Jump to content
Forums

Buff ice build


Recommended Posts

Anyone who plays warlock knows that dark build is the best for sustained dps and is getting all the love recently with the new soulbadge helping dark build with rotation while ice build gets 10 sec brand on dragon call(420 blaze it music and loud screams). I think im not alone when i say ice build is the coolest and most interesting one to play but the sheer dominance of dark build is making it hard to keep it in high level pve so Helix becomes mandatory for both pvp and pve. Can we get some of that love fire bm got. Some ideas are:

1. flat out more damage. increase multiplier damage of dragon call =3 helix so from 16X to 24X damage

2. Buffs to other skills that could reduce downtime during each dragon call like having orbs reset 2 sec for each orb consumed or bombard reduces CD of dragoncall by 1sec on instacast and by 2sec on siphon.

3. reduce the insane requirement of crit to keep dps high or have skills give extra crit chance on hit. If bombard doesn't crit u don't get rupture fast and if dragoncall doesn't crit you don't get another cast. remove some of these stupid requirements.

Any idea is welcome. I am tired of helix always being the go to option all the time and thanks to the lag i can't  get much high dps even on helix build so i can assume helix is even more powerful than what i can get and that is sad. Warlock whole concept of being a CD reset class was why i liked it in the first place.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

Anyone who plays warlock knows that dark build is the best for sustained dps.

I don't know that. o.o

I've out dps several full dark build Warlock with higher AP (one of them is even 30AP higher) with dragoncalls. But yeah, this is a very sad build without critical and any boss who can discard their debuffs like Jisoyun, Mushin, 2 snakes in Mast.

 

If I want to improve this build I would add:

1. +10% additional critical damage on Branded enemy. (make Brand debuff less useless and the 10s brand on DC badge become viable)

2. +20% critical chance on Dragoncall when hit a Target enemy. (It's a Target, why limit it only to Bombardment)

3. Instant reset and cast of Dragoncall on iframes like Repulse and SS (retreat). (WL barely have much iframes so better make best out of it)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ganhur said:

I don't know that. o.o

I've out dps several full dark build Warlock with higher AP (one of them is even 30AP higher) with dragoncalls. But yeah, this is a very sad build without critical and any boss who can discard their debuffs like Jisoyun, Mushin, 2 snakes in Mast.

You cant judge by other people dps. i have tried it with my warlock and dark build is better. JP warlocks say that in high levels the gap only widens between 2 builds.

Nice ideas not overpowered and not completely useless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ganhur said:

I don't know that. o.o

I've out dps several full dark build Warlock with higher AP (one of them is even 30AP higher) with dragoncalls. But yeah, this is a very sad build without critical and any boss who can discard their debuffs like Jisoyun, Mushin, 2 snakes in Mast.

You do realise that your DC build profits a lot if there's another darkbuild WL in your party, since they will keep the target debuff up for you all day? That's the only way DC can out-dps Dark.

 

---

 

Also @Whiteflashkevin i would never ever play DC, even if it was better than Dark. I really dislike DC build. So in my opinion, it would be fine to bring DC up to the same level as dark, but remove profit from having another WL in party. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Sonozaki
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sonozaki said:

You do realise that your DC build profits a lot if there's another darkbuild WL in your party, since they will keep the target debuff up for you all day? That's the only way DC can out-dps Dark.

 

---

 

Also @Whiteflashkevin i would never ever play DC, even if it was better than Dark. I really dislike DC build. So in my opinion, it would be fine to bring DC up to the same level as dark, but remove profit from having another WL in party. Just my 2 cents.

yeah no its not even close to helix build even in that situation. sure having another helix warlock can help a little but its not so groundbreaking. I rarely have to charge bombard in ice build. As for removing profit i really don't get the point of that not tat it means much but how do you do that. Target its a debuff that its applied to enemy not the player.

 

Im not saying buff ice build to insanity just let us get at the same level as helix build. Seriously what am i going to use 10 sec brand for. the only to profit i wingstorm but that skill is the lest dps in the build. i do more with bombard than with wingstorm at a rate of 1/3. meanwhile helix build will be spamable like FM during leach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kuronee said:

Helix-Dimensional volley is better then dragoncall bombardment right now, It will always be better then dragoncall no matter what. With the new  awakened skills dragoncall gets close to helix build. Of course helix will always better because it is instant cast and instant hit. There is no delay in the hitting like dragoncall.  With the soul badges in korea dragoncal is almost equal to helix dps. Like i said before helix only triumphs because it is faster,need no chi and instant cast.

What soul badge are you taking about. i only know 1 that reduces dragoncall cd by 6 if rupture hits so more crit reliance once again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Helix-Dimensional volley is better then dragoncall bombardment right now, It will always be better then dragoncall no matter what. With the new  awakened skills dragoncall gets close to helix build. Of course helix will always better because it is instant cast and instant hit. There is no delay in the hitting like dragoncall.  With the soul badges in korea dragoncal is almost equal to helix dps. Like i said before helix only triumphs because it is faster,need no chi and instant cast.

 

No in saying this dragoncall does NOT need a buff. Dragoncall will get a dps boost when we get the new gear and SS

Edited by Kuronee
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sonozaki said:

You do realise that your DC build profits a lot if there's another darkbuild WL in your party, since they will keep the target debuff up for you all day? That's the only way DC can out-dps Dark.

Nope, The ice Wingstorm is there to keep Target up all time, plus the constant Dragoncall during Leech time, there is no need for a Dark WL for that.

 

What I like about Ice build is that it requires more planning than Dark build. Dark build you can ignore the debuff and treat your target like a sandbag. Ice build requires planning on what to use between boss rotation. For example, the final Boss in Desolate Tomb where he roars, after 4th lava spit, you throw Imprision (3) to cast a DC+Wingstorm then immediately SS iframe the roar to reset and instant cast another DC+Wingstorm. With that you can double cast, or even quadruple cast (if crit) Dragoncall, that's not just damage but also reduce Leech cd by 10s (6 from Imprison and 4 Dragoncalls).

 

Dragoncall build provides a lot more interaction with the enemy and environment than Dark Build which is why I think it deserve more love than it should.

 

 

@Whiteflashkevin @Raizou

There's +3s Leech time badge, and -1s cd of Dragoncall on Bombardment (outside Leech)

Also a Legendary Bracelet that +280% AP on Dragoncall for 9s after you use (2).

Bookmark this Cheat Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOQK34BUTR_55XwnbJOk388gjokrtLZFdhi3vIwXjZc/edit#gid=871513637

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ganhur said:

 

@Whiteflashkevin @Raizou

There's +3s Leech time badge, and -1s cd of Dragoncall on Bombardment (outside Leech)

Also a Legendary Bracelet that +280% AP on Dragoncall for 9s after you use (2).

1. The only benefit to that is the +3 sec on leach since you don't really need cd reset outside of leach that much unless it makes 2 sec cd reduction on leach with bombard i see no use for that. With my rotation i barely need to get dragoncall cd reset outside of leach.

2. Nodah informed me of that and told me that the bracelet is better for helix build since helix hits faster with 150% multiplier and f4 soul shackle you can keep it up more with helix.  

helix 10-0 dragoncall LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

playing on bns tw and love the DCl build,

in my opinion with the soul badges (3 sec additional cdr of DC on rupture during leech), that you don't have in na yet,

combined with the leg ss (no cd on rupture and 50% more dmg rupture)

and leg jewelry procs (2 gives 9 sec of 280% add dmg on DC )

plus leg seraph with 30% leech cdr, just have to say loving the synergy, getting roughly , depending on crit, about 10+ DCs per leech, which leaves leech cd at 5 sec or less after 15 sec duration.

the burst is incredible,

start at 10 m range with thrall, quell plus repulse form 3, instacast DC, cast wingstorm, 2, imprisson, DC and wingstorm again, leech, DC and wingstorm, soulburn, DC and wingstorm, bombardment, rupture, bombardment, rupture, DC,.....by the time first leech is down, leech is already up again, Cooldown of 2 form 4 is basically non existent, and don't forget all the extra crit DC in between and weaving in 2 every 7 sec roughly,

this guarantees 100% neck proc uptime as well, plus the 20% permanent crit dmg boost and 25% crit chance , that's a lot of burst

 

something to look forward to in na :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

2. Nodah informed me of that and told me that the bracelet is better for helix build since helix hits faster with 150% multiplier and f4 soul shackle you can keep it up more with helix. 

I respect Nodah as an expert on Warlock, but that does not mean I take his words for it. He also said Baleful is the go to path for Warlock, which in no way I can agree with. At least, not with my play style.

 

Bottom line is, play with whichever style fits you best. There was a post on forum which I read few weeks after the game came out, it said that DPS in this game is more about tricks than raw stats. I got a Warlock in clan with 640AP and already got 2min Naksun kill achievement. So just think about what you can do with this build and the upcoming changes.

 

As for Helix 10-0 Dragoncall, I'd give it 10-7. Helix is a lot more convenient but I've seen many people who made themselves a fool out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ganhur said:

I respect Nodah as an expert on Warlock, but that does not mean I take his words for it. He also said Baleful is the go to path for Warlock, which in no way I can agree with. At least, not with my play style.

 

Bottom line is, play with whichever style fits you best. There was a post on forum which I read few weeks after the game came out, it said that DPS in this game is more about tricks than raw stats. I got a Warlock in clan with 640AP and already got 2min Naksun kill achievement. So just think about what you can do with this build and the upcoming changes.

 

As for Helix 10-0 Dragoncall, I'd give it 10-7. Helix is a lot more convenient but I've seen many people who made themselves a fool out of it.

Yes baleful is the way to go for warlock or any class in west since seraph has retarded stack requirements. In japan and korea seraph is proc on hit not like west that is proc on getting hit. S yeah that was his response when i informed him about the changes to west in legendary. He said baleful is better. Know that at 10 stacks you get more crit and crit damage so you have to put that into equation while with seraph you only get leach since which boss is going to hit you enough with light attacks to get reset on seraph.

 

640 warlock is nothing special with people getting 60k dps with warlock on 680 ap. its all about that ping mate.

 

i want to play what i like but ice build doesn't assure me the same result as helix and without crit the dps drops significantly. i want to get the same result with the build i like so your whole point is useless. I made this for people to talk about suggestions to  ice build buff.

29 minutes ago, Mutumi said:

playing on bns tw and love the DCl build,

in my opinion with the soul badges (3 sec additional cdr of DC on rupture during leech), that you don't have in na yet,

combined with the leg ss (no cd on rupture and 50% more dmg rupture)

and leg jewelry procs (2 gives 9 sec of 280% add dmg on DC )

plus leg seraph with 30% leech cdr, just have to say loving the synergy, getting roughly , depending on crit, about 10+ DCs per leech, which leaves leech cd at 5 sec or less after 15 sec duration.

the burst is incredible,

start at 10 m range with thrall, quell plus repulse form 3, instacast DC, cast wingstorm, 2, imprisson, DC and wingstorm again, leech, DC and wingstorm, soulburn, DC and wingstorm, bombardment, rupture, bombardment, rupture, DC,.....by the time first leech is down, leech is already up again, Cooldown of 2 form 4 is basically non existent, and don't forget all the extra crit DC in between and weaving in 2 every 7 sec roughly,

this guarantees 100% neck proc uptime as well, plus the 20% permanent crit dmg boost and 25% crit chance , that's a lot of burst

 

something to look forward to in na :)

 The 280% damage is not 280% of dragoncall but 280% of Ap as additional damage on dragoncall so 150% with helix that can be cast faster is better. At that level helix can prock into itself if it crit all the time. here see this. Dragoncall is good if you can finish fight within 20 sec.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 (2 gives 9 sec of 280% add dmg on DC )

 

short for 280% of ap as additional dmg, or else i wouldn't have written the "add" ,)

 

and like i said, i disagree with you on helix being the non plus ultra, builds are always very dependent on person using these and situation, 

also very dependent on how you mix gear, the more you specialise and focus on certain synergies, the more the basic mechanic of a class can actually change and weaknesses can become non existent

 

the huge difference between ur argumentation and mine is, that everything you say about upcoming things is from hearsay (videos and whatever) without u actually testing and calculating yourself. 

for purely pve purpose DC build will be very viable and with the right gear supporting it, DC becomes at least even to Helix (for me personally better)

with the upcoming new leg SS DC will be even better, 30% cd reduce on soulburn, 20% more dmg on DC, 30% less cd of DC

do the math,

15 sec duration on leech, all instacast DC, 20% more crit dmg 100% uptime , 25% more crit Chance 100% uptime, 20% DC dmg,

DC CD 9 to 12 sec ( depending on ur 2 form 4 use ), plus being able to combine 2 badges into 1 hybrid, meaning 6 sec rupture DC badge plus 3 sec Leech duration plus 1 sec Bombardment DC cdr ( which makes Bombardement do 2 sec cdr of DC during leech)

meaning DC every 1 to 2 second during Leech, not even counting crit DC

so yeah....how many Helix can u Spam during 12 sec leech and then afterwards during leech downtime in comparison?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

i want to play what i like but ice build doesn't assure me the same result as helix and without crit the dps drops significantly. i want to get the same result with the build i like so your whole point is useless. I made this for people to talk about suggestions to  ice build buff.
 

 

We are arguing about this because you look down on Dragoncall far too much to a point that it begs a question how have you been using Dragoncall. Because, for some one like me who switch between Dark and Ice build on a wimp, I don't see the build to be that terrible and need major buffing. As I said in previous posts, I never fall short in dps with Icebuilds when compared to a Dark build WL of same AP range in the same party. I also play with 170ping, just fyi.

 

I started using Dark Build 3 weeks after Asura came out. Didn't have dps meter back then, but I always noticed my runs were always longer with my static than when I use dragoncall. So the question I ask myself "Was it the build or was it me?" Like I said, or everyone else has, it's always depend on the users.

 

I think most people know the pro and cons of Ice Build. I already offered suggestion, so these arguments are really just if Ice build really needs a buff or not, or if it is you who should change how to use it.

Edited by Ganhur
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ganhur said:

 

We are arguing about this because you look down on Dragoncall far too much to a point that it begs a question how have you been using Dragoncall. Because, for some one like me who switch between Dark and Ice build on a wimp, I don't see the build to be that terrible and need major buffing. As I said in previous posts, I never fall short in dps with Icebuilds when compared to a Dark build WL of same AP range in the same party. I also play with 170ping, just fyi.

 

I started using Dark Build 3 weeks after Asura came out. Didn't have dps meter back then, but I always noticed my runs were always longer with my static than when I use dragoncall. So the question I ask myself "Was it the build or was it me?" Like I said, or everyone else has, it's always depend on the users.

 

I think most people know the pro and cons of Ice Build. I already offered suggestion, so these arguments are really just if Ice build really needs a buff or not, or if it is you who should change how to use it.

 told you again dont compare your ice build to other warlocks helix build. i have 200+ms and i have outdps other warlocks with higher Ap than me but when i try helix build i have more dps. For me helix dps range is 22k-15k while ice build goes from 18k-12k(on a good run with crit being generous or else it drops from 15k-9k. You have to factor in my shitty ping and how much it affects helix build and i still can get those numbers despite ice build being  easier on high ping. And i have perfected my rotation tothe point that i have to use only 1 more non insta cast dragoncall to get leach again.

7 hours ago, Mutumi said:

 (2 gives 9 sec of 280% add dmg on DC )

 

short for 280% of ap as additional dmg, or else i wouldn't have written the "add" ,)

 

and like i said, i disagree with you on helix being the non plus ultra, builds are always very dependent on person using these and situation, 

also very dependent on how you mix gear, the more you specialise and focus on certain synergies, the more the basic mechanic of a class can actually change and weaknesses can become non existent

 

the huge difference between ur argumentation and mine is, that everything you say about upcoming things is from hearsay (videos and whatever) without u actually testing and calculating yourself. 

for purely pve purpose DC build will be very viable and with the right gear supporting it, DC becomes at least even to Helix (for me personally better)

with the upcoming new leg SS DC will be even better, 30% cd reduce on soulburn, 20% more dmg on DC, 30% less cd of DC

do the math,

15 sec duration on leech, all instacast DC, 20% more crit dmg 100% uptime , 25% more crit Chance 100% uptime, 20% DC dmg,

DC CD 9 to 12 sec ( depending on ur 2 form 4 use ), plus being able to combine 2 badges into 1 hybrid, meaning 6 sec rupture DC badge plus 3 sec Leech duration plus 1 sec Bombardment DC cdr ( which makes Bombardement do 2 sec cdr of DC during leech)

meaning DC every 1 to 2 second during Leech, not even counting crit DC

so yeah....how many Helix can u Spam during 12 sec leech and then afterwards during leech downtime in comparison?

Yeah but helix receives all those benefits and more making high level helix a spam build like fm and sum. here you have a list of warlock skill change with gear

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOQK34BUTR_55XwnbJOk388gjokrtLZFdhi3vIwXjZc/edit#gid=871513637 i think helix got the most significant ones.

 

I told you again in ther short game dragoncall is the best but anything beyond 30 sec helix takes the advantage and never stops.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ice build doesnt need to be buffed.... we are just simply missing a lot of things that would make it work at its full potential. Recently dark build got the badge from ToI which will obviously make it much better than dragoncall at the moment, but as more content keeps coming out dragoncall is going to become insanely good. Just be patient.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tatsuhime said:

Ice build doesnt need to be buffed.... we are just simply missing a lot of things that would make it work at its full potential. Recently dark build got the badge from ToI which will obviously make it much better than dragoncall at the moment, but as more content keeps coming out dragoncall is going to become insanely good. Just be patient.

ah *cricket* it again with this song and dance. no it won't other people have been there and have tested this.

 

What others fail to see is that helix is a number base build. get 3 orbs and you are good while dc is relying in stupid crit requirements. crit with bombard to get rupture. crit 2 times to reset cd of rupture. crit with rupture only during leach to get 6 sec cd reset on dragoncall. Crit on dragoncall if you want extra damage. if any of these processes is interrupted your whole combo is gone. if enemy knocks you during a dragoncall spam thats 3 sec of leach gone and if u had that extra dragoncall it will disappear in the time it takes you to get up. while on helix you can just resume rotation in seconds with the upcoming gear.

 

Another thing is that once better soulshields that reduce soulburn come the rupture ss  becomes useless so you are back to the retarded 3 sec rupture. So you either pick no cd rupture or soulburn cd reduction.

 

My whole problem with it is that i want to alleviate this ridiculous and tiresome crit requirement that dc build has. I cant understand how people defend this stupid system of ice build with : it'll get better with gear.

Like helix won't get better with the same gear. 

Look at fire bm how easy is to pull the same type of cd reset combo. no crit per extra no bullshit requirement after requirement just :

1. tab

2. rmb, rmb, rmb

3. lmb, lmb, lmb

4. rmb, rmb,rmb

 5. tab (repeat)

No stupid crit requirement no restrictions on debuffers. Nothing is left to retarded game algorithm or luck. 

If i don't do good dps with bm i say it was because my reaction was poor, i wasn't fast enough or my rotation still needs training.

If my dps isn't good with Ice build warlock i say *cricket* my dragoncall didn't proc, rupture failed to proc, bombard didnt proc rupture and reset its cd. leach got interrupted now i have to drag my ass till next leach. The failure doesn't rest in you but in the games algorithm. If you are lucky ice build is good if you aren't than don't even hope to catch up to helix build.

 

Do you get it where my problem lies. i say buff ice build not just dragoncall. If we want to keep the same system with ridiculous requirements of crit then i proposed a buff to dragoncall damage or the reset count for every orb.

 

This topic was opened to discus this and give ideas not fight which is better. if u have any ideas to remove the dependence on luck and put that reliance on player skill you are welcome to post it here.

 

Hope you understand where my whole problem with ice build stands. its not just dragon call its the whole rotation and skill requirements.

15 hours ago, Mutumi said:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/16/2016 at 6:47 PM, Ganhur said:

I don't know that. o.o

I've out dps several full dark build Warlock with higher AP (one of them is even 30AP higher) with dragoncalls. But yeah, this is a very sad build without critical and any boss who can discard their debuffs like Jisoyun, Mushin, 2 snakes in Mast.

 

If I want to improve this build I would add:

1. +10% additional critical damage on Branded enemy. (make Brand debuff less useless and the 10s brand on DC badge become viable)

2. +20% critical chance on Dragoncall when hit a Target enemy. (It's a Target, why limit it only to Bombardment)

3. Instant reset and cast of Dragoncall on iframes like Repulse and SS (retreat). (WL barely have much iframes so better make best out of it)

Some counter points

1:+10% crit damage on brand would be great, but benefits Helix build more than Call as Helix keeps up brand at near 100% up time.

2: Dragoncall already grants +25% crit on hit

3: SS already resets both dragoncall and wingstorm each time it iframes, this is pretty big on bosses with the spins, because you can get 2 extra dragoncalls and an extra wingstorm out of it if you have an instant cast up, like leech or a finished 3.

Dragoncall is going to get buffed, but indirectly through new badges and legendary soul shields, like the Black Wind legendary SS (not midnight) gives 20% damage to 4, but also 30% cooldown reduction. Add on the mushins F20 +3 seconds of leech, or next ToI seasons bombardment reducing dragoncall CD by 1 second, and with legendary badges you dont even need to pick. And the other type of badge from midnight plains gives F during leech 3 seconds of CD on dragon call, during leech you are going to pump out so many dragon calls. If we get the TW change to seraph making it on hit like baleful thats another big buff, as right now the resets from baleful resetting 3 already gives 6 seconds off of leech, and it resets dragoncall twice anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dresmyr said:

 

Some counter points

1:+10% crit damage on brand would be great, but benefits Helix build more than Call as Helix keeps up brand at near 100% up time.

2: Dragoncall already grants +25% crit on hit

3: SS already resets both dragoncall and wingstorm each time it iframes, this is pretty big on bosses with the spins, because you can get 2 extra dragoncalls and an extra wingstorm out of it if you have an instant cast up, like leech or a finished 3.

Dragoncall is going to get buffed, but indirectly through new badges and legendary soul shields, like the Black Wind legendary SS (not midnight) gives 20% damage to 4, but also 30% cooldown reduction. Add on the mushins F20 +3 seconds of leech, or next ToI seasons bombardment reducing dragoncall CD by 1 second, and with legendary badges you dont even need to pick. And the other type of badge from midnight plains gives F during leech 3 seconds of CD on dragon call, during leech you are going to pump out so many dragon calls. If we get the TW change to seraph making it on hit like baleful thats another big buff, as right now the resets from baleful resetting 3 already gives 6 seconds off of leech, and it resets dragoncall twice anyway.

oh so im gonna be the monirity once we get all that stuff... since i cant grasp dragoncall in the slighest and it seems like its mroe pin g dependent that helix for me... yay i can offically imma scrub lock ._. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2016 at 4:34 AM, Dresmyr said:

 

Some counter points

1:+10% crit damage on brand would be great, but benefits Helix build more than Call as Helix keeps up brand at near 100% up time.

2: Dragoncall already grants +25% crit on hit

3: SS already resets both dragoncall and wingstorm each time it iframes, this is pretty big on bosses with the spins, because you can get 2 extra dragoncalls and an extra wingstorm out of it if you have an instant cast up, like leech or a finished 3.

Dragoncall is going to get buffed, but indirectly through new badges and legendary soul shields, like the Black Wind legendary SS (not midnight) gives 20% damage to 4, but also 30% cooldown reduction. Add on the mushins F20 +3 seconds of leech, or next ToI seasons bombardment reducing dragoncall CD by 1 second, and with legendary badges you dont even need to pick. And the other type of badge from midnight plains gives F during leech 3 seconds of CD on dragon call, during leech you are going to pump out so many dragon calls. If we get the TW change to seraph making it on hit like baleful thats another big buff, as right now the resets from baleful resetting 3 already gives 6 seconds off of leech, and it resets dragoncall twice anyway.

1. im with u there. That would be a massive dps boost for helix unless it has different values for ice and shadow build.

 

2. That is a bad translation for what i know since it is 5% crit on hit for 5 sec. Maybe its some calculation i dont know but that is the value i get and its not stackable. If it were it would be interesting.

 

3. He is talking about resetting cd on every resist warlock has. SS repulse resist spec or even z rezist(though HM z is pretty op in itself)

 

4. Biggest buff to ice build will be when HM wingstorm that grants 100% crit for 2 sec on crit which will eliminate the crit dependence quite a bit. Though s1 wingstorm could rercieve a slight buff in the form of health steal. Even if it is 15-10% of damage dealt since full ice build is unforgivable in boss fights or when ur swarmed.

 

5. i don't think they will change back but its really stupid how they locked the best possible buff to warlock behind a pvp weapon. Baleful has the clear advantage thanks to the passive buffs to dps and seraph crossed that bridge with the cd reduction and heal so full ice build could be a bit safer. The change of seraph prock requirement was probably the biggest nerf to ice build. Instead of giving players choice they just made something incredibly stupid. And made baleful the obvious choice if you ever hope to get the prock buff and skill reset.

 

6. i said they wont change seraphs effect but i have a sliver of hope since the release of ne pvp weapons maybe they will make the 2 main paths full pve and change seraphs requirement fingers crossed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2016 at 10:38 AM, Whiteflashkevin said:

What others fail to see is that helix is a number base build. get 3 orbs and you are good while dc is relying in stupid crit requirements. crit with bombard to get rupture. crit 2 times to reset cd of rupture. crit with rupture only during leach to get 6 sec cd reset on dragoncall. Crit on dragoncall if you want extra damage. if any of these processes is interrupted your whole combo is gone. if enemy knocks you during a dragoncall spam thats 3 sec of leach gone and if u had that extra dragoncall it will disappear in the time it takes you to get up. while on helix you can just resume rotation in seconds with the upcoming gear.

okay first of all, you should be using volley with helix. secondly, to get those orbs you have to crit, wing storm only gives you enough orbs to cast 3 helix, you have to use dark upture and volley to keep getting orbs, and those skills require crits to make the orbs. 

 

there will be a badge that will remove ice rupture cd and increase the amount of cooldown reduced on dragon call so you can definitely use the shield for the lower soulburn cool down as well

 

if you're getting knocked down and interrupted thats a player skill issue, not build issue. learn to position better, and if its just impossible to use call ( i know some dungeons are really hellish) just use helix and get over it!

 

I hated using call but after the soulburn changes I've been trying it out on the easier dungeons and I can use it successfully and generally deal more damage that when using helix.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...