to not have the effect. I dont think there is any warlock in other regions still holding onto seraph and just resort to using s3 repulse to remove downtime.

Archived