A lesson in boss mechanics and party play

Malign

On 19/06/2018 at 4:56 AM, Anamey2000 said:

Nobody's probably going to read this (sorry it’s so long) But I hope someone does. I am not trying to start drama or get people angry I just wanted to state my point of view, and was wondering if there is anyone that feels the same way. This response may be complicated but this is how I feel.

I think this is a good point, and by the sound of it this could be really annoying, but I feel that I could never really truly understand this since I’m one of those people that don’t learn boss mechanics or build up the courage to tell party members that I don’t know them considering that even if they do explain the mechanics to me I would still be like “nani?” Anyway what I’m trying to say is that at the end of the day I just want to play the game and have fun... it sucks that I have to spend so much time watching guides, and then take time to memorize, when I could just be playing the game. Especially since I’m so quick to forget things. And I know this is cowardly but it’s a terrible feeling when you feel pressured to do everything “right”. I understand that there are actually nice people out there that can help you, but the pressure doesn’t come from them it comes from me holding them back (or feeling of me holding them back) and the fact that each time I wait in f8 I feel nervous and then feel embarrassed after running the dungeon. 

It’s gotten to the point that the game is almost hard to play (and I’ve been avoiding playing for a while), it’s no longer fun, but I have such great memories with this game that they are the only things that keep bringing me back every 2-4 months or so. It’s sad to think that I have been playing this game even before it’s na release and still haven’t ran most of the dungeons it has, it’s also sad that throughout those years I haven’t done a single raid all because I didn’t want to be a huge let down. Surely I could watch a guide or read up on the mechs so that I could actually do all those things... and what spent all my game time on something I’ll probably forget an hour into the game. The game feels like a routine, it’s so static that I can’t even play how I want to, I can’t just blindly run a dungeon anymore and figure out things through my own experience because most people already know what to do (they don’t have the patience for a newb) and my first run will just be a waste of time for everyone. If I do that I risk getting through some content I would like to try. Pressure comes weighing in on me, so I end up not running the dungeon.

I remember running a dungeon with my guild mates and they were such nice people. For the life of me I could not understand what they were telling me, what I had to do; in the end I only held them back and did nothing. I was so embarrassed I was doing nothing for that guild, so I left. Nowadays it just feels like there is only a right way to play, if I don’t follow that rotation, I’m playing the class wrong and thus I suck at it, if I don’t play this dungeon this way, then I’m doing it wrong and holding people back, if I don’t do this or that or whatever I’ll never reach endgame, I’ll always be kicked from a parties, I’ll never have high ap; whatever it is, I’ll always be doing it wrong. I’m no veteran, but I am a person who loves to play and even to this day I’ve still been finding a game to replace blade and soul to no avail because blade and soul ,despite its flaws, will always be one of my favorite games.

After getting through all that I would like to finally say thank you for listening to my side of the story.

NOTE: I’m not trying to be corny, I’m just socially awkward and shy.

stop reviving old posts, you are necroing.

Archived