Oh yes, another BM Nerf Thread.

ElectraLove

Alright, now hear me out on this one.

As much as I would LOVE to just call the class now-brainless (which, in all justification, it is), I can't, because shit never gets done that way.

Let me explain WHY BM needs a nerf, because people normally are for or against the nerf. I am for. And this is why.

1. The class used to be skill based. It is no longer that anymore. How many BM's came out of the woodworks when they found out that Fire Build was as good as it was? How many people actually rerolled? 

2. It is HELL for one escape classes. So, I play SF, and whilst I am not the best in the world (I normally stay between -1670 - 1720 currently), and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to dodge everything a BM throws at me. I either tab HM Z, or take endless amounts of damage, especially considering that RMB has no cooldown. Two CC's without a tab is all it takes to take half or more of someone elses health. The highest amount of HP I have seen ONE RMB take from someone was 7.4k, and it was on Cassis' stream. 

To put things into perspective, in Arena, most classes have around 40k HP. Give or take a couple thousand. 7k out of that IN RAPID SUCCESSION is completely unbalanced.

3. Top tier players have said it *could* use a nerf.

A few nights ago, probably last week, I had a talk with GummmyBear on his stream, and asked him how he felt about the build and whether or not it was strong. To make a long and convoluted explanation short, he said yes, and agree'd that if the Conflagaration damage were nerfed, that the build would still be viable in PvP without taking too much damage away. On the side of EU, in a stream chat, Luki once said that he was disappointed at how far Fire BM can carry players who would otherwise not know what to do without it. 

4. It does as much-- or more damage than certain classes hardest hitting skills.

Going on a mini tangent about my own class, a Kingfist has the potential to hit for very low, even when the opponent is below 50% HP. But even so, Kingfist is a very unreliable skill. Here are two screenshots of me using Kingfist on a player. Both of these times, I was above 50% HP. 

eb27b5e6a6c5c35e2f33d2f830d6639e.png

d73f68b1bdaaa0893def1ee4ac652809.png

So yeah. As you can see, it is a very unrilable skill, and I personally am lucky if my Kingfist *normally* hits above 7k. *KEEP IN MIND, I AM NOT SAYING THAT KINGFIST WILL ALWAYS HIT FOR LOW AMOUNTS, I AM JUST SAYING THAT GENERALLY, IT TENDS TO MORE THAN NOT.*

5. They STILL have Lightning Draw.

Now, I'm not saying to remove lightning draw, that would be ridiculous, but for a skill that can hit 6-10k+, and RMB's (which have no cooldown), one can see how ridiculous the damage potential of this class is. 

6. As far as I understand, it is already nerfed on other versions. 

Referencing some threads and doing some research (although, it is forum-based research, so correct me if I am wrong), different versions have nerfed versions of this patch. 

7 hours ago, Zedonia said:

And now? It's the same in pvp. They don't need any skill or rotation there to win.

I dont get why everyone is complaining about BM in PvP right now, there are other classes which are more annoying (BD, DES, Sum, SF)

Some people would say now to git gud and learn how to deal with Fire BMs or better yet, play BM for yourself and then start saying that this class doesnt require skill anymore.

If you are on Gold Rank you cant just simply spam Dragontongue and win, you still have to learn other classes rotations and how to counter them.

The current fire build everybody is crying about is yolo build, the said Blade Master has to sacrifice the much needed 3 second mass daze, also it isn't that spammable, you have 3 seconds and if you research it you will see some BMs push 7 spams some barely push 4 ( latency reliant ) and usually you are interruped in that time in PvP, people that fall for that and god forbid are gold rank or higher dont deserve the said rank.

To everybody complaining, play BM and i guarantee most of you will be very frustrated when you get into PvP with this class.

What i would like NC to try is to get rid of all the scripters/macro from arena, for the normal player it is just wrong, and now ppl QQ because BM is no longer a rank booster for others...

70% of BnS community needs ego nerf, nerf the ego pls..

1 hour ago, Zedonia said:

No, but that's not the topic here.

Lol now you say this is not the topic here?

You clearly stated that BM needs no skills or rotations and I gave you an example of other classes and yet you come butthurt?

You clearly know nothing bout bm and you're just salty cuz you got rekt.

It's funny when all the classes could literally shit on BMs in the past and now they can do some people yell NERF!!!

I kinda miss the lightning build but the damage was too low even if lightning dragon is in effect. I don't believe it doesn't require brains anymore. It's been said before that BMs take this as an investment since they/we had lesser population than they/we are now no wonder some of *us* are so good. If you've watched Rumble in the Realms you can see the difference between Cassis and Dahbears and their combos where Dahbears only needs 1 opening and it's gg.

On 10/24/2016 at 2:56 PM, TwoPunchMan092 said:

I dont get why everyone is complaining about BM in PvP right now, there are other classes which are more annoying (BD, DES, Sum, SF)

Let's be honest here, SF = BM = Shit op classes that need to be fixed.

But as for BD, I think it more of balance or maybe above balanced by levels since they got nice damage and free grab

But Destroyer ?! For the love of the god what is destroyer except a spin that many skills can break easily , Shield that any knockdown pierce defense that can break, No immune skills like most of classes wait all classes got immune except Destroyer -.-, No 100-0 if he go for blue buff or either no 2 escape like most of classes if he got 100-0 fire buff, Their grab require cc not like BD who free grab, ahh yes emberstomp  ? Easy knockup then bug it for free cc 

9 hours ago, Valiant said:

But as for BD, I think it more of balance or maybe above balanced by levels since they got nice damage and free grab

But Destroyer ?! For the love of the god what is destroyer except a spin that many skills can break easily , Shield that any knockdown pierce defense that can break, No immune skills like most of classes wait all classes got immune except Destroyer -.-, No 100-0 if he go for blue buff or either no 2 escape like most of classes if he got 100-0 fire buff, Their grab require cc not like BD who free grab, ahh yes emberstomp  ? Easy knockup then bug it for free cc 

You can complain about Destroyer PvE as much as you want, but PvP.. really?

9 hours ago, Valiant said:

Dont you ever dare again comparing SF to BM.

SF is the class with the most iframes ingame and its almost way too forgivable if you do major mistakes, whereas a BM pretty much always has to pay attention. Even a Fire BM can still get rekt easily if the BM does a mistake, as SF you just need to cast your iframes and 5 sec resist buff and thats it.

3 hours ago, Gratus said:

You can complain about Destroyer PvE as much as you want, but PvP.. really?

I don't complain about them in pvp, But Destroyer got a huge disadvantaged against classes with high dps like warlock, SF and BM

Even I don't feel like summoner dps is nothing beside them.

And to be honest ,At least destroyer is the only class that have no immune skills like almost every class, His grab does require cc after all not like BD, He got only his Smash, RMB/Actived LMF to do high dps only while many classes got two types of high dps attacks, And last the funny thing destroyer is the only class with stand still dps skills that not allow him to move around and dps.

I know you going to say you got emberstomp, you got shield, you got spin and such, Red and blue Spins cost tons of focus and destroyer don't have ways to regain focus like BD, Shield can be breaking with pierce defense skills , Emberstomp one pull or one knock up is enough to break it.

3 hours ago, TwoPunchMan092 said:

Dont you ever dare again comparing SF to BM.

SF is the class with the most iframes ingame and its almost way too forgivable if you do major mistakes, whereas a BM pretty much always has to pay attention. Even a Fire BM can still get rekt easily if the BM does a mistake, as SF you just need to cast your iframes and 5 sec resist buff and thats it.

Did you see SF against destroyer before ?  Just destroyer locked into ice, Can't catch them because of endless Iframe(i know if you *cricket*ed it up you will have no more Iframe), Ofcourse I won't forget how SF got high healing skills and highest dps that enough to rekt me in seconds

@Valiant  Destro do have an immune skill it is our E but you need to spec it, there is a version of our shield that takes either a TON of time or TONS of gold to get that fixed the piercing problem.  BUT till you get to the point where you get that shield anyone can easily knock you down for trying to heal yourself.  Destro to MY knowledge is the only class that has a sub-par self healing ability, look at force masters, they ice and heal from their bubble, summoners have been given a party heal, SF has a party heal, BM heals off of mostly attacking.  Assassins can heal off throwing poison on you.

Im not asking for any PVP buffs for a destro simply because that could make us over powered, i want an over all balance to all classes because of OPEN WORLD PVP.  Now Open World pvp is way different than arena PVP if you don't do open pvp then you should ask a BM to show you what a BM can do outside of arena, i am not allowed to name names but i've seen people with 2k crit def get one shot with over 100k HP.

53 minutes ago, Symex said:

ok let me refraise " Destro is the one class to my knowledge OUTSIDE of arena that has a sub-par self healing.  Compaire it to summoners, soul fighters, and force master.  (those i can verify has better than a destroyers) only of those 3 one needs to stop attacking you to do it, the others can cast and then still attack after.  A destro becomes slow to nearly stuck in place upon still vulnerable to attacks from behind and the side.  You can make the arguement "turn around" but it cannot happen as fast as most of us would like, and till you spend either 1k gold, or work tirelessly to get the HM shield you can be knocked down.  Majority of Destros do not have the HM shield.

in the case of your Image im 99% sure that Destro has the exact skill i am refering to that makes him heal soo much.  In MOST cases our heal is unreliable make a Destro and just get it to the point you have the shield or even just read the skills.  it takes the 3 offals to unlock that block.

Pre-HM

http://imgur.com/nicNySK

After HM

http://imgur.com/tqOz4CS

45 minutes ago, InsaneWind said:

@Valiant  Destro do have an immune skill it is our E but you need to spec it, there is a version of our shield that takes either a TON of time or TONS of gold to get that fixed the piercing problem.  BUT till you get to the point where you get that shield anyone can easily knock you down for trying to heal yourself.  Destro to MY knowledge is the only class that has a sub-par self healing ability, look at force masters, they ice and heal from their bubble, summoners have been given a party heal, SF has a party heal, BM heals off of mostly attacking.  Assassins can heal off throwing poison on you.

Im not asking for any PVP buffs for a destro simply because that could make us over powered, i want an over all balance to all classes because of OPEN WORLD PVP.  Now Open World pvp is way different than arena PVP if you don't do open pvp then you should ask a BM to show you what a BM can do outside of arena, i am not allowed to name names but i've seen people with 2k crit def get one shot with over 100k HP.

I do have every HM skill, I been playing since Beta so you could imagine 

I know everything about Destroyer, I do use that blue buff but after all you do use it every 1 min and use it as escape not immune while other classes every 30 second immune for 5 second beside their other escape or dps

Btw the HM shield got one trick that easy break it, Pierce defense skills with cc effect can break it still ,

Fun part you forget to mention beside heal and immune, Our Grab require CC while BD grab require no shit and can do tons of dps beside it  more usefull in battleground and 3v3 since it require no cc so all of sudden you got into a high dps effect and youcan't do shit if you used your escape.

And most important part our badge is useless beside a badge that able to make their grab get rested. 

38 minutes ago, Symex said:

Please, He did survive only because he keep getting behind his shield.

Let's look at the facts here, First you and your cat HP bar is almost full , Even if that destroyer HP is Full like you that mean your summoner do damage twice the destroyer do.

So your screenshoot prove that your class able to tank ,cc, heal and do high dps.

Thank you for proving my point more

Archived