Is there a way to get more fps

Vyary

Hello,

I want to ask if there are ways to increase fps in blade and soul. I have tried editing nvidia bns profile but nothing much from there so ask if u have found some other/new way to get some boot.

My rig: Asus RoG G751JT

Regards

2 hours ago, Anvi said:

Try disabling hyper-threading in BIOS. Most Unreal3 games get negative performance with it enabled.

Especially games that are CPU bottlenecked on a single thread.

Unfortunately my laptop dont have an option in bios to disable hyper-threading i will try with setting affinity only to the first 4-cores.

One ingame friend of mine told me this:

-go grahpics setting click apply all and set to 2. If your rig is better you can try 3, or even 4.

-untick apply all and manually adjust the setting to get the graphics you want.

-Usually it is only the texture, special effect, character view bar you would adjust. The rest is not so important unless you are particular about your graphics.

Not recommended unless necessary:

-ctrl f to switch off other players.

-go to setting and off the display of all other characters and cats names.

I run an i5 @3.5ghz and a 270x gpu, settings all set to 4 in game. I get 70-80 fps for most things in 24m's it drops to the 50's. A 1080 is waaay overkill, but I'd still get 1 if I had the cash..:L

i always use ctrl+f to hide characters tho because there is no other working way to turn on off spell effects from other players and I can't see shit with all that flashing crap in the middle of my screen.

WTB a Disable Other players Spell effect garbage button that works!!!

Get the best gear from 2010 as game development started somewhere in 2008 and ended with release in 2012. It was tweaked for that time hardwares and softwares so the best PCs from ~2010 should run game the best. Currently the best up to date hardwares and softwares have to run on compatibility modes, uses different features  and in the end they perform same or even worse than the gear the game was built on to work.

I always recommend people to buy the best motherboard they can have instead of saving for the graphics card or processor. It'll save you from doing all these troubleshooting and stuff figuring out how to max the FPS. It doesn't increase the FPS but it helps you to balance your mobo and GPU to run better.

51 minutes ago, xxxAoi said:

I always recommend people to buy the best motherboard they can have instead of saving for the graphics card or processor. It'll save you from doing all these troubleshooting and stuff figuring out how to max the FPS. It doesn't increase the FPS but it helps you to balance your mobo and GPU to run better.

I hope no1 follow this to build a PC!!!! LOL

And like same ppl say dont build PC for this game.

1080 is for 4k if you buy 1 to play a 1080p you are ctrazy

27 minutes ago, Fufia said:

I hope no1 follow this to build a PC!!!! LOL

And like same ppl say dont build PC for this game.

1080 is for 4k if you buy 1 to play a 1080p you are ctrazy

The motherboard is as important as the graphics card. Even a technician knows this. Only idgits think otherwise.

18 minutes ago, xxxAoi said:

The motherboard is as important as the graphics card. Even a technician knows this. Only idgits think otherwise.

Relax dont get mad :)

I dont say is not importante but 90% of ppl dont use what more expensive MB give and 95% dont need. (% is a exemple)

Buy a good BM yes but not more expensive than cpu or gpu.

But you can give me a link for someone who recommend your way to build a gaming pc!!! :)

11 minutes ago, Fufia said:

Relax dont get mad :)

I dont say is not importante but 90% of ppl dont use what more expensive MB give and 95% dont need. (% is a exemple)

Buy a good BM yes but not more expensive than cpu or gpu.

But you can give me a link for someone who recommend your way to build a gaming pc!!! :)

I didn't mention on my post that the motherboard should be more expensive than the graphics card, did I? I say best because these types of motherboards usually support multiple GPUs even an ancient one can work. It's cheaper that way. You should also ask yourself why the game is still laggy even if you have the latest graphics card. Looks (GPU) don't cover for that. Your brain (CPU and motherboard) is.

I don't have to provide any links because this logic is everywhere. Maybe you should search in Google more.

Going to have to disagree that nothing can be done, although it's certainly a "maybe" / "I don't know".  What I can tell you is my own personal experience despite that this seems to vary greatly from person to person. (looks like that laptop probably came with a Win10 copy pre-installed, looking up the specs on it)

My friends and I that started the game together, basically found it to be the case that B&S simply does not work well under Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (comparatively).  Time and time again, we've re-tested our systems on modern OS's / clean installs each time (yes, including having installed proper chipset drivers each-time -- and yes, even after the Win10 Anniversary update).  Each testing, we wound up finding that we got roughly 20-30% more FPS (in all situations) under Windows 7, and reverting back to Windows 7.

--Meaning as an example, I'd be doing a run of Gloomdross during the second camp defense getting ~38-42fps on Win10.  At the same settings, on the same hardware, in the same party formation with the same people, I'd be getting ~58-65 fps on Win7 (reproducible).

Obviously I'm not saying that you should change OS's just for a single game, yet if B&S is the only game that you play it's probably worth testing for yourself.  If you did attempt something like this, it'd be a good idea to backup your machine with CloneZilla or the likes first so that you can revert quickly if there's no improvement.

To increase fps outside of hardware scope(as in not configuring or changing any hardware):

*Stay zoomed out at all times, max zoom out is 400 i think. Set it like that and keep it zoomed out at all times.
*Take off or lower shadows.
*Put all graphics settings on ranges between 1 to 3.

*Disable anti aliasing in game.

*Put the blade&soul process to high priority on all cores and put the gameguard process on lowest priority one one core or all.
*Close all visually intensive applications/browsers for example a photo or video editor/recorder and youtube video in browser. Or put the process as low priority.

*Don't listen to people here posturing, saying crap about the OS or any other software related fixes.

The game's fps problem stems from bad hardware utilization. The easiest and most economical way to solve this problem on a desktop pc however is to buy a gaming or high performance motherboard as xxxAoi said. That's' going to cost you anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars upward. So I have no idea where the notion of it costing more than a gpu or cpu came from looool. 

I have a high tier and a mid tier rig. My mid tier runs bns no problems with 45 to 50 something frames with everything on max, everything. It has a graphics card with less memory than your rig, it has a far slower processor than your rig and yet it gets the job done with stunning visuals to boot why? The mobo it has currently has everything running on overclock, everything. Why you're having fps problems with 3gb vram and an i7 is beyond me lol.

9 hours ago, BlackDesert said:

I'm getting a stable 60fps with my extremely old i7-3820 and 980ti.I set everything at maxed setting with 3440x1440 resolution :)

That processor and card is old but capable. As is most i7s and cards bought as high tier at the time apparently. You get what you fork out a bit of money for which is near future proofing. I have an i7 6700 in my other rig and I probs wont need a change cpu for another 5 years at least. Cant say the same for the other rig, my x4 880k in came out a few months ago. Its made to be a "console level" rig anyway so no bigs, still runs the games I'm interested in in stunning enough detail.

If the game is stable for you but runs at low FPS, your only option is upgrading your hardware, If the game is not stable (FPS fluctuates wildly), then it's most likely a software issue. I'm in the software issue camp. My game goes from 15 fps to 120 in arena. In one match it's fine, then it randomly goes wild the next round. A quick look at GPU and CPU utilization reveals <60% CPU usage and constant 1-2 second drops in GPU usage from 80% to 10-20%. Similar behaviour has been observed by other players running Windows 8. Those same players went back to Windows 7 and the issues were gone. The MMO I played before BnS was Riders of Icarus and I was running at stable 60 FPS during 200-man owPvP battles (manastone) with 50-100 player characters rendered on my screen and max settings. BnS optimization is just garbage, you have to learn to live with it. I suggest you try running a different OS before you start buying new hardware - it's less hassle and money.

1 hour ago, Aloth said:

If the game is stable for you but runs at low FPS, your only option is upgrading your hardware, If the game is not stable (FPS fluctuates wildly), then it's most likely a software issue. I'm in the software issue camp. My game goes from 15 fps to 120 in arena. In one match it's fine, then it randomly goes wild the next round. A quick look at GPU and CPU utilization reveals <60% CPU usage and constant 1-2 second drops in GPU usage from 80% to 10-20%. Similar behaviour has been observed by other players running Windows 8. Those same players went back to Windows 7 and the issues were gone. The MMO I played before BnS was Riders of Icarus and I was running at stable 60 FPS during 200-man owPvP battles (manastone) with 50-100 player characters rendered on my screen and max settings. BnS optimization is just garbage, you have to learn to live with it. I suggest you try running a different OS before you start buying new hardware - it's less hassle and money.

Thats a configuration/utilization prob. Not software. I have win7 on my mid tier pc and win 10 on my high tier pc and the game runs better on the high tier pic, not a difference in visuals but a difference in fps, I get 10 more fps than I do on my mid tier rig tho.

You might get something like this

Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Super JetStream http://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=2619
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 Water CPU Cooler (enfriador)
Liteon EBAU108 External DVD-RW Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM Module - Black (4 barretas RAM de 8GB c/u)
Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Skylake CPU
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (Disco SSD)
Corsair RM1000i (CP-9020084-UK) 1000w 80+ Gold Modular PSU (fuente de alimentación)
Dynamode 150Mb 11n NANO USB 2.0 Wireless Dongle / Adapter (Ralink) 5370 (adaptador WIFI )
NZXT-H440-SPECIALEDITION-GREEN (carcasa)
Toshiba 3TB HDD (Disco duro)
Gigabyte Z170X-GAMING 3 Motherboard (placa base)

BoEl2yz.jpg

0UAO3GN.jpg

gRg9u4K.jpg

3WNpy1C.jpg

Although in my humble opinion, this would have to charge

R0JtKtO.jpg

On 16/10/2016 at 6:54 PM, K4t said:

Thats a configuration/utilization prob. Not software. I have win7 on my mid tier pc and win 10 on my high tier pc and the game runs better on the high tier pic, not a difference in visuals but a difference in fps, I get 10 more fps than I do on my mid tier rig tho.

That is a software issue. It is up to the software developer to fully utilise the existing hardware.

By the way, I rolled back to Windows 7 and the performance difference compared to Windows 8 is night and day. We're not just talking about more FPS here... The game actually stopped stuttering and randomly hanging. The game kicks in my CPU fans and the GPU utilisation stays high without dropping.

35 minutes ago, Aloth said:

That is a software issue. It is up to the software developer to fully utilise the existing hardware.

By the way, I rolled back to Windows 7 and the performance difference compared to Windows 8 is night and day. We're not just talking about more FPS here... The game actually stopped stuttering and randomly hanging. The game kicks in my CPU fans and the GPU utilisation stays high without dropping.

Hardware specs? 

I got two pcs with hardware specs that are night and day apart. The mid tier one uses 7 while the high tier one uses 10. The only diff I get with bns is an increase in fps on the win10 pc. Besides that everything graphically and performance wise is almost the same.

Archived