Forums

Taken Names

Vikler

Hello, there is a big problem with taken names by 23 lvl chars that are offline for 8 months and those Char/Clan Names are still unavailable  for us who still play this game and when you send a ticket to support the answer is so disappointing, like they dont give a *cricket* about this, so lets see if any1 knows after how long of inactivity 1 name can be available again for others to use.

Still must be more than 8 months, but for real you have to look after this and make more names available for ppl who will use them.

There's no set time limit.

As long as that character is still there, the name is will unavailable to anyone else. Sending a ticket to support is useless because they can't do anything about inactivity.

NCwest may do a character wipe in the future to free up those names but they also fall into a problem of Founders who bought their packs to reserve those names.

They could've reserved them, played for a bit and had to quit due to real life issues or just got bored of the game. But they still are Founders with the reserve right but who knows what NCwest will do.

4 minutes ago, Vikler said:

They can send them mail and ask them, so if we send ticket for a specific name we can take it if the player is not coming back.

Do you expect every single person will notice and reply back to an email?

And you also have to remember there's phising emails out there so if they get an NCsoft email asking about their character name, it would seem kind of odd and out of place.

I see your point, im interested after a clan name and we cant have it because an 23 lvl char has it for more than 8 months now.
we cant do our job in this game with a second name if you understand me, if he was even 50 lvl i wouldnt ask support to do smthing, but ye he is 23 lvl for more than 8 months.

Granted, I understand how you feel. There are certain character names or clan names that would be nice to use but sadly can't since someone who doesn't even play anymore has it.

But like I said, NCwest may do something like a character wipe for whoever is under level 30 or something in the future but as of now, I don't think they have any plans to do this.

Also, I'm just speaking of past experiences I've had on other games that I have played that has done this after the game has been up for quite some time.

Yeah i see, thank you.
My idea was to change their clan name to smthing else and give us that clan name if he comes back and wants it he can have it, but seems too much for for the support team.

Lets hope they do a wipe very soon.

30 minutes ago, K4t said:

They wont do a wipe. Ever. Especially if the toon is inactive yet shares the same account as another toon with 5 or 6 cash shop outfits and gear that shows evidence of high activity and effort input.

If they have signs of high activity then it won't be wiped.

We're talking about the characters that are blatantly not being played, have nothing on them of value and/or was completely abandoned.

And it is also possible that they can just change the characters names that are inactive so the current name would become available.

I still have all of my Lineage 2 characters and I stopped playing when it became f2p. Afaik NC has never wiped accounts/characters for inactivity. Unless you are banned or request deletion yourself nothing will be done.

The only reason for a company to do this is clearing space in their database or threatening deletion by mail to get some ppl to come back to the game.

The latter one is done by NC with welcome back gifts which work much better.

BnS allows spaces in character names. There is a huge amount of options to name your charakter almost like you wanted without adding random strings of letters and numbers to it like you need to do in most other MMORPGs.

In Neverwinter, you have one @handle which is permanent and unique. Character names are not unique, though. You can have hundreds of people named Kirito or Dizzt(which you do), but each one has a different handle.

Ex: Kirito@Muchbooze4213; Kirito@failsauce772; Kirito@heebyJeebies119

When whispering the individual character, you type "/w @Muchbooze4213" and it'll whisper any character that player is using.

3 hours ago, Slyce said:

I still have all of my Lineage 2 characters and I stopped playing when it became f2p. Afaik NC has never wiped accounts/characters for inactivity. Unless you are banned or request deletion yourself nothing will be done.

The only reason for a company to do this is clearing space in their database or threatening deletion by mail to get some ppl to come back to the game.

The latter one is done by NC with welcome back gifts which work much better.

BnS allows spaces in character names. There is a huge amount of options to name your charakter almost like you wanted without adding random strings of letters and numbers to it like you need to do in most other MMORPGs.

They did wipe inactive chars in lineage2 at least once. There obviously won't be any wipe in the near future for bns the game is still way too new for something like this. I dunno why people complain about lack of char names anyway, considering you can even use a space makes up for endless possibilities people just need to be more creative and not just try names like naruto..

yes they did wipe for L2 for sure, and the person im talking is 23 lvl for more than 8 months and he has not other chars but he taken the clan name that we need so we using a same version of clan name but with special letter.

15 hours ago, Abysmal said:

People must be salty about that lv1 FM.

What they could do is change the name of characters of accounts who are more than 1 year inactive to (current name)-(random numbers).

I agree with that, thats League Of legends system, they change your name to some random numbers and if you come back you can ask support to change it to any available name.

8 hours ago, Zuzu said:

If they have signs of high activity then it won't be wiped.

We're talking about the characters that are blatantly not being played, have nothing on them of value and/or was completely abandoned.

And it is also possible that they can just change the characters names that are inactive so the current name would become available.

Especially if the toon is inactive yet shares the same account as another toon

shares the same account 

It wont matter if the toon itself is inactive, so long as it shares an account where one or more toons are active or even has a history of bought items it wont be touched by a wipe or GM/Dev intervention.

if u see a low character not played, have u ever wondered that maybe it is because that account wants to save that name for..reasons?

why should i lose a character's name i created before someone, just because him, at a certain point of his life decides that he wants that name.

deal with it.

If you want reserve name : you create a character to have it > we all agree with that.

This case doesn't seems like a reservation name, the guy plays till lvl 23 then left the game, meaning he wont come back. He dislikes it or just has real life matter.

The second point is even if NC wont delete character, why letting clan name to a ghost character ? I mean you create a clan to socialize, not to be alone. The clan itself is useless for 1 person.

You further acknowledge that NCSOFT may, in its sole and absolute discretion, choose to modify or to delete, or choose not to modify or not to delete, any Account Display Name, Team Name, or Character ID if You are not in compliance with the provisions in Section 4 below or any other provisions related to the foregoing.

You can read that and the rest for yourself. You wont find a given time you have to be online or not so asking for deleting or rechange the name of someone else character is selfish and stupid. You wont have the name, deal with it.

2 hours ago, th4d said:

If you want reserve name : you create a character to have it > we all agree with that.

This case doesn't seems like a reservation name, the guy plays till lvl 23 then left the game, meaning he wont come back. He dislikes it or just has real life matter.

The second point is even if NC wont delete character, why letting clan name to a ghost character ? I mean you create a clan to socialize, not to be alone. The clan itself is useless for 1 person.

You miss one point tho:

It is still someones name / clan name, regardless if he doesnt play anymore, he was first, he got it, plain simple. If its taken your loss.

13 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

It is still someones name, regardless if he doesnt play anymore, he was first, he got it, plain simple.

...i still remember...

...a few minutes after the OB launched in january (and it was 6am in the morning (UTC +2))...

... i created quick 2 characters (appereance ignored) and "saved" my favourite names ^.^

There IS one other solution, other than COVETING someone else's name, whether or not they still play or not. The solution is to not be so butt-hurt that someone else got a name that YOU wanted to use form your mutually-enjoyed ANIME, or TV show, or movie, or book, or your favorite Pokemon. It's TOTALLY okay to just make up a name of your own, be original, or at least creative. It's unfair to people who have such names, to even have people THINKING or actively begging for THEIR names to be wiped, reserved or not, just because you want the name for yourself and they haven't been on the game in a while. Sometimes, people just go off the grid, in real life, DUE to real life circumstances, and it's not up to YOU to decide FOR them, whether or not they will even revisit the game, once things become normalized in whatever chaos they've had to deal with. I lost names that I wanted to keep on games that I took "breaks" from, only to find that the game went to a free-to-play model, or my characters' respective names were butchered into having NUMBERS added to the ends of them, because I wasn't there to be "first" to RE-claim my own name, during a server merge, on a game that's nearly a ghost town, but too slow to die out, since a few people DID stick with the game in my absence. I lost one name in Everquest a long time ago, because I had the same name as a certain boss, but I was allowed to keep it UNTIL someone told a GM that THEY had a problem with it. I was originally "ok'd" by a GM in the first place, and was told I COULD keep the name, so that turned out to be hogwash. -But to lose a character's name to someone else's ENVY...? Give me a friggin' break. Someone else beat you to the punch for whatever name it is that you want, but you're just going to have to accept that you may never get it for yourself at all. You should move on, and just work over your brain a little bit until you can think of a potentially BETTER name, so that this issue will have never had to be posted in this forum in the first place. You can later look back at this nonsense and say to yourself, "Man, I really was illin' over nothin'.

When I tried to log into my ncsoft account to try b&s I found that it was wiped along with the l2 chars and ncoin on it.  This happened with that master account migration that I missed last year.  They also did a character purge in 2013 so I could still happen if the person misses the email to log in

Archived