Beluga-lagoon: new legendary soulshields, new battleground but also new legendary weapon?

Erza Scarlet

Beluga Lagoon serves as a staging ground for the annual White Whale Festival, organized by the Fish Network Guild. The festival honors the legendary flying White Whale, a bringer of luck and fortune. Twelve warriors pick sides and do 6v6 battle for the chance to win the White Whale’s favor.

WWV is whale festival too :DD

Those leg ss are for pvp, and the weap/acc tree i think all the other regions got it.

My question is: why bring another unequalized bg when wwv is dead already?

I don't think it will be very populated unless the rewards are good and they fix the stupid matchmaking and also those ss are kinda pointless cuz owpvp is... Y'all know...

I guess we will get the Storm Weapon or at least something similar.

Korea has 3 legendary weapon options: Meteor, Comet and Storm of equal power.

Meteor and Comet are primarily PvE weapons which are stronger but similar in effect to our Baleful and Seraph (with switched skins - offensive looks like seraph, defensive like baleful)

The third is Storm which is meant for PvP and needs Storm pieces to get and level.

Storm pieces are also used to buy the Legendary PvP Soulshield. They are similar to our Bravery but cost 250BP each in Korea.

The Soulshield has a good amount of HP, acc, def and crit def, the 8pc set bonus is 3sec cd reduction on Tab escape.

If it's like the Korean version, you'll need 10 wins to buy pieces 4 and 5 and 100 wins to buy 6-8. 1-3 are free for all.

4 minutes ago, FloreSurana said:

It's already hard to find a group in the actual 6v6 sometimes. And when I finally find one, it's totally unbalanced. Maybe they should fix their first 6v6 before adding another one ?

Well, as the new Bg is related to Legendary stuff, it get player's attention to farm it daily...Ofcourse it will be flooded with people on top tier gear, i'll try to farm some pvp soulshield til then.

13 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

It will be filled by all the high level and wales that want the pvp shield, if you are under 650 AP and don't have 2K+ crit def you are going to get bitched out by your PT and called useless.

You'll get about 650 AP with non-legendary gear (which is not that hard to get now with all the cost reductions) and about 1500 cdef just from pieces 1-3 legendary pvp soulshield infused with blue primers. Add 3 Sparring pieces infused with green primers and you are already done - actually you might be at 2500 cdef with that.

I'm also not quite there but I still had some fun in 6v6 - even before the event with 500AP. During the event I upgraded to about 600AP and 1500+ cdef. Sadly I still need a few more wins so I can buy Offals or CFE with the Tokens I got from the event but I'm getting closer each friday.

Yesterday I almost used up all my remaining BP for chests and bravery but now I'm glad i didn't.
It would be nice to get another 6v6 event or some useful (non-pvp related) rewards so more ppl will want to do a few matches each day and not only on friday.

14 minutes ago, Slyce said:

You'll get about 650 AP with non-legendary gear (which is not that hard to get now with all the cost reductions) and about 1500 cdef just from pieces 1-3 legendary pvp soulshield infused with blue primers. Add 3 Sparring pieces infused with green primers and you are already done - actually you might be at 2500 cdef with that.

I'm also not quite there but I still had some fun in 6v6 - even before the event with 500AP. During the event I upgraded to about 600AP and 1500+ cdef. Sadly I sMFtill need a few more wins so I can buy Offals or CFE with the Tokens I got from the event but I'm getting closer each friday.

Yesterday I almost used up all my remaining BP for chests and bravery but now I'm glad i didn't.
It would be nice to get another 6v6 event or some useful (non-pvp related) rewards so more ppl will want to do a few matches each day and not only on friday.

During the event being called useless if you were under 600 AP was common, I can not count how many times I saw it in my PT when my friend joined and she was high 500's FM. Hell I would be cussed out constantly when I ran by 500 AP Sin in the event.. and cussed out even more when I got VIP cause I was the main reason we won a match. (sneak captures are the best, I would run on average 8-9 captures a match and like.. 2 deaths)

I wish it was that easy to get 650, i'm sitting at 618 right now and at a stand still. The primary source of good moonstones has dried up since the event cause no one ques for WWV anymore. SSP is dominated by campers on my server, so good luck ever getting capture or the boar.

If the new 6v6 battleground uses the same matching system as wwv, I bet the forum will be full of complaints from high end gear players being matched with 400-500 AP players with 0 critical def. At least this will be the case for the first couple weeks since everyone's ranking starts at 1300.

I will have a full bag of popcorn ready on Oct28. :P

It really depends on the rewards there. If you dont pvp or only at arena because of same gear you dont need the things there. If you get some other usefull things from the quests it might be worth. But I think sooner or later we will get another event what forces people to do that.

With that new soul shield it will be very hard to kill some classes. The complete set gives litle more than 100k hp. This + your base hp + legendary pet will bring some people above 150k hp. They will also be full of crit deff making it impossible to be killed by people without that stuff or even worse pve soul shields equipped.

To sum it up: It will be dead very fast.

can't wait to use my pvp investment ss and get some legendary ss... and hopefully rack up some goodies... I'm a f2p so I want my investment rolling little by little... I thought I made a wrong move investing time and gold farming challenger and sparing and puting up a little crit def around 2.4k... so hopefully I get a chance on this leg ss and weapon...

My main wonder is will we be getting Dragon's Ascent or Beluga legendary PvP SS. I expect Beluga since that's the festival... but we don't have dragons ascent so... I expect the legendary weapon is Storm though, which makes me happy, that's more damage than baleful for my class anyway.

2 hours ago, Zedonia said:

It really depends on the rewards there. If you dont pvp or only at arena because of same gear you dont need the things there. If you get some other usefull things from the quests it might be worth. But I think sooner or later we will get another event what forces people to do that.

With that new soul shield it will be very hard to kill some classes. The complete set gives litle more than 100k hp. This + your base hp + legendary pet will bring some people above 150k hp. They will also be full of crit deff making it impossible to be killed by people without that stuff or even worse pve soul shields equipped.

To sum it up: It will be dead very fast.

This is going to make players almost impossible to kill, and you know damn well this is going to *cricket* up what little open world pvp there is.

5 hours ago, Zuzu said:

I'm going to assume PvP is the only way since the soulshields are PvP oriented.

To clairify, both those SS sets i mentioned are legendary PvP sets, KR has 3 legendary PvE SS sets (midnight skypetal(wind plains), black tower(Chokma), and black wind), and 2 PvP legendary soul shield sets (Dragons Ascent(from wwv) and Beluga(from beluga)). but the Dragons Ascent set is blue colored, while the Beluga set is purple, and the SS in the preview is blue, so it is looking like they are putting Dragons Ascent into the beluga, which I guess makes sense given how much NCWest seems to hate legendaries.

Archived