Some Advice would be Nice :)

Dayanae

Hay all,

I'm playing BD as an alt recently and i must say so far i like it very much :) i've just been wondering wich skills i should focus on getting? I've looked at this forum and the website that lets you plan your build, but since that is old info i would really like some advice from experienced BD players :)

I'm lvl 36 now

Thx in advance!!

As far as unlocking hongmoon skills tab/z/c are all pretty good to get, the other skills I never really use. 

As far as builds go for single target fights electric surge/focus is what gives you most of your damage.  You get those from z/x/c/v and they allow you to use lightning flash (f) which is your most damaging skill.  A lot of blade dancers just hit LMB-f as fast as possible, but that won't let both hits of lightning flash happen, so the most important thing to do is learn the timing and don't LMB until lightning flash hits twice.  I put a little screen shot below of damage breakdown of just spamming vs doing the animation cancel correctly, the dps difference is massive.  Focus recovery skills such as fissure, rush, and soaring falcon will take you out of draw stance, but using them before you enter is very beneficial.  Always use c/z together because c grants electric surge for the longest amount of time, and use v sometime after z to reduce it's cooldown.

Aoe/trash fights you simply RMB-f, wind build in general has horrible dps compared to lightning for single target.

CwqGGcZ.png

That is a very nice chart, but I would like to offer a small suggestion. Keep the same color code for the skills for both chart. In your first one Lightning Flash is blue but violet in the second one. In the end your chart looks the same for both and it is hard to tell what changed.

If you keep the blue color for lightning flash for the second chart, we will visually see that blue color cover a lot more area compared to the first chart.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, don't mind the posts about light build/anicancel for now, go wind/hybrid with pull on V +sunder for now, leveling will be much easier. Later, for dungeons, especially bosses, you can spec lightning and slowly get used to it through dungeons like Blackram/Bloodshade.

Archived