Is there a way to get more fps

Vyary

51 minutes ago, Aloth said:

That is a software issue. It is up to the software developer to fully utilise the existing hardware.

By the way, I rolled back to Windows 7 and the performance difference compared to Windows 8 is night and day. We're not just talking about more FPS here... The game actually stopped stuttering and randomly hanging. The game kicks in my CPU fans and the GPU utilisation stays high without dropping.

And.... my laptop have drivers only for windows 8 and 10 :D and cant run win7 so sad. So if someone tested do the game run better in windows 10 or its same as win8.

PS: If they could just write the game to run on Vulkan (API) this would be the best game...

3 hours ago, K4t said:

Hardware specs? 

I got two pcs with hardware specs that are night and day apart. The mid tier one uses 7 while the high tier one uses 10. The only diff I get with bns is an increase in fps on the win10 pc. Besides that everything graphically and performance wise is almost the same.

Currently running it on this: https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G750JS/specifications/ At the moment, I don't have access to my tower for further testing.

3 hours ago, Vyary said:

And.... my laptop have drivers only for windows 8 and 10 :D and cant run win7 so sad. So if someone tested do the game run better in windows 10 or its same as win8.

PS: If they could just write the game to run on Vulkan (API) this would be the best game...

My friends who run it on Windows 10 complain about the occasional FPS drop, but overall they encountered none of the issues I had. I think you're better off upgrading to 10 anyway because your laptop should be running the game pretty well (stable 60+ FPS even in large and poorly optimized instances). Windows 8 seems to be the Vista of this Windows generation.

I have the same laptop as you OP and I can assure you that your problem will be some software issue (or HDD failure). I'm running BnS on Win 10 with only the drivers downloaded from ASUS support. I have every setting on max and i always have 70-120 fps everywhere, the only places i have to lower the graphics to 3 are Zaiwei Ruins and Twisted Grimhorn Wilds.

If you downloaded your drivers from somewhere else and not from Asus support then i suggest you to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Asus. My other suggestion is to check your HDD for failures.

Do you have an SSD installed in your laptop? I have an SSD (a cheap Kingston one) + HDD, running Bns from the SSD. One thing I have there is the occasional hang during loading screens, I guess that's Win10"s fault. Hope it helps.

Archived