Windrest (EU server) went full crimson, pls fix this ncwest

Erza Scarlet

What's the point of having faction wars if it isn't balanced? Ncsoft many clans in eu Windrest have changed from Blue to Red faction making all faction content one sided. Make it balanced pls this is against the fundamental concept of the whole Ceruleon vs Crimson. It will also become a problem with new faction content.

Blame the community on that server, not NCwest. Don't turn to them for help when they can't do anything.

It would be even amongst the server if people had honor but that won't happen since people prefer less work + faster to finish.

4 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

What shall NCWest do, in youre opinion?

And try to think about the lazyness of peopls, they want it fast and easy. There is no real way to bring a 50-50 or 40-60 open PvP to us, cause they would switch factions then, cause the other faction might be better in SSP. Easy as that.

Make daily faction related quests easier for the outnumbered faction based on server % participation and vice versa.

If faction dominance is like 75% - 25% maybe quests requiring 10 kills would scale to like 20 - 2 since it's a lot easier and safer for the dominant side.

If the difference isn't big enough then people won't switch sides. Say 10 kills vs 5 kills for the dominant side. Since it's marginally slower when you control the zone anyway, no one would bother changing.

And for more accurate numbers it should be based on the number of people completing the quests in THAT zone the previous week or something. NOT total server population since far from everybody participate in pvp / bots.

7 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

Faction maps should be isolated, similar to arena and dungeon. The successful pvp games are always those that require getting into a lobby before fighting it out. Those OWpvp system are always too uncontrollable and not popular.

yeah i cant wait to see 40v40 queued  players waiting for 20+ mins comeing on forum to rage.

factions are balanced around number of players in that faction. but if in 1 faction there are owpvpers and in the other not, what do u want to do?

if someone is farming ch1, switch ch2

last..may/june? in windrest eu, ceruleans were bored. instead of doing their ssp daily they went on chasing crimson that did theirs. morale: ssp was stucked because childish ceruleans blocked every single crimson mining.

was it fun? no.

were more ceru than crimsons? probably yes,

if u need SSP, why dont u create a guild of 60-80 ceru and go all together in SSP doing daily? i assure you that u would do it clean run. 

13 minutes ago, Shukran said:

yeah i cant wait to see 40v40 queued  players waiting for 20+ mins comeing on forum to rage.

factions are balanced around number of players in that faction. but if in 1 faction there are owpvpers and in the other not, what do u want to do?

My idea is that OWpvp should be scrapped and trashed like the rubbish that it is. The PVP system should only be in F8 or F9 lobby, we have arena and wwv now. If we add in SSP in there I'm thinking it would be good. In lobby pvp system, you don't stick to a faction permenantly. You enter the lobby you random get in red or blue, and this continue until the lobby is full then the players enter into a fight. Similar to wwv i guess. Without OWpvp don't you think WWV and 3v3 will be more meaningful? Those who want to pvp will always be hanging in lobby, there will always be people crowding there. Just like how F8 cross server is always full because it is a huge inconvenince to windstride to that dungeon location. They just need to make OWpvp an inconvenince or rather just scrapped it.

I know it's not the developers fault but please we need some kind of rebalancing between factions. At midnight alot of Ceruleans showed up to kill Blackwyrm and terrors in Misty ; then we decided to try SSP out again and damn that was alot of fun. I bet alot of Ceruleans (including myself) miss mining in SSP .

@Babbletr0n please guys work on some kind of balancing :( and dont tell me to just switch factions x.x 

1 hour ago, StingKun said:

I know it's not the developers fault but please we need some kind of rebalancing between factions. At midnight alot of Ceruleans showed up to kill Blackwyrm and terrors in Misty ; then we decided to try SSP out again and damn that was alot of fun. I bet alot of Ceruleans (including myself) miss mining in SSP .

@Babbletr0n please guys work on some kind of balancing :( and dont tell me to just switch factions x.x 

On Greenhollow / Servergroup 2 we have the exact same issue - only that there according to BnSTree 70% of the characters are with Cerulean: https://bnstree.com/character

Which means in the end that the majority of the 30% on Crimson side are actually low levels who are poorly geared. Many of the higher levels who want EZ mode are switching sides. 

That the OPvP feature as it was intended by the developers is currently dysfuncional remains my only really huge criticizsm with the game. I don´t even bother for missing on SSP itself, i bother for missing the bigger actions, for gathering the faction and clash on the battlefield.

It is such group actions, the experience and organization with friends in a team in real battle (not with boring npcs) which keeps me going in the endgame of an mmo. :/

Thus i have to say that i strongly support the plea of the poor *cough* Windrest Ceru faction. OP, it would be nice if you could adjust the topic title to address the faction balance issue generally, not just for Cerus on Windrest so more people would be willing to support it.

@Babbletr0n - is there hope that we finally may get a solution to this? It is really sad to see a large and intriguing  portion of the game not working as intended.

6 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

My idea is that OWpvp should be scrapped and trashed like the rubbish that it is. The PVP system should only be in F8 or F9 lobby, we have arena and wwv now. If we add in SSP in there I'm thinking it would be good. In lobby pvp system, you don't stick to a faction permenantly. You enter the lobby you random get in red or blue, and this continue until the lobby is full then the players enter into a fight. Similar to wwv i guess. Without OWpvp don't you think WWV and 3v3 will be more meaningful? Those who want to pvp will always be hanging in lobby, there will always be people crowding there. Just like how F8 cross server is always full because it is a huge inconvenince to windstride to that dungeon location. They just need to make OWpvp an inconvenince or rather just scrapped it.

Are you sure about that? Are you new in this forum? Didn't you see alot of high gear people whining about being matched up with low gear players in wwv during and after the wwv event? If they really used your idea, then B&S would die within a month and this forum will be filled up with complaining posts. Also, people will keep on abusing disconnect from the game if the match is totally one-sided as well. Also, this is not really possible for EU/NA B&S as I don't believe NCsoft has any rights to change any major game content for this game. All the patches have to be provided by Korea's. Even if Korean game takes your idea, it will take at least 1-2 years to implement in their game first. Then, 1-2 years later we will get the new patch. That's will be total 2-4 years before we get it.

OWpvp is the way it is now. If you feel that you must farm in SSP, then switch faction. If not, just farm the mats in other area. The most valuable items in SSP are moonstones in which you can also farm in mushin tower as well. There is really no point to complain about it.

Easy answer : make more SSP channels.

10-12 SSP chan and the overpopulated faction cant take all channel, low populated faction can take 1-2 and do their quest.

They could also make some channels designated to each faction (cause admit it, 99% of ppl dont give a fk about owpvp which is crap)

It's NCsoft who can fix this problem, not the community (and dont forget this is way worse since their genius merge server idea)

16 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Are you sure about that? Are you new in this forum? Didn't you see alot of high gear people whining about being matched up with low gear players in wwv during and after the wwv event?

Yes I am sure about it. In wwv high geared get pairs up with low geared because there are not enough people playing it. If Ssp is not owpvp but can only be accessed by lobby i believe there will be high chance for equal geared player to match up.

16 hours ago, FrozenB said:

OWpvp is the way it is now. If you feel that you must farm in SSP, then switch faction. If not, just farm the mats in other area. The most valuable items in SSP are moonstones in which you can also farm in mushin tower as well. There is really no point to complain about it.

My faction is the dominant one in my server and I have some chance of getting moonstone if i try hard enough. My point is this is supposed to be a pvp system. How is everyone being on one faction looks like a pvp system to you? I prefer it to be scrapped and replaced with lobby system.

6 hours ago, Bim404 said:

Easy answer : make more SSP channels.

10-12 SSP chan and the overpopulated faction cant take all channel, low populated faction can take 1-2 and do their quest.

They could also make some channels designated to each faction (cause admit it, 99% of ppl dont give a fk about owpvp which is crap)

It's NCsoft who can fix this problem, not the community (and dont forget this is way worse since their genius merge server idea)

population creates channels, not viceversa.

I play on the under populated faction in group 2. Whilst I feel locked out of certain content for progression terms I am happy that NCsoft allowed the attainment of materials from other source locations.

However the problem is greater than just SSP or OPvP as entire factions become unpopulated they are impossible to recruit from. With no new recruits joining and veteran players getting tired or switching it is becoming increasingly problematic to

try and recruit new players to our clan.

One thing however I feel must change is how faction balance is determined. I often attempt to recruit from

the other faction selling the idea of our clan to them, but the number one deterrent is the punishment for switching and losing faction rank. With an already uphill struggle to farm it back it acts as a major disincentive to move.

I can tolerate longer character development, I can tolerate being locked out of content but being prevented from

being able to recruit any players without them sacrificing so much to join just feels absolutely flawed. 

I fear you're right, however when I referred to faction balance, the source data that determines what makes the system consider them to be "equal" is what could be worked on. Granted I don't know how it works currently so troubleshooting is somewhat problematic from my perspective 

Archived