Discussion: Galaxy Weapons Worth Getting?

Asura777

So I watched a bit of the BnS TV thing and caught the latter bit about galaxy weapons, I probably missed some information but from what I could tell by seeing that new in-game weapon upgrade paths thing, galaxy weapons only have 3 upgrade stages. Does that mean they're not worth getting in the long run as they'll be eventually outclassed by baleful/seraph?

Or is their cost low enough that buying it will make getting baleful/seraph faster to the point that it's worth getting galaxy first? I missed the part about the cost of galaxy weapons so I cant really do calculations on that one.

Edit: Ok so I found the stuff on the site, it says 50 Honorary ornaments (which are currently 10-11g on Mushin, so probably 500+g total considering it'll probably go up more post update), 100 stingers (16-18g right now, I'm guessing 20+g post update), and then 40 galaxy fragments that will probably take few weeks judging from the fact that the new battleground weekly shown on the video seems to give 3 fragments, and I'll bet the rest of the pvp dailies will give 1 per day per quest.

Soo... the conclusion I'm drawing now is it's not going to be worth it I guess? I mean with 500g I could probably upgrade my awakened Scorpio to baleful or almost at least. Also, as mentioned earlier, I saw on the video that galaxy only has 3 available upgrades, meaning it goes to match baleful/seraph stage 2 or 3, then gets outclassed after that, unless they're going to update it and give galaxy more upgrades.

I probably missed a lot of stuff though, so what do you guys think? Galaxy worth getting?

Basically galaxy weapons aim to be especially useful for PvP, while the Baleful / Seaph aim at PvE usefulness.

There may well be cases where one outshines the other even in the opposite setting, but it is good to keep in mind that this is what the developers have originally intended.

Keep in mind that Galaxy weapons ("storm" weapons in Asia) currently go as high up as stage 12 in Korea, and they already said on the stream that the PvP/PvE specilisation aspect will increase.

The current AP stacking buff you get from stage 2 onwards is very good, and means that a stage 3 galaxy is pretty much on par with a currnt max level Baleful in many cases, especially in PvP.

As for the cost, if you factor in all the materials, it seems the galaxy weapons are much better value (for gold), but that's at the expense of having to do a serious amount of PvP to get them. ;)

2 hours ago, Shuchin said:

Basically galaxy weapons aim to be especially useful for PvP, while the Baleful / Seaph aim at PvE usefulness.

There may well be cases where one outshines the other even in the opposite setting, but it is good to keep in mind that this is what the developers have originally intended.

Keep in mind that Galaxy weapons ("storm" weapons in Asia) currently go as high up as stage 12 in Korea, and they already said on the stream that the PvP/PvE specilisation aspect will increase.

The current AP stacking buff you get from stage 2 onwards is very good, and means that a stage 3 galaxy is pretty much on par with a currnt max level Baleful in many cases, especially in PvP.

As for the cost, if you factor in all the materials, it seems the galaxy weapons are much better value (for gold), but that's at the expense of having to do a serious amount of PvP to get them. ;)

Thanks for all the useful information, but if that's the case, why didn't they just make it a third upgrade path? (and maybe give players who already have legendaries a choice to switch to galaxy) I probably enjoy pvp more although I spend more time in pve to get gold to upgrade for battlegrounds, but I guess I just don't really like the idea that my weapon I've already spent so much time and gold on is just going to go to waste after I get a legendary that just comes ready made =/

Given B&S crazy weapon upgrade system, there might well come a point where you have to use a lower stage baleful/seraph weapon as an evolution or breakthrough item for the galaxy path, or vice versa. XD

So don't throw away your second legendary yet, it might turn out to save you months of grind later on. :P

22 hours ago, Shuchin said:

Given B&S crazy weapon upgrade system, there might well come a point where you have to use a lower stage baleful/seraph weapon as an evolution or breakthrough item for the galaxy path, or vice versa. XD

So don't throw away your second legendary yet, it might turn out to save you months of grind later on. :P

You will need a sage 12? baleful/seraph for your chokma weapon.

But Not realy for storm.

Don't compare the two they are designed for different game modes.  One is designed for PVE seraph/baleful and other is PVP designed Galaxy.  Here is how you consider if it is worth getting do you want to be competitive in open world pvp / 6v6?  Keep in mind this wont be the only legendary from pvp that would replace your pve legendarys eventually you will have to farm the pvp acc legendarys.

On ‎26‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 5:13 PM, Shuchin said:

please do tell me how is seraph pve based with its unability to gather 10 spirit of light procs for cd reset

14 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

please do tell me how is seraph pve based with its unability to gather 10 spirit of light procs for cd reset

That is a flaw with the proc rate on the weapon itself its not like it easy to get the 10 stacks in PvP either the same issue exists and argument can be applied since it is almost impossible to get 10 stacks in pvp also.   Very simple too its PVE based because that is one of the PVE path weapons in this game! 

• 2 weeks later...

Seraph/Bale have high base AP and their bonus buffs focus on criticals, so their main aim is damage. In PvP they suffer because 2500 crit def is easy to get (by now) which will almost  totally annihilate those effects.

Since I love my 6v6, I will probably go galaxy-2 from True Scorpio (when I have saved enough ornaments) and also use it for PvE to save gold. But if you want / need optimum damage I think Bale/Seraph is certainly superior.

• 1 month later...

Let me clear this up.

First things first, I need to explain how crit and piercing work.

Crit defense does two things, one of which lowers the chance or 'rate' at which a hit you land on them will 'crit'

At a point, when they have enough crit rate mitigation, you won't be able to land a crit, as your crit rate upon hiting them will be reduced to (or below) zero.

The second thing crit defense does is lower the damage that a critical hit does, (at a certain point landing a crt will do less damage than a normal hit because of this effect).

Now, once your crit rate is zero, your damage will no longer be reduced due to their critical defense, as you aren't landing critical hits on them, in other words all of your hits will be normal attacks and deal damage after being mitigated by their normal defense.

Heres what this means and how it relates...

Due to your inability to land a crit and your desire to boost your normal attacks' damage, due to them now being the only type of hit you can land, in order to boost damage you need to do one of two things.

Elemental damage applies as a bonus to the BASE damage of an ability. So 50% elemental damage will add 5 damage to an ability that does 10 damage for example, and THEN critical damage effects are factored (multiply by your crit damage and voila). Since you wont be crit'ing this portion can be disregarded.

The second is:

Piercing. When you hit an enemy, your damage is reduced based on the damage mitigation the target's defense statistic provides.

In PvP, youre going to use elemental accessories that boost elemental damage (at the expense of no crit damge or crit rate on said accessories) since normal attacks will be all you land. Weapons, such as galaxy will be traded out since they add survivability and healing, which is useful for PvP. After a point, there will be legendary badges and we will be changing not only weapons and soulshields bit accessories and builds and maybe as far as gems.

As far as baleful and seraphs go, they add percent damage to abilities and add crit damage, crit, along with bonus damage based on ap. PvE soulshields, such as oblivion, ebondrake citadel, shura, midnight skypetal plains and so on, add attack power (ap), which is addionally factored into the additional damage baleful provides.

Seraphs, is generally a survivability weapon, which offers a lower cooldown (cd) on key abilities use in PvP for survivability. (Sin gets a cooldown on their poison breath ability (4) which is one of their primary healing ability which adds survivability).

Due to this, the game is going to shift towards specialization, where you have crit defense and piercing PvP soulshields (ss), and ap boosting ss that add critical damage and crit rate, with weapons to compliment these effects.

So in recap

Elemental damage

Critical defense to lower enemy crit rate to 0

Piercing

HP (stronger since piercing cant affect more HP and there are no percent HP abilities (that I know of at least))

HP or regen for survivability

Escape cooldown reduction

Defensive stats

These will be the halmarks of PvP whilst

Critical damage

Crit rate

AP

Damage boosting effects

Damage applifying effects

Cooldown reduction on high damage affects

These will halmark PvE.

One last thing, PvE will provide vastly more damage, but in the situation of critical defense and higher unmitagatable damage on elemental damage survivability will be much more useful, and due to the situation, you will be doing similar damage. On mobs, the PvP gear won't do nearly as much damage, and the effects will be close to worthless in most situations, which is the same for PvE gear being used on PvP.

(In the future this will only become more dramatic)

Now, I hope my drawn out response will answer any question you may have had on the subject !

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.10.2016 at 10:58 PM, Asura777 said:

So I watched a bit of the BnS TV thing and caught the latter bit about galaxy weapons, I probably missed some information but from what I could tell by seeing that new in-game weapon upgrade paths thing, galaxy weapons only have 3 upgrade stages. Does that mean they're not worth getting in the long run as they'll be eventually outclassed by baleful/seraph?

Or is their cost low enough that buying it will make getting baleful/seraph faster to the point that it's worth getting galaxy first? I missed the part about the cost of galaxy weapons so I cant really do calculations on that one.

Edit: Ok so I found the stuff on the site, it says 50 Honorary ornaments (which are currently 10-11g on Mushin, so probably 500+g total considering it'll probably go up more post update), 100 stingers (16-18g right now, I'm guessing 20+g post update), and then 40 galaxy fragments that will probably take few weeks judging from the fact that the new battleground weekly shown on the video seems to give 3 fragments, and I'll bet the rest of the pvp dailies will give 1 per day per quest.

Soo... the conclusion I'm drawing now is it's not going to be worth it I guess? I mean with 500g I could probably upgrade my awakened Scorpio to baleful or almost at least. Also, as mentioned earlier, I saw on the video that galaxy only has 3 available upgrades, meaning it goes to match baleful/seraph stage 2 or 3, then gets outclassed after that, unless they're going to update it and give galaxy more upgrades.

I probably missed a lot of stuff though, so what do you guys think? Galaxy worth getting?

Getting 40 galaxy fragments takes one day

• 2 months later...

@ ahraceli

Just to clarify a few things:

1) Critical Defense cannot reduce the damage of a critical hit to below 120%. It is not true that criticals can ever do less damage than regular attacks.

2) In practice, critical rate never reaches zero even against 3000+  crit def opponents.

On the one hand, criticial rate and critical defense have near identical diminishing returns, so a 4000 crit value will mean you do get a few percent crit against 3000 crit def.

Secondly, and more importantly, a crit ruby will provide up 23% critical rate on its own.

Lastly, skills like searing palm (+ 10%-50%) and the PvE weapon procs mentioned above can create significant critical rates. Considering a 20% damage bonus, amethyst and pet leech effects, this is relevant for PvP. Also soul burn and blue buff can overcome even high crit damage reduction values to some degree.

3) What you say about elemental damage is correct, and also stacks with CC damage bonus (e.g. challenger 3-set: +15%). So ideally besides pierce, you would look for skill modifiers, elemental damage and CC damage, which all multiply damage:

Base * (100% + CC-bonus%) * (100% + element-bonus%) * (100% + skill-bonus%)

@ Finalhart

40 galaxy fragments cost 10k battle points. A win during 6v6 Frenzy in silver rank will net you 600+ BP (depending on premium membership and clan bonuses). So you need ~ 17 wins for 40 galaxy fragments. Or maybe ~ 10 wins 10 defeats. You can do it in a day, but you have to play during about the whole Frenzy time window.

Archived