Forums

Taken Names

Vikler

Very simple solution is for NCsoft to send out emails enmasse to every account and tell them that if they do not login to their account and access every character within a certain time their names will be reset.  They can then reset the name to a number and issue each character with a name change voucher.  This is how this situation is handled on every game I have ever played.  It is extremely selfish of people to have good names sitting on characters that will never be played again.  The main problem being that this game only allows the name to be used ONCE over all servers.

So to people sitting here who have bought the founders packs if they haven't used the characters by now then they don't deserve to keep the names.  I am a Founder Pack owner and all my characters are logged in and out of at least once a week.  It doesn't take much to keep your characters active.

2 hours ago, Cherish said:

Very simple solution is for NCsoft to send out emails enmasse to every account and tell them that if they do not login to their account and access every character within a certain time their names will be reset.  They can then reset the name to a number and issue each character with a name change voucher.  This is how this situation is handled on every game I have ever played.  It is extremely selfish of people to have good names sitting on characters that will never be played again.  The main problem being that this game only allows the name to be used ONCE over all servers.

So to people sitting here who have bought the founders packs if they haven't used the characters by now then they don't deserve to keep the names.  I am a Founder Pack owner and all my characters are logged in and out of at least once a week.  It doesn't take much to keep your characters active.

Well most of us arent interested in playing alts ir dont have the time but guess what, we want to keep the names we got with the holy right to reserve them for spending 100$.

if you want to give it up thats noble but most of us dont.

5 hours ago, Cherish said:

it is not a simple solution. it is called abuse. but since you are defending position, you dont get the damage your ideas could have..

32 minutes ago, Shukran said:

it is not a simple solution. it is called abuse. but since you are defending position, you dont get the damage your ideas could have..

It's not like someone is going to snatch your name out from under you and there's nothing you can do about it in the case of a wipe, in every game i've played where there has been a wipe, they send you multiple emails to advise you to log in and secure your names.

There is a large amount of names sitting unsused by people who lost interest in the game and moved on, most likely if they havn't logged into a game in more then a year they don't plan on coming back and even if they do they have the opportunity to log on and secure thier character names and then ignore them for the next 1 or 2 years.

I payed for the highest tier founders pack to secure 2 names for myself but i don't believe that gives me the right to keep those names for eternity even if i never plan to use them again.

The ideal way it should be done is any account that hasn't been logged in for more then a year or even two if you want to be really generous, gets 5 email warnings letting them know that if they want to keep thier names they need to log in. If they choose to keep thier account active they then get removed from the list until the criteria comes up again.

That way people get the opportunity to try for a name from a dead account instead of them sitting there unsused and unwanted.

Here is the thing the names arent unwanted. thats the whole point of reserving the name. and in all fairness as opposed to you. i do think that since i paid for the master pack i am entitled to use the names i reserved with it. Regardless if i play those characters or not.

Archived